Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Soccer Discuss leagues around the world and the World Cup

Capital One Cup 4th round

Old
01-23-2013, 03:38 PM
ProPAIN
I am the Danger!

vCash: 500
Dumb move by Hazard. But I don't know why the ball boy smothers the ball in the first place. Why just lie down on the ball instead of giving it to any player regardless who it was (Chelsea or Swansea player)?

I think Hazard just tried to kick the ball under him, but made contact with the ball boy instead. He shouldn't have done it, let the ref deal with it, but a classless move from the ball boy too.

ProPAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 03:38 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirris View Post
Please, ball boy was playing keep away with a player on the field. The kid literally curled up in a ball doing a "you can't have" routine. So the player punted the ball out from under him. The ball boy does his best I've been killed overdramatic flop.

Crap like this is why i can't stand soccer games. I like the sport a lot, but the drama BS ridiculous. There should be a dozen ball boys and soccer balls. all game long I've seen crap load of issues with out of play balls. Win on the Field stop playing BS games.
A kid steals your basketball on the playground. Would you start swinging at him and grabbing him trying to get the ball back? No you wouldn't. You'd be angry, but that's just what kids do. They are annoying and they do things that don't make sense.

Of course, the kid isn't right either, but he swung his foot at a child. That is just wrong.

Live in the Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 03:40 PM
Vamos Rafa
ADT = GH

That kid was a little *****, but Hazard was a retard for hurting him. Double-edged sword, IMO. No one was right.

Vamos Rafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 03:40 PM
wej20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProPAIN View Post
Dumb move by Hazard. But I don't know why the ball boy smothers the ball in the first place. Why just lie down on the ball instead of giving it to any player regardless who it was (Chelsea or Swansea player)?

I think Hazard just tried to kick the ball under him, but made contact with the ball boy instead. He shouldn't have done it, let the ref deal with it, but a classless move from the ball boy too.
because Hazard knocks him over in his initial attempt to get the ball off him.

wej20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 03:41 PM
Sabres Fan UK
eh?

http://gif.mocksession.com/wp-conten...BOY-HAZARD.gif
wow hazard.

Sabres Fan UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 03:42 PM
Wee Baby Seamus
I got your back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
Of course, the kid isn't right either, but he swung his foot at a child. That is just wrong.
Not saying it was right, it was an appalling move, but that ball boy couldn't have been younger than 16.

Game done, well deserved Swansea

Wee Baby Seamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 03:42 PM
vsk92
Alltid IFK

Right team when throw over the two legs

vsk92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 03:43 PM
One

vCash: 436
MOTM : Ball Boy...

Good job Swansea! Wembley here we come!

One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 03:45 PM
Vamos Rafa
ADT = GH

LitN, stop referring to the ball boy as a child as if he's a 12-year old to try to make Hazrd look even worse. He's most likely in his mid-to-late teens and just a tad younger than some of Chelsea's young players like McEachran and Piazon.

Old
01-23-2013, 03:45 PM
Cirris

Send a message via Yahoo to Cirris
Quote:
A kid steals your basketball on the playground. Would you start swinging at him and grabbing him trying to get the ball back? No you wouldn't. You'd be angry, but that's just what kids do. They are annoying and they do things that don't make sense.

lets be clear, the kid is a paid employee of the soccer stadium and team. If he can't do his job properly then he shouldn't be there.

I'm well understand that kids shouldn't attacked. But seriously this shouldn't even happen.

Also it's damn obvious that the employer wanted this kid, and the other ballboys, to play keep away with Chelsea players.

Hazard may have went overboard trying to kick the ball out from under the kid. But he was primarily kicking at the ball, he wasn't violently beating the victim with a baseball bat. Again, why I hate soccer at times, the BS theatrics.

Cirris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 03:47 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grillinnap View Post
LitN, stop referring to the ball boy as a child as if he's a 12-year old to try to make Hazrd look even worse. He's most likely in his mid-to-late teens and just a tad younger than some of Chelsea's young players like McEachran and Piazon.
Tad younger is doubtful. Young academy kids get those jobs, and I don't need to make Hazard look worse, he already looks like a pretty terrible individual in my eyes.

Kid was probably pissing himself because his club was about to go Wembley. Got excited. That's what kids do.

Old
01-23-2013, 03:47 PM
vsk92
Alltid IFK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirris View Post
lets be clear, the kid is a paid employee of the soccer stadium and team. If he can't do his job properly then he shouldn't be there.

I'm well understand that kids shouldn't attacked. But seriously this shouldn't even happen.

