HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

The All Purpose Lu Thread (MOD WARNING IN OP)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-08-2012, 02:24 PM
  #651
Scottrockztheworld*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,301
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reign Nateo View Post
This thread is like a time warp... Same discussions since April...
Yup same discussion, same arguments, same misconceptions. Add to that the fact there is no CBA in place & you wonder why its still going on.

Scottrockztheworld* is offline  
Old
11-08-2012, 02:27 PM
  #652
Shawnathon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 321
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagine17 View Post
Yup same discussion, same arguments, same misconceptions. Add to that the fact there is no CBA in place & you wonder why its still going on.
Yet you still always come to comment.

Shawnathon is offline  
Old
11-08-2012, 02:30 PM
  #653
ACC1224
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 29,881
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
Since a number dislike the first's inclusion. That leaves three options I would sub it out. They are: Frattin, Finn and possibly Blacker.

I suspect that will be equally unfavorable but we need something of value here. Colburne/Ashton are fringe prospects, a second isn't worth it and we have no more spots left for roster players after adding Connolly and Kadri.

So which do you value more, one of those prospects (and if I were to choose, Frattin) or your first?
Remove Connolly.

ACC1224 is offline  
Old
11-08-2012, 02:37 PM
  #654
Scottrockztheworld*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,301
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnathon View Post
Yet you still always come to comment.
I'm not speculating on trades, how the CBA will play out or anything like that. Its usually about people's misconceptions about Luongo's willingness to play in Vancouver. If posters actually read quotes from the Province that I quoted then maybe I wouldn't have to do so.

Scottrockztheworld* is offline  
Old
11-08-2012, 02:40 PM
  #655
Bourne Endeavor
Moderator
HFBoards: Night's Watch
 
Bourne Endeavor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,792
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACC1224 View Post
Remove Connolly.
Nope.

That would make it just Kadri and Frattin. Now we need something else and no, Lombardi is not going to cut it.

Bourne Endeavor is offline  
Old
11-08-2012, 02:43 PM
  #656
Bourne Endeavor
Moderator
HFBoards: Night's Watch
 
Bourne Endeavor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,792
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagine17 View Post
I'm not speculating on trades, how the CBA will play out or anything like that. Its usually about people's misconceptions about Luongo's willingness to play in Vancouver. If posters actually read quotes from the Province that I quoted then maybe I wouldn't have to do so.
What gets me is how many people believe they know more about the Canucks than actual Canuck fans. The only team I have enough in-depth analysis about beyond Vancouver, is Montreal, because I keep up with both teams. Even when it comes to what our own GM says, apparently we just misheard him.

Bourne Endeavor is offline  
Old
11-08-2012, 02:46 PM
  #657
ACC1224
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 29,881
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
Nope.

That would make it just Kadri and Frattin. Now we need something else and no, Lombardi is not going to cut it.
You won't get both of them either.

You can have Connolly for free if you like.

ACC1224 is offline  
Old
11-08-2012, 02:53 PM
  #658
Bourne Endeavor
Moderator
HFBoards: Night's Watch
 
Bourne Endeavor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,792
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACC1224 View Post
You won't get both of them either.

You can have Connolly for free if you like.
I don't necessarily want both. What I want is the following:

Kadri
Connolly
First/Frattin/Finn/Blacker

Pick one and we have a deal, otherwise no Luongo.

Bourne Endeavor is offline  
Old
11-08-2012, 03:00 PM
  #659
Liferleafer
Blow it up!
 
Liferleafer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 11,090
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
I don't necessarily want both. What I want is the following:

Kadri
Connolly
First/Frattin/Finn/Blacker

Pick one and we have a deal, otherwise no Luongo.
Kadri,Connolly and Blacker.

Connolly won't be resigned here so essentially it is Kadri (i am ok with this) and Blacker.

Liferleafer is offline  
Old
11-08-2012, 03:04 PM
  #660
Vankiller Whale
Propaganda Minister
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,476
vCash: 1200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
I don't necessarily want both. What I want is the following:

Kadri
Connolly
First/Frattin/Finn/Blacker

Pick one and we have a deal, otherwise no Luongo.
Those 4 pieces have wildly different value. I'd do it if it were a 1st or Finn, not Blacker or Frattin.

Vankiller Whale is offline  
Old
11-08-2012, 03:07 PM
  #661
Seatoo
Never Stop Poasting
 
Seatoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: The Interior of BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,172
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
I don't necessarily want both. What I want is the following:

Kadri
Connolly
First/Frattin/Finn/Blacker

Pick one and we have a deal, otherwise no Luongo.
The problem is Kadri + Blacker are not even close to fair value for a goalie of Luongo's calibre and preferential contract situation.

