HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

General OT Thread #23: It's Not Even Fehr

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-24-2012, 10:00 PM
  #801
Victorious Secret
Eyebrows Defcon 1
 
Victorious Secret's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Arkansas
Country: Ireland
Posts: 11,984
vCash: 500
Oh no. Not completely. I always pick oddball times or make sure I'm going during a popular local event. I hate people.

Victorious Secret is offline  
Old
11-24-2012, 10:01 PM
  #802
Jacques The Mayor
Registered User
 
Jacques The Mayor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: wastings mn
Country: United States
Posts: 590
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avder View Post
Must be a terrible movie if its only been out 6 weeks and no one is seeing it.
Key word "keanu" its a variation of a zach galifianakis quote.

Jacques The Mayor is online now  
Old
11-24-2012, 10:05 PM
  #803
Puhis
@Puhis46
 
Puhis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Espoo, Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 9,366
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victorious Secret View Post
Oh no. Not completely. I always pick oddball times or make sure I'm going during a popular local event. I hate people.
I know what you mean but mate, you sounded really sociopathic for a second there.

I'm bored. I've been getting better, even went for a smoke this evening to calm myself down. Wasn't really a good idea, as I still get coughing fits on regular basis. Should've bought some menthol smokes when I was out last time feeling slightly ill. Oh well.

I'm pondering whether I should play something, like NHL 13 or just go to sleep. Or continue browsing HF and internet aimlessly for another three hours.

Puhis is offline  
Old
11-24-2012, 10:11 PM
  #804
Victorious Secret
Eyebrows Defcon 1
 
Victorious Secret's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Arkansas
Country: Ireland
Posts: 11,984
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puhis View Post
I know what you mean but mate, you sounded really sociopathic for a second there.
Yup. I hate people. More than the normal extent. I always have a knife or knives on me. People that try to pick on me don't know what they are messing with. 3 Mexicans tried getting at me after a movie one night here. They were walking towards me and pulled a switchblade. Asked him if I could tie my shoe first, he says yes. Pull out my 13" combat knife from the ankle. Nothing happened. They said I'd be seeing them. I have not seen them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puhis
I'm pondering whether I should play something, like NHL 13 or just go to sleep. Or continue browsing HF and internet aimlessly for another three hours.
NHL13 AND HF. If I can do it, so can you.

Victorious Secret is offline  
Old
11-24-2012, 10:16 PM
  #805
Puhis
@Puhis46
 
Puhis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Espoo, Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 9,366
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victorious Secret View Post
Yup. I hate people. More than the normal extent. I always have a knife or knives on me. People that try to pick on me don't know what they are messing with. 3 Mexicans tried getting at me after a movie one night here. They were walking towards me and pulled a switchblade. Asked him if I could tie my shoe first, he says yes. Pull out my 13" combat knife from the ankle. Nothing happened. They said I'd be seeing them. I have not seen them.
At first I thought you were trying to imitate me, before I realized you were simply being sarcastic.

Well done.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Victorious Secret View Post
NHL13 AND HF. If I can do it, so can you.
Using the same TV/monitor for PS3 and PC make that combination impossible, unfortunately. It's the one reason I miss having a laptop, because Be A GM is very boring if you can't do something else at the same time.

It's a shame you have an X360, otherwise we could play Online VS.



EDIT: Why did you change my nickname in the quote? Just wondering.

Puhis is offline  
Old
11-24-2012, 10:17 PM
  #806
Generic User
Moderator
Generic Moderator
 
Generic User's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Twin Cities
Country: United States
Posts: 7,341
vCash: 500
You can slit a bunch of froats with a 13'' combat knife. But that was classy of them to let you get your shoe lace situation up to par before a parking lot knife fight.

Generic User is offline  
Old
11-24-2012, 10:19 PM
  #807
Victorious Secret
Eyebrows Defcon 1
 
Victorious Secret's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Arkansas
Country: Ireland
Posts: 11,984
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxwell Goldshadow View Post
At first I thought you were trying to imitate me, before I realized you were simply being sarcastic.

Well done.





Using the same TV/monitor for PS3 and PC make that combination impossible, unfortunately. It's the one reason I miss having a laptop, because Be A GM is very boring if you can't do something else at the same time.

It's a shame you have an X360, otherwise we could play Online VS.



EDIT: Why did you change my nickname in the quote? Just wondering.
I didn't change your name. Thats who you are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Generic User View Post
You can slit a bunch of froats with a 13'' combat knife. But that was classy of them to let you get your shoe lace situation up to par before a parking lot knife fight.
It was 1 in the morning. Its an outside mall. I had a large buffer zone anyways. I didn't have to ask, but I was being polite. I like knives. I have a small collection.

Victorious Secret is offline  
Old
11-24-2012, 10:21 PM
  #808
Minnesota
Global Moderator
L'Étoile du Nord
 
Minnesota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 16,874
vCash: 1100


No, kitty, those are my fruity loops!

