HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

The All Purpose Lu Thread (MOD WARNING IN OP)

Closed Thread

Old
11-08-2012, 02:24 PM
Scottrockztheworld*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reign Nateo View Post
This thread is like a time warp... Same discussions since April...
Yup same discussion, same arguments, same misconceptions. Add to that the fact there is no CBA in place & you wonder why its still going on.

Old
11-08-2012, 02:27 PM
Shawnathon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagine17 View Post
Yup same discussion, same arguments, same misconceptions. Add to that the fact there is no CBA in place & you wonder why its still going on.
Yet you still always come to comment.

Old
11-08-2012, 02:30 PM
ACC1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
Since a number dislike the first's inclusion. That leaves three options I would sub it out. They are: Frattin, Finn and possibly Blacker.

I suspect that will be equally unfavorable but we need something of value here. Colburne/Ashton are fringe prospects, a second isn't worth it and we have no more spots left for roster players after adding Connolly and Kadri.

So which do you value more, one of those prospects (and if I were to choose, Frattin) or your first?
Remove Connolly.

Old
11-08-2012, 02:37 PM
Scottrockztheworld*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnathon View Post
Yet you still always come to comment.
I'm not speculating on trades, how the CBA will play out or anything like that. Its usually about people's misconceptions about Luongo's willingness to play in Vancouver. If posters actually read quotes from the Province that I quoted then maybe I wouldn't have to do so.

Old
11-08-2012, 02:40 PM
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACC1224 View Post
Remove Connolly.
Nope.

That would make it just Kadri and Frattin. Now we need something else and no, Lombardi is not going to cut it.

Old
11-08-2012, 02:43 PM
Bourne Endeavor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagine17 View Post
I'm not speculating on trades, how the CBA will play out or anything like that. Its usually about people's misconceptions about Luongo's willingness to play in Vancouver. If posters actually read quotes from the Province that I quoted then maybe I wouldn't have to do so.
What gets me is how many people believe they know more about the Canucks than actual Canuck fans. The only team I have enough in-depth analysis about beyond Vancouver, is Montreal, because I keep up with both teams. Even when it comes to what our own GM says, apparently we just misheard him.

Old
11-08-2012, 02:46 PM
ACC1224

Quote:
Nope.

That would make it just Kadri and Frattin. Now we need something else and no, Lombardi is not going to cut it.
You won't get both of them either.

You can have Connolly for free if you like.

Old
11-08-2012, 02:53 PM
Bourne Endeavor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACC1224 View Post
You won't get both of them either.

You can have Connolly for free if you like.
I don't necessarily want both. What I want is the following:

Kadri
Connolly
First/Frattin/Finn/Blacker

Pick one and we have a deal, otherwise no Luongo.

Old
11-08-2012, 03:00 PM
Liferleafer
Blow it up!

Quote:

Kadri
Connolly

Kadri,Connolly and Blacker.

Connolly won't be resigned here so essentially it is Kadri (i am ok with this) and Blacker.

Old
11-08-2012, 03:04 PM
Vankiller Whale
Propaganda Minister

vCash: 1200
Quote:

Kadri
Connolly

Those 4 pieces have wildly different value. I'd do it if it were a 1st or Finn, not Blacker or Frattin.

Old
11-08-2012, 03:07 PM
Seatoo
Never Stop Poasting

Quote:

Kadri
Connolly

The problem is Kadri + Blacker are not even close to fair value for a goalie of Luongo's calibre and preferential contract situation.

Kadri
Blacker
Frattin
2014 first
^ is as low as I would go if I wa GMMG.

I group Connolly, Lombardi and Komiserek as the same, useless for us, all overpaid and 2/3 are injury prone the other is a pylon (We already have Alberts, thanks). Pass. Young players/Prospects is what we need more than the aforementioned pieces.

Old
11-08-2012, 03:07 PM
Liferleafer
Blow it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Those 4 pieces have wildly different value. I'd do it if it were a 1st or Finn, not Blacker or Frattin.
Not pushing anything, but you are selling Frattin very short. He is what you guys have been saying you want, good hands...real physical and has a cannon of a shot.

Old
11-08-2012, 03:08 PM
Scottrockztheworld*

Quote:
What gets me is how many people believe they know more about the Canucks than actual Canuck fans. The only team I have enough in-depth analysis about beyond Vancouver, is Montreal, because I keep up with both teams. Even when it comes to what our own GM says, apparently we just misheard him.
Yeah its CRAZY how well they know our team but don't know that our goalies were the biggest reason for our success last year. That despite the fact Luongo put up numbers in the 12-20 range for goalies that his performance down the stretch is a huge reason why we won that 2nd President's Trophy or that despite winning that 2nd President's Trophy that we were giving up quality chances that bottom 5 teams would be giving up.

Its also funny that every other fan base that is involved in this situation can listen to what their reporters, GM's ...etc are saying but when it comes to Vancouver we cant listen to what our reporters say, what Luongo himself is saying or even Gillis! Well unless its about Van fans expecting a lower return.... THEN thats when he is telling the truth.

Old
11-08-2012, 03:09 PM
Liferleafer
Blow it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seatoo View Post
Kadri
Blacker
Frattin
2014 first

I group Connolly, Lombardi and Komiserek as the same, useless for us, all overpaid and 2/3 are injury prone. Pass. Young players/Prospects is what we need more than the aforementioned pieces.
Tough to take on 5.3 and move next to nothing.