Kadri
Blacker
Frattin
2014 first
^ is as low as I would go if I wa GMMG.

I group Connolly, Lombardi and Komiserek as the same, useless for us, all overpaid and 2/3 are injury prone the other is a pylon (We already have Alberts, thanks). Pass. Young players/Prospects is what we need more than the aforementioned pieces.

Seatoo is offline  
Old
11-08-2012, 03:07 PM
  #662
Liferleafer
Blow it up!
 
Liferleafer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 11,090
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Those 4 pieces have wildly different value. I'd do it if it were a 1st or Finn, not Blacker or Frattin.
Not pushing anything, but you are selling Frattin very short. He is what you guys have been saying you want, good hands...real physical and has a cannon of a shot.

Liferleafer is offline  
Old
11-08-2012, 03:08 PM
  #663
Scottrockztheworld*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,301
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
What gets me is how many people believe they know more about the Canucks than actual Canuck fans. The only team I have enough in-depth analysis about beyond Vancouver, is Montreal, because I keep up with both teams. Even when it comes to what our own GM says, apparently we just misheard him.
Yeah its CRAZY how well they know our team but don't know that our goalies were the biggest reason for our success last year. That despite the fact Luongo put up numbers in the 12-20 range for goalies that his performance down the stretch is a huge reason why we won that 2nd President's Trophy or that despite winning that 2nd President's Trophy that we were giving up quality chances that bottom 5 teams would be giving up.

Its also funny that every other fan base that is involved in this situation can listen to what their reporters, GM's ...etc are saying but when it comes to Vancouver we cant listen to what our reporters say, what Luongo himself is saying or even Gillis! Well unless its about Van fans expecting a lower return.... THEN thats when he is telling the truth.

Scottrockztheworld* is offline  
Old
11-08-2012, 03:09 PM
  #664
Liferleafer
Blow it up!
 
Liferleafer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 11,090
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seatoo View Post
Kadri
Blacker
Frattin
2014 first

I group Connolly, Lombardi and Komiserek as the same, useless for us, all overpaid and 2/3 are injury prone. Pass. Young players/Prospects is what we need more than the aforementioned pieces.
Tough to take on 5.3 and move next to nothing.

Liferleafer is offline  
Old
11-08-2012, 03:21 PM
  #665
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality
 
y2kcanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 48,085
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
Nope.

That would make it just Kadri and Frattin. Now we need something else and no, Lombardi is not going to cut it.
And neither would Tim Connolly. We actually want a good player in return for Luongo. How about Jake Gardiner.

__________________
http://www.vancitynitetours.com
y2kcanucks is offline  
Old
11-08-2012, 03:22 PM
  #666
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality
 
y2kcanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 48,085
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
Kadri,Connolly and Blacker.

Connolly won't be resigned here so essentially it is Kadri (i am ok with this) and Blacker.
Why would the Canucks trade an elite goalie for two questionable prospects and a cap dump? It makes zero sense from our perspective.

y2kcanucks is offline  
Old
11-08-2012, 03:23 PM
  #667
Liferleafer
Blow it up!
 
Liferleafer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 11,090
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
And neither would Tim Connolly. We actually want a good player in return for Luongo. How about Jake Gardiner.
Now Y2K....you know how this is gonna go.....nope.

Liferleafer is offline  
Old
11-08-2012, 03:24 PM
  #668
Liferleafer
Blow it up!
 
Liferleafer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 11,090
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
Why would the Canucks trade an elite goalie for two questionable prospects and a cap dump? It makes zero sense from our perspective.
I was responding to Bourne Endevour...guess you will have to ask him.

Liferleafer is offline  
Old
11-08-2012, 03:25 PM
  #669
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality
 
y2kcanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 48,085
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
Now Y2K....you know how this is gonna go.....nope.
Well if you won't give up anything of actual value for an elite goalie then don't bother asking for the elite goalie. We aren't going to just give him away. Mike Gillis isn't Darryl Sutter...he isn't interested in giving Toronto an elite player for a slew of crap.

y2kcanucks is offline  
Old
11-08-2012, 03:39 PM
  #670
Vankiller Whale
Propaganda Minister
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,476
vCash: 1200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
Not pushing anything, but you are selling Frattin very short. He is what you guys have been saying you want, good hands...real physical and has a cannon of a shot.
His upside isn't very high though. I've always said I'd want two pieces with a high ceiling, and Frattin and Blacker are not that.

