HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Business of Hockey
The Business of Hockey Discuss the financial and business aspects of the NHL. Topics may include the CBA, work stoppages, broadcast contracts, franchise sales, and NHL revenues.

OT - A look at the old and new NBA CBA

Old
10-28-2012, 05:08 PM
Realm

vCash: 500
OT - A look at the old and new NBA CBA

I dont know why the players in the NHL are so offended by what the NHL is trying to do. Look at what the NBA did. I dont hear much if any complaining about the CBA now the NBA agreed to.

BRI went from 57% to 51.5% in year 1, and down to 49-51% the following 9 years.
NBA's 1st offer was around 43% (sound familiar?)

Max deals of contract lengths are 4 years, each team has option to sign 1 guy to a 5 year deal.

ETC, ETC, considering how basketball is actually more popular than the NHL I would think the players would consider a deal that is "about" the same if not better in the NHL to be a good deal. I know they arent happy about any give back, but come on, you had to know. Again, if the NHL had their CBA end July 1st like the NBA did, the off-season spending spree would not have happened, causing all this crap.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/page/...pares-last-one

Realm is offline   Reply With Quote