HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Chicago Wolves Discussion - Part V

Closed Thread

Old
11-28-2012, 10:54 PM
vanuck
Griffiths Way Goons

vCash: 250
You could maybe justify the Wolves' low offensive numbers if they were stingy defensively... problem is, they're not. And that's the worst of both worlds - can't score much, and you can't really keep it out of your own net either.

Same with special teams: PP sucks, and teams like RFD will run around out there taking runs at your players without fear of getting burned for it. Yet the PK is dead last in the whole league if I heard correctly. Seems nothing's really coming together at this point.

Old
11-28-2012, 11:06 PM
Whale

vCash: 500
The problem clearly lies with the special teams, and Haydar losing his mojo isn't helping any of the teams problems. Good game, glad to see our boys putting the puck in the net, that's all I'm worried about

Losing is a good experience for young players, makes them hate it and I'd rather they do it in the AHL than the NHL.

All learning comes from suffering... OHM or whatever....

Old
11-28-2012, 11:36 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanuck View Post
You could maybe justify the Wolves' low offensive numbers if they were stingy defensively... problem is, they're not. And that's the worst of both worlds - can't score much, and you can't really keep it out of your own net either.

Same with special teams: PP sucks, and teams like RFD will run around out there taking runs at your players without fear of getting burned for it. Yet the PK is dead last in the whole league if I heard correctly. Seems nothing's really coming together at this point.
That's Scott Arniel for ya. For some reason a number of people liked bringing him back, but I've never liked him as a coach. Sadly, I don't think we can fire him at this point as that would be way too much instability with our farm team head coaching job.

11-28-2012, 11:51 PM
vanuck
Griffiths Way Goons

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
That's Scott Arniel for ya. For some reason a number of people liked bringing him back, but I've never liked him as a coach. Sadly, I don't think we can fire him at this point as that would be way too much instability with our farm team head coaching job.
I've never known enough about him before to have a real opinion either way... how come you've never liked his coaching?

Old
11-28-2012, 11:58 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
I hear AV isn't doing anything during the lockout, maybe we could get him to coach for a while?

It would be pure torture for him to try and find ways to bench all the young guys during games.

Old
11-29-2012, 12:10 AM
racerjoe

I don't like some of the decisions being made in games, as a coach, but he deserves some slack as the Wolves are now playing the Canucks system, and it is a hard system to learn as it relies on trust of your teammates a lot. I would give him some slack until about mid way of the season (providing there is no NHL, cause if he losses Ebbet Schroeder, Kassian, Tanev and Pinnazato that could really hurt.

Old
11-29-2012, 12:12 AM
crazy Kassian
The North Remembers

What was Shaw up to? I think we and a lot of other teams really missed out there

Old
11-29-2012, 12:27 AM
Scottrockztheworld*

Quote:
Originally Posted by pahlsson View Post
kassian got a couple good shots in at first, then he fell and beach hit him while he was on his ass
typical Blackhawk scum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canucker View Post
I think he's like the President of hockey operations or something.

Edit: Senior Vice President
So he left a crappy to be a Senior VP of a slightly less crappy team?

Last edited by Scottrockztheworld*: 11-29-2012 at 12:36 AM.
Old
11-29-2012, 12:31 AM
Wisp

kassian and Schroeder generate a lot. Always threatening. Even if they're not scoring on every chance that' good to see.

Old
11-29-2012, 12:40 AM
Samzilla

vCash: 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisp View Post
Bad driver, though.
Too soon.

Old
11-29-2012, 12:47 AM
Reverend Mayhem
Freeway's closed man

vCash: 940
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
I find it funny that one of the more heralded playmakers on the team has 7 goals and 4 assists....no one to pass to or what?

Old
11-29-2012, 01:27 AM
Back in 94
In Gillis I trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
I hear AV isn't doing anything during the lockout, maybe we could get him to coach for a while?

It would be pure torture for him to try and find ways to bench all the young guys during games.

Old
11-29-2012, 01:34 AM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Mayhem View Post
I find it funny that one of the more heralded playmakers on the team has 7 goals and 4 assists....no one to pass to or what?

He really should have about 10 more assists than he does. A 1:2 goals to assist ratio. The fact that he is below a 1:1 ratio really speaks volumes about he has been able to "mesh" with the players around him. Kassian also has experienced a drop.

The season needs to start to get both these guys off the Wolves ASAP.

Old
11-29-2012, 01:37 AM
Reverend Mayhem
Freeway's closed man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
He really should have about 10 more assists than he does. A 1:2 goals to assist ratio. The fact that he is below a 1:1 ratio really speaks volumes about he has been able to "mesh" with the players around him. Kassian also has experienced a drop.

The season needs to start to get both these guys off the Wolves ASAP.
Yeah no kidding. Not to paint all the fence one colour, but some of our veteran players and those supposed to be putting up points have been pretty disappointing.

I think Schroeder and Kassian's point production is pretty impressive given that our AHL affiliate isn't known for putting up too many goals on the board historically.

