HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Entertainment
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Entertainment Discuss movies, tv shows, music, arts, literature, fashion, and upcoming events, concerts, etc.

Disney purchases Lucasfilm - Star Wars Episode VII to be released in 2015

Closed Thread

Old
10-30-2012, 10:14 PM
Everlong
-

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan74 View Post
Ford wanted to do other stuff and didn't want to be typecast. I could see him coming back after all this time. They wouldn't be too old in a mentor capacity. Hamill doesn't have much going on. Fisher may not make the cut.
Yea I could see Ford and Hamill coming back. Hamill still does star wars: clone wars animation voices I believe. Fisher simply may not have enough sex appeal.

Old
10-30-2012, 10:20 PM
Lost Horizons
Everybody Wants Some

I could see JJ Abrams being involved with a new Star Wars. He's buddys with Spielberg who will probably put in a good word for him and he'll point to Star Trek as a good reboot. Abrams is also close with Disney as well.

Old
10-30-2012, 10:22 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlong View Post
Yea I could see Ford and Hamill coming back. Hamill still does star wars: clone wars animation voices I believe. Fisher simply may not have enough sex appeal.
Those two coming back would create insane buzz for this movie.

Old
10-30-2012, 10:31 PM
invictus

So I told my younger step brother (he is 18) about this and he told me he has never seen any of the 6 films. This blew me away, haha. I only ever saw the original 3 and then Part 1.

Would it be best to tell him to watch them 1-6? Or watch them in release order? Or just watch the original 3 and pretend the others didn't happen?

Old
10-30-2012, 10:37 PM
Everlong
-

Quote:
Those two coming back would create insane buzz for this movie.
I don't think they'd come back for an entire movie though. My guess it would more along the lines of what Leonard Nimoy did for the new Star Wars movie. More of a sheltered role while allowing the "new" cast members to introduce themselves.

Old
10-30-2012, 10:44 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by invictus View Post
So I told my younger step brother (he is 18) about this and he told me he has never seen any of the 6 films. This blew me away, haha. I only ever saw the original 3 and then Part 1.

Would it be best to tell him to watch them 1-6? Or watch them in release order? Or just watch the original 3 and pretend the others didn't happen?
He has to watch 4-6 1st or it will be ruined for him.

Old
10-30-2012, 10:53 PM
RandV
It's a wolf v2.0

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlong View Post
I don't think they'd come back for an entire movie though. My guess it would more along the lines of what Leonard Nimoy did for the new Star Wars movie. More of a sheltered role while allowing the "new" cast members to introduce themselves.
They can do more than a cameo, something between Obi Wan Kenobi's role in the original and whoever it was that Samuel Jackson played in the prequels. Same thing with Fisher, the elder mentors to the younger Jedi, probably Han and Leia's kids, who will be the new stars. If Harrison Ford doesn't want a role, as he personally never cared much for Han Solo and wanted him to die off in Return of the Jedi, you can just write Han Solo's death as a past event.

...though that could be unfortunate since Harrison Ford could play the old timer role the best. Admiral Solo would be pretty kick ass.

Old
10-30-2012, 11:04 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Ford would be the best of all of them. You have to remember Star Wars was his first big movie and a means to an end for him. He didn't want to keep doing them. This would be different.

Old
10-30-2012, 11:21 PM
WarriorOfGandhi
Was saying Boo-urns

vCash: 142
Quote:

Watch the trilogy that came out in the 70s and 80s.

There are no other Star Wars movies.

Old
10-30-2012, 11:27 PM
The Reaper
Men of Mayhem

vCash: 90
Well, a new saga will be made and the Original 6 has been re-named Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga

Old
10-31-2012, 12:03 AM
The Beyonder

Episode VII can't be worse than the prequel garbage that George released. The thing with George is is that it's his product and he did whatever he wanted with it and I'm sure there were very few people who said "Hey, George, I don't think this (dialogue, scene, sequence) is good enough".

I think Star Wars would be better suited for Television. But even in film, it's a world that you can do a lot with, and can still tell good stories if they get the right people behind. I think Star Wars being out of the hands of George Lucas is a good thing imo. But then again, it's bought by Disney , so we'll see.

Old
10-31-2012, 12:54 AM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Ford would be the best of all of them. You have to remember Star Wars was his first big movie and a means to an end for him. He didn't want to keep doing them. This would be different.
American Graffiti says HI

People over look the fact that he did that movie and did not like stardom that much and turned down many roles.

Old
10-31-2012, 01:12 AM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
American Graffiti says HI

People over look the fact that he did that movie and did not like stardom that much and turned down many roles.
I said "big" movie. It wasn't the movie that launched him in to stardom, Star Wars was. He wasn't even considered for a role in Star Wars, Lucas just had him reading lines to other actors. Watch the documentary.

He wasn't getting offered anything he wanted to do.

Last edited by HawksFan74: 10-31-2012 at 01:19 AM.
Old
10-31-2012, 01:25 AM
sully1410

vCash: 50
I'm not sure how I feel about this. The other Star Wars movies wre not that great. I didn't mind 1 and 3 but 2 sucked. And it sucked hard.

I would be surprised of this one was up to the standard of the other 4,5,6 era.

I can't see the original trio not returning...and Carrie fisher still has time to get back into shape tbh. It's 3 years away honestly...they probably won't put her back into the metal bikini, but she can do it. Actors do it all the time.

I can't see Harrison Ford NOT coming back, considering he did for Indiana Jones. It jus wouldn't be fair to his fans, honestly.

