HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Rotislav Klesla to the Capitals

Old
11-05-2012, 12:48 AM
Hivemind
We're Touched

vCash: 500
Rotislav Klesla to the Capitals

With the return of Michalek, Yandle still in the fold, the emergence of OEL, and Phoenix's bursting pipeline of defensemen, is there any chance Klesla could be pried away from the Coyotes at a reasonable price? Given Phoenix's lack of depth at center, perhaps something like Mathieu Perreault + Stanislav Galiev/2013 2nd?

Hivemind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 01:39 AM
Zoidberg Jesus
Trotzkyist

Pretty sure he plays the right side, but I'm not sure if that was based on preference or team needs. If he can play on the left, he'd be a great fit though.

Zoidberg Jesus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 02:54 AM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

He is key to the Coyotes. He and Michalek will make one hell of a shut down team. I don't see Klesla going anywhere.

Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 08:39 AM
Kaibur

Klesla can play either side - he plays the right side when paired with David Schlemko, but the left side at other times.

He really found his groove last season with the Yotes, particularly in the playoffs. And the Yotes have had a strong Czech presence in the locker room for the past 5 years or so. Plus, depending on how things play out, RHD David Rundblad is going to need a stay at home anchor to pair with, and Klesla seems the reasonable guy with Yandle/Morris and OEL/Z as the other two.

That said, I'm probably the top proponent among Yotes fans for trading Klesla. Our defense is so robust it's one step away from being a backlog. We desperately need some center depth and to restock the prospect cupboards at forward. Klesla's value has gone from nothing to something, and while he adds depth, he can be replaced at the deadline.

I think your offer is pretty good. If they do decide to shop Klesla around, I think your offer would compete. But again, I think the Yotes are looking for very specific kinds of pieces in trade.

Kaibur is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 09:19 AM
hbk

A Klesla trade would depend on development of Stone (who is looking very good in the AHL right now). Phoenix sits $4 million below cap floor and would be seeking a top 6 forward. Preferably a Center. Phoenix prospect full of grinding wingers and top 4 D.

hbk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 04:03 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoidberg Jesus View Post
Pretty sure he plays the right side, but I'm not sure if that was based on preference or team needs. If he can play on the left, he'd be a great fit though.
He seems to prefer the right; it's what he normally played while he was here.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 04:22 PM
DesertDawg

... it would depend on what the reasonable price is. If it was a Maloney-type reasonable price, then he probably would be. I doubt he will be traded though, he is the Coyotes top defensive d'man...

DesertDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2012, 01:23 AM
Halpysback

Laich as the centerpiece sounds fair. Similar contracts, similar types of players in their positions.

Laich, Perreault for Klesla, Tikhonov?

Halpysback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2012, 01:39 AM
PHX FireBirds18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halpysback View Post
Laich as the centerpiece sounds fair. Similar contracts, similar types of players in their positions.

I'd do this in a heartbeat doubt caps fans would. Klesla is awesome though, it would be a shame for him to leave.

PHX FireBirds18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2012, 06:57 AM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halpysback View Post

Talk about filling a hole while creating another. We need somebody to fill in at #3C. Boyd Gordon?!? Gordon and Klesla for Laich (and Erskine)?

Last edited by fedfed: 11-06-2012 at 07:02 AM.
fedfed is offline   Reply With Quote