HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Entertainment
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Entertainment Discuss movies, tv shows, music, arts, literature, fashion, and upcoming events, concerts, etc.

Disney purchases Lucasfilm - Star Wars Episode VII to be released in 2015

Closed Thread

Old
11-28-2012, 10:53 PM
jumptheshark
McDavid Headquarters

vCash: 2458
i know a few star wars sites went nuts when Ford said he was open to doing Solo again, as long as he could kill him off this time

Welcome to Edmonton Connor McDavid--the rest of you HA HA HA HA HA HA
Old
11-29-2012, 12:15 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
i know a few star wars sites went nuts when Ford said he was open to doing Solo again, as long as he could kill him off this time
He'd probably want himself killed in the first five minutes of the movie

Old
11-29-2012, 08:51 AM
irunthepeg
#whiteout

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedge View Post
it'll be weird watching a Star Wars film without the 20th century fox intro.
WHOAAAAAAAAAA mind blown. Did not even think of that, and it's such a small thing but to me it goes hand in hand with the THX intro. You got the 20th Century Fox, then a dead silence for the long time ago... then BAM! Horns!

Old
11-29-2012, 09:19 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Old
11-30-2012, 08:11 PM
Osprey

This is from weeks ago, but it has a lot of interesting rumors...

http://geektyrant.com/news/2012/11/2...s-trilogy.html

One seems to suggest that Disney is interested in restoring the theatrical editions of the original trilogy. I speculated at the time of sale that that could be a good thing to come of the sale, so I hope that it's more than just a rumor. That would go a long way to making older Star Wars fans happy, even if they pump out new films.

Also mentioned in that post are rumors of Luke and the original cast having big roles in the new films, the tone of them being more in line with the original trilogy, some talk of films 10-12, a live action TV series and possible directors (it would surely be cool to see Spielberg direct one).

Old
12-01-2012, 01:24 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Some people in that article mention using CGI to make the original cast look younger and in better shape. I think they should just have them work out. Have M(ark Ham)ill grow a beard and look like an aged Jedi.

Old
12-01-2012, 01:57 PM
Pilgore88

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipNash27 View Post
Some people in that article mention using CGI to make the original cast look younger and in better shape. I think they should just have them work out. Have M(ark Ham)ill grow a beard and look like an aged Jedi.
I'm sure being 70+ years of age (Ford was born in 42) make the "work-out" option unrealistic.

Old
12-01-2012, 03:45 PM
Protest the Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
This is from weeks ago, but it has a lot of interesting rumors...

http://geektyrant.com/news/2012/11/2...s-trilogy.html

One seems to suggest that Disney is interested in restoring the theatrical editions of the original trilogy. I speculated at the time of sale that that could be a good thing to come of the sale, so I hope that it's more than just a rumor. That would go a long way to making older Star Wars fans happy, even if they pump out new films.

Also mentioned in that post are rumors of Luke and the original cast having big roles in the new films, the tone of them being more in line with the original trilogy, some talk of films 10-12, a live action TV series and possible directors (it would surely be cool to see Spielberg direct one).
I was wondering if they'd eventually make a live action TV show in the universe. I'd really only get excited about that if it were on HBO/AMC or one of the other cable channels. Not because of nudity, but less constraints.

Old
12-01-2012, 05:29 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Officer Farva View Post
I'm sure being 70+ years of age (Ford was born in 42) make the "work-out" option unrealistic.
Ford is still in pretty good shape, he just looks older. Hamill (61) and Fisher (56) are far from being in good shape. I mean they don't have to look amazing, just fit. We surely aren't having Carrie Fisher in a metal bikini again

Old
12-01-2012, 05:40 PM
Osprey

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipNash27 View Post
I've never been that keen on a sequel trilogy, but, now that it's an almost certainty, it's a bit of a shame, IMO, that they didn't do it 10-15 years ago, instead of the prequel trilogy. The prequel trilogy could've been done at any time, but a sequel trilogy hinges on returning cast members who are only getting older. Hamill and Fisher still looked pretty good in 1997, at the premiere of Star Wars: Special Edition and just a year before Lucas started filming The Phantom Menace:

They still looked fit, handsome, capable of playing action roles and capable of carrying a few movies as lead actors. They still mostly looked like their characters, too. Now, unfortunately, they don't look like their younger selves much anymore, as you just pointed out above. It's sort of expected, since they're all well over 50 now, but it's just too bad that we didn't take advantage of their youth and fitness for the sequel trilogy when they still had them. Perhaps a training regime and good makeup/post-processing could help a lot, but it'll be very hard to conceal their ages at this point.

I can't help but imagine what the sequel trilogy could've been like with younger returning cast members. On the other hand, if Lucas had done the sequel trilogy instead of the prequel trilogy, he might've just messed that up, instead, putting Jar-Jar in Episode VII, for example. Hmm... would I prefer younger returning cast members in a trilogy that Lucas might've screwed up or older returning cast members in a trilogy that Lucas won't be meddling much in? That's a tough one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest the Hero View Post
I was wondering if they'd eventually make a live action TV show in the universe. I'd really only get excited about that if it were on HBO/AMC or one of the other cable channels. Not because of nudity, but less constraints.
It's Disney, so it'll be on ABC; you can bet on it. There's practically zero chance that it'll be on any other network (in NA, of course).