Also it's damn obvious that the employer wanted this kid, and the other ballboys, to play keep away with Chelsea players.
Don't think so? most are youth players of the team or at least that's what happens in Scotland

Chelsea would do it if they were holding out to go through, every team does no major surprise

Old
01-23-2013, 03:49 PM
wej20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grillinnap View Post
I'd say he's 14 max.

Last edited by wej20: 01-23-2013 at 04:04 PM.
Old
01-23-2013, 03:51 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

Quote:
Originally Posted by wej20 View Post
I'd say he was 14 max.

Maybe a little older, still stand by what I said.

Old
01-23-2013, 03:54 PM
vsk92
Alltid IFK

Jeremy Clarkson ‏@JeremyClarkson
How long before the ball boy sells his heart warming story to the Mail?

Old
01-23-2013, 03:54 PM
Tanner Glass
Call me Nils

Quote:
Because he's a child about to see his club make a final? That's something the FA or Swansea should deal with later.

Honestly, I think I've just about seen it all now.
Yeah....

I've never seen anyone do that. Like someone said, that guy is an employee of the team. This is no different from if a manager would take the ball, and hold it when it goes out.

01-23-2013, 03:55 PM
villevalo

He's tried to get the ball and has kicked it, he may or may not have caught the lad, the lad has obviously had some acting lessons, and what he was doing with the ball God only knows. Hazard should get the match ban, the lad should never be allowed to be a ball boy again. If anyone is equaling this to the Cantona kick then they need to have need to go to the doctors and check to see if they have had a knock to the head themselves.

Match ban. No more ball boy duties for the lad. Lets move on. Unfortunately no-one will and it will be in the headlines for weeks and weeks.

villevalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 03:55 PM
Cirris

Send a message via Yahoo to Cirris
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsk92 View Post
Don't think so? most are youth players of the team or at least that's what happens in Scotland

Chelsea would do it if they were holding out to go through, every team does no major surprise
Which is funny to me that the "premier" league would sully itself with childish tactics.

I've seen ballboys from tiny little central-American nations with more class than what I've seen today in the great EPL.

Cirris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 03:58 PM
Tanner Glass
Call me Nils

I won't post the guy's twitter (mods?), but 4 hours ago:

"#needed #for #timewasting"

....yeeeaaaah

Tanner Glass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 03:59 PM
Vamos Rafa
ADT = GH

So the kid was refusing to give up the ball. Usually, someone else has a backup ball in case the initial ball is out of reach. Why didn't anyone give Chelsea the backup ball?

Old
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Del Ziti View Post
I won't post the guy's twitter (mods?), but 4 hours ago:

"#needed #for #timewasting"

....yeeeaaaah

He's obviously a moron based on that.

Old
ProPAIN
I am the Danger!

As boring as a football game gets. Chelsea dominated possession but Swansea were solid at the back. I love how Swansea played "excellent", but when Chelsea reverted to these tactics last year, they were undeserving winners.

Anyways, not going to watch the final. Swansea are going to smack Bradford around and it just not appealing to me. I'm not ********, I would've preferred some better teams to watch (even if Chelsea weren't one of them).

Need to go all in for the FA Cup and EL while holding on to third place.

Old
01-23-2013, 04:00 PM
HajdukSplit

kid shouldn't have layed on the ball but Hazard shouldn't have kicked him as well, all he had to do was get linesman/referee attention to it

HajdukSplit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 04:01 PM
ProPAIN
I am the Danger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by villevalo View Post
He's tried to get the ball and has kicked it, he may or may not have caught the lad, the lad has obviously had some acting lessons, and what he was doing with the ball God only knows. Hazard should get the match ban, the lad should never be allowed to be a ball boy again. If anyone is equaling this to the Cantona kick then they need to have need to go to the doctors and check to see if they have had a knock to the head themselves.

Match ban. No more ball boy duties for the lad. Lets move on. Unfortunately no-one will and it will be in the headlines for weeks and weeks.
The voice of reason right here. Completely agree.

Old
01-23-2013, 04:05 PM
wej20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProPAIN View Post
As boring as a football game gets. Chelsea dominated possession but Swansea were solid at the back. I love how Swansea played "excellent", but when Chelsea reverted to these tactics last year, they were undeserving winners.

Anyways, not going to watch the final. Swansea are going to smack Bradford around and it just not appealing to me. I'm not ********, I would've preferred some better teams to watch (even if Chelsea weren't one of them).

Need to go all in for the FA Cup and EL while holding on to third place.
Chelsea may have dominated possession but if anything Swansea had the better of the chances.