Minnesota is offline  
Old
11-24-2012, 10:21 PM
  #809
Generic User
Moderator
Generic Moderator
 
Generic User's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Twin Cities
Country: United States
Posts: 7,341
vCash: 500
I'm a grenade fan myself. And trip wire.

Edit: LOLing at the ninja edit.

Generic User is offline  
Old
11-24-2012, 10:23 PM
  #810
Puhis
@Puhis46
 
Puhis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Espoo, Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 9,366
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
I would join this discussion if the Finnish police wouldn't be already monitoring my account.

Puhis is offline  
Old
11-24-2012, 10:26 PM
  #811
Generic User
Moderator
Generic Moderator
 
Generic User's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Twin Cities
Country: United States
Posts: 7,341
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxwell Goldshadow View Post
I would join this discussion if the Finnish police wouldn't be already monitoring my account.
Don't worry. They probably already know about your gun fascination

Generic User is offline  
Old
11-24-2012, 10:32 PM
  #812
Puhis
@Puhis46
 
Puhis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Espoo, Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 9,366
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Generic User View Post
Don't worry. They probably already know about your gun fascination
If you're referring to that post, I've been questioned about it.

Apparently, they don't have a sense of humor.

Puhis is offline  
Old
11-24-2012, 10:35 PM
  #813
Victorious Secret
Eyebrows Defcon 1
 
Victorious Secret's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Arkansas
Country: Ireland
Posts: 11,984
vCash: 500
They are seriously monitoring your account?

Victorious Secret is offline  
Old
11-24-2012, 11:12 PM
  #814
Puhis
@Puhis46
 
Puhis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Espoo, Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 9,366
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victorious Secret View Post
They are seriously monitoring your account?
Oh ****, I haven't told it here, have I?

Well, long story short, I spent 9 days in jail in September for "illegal threats". Basically, a misunderstanding that got huge proportions and ended up with my room on the campus being raided, PC and laptop evicted and so on. The reason I couldn't mention it back then was because the investigation was still going and I only got to leave after I promised to keep quiet about any reasons of what I was in remand for.

I guess it's safe to mention it now that I haven't heard of the case in two months. I did also get my PC and laptop back later but during my time there, they had a couple of questions related to my activity on FB (nothing big, just some questions related to some comments) and they also mentioned that "somebody mentioned you had made a threatening post involving guns on an English-language forum, I think HF or something". I showed them the original from their computer and explained it was simply a joke (as that's what it was).

So, yeah. The big brother's watching, I guess.

Puhis is offline  
Old
11-24-2012, 11:17 PM
  #815
Victorious Secret
Eyebrows Defcon 1
 
Victorious Secret's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Arkansas
Country: Ireland
Posts: 11,984
vCash: 500
Holy crap. Thats messed up. Finnish police take their job seriously over there.

Victorious Secret is offline  
Old
11-24-2012, 11:30 PM
  #816
Avder
Global Moderator
Michael Bay Mode GO!
 
Avder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Location: Location.
Country: United States
Posts: 34,118
vCash: 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxwell Goldshadow View Post
I know what you mean but mate, you sounded really sociopathic for a second there.

I'm bored. I've been getting better, even went for a smoke this evening to calm myself down. Wasn't really a good idea, as I still get coughing fits on regular basis. Should've bought some menthol smokes when I was out last time feeling slightly ill. Oh well.

I'm pondering whether I should play something, like NHL 13 or just go to sleep. Or continue browsing HF and internet aimlessly for another three hours.
Download a free FPS or something.

Or play a game that you already have that you have not played in years, or ever finished.

I just finished Unreal and it's expansion "Return to Na Pali". Fun game. Amazingly fun weapons. I need to decide what I want to play now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxwell Goldshadow View Post
Oh ****, I haven't told it here, have I?

Well, long story short, I spent 9 days in jail in September for "illegal threats". Basically, a misunderstanding that got huge proportions and ended up with my room on the campus being raided, PC and laptop evicted and so on. The reason I couldn't mention it back then was because the investigation was still going and I only got to leave after I promised to keep quiet about any reasons of what I was in remand for.

I guess it's safe to mention it now that I haven't heard of the case in two months. I did also get my PC and laptop back later but during my time there, they had a couple of questions related to my activity on FB (nothing big, just some questions related to some comments) and they also mentioned that "somebody mentioned you had made a threatening post involving guns on an English-language forum, I think HF or something". I showed them the original from their computer and explained it was simply a joke (as that's what it was).

So, yeah. The big brother's watching, I guess.
You probably have big brother type spywares on your comp. Those are the kinds that the antivirus and malware detector do not pick up, ever.

Avder is offline  
Old
11-24-2012, 11:49 PM
  #817
Puhis
@Puhis46
 
Puhis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Espoo, Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 9,366
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avder View Post
You probably have big brother type spywares on your comp. Those are the kinds that the antivirus and malware detector do not pick up, ever.
Thankfully, I also have Peerblock.

