Old
11-12-2012, 12:28 PM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

vCash: 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDoezIt View Post
Black Ops 2 comes out midnight tonight!

I hope i get a majority of this paper done by tonight before black ops 2 destroys school and social life

Plus i still got 2 20+min presentations i gotta work on before the end of the semester. Almost done with one though. AND i have to make up 16 1 page journals about current events .... Not to mention all the little hw assignments and the exams left in the semester before the finals start...

I know how you fell. I've got a 15 page paper to type up along with a 350 page book I need to read as well as doing a 5 page reaction paper on it all within the next 2 weeks. Gonna be hard since I'll be tempted to play BO2 the whole time.

Old
11-12-2012, 12:34 PM
Dee Oh Cee

vCash: 500
I can't say everything has gone perfectly after graduation but I can say that I'm glad to be done with school.

Old
11-12-2012, 12:49 PM
Jaykay
Kuemperpedic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee Oh Cee View Post
I can't say everything has gone perfectly after graduation but I can say that I'm glad to be done with school.
Agreed

Old
11-12-2012, 01:15 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Big win in Ball Hockey last night..

To make the playoffs we need to win against the team ahead of us who are playing their last game... If we beat them they're out, we lose we're out.

If we win we'll need some help, and well have to win our last game.

Old
11-12-2012, 01:29 PM
Randy BoBandy
Cheeseburger Party

So I am currently going for a Econ & Stat double major. How beneficial do you really think a Stat major is. I hate my Stat classes at this point and I'm just trying to get through it but now that I'm just about done with school (done in the spring) I have been wondering how much it really is worth it. Was it worth a whole extra year of school to finish up these stat classes or should I just have got out in 4 years with my econ major alone.

Old
11-12-2012, 02:15 PM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patp14 View Post
So I am currently going for a Econ & Stat double major. How beneficial do you really think a Stat major is. I hate my Stat classes at this point and I'm just trying to get through it but now that I'm just about done with school (done in the spring) I have been wondering how much it really is worth it. Was it worth a whole extra year of school to finish up these stat classes or should I just have got out in 4 years with my econ major alone.
Depends upon what you want to do with your degree. There's a lot of things where having proof of your stats knowledge helps tremendously.

Old
11-12-2012, 08:43 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

I think there's stats with people with that extra degree actually earn 1M$ more over a lifetime than those who don't have it.

Old
11-12-2012, 11:00 PM
Avder
Global Moderator
Total Embarrassment

vCash: 50
I would really like to see those stats.

Old
11-12-2012, 11:43 PM
Generic User
Generic Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avder View Post
I would really like to see those stats.
Here go

Just a start.

Old
11-13-2012, 08:05 AM
mikko1995

Anyone here have any experience on searing knee pain? It's starting to get annoying for me; most of the time I can walk without any pain, but getting up the stairs and running, especially turning on a dime while running is pretty painful, also sometimes when I'm sitting or laying on my bed the knee just suddenly starts hurting; I'm suspecting it is knee bursitis, but knowing that I play floorball, which can be a ***** for your knees I can't be too sure.

Old
11-13-2012, 08:50 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Yep, folks were nice enough to order an extra phone for Christmas.

I've barely spent any money the last several weeks. Still going to be tight through the end of the year. As of now I don't have any money for Christmas presents, but I'm hoping some stuff sells on eBay to generate some cash.

Old
11-13-2012, 09:59 AM
bozak911
Ignoring Idiots

Anyone here have any experience turning old iPhones into an iPod Touch?

Old
11-13-2012, 10:44 AM
Puhis
@Puhis46

Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikko1995 View Post
Anyone here have any experience on searing knee pain? It's starting to get annoying for me; most of the time I can walk without any pain, but getting up the stairs and running, especially turning on a dime while running is pretty painful, also sometimes when I'm sitting or laying on my bed the knee just suddenly starts hurting; I'm suspecting it is knee bursitis, but knowing that I play floorball, which can be a ***** for your knees I can't be too sure.
Sounds like it's your joints. [Finnish] Kuulostaa nivelkivulta. Kokeile kuumia hauteita/kuumapusseja ennen sählyä/lenkkejä ja kylmäpusseja lenkin jälkeen. Omalla kohdalla ainakin auttanut. [/Finnish]

Old
11-13-2012, 01:03 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Just completed TWO background checks for a job app. Interesting they are requesting that BEFORE an on-site interview. Probably a good idea to weed out the crazies.