Old
11-08-2012, 03:21 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Nope.

And neither would Tim Connolly. We actually want a good player in return for Luongo. How about Jake Gardiner.

11-08-2012, 03:22 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
Kadri,Connolly and Blacker.

Connolly won't be resigned here so essentially it is Kadri (i am ok with this) and Blacker.
Why would the Canucks trade an elite goalie for two questionable prospects and a cap dump? It makes zero sense from our perspective.

Old
11-08-2012, 03:23 PM
Liferleafer
Blow it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
And neither would Tim Connolly. We actually want a good player in return for Luongo. How about Jake Gardiner.
Now Y2K....you know how this is gonna go.....nope.

Old
11-08-2012, 03:24 PM
Liferleafer
Blow it up!

Quote:
Why would the Canucks trade an elite goalie for two questionable prospects and a cap dump? It makes zero sense from our perspective.
I was responding to Bourne Endevour...guess you will have to ask him.

Old
11-08-2012, 03:25 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Quote:
Now Y2K....you know how this is gonna go.....nope.
Well if you won't give up anything of actual value for an elite goalie then don't bother asking for the elite goalie. We aren't going to just give him away. Mike Gillis isn't Darryl Sutter...he isn't interested in giving Toronto an elite player for a slew of crap.

Old
11-08-2012, 03:39 PM
Vankiller Whale
Propaganda Minister

vCash: 1200
Quote:
Not pushing anything, but you are selling Frattin very short. He is what you guys have been saying you want, good hands...real physical and has a cannon of a shot.
His upside isn't very high though. I've always said I'd want two pieces with a high ceiling, and Frattin and Blacker are not that.

Old
11-08-2012, 03:43 PM
gabeliscious

Quote:
The problem is Kadri + Blacker are not even close to fair value for a goalie of Luongo's calibre and preferential contract situation.

Kadri
Blacker
Frattin
2014 first
^ is as low as I would go if I wa GMMG.

I group Connolly, Lombardi and Komiserek as the same, useless for us, all overpaid and 2/3 are injury prone the other is a pylon (We already have Alberts, thanks). Pass. Young players/Prospects is what we need more than the aforementioned pieces.
if thats what gillis is looking for then id say its not shocking that burke and him havent made a deal yet.

im not going to debate luongos contract and its pros and cons. im just goint to say that outside of vancouver there are people who feel that it is in fact not a preferential contract as you call it.

goalies have typically not pulled in substantial value in trades. i wont argue that luongo is probably better then the majority of goalies who have gotten traded but even so i dont see how every other goalie brings in a meh return but somehow luongo is going to bring in the moon and stars.

Old
11-08-2012, 04:14 PM
Bourne Endeavor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Admittedly, Blacker is where I'd pause and not for a good reason, but Frattin and Finn would certainly be enticing enough to sub out the first. I suppose it depends on the conditions of that first though.

Quote:
We are not getting Gardiner for Luongo. For a variety of reasons that is a poor trade for Toronto. If Schneider is involved, then you have an argument, as he would solidify the Leafs goaltending for the next decade. Lu does no such thing, thus they are not going to give up assets like Gardiner.

Kadri may be questionable but he still has high upside. To offset the risks another highly rated prospect or a first is included. They balance each other out. Connolly may be a salary dump but he remains a good player and allows us to have an offensive top nine with at least one playmaker on each line.

Frankly, I would rather keep Luongo and deal Schneider if it gets Lupul, JVR or Grabovski into the discussion.

Last edited by Bourne Endeavor: 11-08-2012 at 04:21 PM.
Old
11-08-2012, 04:32 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Quote:
Admittedly, Blacker is where I'd pause and not for a good reason, but Frattin and Finn would certainly be enticing enough to sub out the first. I suppose it depends on the conditions of that first though.

We are not getting Gardiner for Luongo. For a variety of reasons that is a poor trade for Toronto. If Schneider is involved, then you have an argument, as he would solidify the Leafs goaltending for the next decade. Lu does no such thing, thus they are not going to give up assets like Gardiner.

Kadri may be questionable but he still has high upside. To offset the risks another highly rated prospect or a first is included. They balance each other out. Connolly may be a salary dump but he remains a good player and allows us to have an offensive top nine with at least one playmaker on each line.

Frankly, I would rather keep Luongo and deal Schneider if it gets Lupul, JVR or Grabovski into the discussion.
Luongo is worth a hell of a lot more than Kadri, Connolly, Franson, etc. He is an elite goalie and should bring back assets that will actually make a positive impact in Vancouver, not a slew of garbage like what Calgary got back for Phaneuf that I'm sure they regret.

Old
11-08-2012, 04:38 PM
blankall

Quote:
I don't think you understand what the word "preferential" means. I am 100% sure of the fact, that the Leafs would prefer Luongo on a much shorter contract.

Old
11-08-2012, 04:41 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
I don't think you understand what the word "preferential" means. I am 100% sure of the fact, that the Leafs would prefer Luongo on a much shorter contract.
A much shorter contract would also come with a much higher cap hit. You understand that right? Would you prefer Luongo with 4 or 5 years remaining on his contract but a $7.5M cap hit?

Closed Thread