And considering that they actually took my PC and laptop, I wouldn't be surprised to actually find some of those on my PC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victorious Secret
Holy crap. Thats messed up. Finnish police take their job seriously over there.
Well, as it was reported as a "school threat", and since it's a subject that the police simply have to be careful about, I don't really blame them.

As of why it took 9 days to release me, well, they had to hear everyone involved. Everyone, in this case, meant around 20-30 people. The funny part is that there were 4 people in addition of me in the original conversation, it was 2am, the location was a local bar and one guy simply heard/understood me wrong. He reported it it to someone who was either a teacher or otherwise part of the staff (I don't know exactly who). Neither of them were unsure of how to proceed (but agreed to keep it down and ask me about it), so they asked someone in the administration as to how they should proceed. And in turn, that person reported the case to the police since he/she hadn't heard the full story, obviously, only the outline.

One of the main reasons, or so I heard later, was also that I wasn't seen at school the next day. Well... no ****, since we were out drinking the night before and I've had "a few", so to speak.

It's quite funny to look back now, but back then, sitting in that small room made entirely out of cement with nothing to do but read the same book again or smoke another cigarette out of the few I had with no clock or news at hand... It ****ing sucked.


TL;DR: Misunderstanding and miscommunication put me to jail.

Puhis is offline  
Old
11-24-2012, 11:58 PM
  #818
Avder
Global Moderator
Michael Bay Mode GO!
 
Avder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Location: Location.
Country: United States
Posts: 34,118
vCash: 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxwell Goldshadow View Post
Thankfully, I also have Peerblock.

And considering that they actually took my PC and laptop, I wouldn't be surprised to actually find some of those on my PC.
Yeah peerblock wont do ****.

If I were in your position, I would reformat. Not simply re-install, but wipe the drive entirely and then reinstall.

Avder is offline  
Old
11-25-2012, 12:11 AM
  #819
Puhis
@Puhis46
 
Puhis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Espoo, Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 9,366
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avder View Post
Yeah peerblock wont do ****.

If I were in your position, I would reformat. Not simply re-install, but wipe the drive entirely and then reinstall.
Yeah, I thought about it but seeing nothing had changed, I decided not to.

I don't really have anything to be worried about. They checked my PC for "threatening material" (plans, writings, such) and they didn't find any, probably because I didn't have any.

I don't think they give a rat's arse about one or two game downloads or some porn.

Puhis is offline  
Old
11-25-2012, 12:26 AM
  #820
Victorious Secret
Eyebrows Defcon 1
 
Victorious Secret's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Arkansas
Country: Ireland
Posts: 11,984
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxwell Goldshadow View Post
It's quite funny to look back now, but back then, sitting in that small room made entirely out of cement with nothing to do but read the same book again or smoke another cigarette out of the few I had with no clock or news at hand... It ****ing sucked.
Sounds like solitary confinement. Lucky you.

Victorious Secret is offline  
Old
11-25-2012, 12:36 AM
  #821
Victorious Secret
Eyebrows Defcon 1
 
Victorious Secret's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Arkansas
Country: Ireland
Posts: 11,984
vCash: 500
Btw, here is a funny video to cheer you up.



Victorious Secret is offline  
Old
11-25-2012, 12:46 AM
  #822
Puhis
@Puhis46
 
Puhis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Espoo, Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 9,366
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victorious Secret View Post
Btw, here is a funny video to cheer you up.


"Click this bar to view the full image" gave it away immediately.

Puhis is offline  
Old
11-25-2012, 12:49 AM
  #823
Avder
Global Moderator
Michael Bay Mode GO!
 
Avder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Location: Location.
Country: United States
Posts: 34,118
vCash: 405
the 6:66 running time is a nice touch.

And for me its the principle of the thing. If its my machine, it should be MY machine.

And even if you do not see anything does not mean its not there. Its probably installed as a rootkit.

Avder is offline  
Old
11-25-2012, 12:56 AM
  #824
Puhis
@Puhis46
 
Puhis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Espoo, Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 9,366
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avder View Post
the 6:66 running time is a nice touch.

And for me its the principle of the thing. If its my machine, it should be MY machine.

And even if you do not see anything does not mean its not there. Its probably installed as a rootkit.
Well, I did restore both computers after getting them back to a date before they had touched 'em.

Otherwise, I'm pretty comfortable. I like to keep my principles, too, and I don't think anyone would really monitor me 24/7. They probably just have my various usernames on different boards as well as FB account under some sort of loose surveillance, whatever that is.

Puhis is offline  
Old
11-25-2012, 01:13 AM
  #825
Avder
Global Moderator
Michael Bay Mode GO!
 
Avder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Location: Location.
Country: United States
Posts: 34,118
vCash: 405
Yeah... restore point would not get rid of a root kit.

Avder is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:18 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.