Old
11-13-2012, 01:04 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

I don't have knee pain (currently) but I've got some plantar fasciitis. Started a couple months ago. Sucks.

Old
11-13-2012, 01:13 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Just completed TWO background checks for a job app. Interesting they are requesting that BEFORE an on-site interview. Probably a good idea to weed out the crazies.
What type of job ?

Old
11-13-2012, 01:55 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
What type of job ?
Treasury analyst.

I've got two ongoing job applications out there:

- A little smaller company, more laid back, lots of data analysis (using my brain and skills), more challenging, but a chance I could fall on my face if the work doesn't suit me.

- A big HR company, fast paced, more traditional work, less challenging, many more opportunities for job/salary growth.

Not like I have the choice right now as I haven't been offered anything, but basically do something more interesting vs do something more financially rewarding.

Old
11-13-2012, 04:22 PM
Avder
Global Moderator
Total Embarrassment

Quote:
Treasury analyst.

- A little smaller company, more laid back, lots of data analysis (using my brain and skills), more challenging, but a chance I could fall on my face if the work doesn't suit me.

- A big HR company, fast paced, more traditional work, less challenging, many more opportunities for job/salary growth.

Not like I have the choice right now as I haven't been offered anything, but basically do something more interesting vs do something more financially rewarding.
That explains it. That sounds like sensitive work, so I'm honestly surprised they are not looking even more closely at you.

Old
11-13-2012, 04:28 PM
Avder
Global Moderator
Total Embarrassment

Also, anyone have experience with Tweetdeck? I'm in the process of changing instant messaging programs from digsby to either pidgin or trillian 5, and if I go pidgin it looks like I need a separate program for twitter. Was wondering how many people here have used it and how easy they find it.

Old
11-13-2012, 04:31 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

I use Chrome + Silver Bird.

Old
11-13-2012, 04:43 PM
Puhis
@Puhis46

Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
Quote:
Treasury analyst.

Go for the smaller company, they'll notice your work better and challenges are always good for getting more XP.

But yeah, I'd prefer the small company. In case they ever manage to grow bigger, you'll automatically have a higher position once they start bringing new guys in.

Old
11-13-2012, 05:01 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Well it's not as small as my current company, seven years and not a single promotion (yet) or room for advancement. The work seems more interesting too, data analysis looking at sales and costs, the guy who would be my boss was really interesting, from the UK.

The other company though...it's a big HR firm and that means security and steady gains. My girlfriend makes my income but started at half as much money and gets a promotion every 18-24 months. That would mean I could actually get out of debt. But you put up with the corporate BS. Of course the benefits might be better too.

Small company is off Snelling and 694 which would suck for me...I live on Snelling but south of 94. Other company is off 494 and 35E which is closer to me and to my kid's school.

But I wouldn't be surprised if I didn't get an offer from either as it's just so competitive out there. I've had to drop my salary requests by $5k and that's even limited me with some jobs (no thanks to taking a pay cut...).

Old
11-13-2012, 05:29 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikko1995 View Post
NOT A DOCTOR but if it hurts when you're cutting it might be a ligament strain. Very least ice it down and if it keeps hurting see a real doctor and not someone on the internet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avder View Post
Also, anyone have experience with Tweetdeck? I'm in the process of changing instant messaging programs from digsby to either pidgin or trillian 5, and if I go pidgin it looks like I need a separate program for twitter. Was wondering how many people here have used it and how easy they find it.
Like Tweetdeck a lot for desktop, not as much for mobile.

"Will beats skill when skill doesn't have enough will."
-Doug Woog
1974 1976 1979 2002 2003 2014?
Old
11-13-2012, 06:14 PM
Victorious Secret
Eyebrows Defcon 1

OT needs to be more OT.

Old
11-13-2012, 06:21 PM
Avder
Global Moderator
Total Embarrassment

for mobile it doesn't even matter at this point, as my phone is just a crappy old flipphone I got from the GF so I could call and text people as needed.

Eventually I'll probably get a smart phone. When I find one that meets all of my considerable needs for something like that, and is in the form factor that I want, and.. yadda yadda. I'll deal with twitter on a smart phone when I actually have a smart phone.

Closed Thread