Old
11-29-2012, 03:21 AM
Askel

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
Agree cant change coaches to often need stability on the farm. But maybe get a PP caoch down there or a new D coach.

Old
11-29-2012, 04:30 AM
Reverend Mayhem
Freeway's closed man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Askel View Post
Agree cant change coaches to often need stability on the farm. But maybe get a PP caoch down there or a new D coach.
I'm not oft to put blame on the coaches but something needs to change. I still hold Arniel in high regard though. Grabner seemed to develop pretty damn well under Arniel. I never could have seen him having a 30-goal season at all without him. He's scored plenty of SH goals because Arniel made Grabner a solid two-way player.

I don't know...I agree he hasn't been the best coach in the AHL this year, but he's still really good.

Old
11-29-2012, 08:54 AM
Spitsfan67*

Im a spits fan And Kass is one of my Favourite players ive been keeping up to date with his stats on the AHL site but want to know how hes been really playing, has he been a dominating player in anygame or been a intimidating player? do you guys think hes stepped up his toughness a bit? and do you think hes improved his all around game, i know in the windsor newspaper he worked out all summer and was really working hard to improve some of the things he needed to(Foot Speed was one of them), the guy really tries hard and wants to be dominate....if he uses his body to his advantage he could be a great NHL'er.

Old
11-29-2012, 09:07 AM
Luck 6
\\_______

Justin Schultz has an astounding 28 points in 18 games so far in the AHL. That just pisses me off, ****ing traitor haha.

Old
11-29-2012, 09:07 AM
racerjoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
Im a spits fan And Kass is one of my Favourite players ive been keeping up to date with his stats on the AHL site but want to know how hes been really playing, has he been a dominating player in anygame or been a intimidating player? do you guys think hes stepped up his toughness a bit? and do you think hes improved his all around game, i know in the windsor newspaper he worked out all summer and was really working hard to improve some of the things he needed to(Foot Speed was one of them), the guy really tries hard and wants to be dominate....if he uses his body to his advantage he could be a great NHL'er.
He came in in the best shape of his early career. His stats don't do him justice. He still has the same question mark of playing like he can game in game out. However he has been much better at this. He has played very well in most games, getting into a few scraps, using his size, and passing the puck extremely well.

Old
11-29-2012, 09:09 AM
PRNuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck 6 View Post
Justin Schultz has an astounding 28 points in 18 games so far in the AHL. That just pisses me off, ****ing traitor haha.
Man, it shocks me how bitter I am about that.

Old
11-29-2012, 09:12 AM
PRNuck

Quote:
Do you happen to have any links to those articles? I love reading stuff like that.

Old
11-29-2012, 09:35 AM
Spitsfan67*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRNuck View Post
Do you happen to have any links to those articles? I love reading stuff like that.
i cant find the one im looking for, sorry bout that but these ones are good and get to the point that im trying to get across that hes determined and motivated to improve:

http://www.canada.com/sports/hockey/...080/story.html

http://www.theprovince.com/sports/ho...#axzz2DcpN26f4

Old
11-29-2012, 09:39 AM
Spitsfan67*

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerjoe View Post
He came in in the best shape of his early career. His stats don't do him justice. He still has the same question mark of playing like he can game in game out. However he has been much better at this. He has played very well in most games, getting into a few scraps, using his size, and passing the puck extremely well.
thats good im rooting for the kid and i actually went to high school with him in lasalle, its pretty cool how far the kid has come and i think his future is bright if he keeps the mindset he currently has.

Old
11-29-2012, 09:42 AM
PRNuck

Quote:
i cant find the one im looking for, sorry bout that but these ones are good and get to the point that im trying to get across that hes determined and motivated to improve:

http://www.canada.com/sports/hockey/...080/story.html

http://www.theprovince.com/sports/ho...#axzz2DcpN26f4
Cool thanks.

Old
11-29-2012, 10:04 AM
Askel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Mayhem View Post
I'm not oft to put blame on the coaches but something needs to change. I still hold Arniel in high regard though. Grabner seemed to develop pretty damn well under Arniel. I never could have seen him having a 30-goal season at all without him. He's scored plenty of SH goals because Arniel made Grabner a solid two-way player.

I don't know...I agree he hasn't been the best coach in the AHL this year, but he's still really good.
I dont mind Arniel, but something is off ocn the Wolves IMO, they seem to have big troubles in the defensive zone and the PP is not very good and the PK is horrendous. Also a lot of the veterans is underperforming (Haydar,Ebbett,Desbiens). Id also like to see Mallet in a more offensive role(at least try it).

Baumgartner might not be ready for coaching the D and Id like see a change there.

Sterling is doing his job, but should be played with Schroeder to get a no 1 line IMO.

Something like:
Sterling-Shroeder-Pinizotto
Sweatt-Ebbet-Kassian
Rodin-Mallet-Gordon

Hell I dont know going off Highlights and one game. Maybe Im out to lunch.

Closed Thread