Vankiller Whale is offline  
Old
11-08-2012, 03:43 PM
  #671
gabeliscious
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,886
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seatoo View Post
The problem is Kadri + Blacker are not even close to fair value for a goalie of Luongo's calibre and preferential contract situation.

Kadri
Blacker
Frattin
2014 first
^ is as low as I would go if I wa GMMG.

I group Connolly, Lombardi and Komiserek as the same, useless for us, all overpaid and 2/3 are injury prone the other is a pylon (We already have Alberts, thanks). Pass. Young players/Prospects is what we need more than the aforementioned pieces.
if thats what gillis is looking for then id say its not shocking that burke and him havent made a deal yet.

im not going to debate luongos contract and its pros and cons. im just goint to say that outside of vancouver there are people who feel that it is in fact not a preferential contract as you call it.

goalies have typically not pulled in substantial value in trades. i wont argue that luongo is probably better then the majority of goalies who have gotten traded but even so i dont see how every other goalie brings in a meh return but somehow luongo is going to bring in the moon and stars.

gabeliscious is offline  
Old
11-08-2012, 04:14 PM
  #672
Bourne Endeavor
Moderator
HFBoards: Night's Watch
 
Bourne Endeavor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,792
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Those 4 pieces have wildly different value. I'd do it if it were a 1st or Finn, not Blacker or Frattin.
Admittedly, Blacker is where I'd pause and not for a good reason, but Frattin and Finn would certainly be enticing enough to sub out the first. I suppose it depends on the conditions of that first though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
Why would the Canucks trade an elite goalie for two questionable prospects and a cap dump? It makes zero sense from our perspective.
We are not getting Gardiner for Luongo. For a variety of reasons that is a poor trade for Toronto. If Schneider is involved, then you have an argument, as he would solidify the Leafs goaltending for the next decade. Lu does no such thing, thus they are not going to give up assets like Gardiner.

Kadri may be questionable but he still has high upside. To offset the risks another highly rated prospect or a first is included. They balance each other out. Connolly may be a salary dump but he remains a good player and allows us to have an offensive top nine with at least one playmaker on each line.

Frankly, I would rather keep Luongo and deal Schneider if it gets Lupul, JVR or Grabovski into the discussion.


Last edited by Bourne Endeavor: 11-08-2012 at 04:21 PM.
Bourne Endeavor is offline  
Old
11-08-2012, 04:32 PM
  #673
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality
 
y2kcanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 48,085
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
Admittedly, Blacker is where I'd pause and not for a good reason, but Frattin and Finn would certainly be enticing enough to sub out the first. I suppose it depends on the conditions of that first though.



We are not getting Gardiner for Luongo. For a variety of reasons that is a poor trade for Toronto. If Schneider is involved, then you have an argument, as he would solidify the Leafs goaltending for the next decade. Lu does no such thing, thus they are not going to give up assets like Gardiner.

Kadri may be questionable but he still has high upside. To offset the risks another highly rated prospect or a first is included. They balance each other out. Connolly may be a salary dump but he remains a good player and allows us to have an offensive top nine with at least one playmaker on each line.

Frankly, I would rather keep Luongo and deal Schneider if it gets Lupul, JVR or Grabovski into the discussion.
Luongo is worth a hell of a lot more than Kadri, Connolly, Franson, etc. He is an elite goalie and should bring back assets that will actually make a positive impact in Vancouver, not a slew of garbage like what Calgary got back for Phaneuf that I'm sure they regret.

y2kcanucks is offline  
Old
11-08-2012, 04:38 PM
  #674
blankall
Registered User
 
blankall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 5,348
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seatoo View Post
The problem is Kadri + Blacker are not even close to fair value for a goalie of Luongo's calibre and preferential contract situation.
I don't think you understand what the word "preferential" means. I am 100% sure of the fact, that the Leafs would prefer Luongo on a much shorter contract.

blankall is offline  
Old
11-08-2012, 04:41 PM
  #675
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality
 
y2kcanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 48,085
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
I don't think you understand what the word "preferential" means. I am 100% sure of the fact, that the Leafs would prefer Luongo on a much shorter contract.
A much shorter contract would also come with a much higher cap hit. You understand that right? Would you prefer Luongo with 4 or 5 years remaining on his contract but a $7.5M cap hit?

y2kcanucks is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:44 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.