Last edited by Osprey: 12-01-2012 at 05:49 PM.
Old
01-24-2013, 04:59 PM
sabresfan129103
So it begins...

JJ Abrams to direct episode VII.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/...dfc2245c0000cc

Old
01-24-2013, 05:44 PM
Firestorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabresfan129103 View Post
First, we blow up Tatooine...

Then time travel to before the first 6 films and change everything so those films never took place?

Old
01-24-2013, 06:23 PM
XX
He's a good guy

Quote:
He initially said he passed, but Disney must have looked at their options and decided throwing a boatload of money at JJ was their best bet.

Old
01-24-2013, 06:47 PM
Brain Sergeant
Squirrel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
He initially said he passed, but Disney must have looked at their options and decided throwing a boatload of money at JJ was their best bet.
Apparently Spielberg insisted they keep pressing him until he said yes.

Old
01-24-2013, 08:49 PM
Takeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
Wow, that's crazy. I have to believe it's a bit awkward creatively to transition from the Star Trek universe to Star Wars. Every step of the process for Episode VII will be compared to the Trek reboot. I don't know how he develops a completely unique perspective which Star Wars deserves.

Old
01-24-2013, 09:48 PM
Osprey

Abrams' style fits Star Wars better, IMO. I'm not a fan of the Star Trek reboot because the fast-paced, hectic style doesn't really suit Star Trek, which is meant to be more cerebrally-paced, like a game of chess in space. Star Wars is more action-oriented, so action-geared directing suits it better, IMO. I'm not really a fan of Abrams, period, but what he does best may suit Star Wars. I think that I'd prefer a fresh face, but that could've ended up being a mistake, and at least you're guaranteed a certain quality with Abrams.

Old
01-24-2013, 10:24 PM
USC Trojans
I have a plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firestorm View Post

Then time travel to before the first 6 films and change everything so those films never took place?
with plenty of lens flares along the way.

Old
01-25-2013, 01:02 AM
Fire Lindy
Trust the System

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
Abrams' style fits Star Wars better, IMO. I'm not a fan of the Star Trek reboot because the fast-paced, hectic style doesn't really suit Star Trek, which is meant to be more cerebrally-paced, like a game of chess in space. Star Wars is more action-oriented, so action-geared directing suits it better, IMO. I'm not really a fan of Abrams, period, but what he does best may suit Star Wars. I think that I'd prefer a fresh face, but that could've ended up being a mistake, and at least you're guaranteed a certain quality with Abrams.
Maybe the new trilogy was action packed, but the original trilogy was more story and great characters. Abrams is just going to make this another action flick like he did to Star Trek, but I will give him credit that at least he is good at it..unlike Lucas. Lucas tried to turn Star Wars into an action flick and failed miserably, at least Abrams has the skills to make a good action movie.

Old
01-25-2013, 08:15 AM
beowulf
Not a nice guy.

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
When I Saw this yesterday I was not at all surprised as he seems to have his hands in everything these days. Kind of funny that he would be directing Star Wars and Star Trek. Could he bring peace to the force and unit the two factions?

Old
01-25-2013, 09:49 AM
Jussi
No strings on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
When I Saw this yesterday I was not at all surprised as he seems to have his hands in everything these days. Kind of funny that he would be directing Star Wars and Star Trek. Could he bring peace to the force and unit the two factions?
So HE'S the Chosen One????

Old
01-25-2013, 09:55 AM
Clock

vCash: 50
I really hope that isn't true. He's already watered down "Star Trek," and "Super 8" sucked. That series needs someone who places substance over style.

Old
01-25-2013, 12:13 PM
kingsholygrail
Career Worst Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firestorm View Post

I'm okay with this.

Old
01-26-2013, 12:34 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

vCash: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clock View Post
I really hope that isn't true. He's already watered down "Star Trek," and "Super 8" sucked. That series needs someone who places substance over style.
As a Trek fan I thought his reboot was great and Super 8 was good film

Old
01-26-2013, 12:46 PM
Fire Lindy
Trust the System

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
As a Trek fan I thought his reboot was great and Super 8 was good film
I'm not a Trek fan but I loved the reboot, however I can see why a lot of Trek fans probably hated it. I believe most Trek fans loved it because it was slow paced and had a lot of sci-fi dialogue, he turned it into a fast paced action film that didn't have much of the sci-fi/geek talk that Trekkies love. This was going to happen either way though, not just because it was Abrams directing, the fast pace action film sells to the masses better. Abrams did a great job with it.

Old
01-26-2013, 01:01 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clock View Post
I don't think Star Wars was ever really known for substance. I've always taken it as a less serious than Star Trek.

“We still have a lot of guys who haven't scored a goal since Jesus was a baby.” - Darryl Sutter
Closed Thread