Old
10-31-2012, 01:31 AM
ProstheticConscience
Kunst

vCash: 883
Well...I guess Lucas wouldn't be around to **** things up like the prequel trilogy.

Initially suicidal, but that's receded to cautious optimism. I'll only agree to definitely fanboy the new movie (if and when it actually happens) if it's set in the Old Republic and one of my characters from TOR gets a cameo.

Old
10-31-2012, 01:50 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
I don't know what people are complaining about. Disney has other subsidiaries and brands that can make R rated films. Even though Star Wars isn't R rated, there still wouldn't be any reduction to violence in the films. Star Wars isn't even really that violent in the first place...

As for ruining the series. It has already been ruined. Frankly, the farther Lucas is kept away from this the better. Now that he no longer owns or has a say in any of it, or the rest of his films (Indiana Jones), there is great potential for it to be better. I don't expect them to churn this into another Pirates of the Caribbean. We will have to see, but no matter what they do, it is far better than anything Lucas would have done.

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Old
10-31-2012, 03:08 AM
Canuck21t

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleLeafs9 View Post
I don't have the time and don't want to watch a 70 minute review of a movie, my opinion is the 3 prequels were great films and I enjoyed all of them.

How did the plot make no sense? The trade federation wants the queen to sign a treaty so they take over her home planet Naboo. While getting away from there, their ship gets damaged, they land on Tatooine to search for parts and they discover Anakin Skywalker (who ends up being freaking Darth Vader). Seems like a pretty nice and significant plot to me? But like I said, this is my opinion.

As for the script? What about it? It's set a long long time ago in a galaxy far away. Obviously there are gonna be some cheesy lines that people will say "Ha!" or "Pff" to, there were lines like that in the first 3 as well.

They were still rated pretty high on IMDb as well so I think the people that say the movies were "terrible" or "crap" are the minority.
There are many things I don't like about the Prequels and the 70-minute review explains everything that is wrong with Episode I and the Prequels in general. If you don't have the time to watch the review, then don't ask why. It's all there, but you don't want to watch and then you wonder why. Sheesh.

I'll only add that the original trilogy dialogues were never as bad as the dialogues in the Prequels.

Old
10-31-2012, 03:39 AM
icing

More Star wars movies. Spontaneous reaction:

When thinking about some more - Disney doing Star Wars movies?

Feels very "Jar Jar Binksy".

Old
10-31-2012, 03:50 AM
Olvast

Here's hoping that the new trilogy will include Admiral Thrawn...

Old
10-31-2012, 07:21 AM
wedge

Quote:

4-5-1-2-3-6 and you can skip 1 if you want and pretend it never happened.

Old
10-31-2012, 07:27 AM
optimus2861

The Thrawn novels were only set 5 years after Jedi and the actors are far too old to reprise those parts at that age..

I can't muster any excitement for this news. The prequel trilogy sucked it right out of me. Yeah yeah, Lucas supposedly won't have any say -- I don't believe that for a second. As long as he's alive he'll have a say in Star Wars, unless whoever is in charge of the new films has some big brass ones and outright tells him to piss off.

Old
10-31-2012, 07:27 AM
clefty
What?

Quote:
4-5-1-2-3-6 and you can skip 1 if you want and pretend it never happened.
What? No, that's terrible.

Just watch it in order. Original and then prequel, so you know what everyone's talking about when they say how woeful they are.

Old
10-31-2012, 07:30 AM
wedge

People are affraid Disney will make Star Wars movies for kids and talk about the original trilogy.

Who the hell do you think the original star wars was intended for? Do you forget that easily? Watch some documentaries on the release of the first movie and look at the crowds. Look at all the kids. The first Star Wars was a kid movie. Empire Strikes Back wasn't, as it was more mature and dark. Hence why it did worse than the others at the box office. Return of the Jedi also was a kid movie with the ewoks.

It angers me to see people being so blind as to what the OT actually was. The difference between the OT and the prequels is that the OT was so well made that it became interesting to adults too. While the prequels, ep 1 in particular, was only for kids and the story was boring and didn't appeal as much to adults.

Nostalgia is strong. And people forget a few things because of nostalgia.

Old
10-31-2012, 07:34 AM
Bronn
Registered Sellsword

Personally i'd rather see something set prior to Episode I and post ROTJ. Something set in the KOTOR or Exar Kun eras would be pretty cool. Or even something set in the early days of the galaxy and prior to the republic. Maybe something about the origins of the force , the original Sith tribe or something. That way they could pretty much do anything they want and go with a fresh story.

That said its rumored that VII , VIII and IX will be sequels to ROTJ. I don't mind it but im not sure they should have Luke , Leia , Han ect as main characters. They could be present but as an older version of themselves which would fit with the age of the OT actors. Hamill , Ford , Fisher ect could have cameos. If they really want to re use the characters in the OT then i would like to see something from the Dark Empire novels with Luke turning toi the dark side , Palpatine ressurection ecté That or something centered around Jacen/Jaina/Lumiya or the Yuzhang Vong invasion. Wouldn't mind Thrawn either but id prefer those i mentionned above.

Old
10-31-2012, 07:35 AM
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
Blue Jacket's Curse

Quote:
Originally Posted by icing View Post
More Star wars movies. Spontaneous reaction:

When thinking about some more - Disney doing Star Wars movies?

Feels very "Jar Jar Binksy".
Disney didn't give us Jar Jar. George Lucas did.

Closed Thread