HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > The Lounge
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Lounge "...Where the parking lot of the Igloo meets the concourse of the Nassau County Coliseum and the bathroom line of the Skyreach..." - Wickedbsfan

Therapy Session: Strange dreaming/nightmare/terrible/whatever patterns..

Old
10-30-2012, 10:50 AM
ihaveyuidonttouchme

vCash: 50
Therapy Session: Strange dreaming/nightmare/terrible/whatever patterns..

Eh, i know this thread is gonna turn into another trash can thread, but i need to tell it to someone...or something..

Just now, i just woke up from another dream that seems to have some sort of pattern where i either keep dying for some ****ed up reason or become paralyzed and felt so real that i remember it clearly well or i run like hell from something and i get lost/separated . Of course i have other types of dreams, but, there aren't good enough to worth remembering it and i'd forgotten it by the time i wake up.

ps, i am terrible at grammar so be warned
pps, these dreams I'm about to tell u, it really happened. i never made any stuff up(if i did, i'd tell every single detail of day, time, what items, where etc...)

Today, i was sleeping just like normal, and when i woke up, i see myself on the ceiling, like a mirror on it. There from the mirror, i see another figure/person was on top of me with a knife and tries to stab me. I fend it off but i'm not sure what happened after that. I woke up from it(as i fell off) and told myself, "damn it, not another these types of dream."

i checked up my clock time and it was "7:10am" and i started to go back to sleep on the edge of the bed so if that happens again, i'd just let myself fall and wake from it. I went back to bed, and voila, this figure is back at me again. I fend his strike on me and i fell down once again where i really woke up for real. I was planning to go back to sleep, since i know i'm going to get this dream again, i didn't.

The weird part was, i never fell down. I checked the time again and it was 7:20am. It was only 10min of sleep and it seemed far too long....did i really woke up at 7:10am or it was just part of the dream? i dont know..

Another dream i had similar pattern was a couple of weeks ago: i was back in the time during ww2(i didn't watch any ww2 docs previously).
Apparently, (i think i was in the Eastern theatre), we started to charge at the tiger tank or panther what it seemed impossible because everywhere i look, they all dies.

Even though i know i'm going to die anyway, i just charged at it. Unfortunately, i got shot to the neck from its machine guns. The bullet penetrating my neck felt so real as a very large needle just poking real deep in an instant. I became paralyzed (yet again from my other dreams) and just laid there. i cant breath and the last moment of dying or where i was about to pass out, i woke up from it.

I was going to type more paralyzing moments but the thread is getting too long and depressing, so blehhhhh.

Most of my other dreams that i don't become paralyze or dying, usually stuff that i'm trying to run away from something and i seem to get lost like every single time...

God i hate these types of dreams. Why cant i have some happy ending dreams...

I'm not sure what kind of response i'll get, (most likely stuff to make fun at me/tl;dr/u suck at writing/get a life/u made this stuff up/i like juzmo/cool story bro!!!!!!!!!!!)

What would a therapist would say?
Let's hear your dreaming patterns?

ihaveyuidonttouchme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2012, 11:36 AM
r1234

vCash: 500
I read somewhere that the purpose of dreams is to prepare you for some situations you might face in your life. Basically, dreams are like a training simulator where you can practice how to react in different situations.

Assuming this theory is right, the goal of your nightmares is to prepare you if you have to face someone with a knife or decide to charge some tanks. Obviously, none of these situations are likely to occur, but for some reason, your brain thinks they might happen and is trying to prepare you for them.

r1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2012, 12:12 PM
ihaveyuidonttouchme

@deytookerjaabs: hm, it's quite possible that might be the reason.

@r1234 that's pretty interesting thought i'd never thought about.

i like cats/kittens

ihaveyuidonttouchme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2012, 12:22 PM
Frozen Fiend
DOUBLE D

Exercising makes me sleep like a baby kitten, idk if that will help with your dreams though.

Try to think about something else before sleeping. I always read before I go to sleep (reading will also help your grammar! ).

Frozen Fiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2012, 07:24 PM
octopi

vCash: 703
If i'm having nightmares I will get up otherwise I usually just fall back into the nightmare.

I rarely have nightmare, so it's not a big deal.

octopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2012, 07:33 PM
Juzmo
rip

vCash: 6969
Been having all kinds of weird dreams in the last 5-6 months. Sometimes multiple dreams a night. Death, violence, gore and other funny stuff.

Juzmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2012, 07:54 PM
njdevscup30
Boom Boom

vCash: 243
I love nightmares. I have tons of dreams every night and many are ones where something is trying to kill me. I've tried writing down the dreams immediately when I wake so I don't forget them. One of the last ones I had (as written from my notebook):

In class, saw girl by door looked sad. Walked out by her, down hall, asked if she was ok, shes cool. Knew a lot of strange things. Created a bird feeder shooter out the window. She showed me big monsters fighting in the city. Taught me geography. We went into "ambulance van" and were in the back because all seats were taken.

Car went crazy. Ended up in Dr. Suess cartoon land. They didn't like us humans there. Tried killing us. I had to run for my life. Guns, giant dogs on chains chasing me. Just got away into underground housing building through a man hole. Found girl again but she was a cartoon. Helped me anyway. They run on ceilings. I ran away, ended up in a guy's room. Was gonna kill me but I made him think I was a ghost and it was a dream.

Left, found other humans by ambulance, they thought cartoon world was fun. They were swimming, most ended up dead. I found friends in a car ready to escape but they wouldn't let me in because they were saving the seat for someone else. They drove into a big traffic jam at the cartoon world exit. I followed and walked out.

The End.

If I hadn't written it down, I probably wouldn't have remembered any of it by now. Usually in my dreams I'm saving other people from killers, this time I was being refused help. Oh well.

njdevscup30 is offline   Reply With Quote