HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Guess what? You're not funny.

Closed Thread

Old
11-05-2012, 02:50 PM
Myllz
ARF ARF ARF ARF ARF

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slip View Post
There's another guy in the picture, and you're just a pawn in her game.

Get. Out. Now.
There's nothing like that. She left the area because she had to go back home for work. It was supposed to be a short trip, then she got sick and has to stay down there now until she's better.

Old
11-05-2012, 02:54 PM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

One week and a lot of phone conversations does not make a relationship of enough substance for this to have gotten to his point.

I think you need to pick whatever exit strategy you feel comfortable with and execute it. Quickly.

Old
11-05-2012, 02:57 PM
brian_griffin
Measured Intangibles

^^
FYI, Alex Karras died last month.

Old
11-05-2012, 02:58 PM
Penalty Killa
glitter skates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechsack View Post
One week and a lot of phone conversations does not make a relationship of enough substance for this to have gotten to his point.

I think you need to pick whatever exit strategy you feel comfortable with and execute it. Quickly.
Devil's advocate.

One of my best friends met a guy at a bar. They had two dates within a week and then he left to go to Afghanistan for seven months. He called her every day while he was overseas.

They are now married, have a gorgeous son and another on the way.

That being said, Myllz's situation is nothing like this. I just wanted to refute your point.

Old
11-05-2012, 02:58 PM
Clock

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian_griffin View Post
^^
FYI, Alex Karras died last month.
Yeah. He liked candy.

Old
11-05-2012, 03:01 PM
slip

Mongo!

Bust this scenario, can't no other ******s in the barrio
(From newark to Ontario), bust us when we in stereo.
Cause me and rashida rock the battles
It's apparent, you're no talent, cause your're blazin' in your saddle.

Old
11-05-2012, 03:12 PM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myllz View Post
Looking for some opinions on something.
Deep breath ..... Ok ....

1) If her only reason for living or healing is to be with another person (you) then she is weak minded and needy. Do you want to be with someone like that? Obviously NO

2) If she doesn't respect and follow the advice of medical professionals that know wayyyy more than her, plus her desire to get married and have kids so quickly with a guy she has only known a few months ... well, that shows a lack of maturity. Do you want to be with someone like that? Obviously NO

3) You are not in love with her, otherwise you wouldn't even be posting this problem on a hockey website asking strangers for advice or opinions. It's hard to get emotionally invested to a deep level with a needy immature person. This is a good thing, as the decision will be ultimately easier compared to if you were married, in love, with kids and a house. Do you want to be married with kids with someone like that? Obviously NO

It's a shame she is so sick. Life isn't fair sometimes. I have seen my (and a dozen others) share of very very sick people and i am grateful for being healthy.

The guilt thing is understandable, but it will get worse the more you subconsciously lead her on. Good luck Myllz... tough situation.

Old
11-05-2012, 03:18 PM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

This one's for you Myllz.

Old
11-05-2012, 03:35 PM
slip

Last night my wife was visibly annoyed after I told her I just "had to apply for this other really cool travel rewards credit card." Like any addict, a points junkie can't stop collecting points. It's how we get our "high." My wife sees this. She's concerned:

"Really? Do we really need all these points? What for? What's that in the last year? Two million miles? 25 credit cards between us? You've gone mad"

This morning I proceeded to re-book our Hawaii vacation in February, adding 4 days overall to the trip, but now sprinkling in 5 nights at a high end resort in Maui to augment (and slightly alter) our 8 day's in Oahu.

Thankfully she understands again. I mean, I didn't want her to be upset and all during our free trip to Barbados later this week.

Old
11-05-2012, 03:42 PM
Penalty Killa
glitter skates

Quote:
Last night my wife was visibly annoyed after I told her I just "had to apply for this other really cool travel rewards credit card." Like any addict, a points junkie can't stop collecting points. It's how we get our "high." My wife sees this. She's concerned:

"Really? Do we really need all these points? What for? What's that in the last year? Two million miles? 25 credit cards between us? You've gone mad"

This morning I proceeded to re-book our Hawaii vacation in February, adding 4 days overall to the trip, but now sprinkling in 5 nights at a high end resort in Maui to augment (and slightly alter) our 8 day's in Oahu.

Thankfully she understands again. I mean, I didn't want her to be upset and all during our free trip to Barbados later this week.
How does all this affect your credit rating?

Old
11-05-2012, 03:56 PM
Fly Boy
Aye Sir!

After 2 weeks of phone calls and what not my absentee ballot never did show up. There for I now have two options. Go back to my designated voting district tonight, spend the night at my parents, get up early and vote but miss class. Or I could go to class and then drive there tomorrow but end up missing work and my club activities. Keep in mind it is a 2 1/2 hour drive one way. Obviously double that and then factor in 1-2 hours of standing in line waiting to vote. I would just find that a huge, annoying waste of time.

I know how important it is to vote, but I'm not sure what to do here. Do I or don't I?

Old
11-05-2012, 03:57 PM
slip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penalty Killa View Post
How does all this affect your credit rating?
Devastating.

805 to 781.

Old
11-05-2012, 04:17 PM
CriminallyVu1gar
LGBTerrific

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myllz View Post
Looking for some opinions on something.
Yeah, I can understand feeling guilty about pulling away from someone with health problems and that level of attachment, but I don't really think it's anyone's job to exist as the sole mental and emotional crutch for someone.

If she does do something rash, I don't think it's because of anything you did or might do, but because of her mental state and her unwillingness to seek the proper help.

Old
11-05-2012, 04:40 PM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

Quote:
Devastating.

805 to 781.
You reckless fool!

Old
11-05-2012, 05:49 PM
Mike McDermott
blah blah blah

Does anyone know any bakeries or restaurants that are hiring? (bakeries preferred)

We gotta find my wife a new job. The ship is on fire and going down fast and I want her on a life raft before there is no rescue available.

Old
11-05-2012, 05:54 PM
Myllz
ARF ARF ARF ARF ARF

Quote:
Originally Posted by CriminallyVu1gar View Post
Yeah, I can understand feeling guilty about pulling away from someone with health problems and that level of attachment, but I don't really think it's anyone's job to exist as the sole mental and emotional crutch for someone.

If she does do something rash, I don't think it's because of anything you did or might do, but because of her mental state and her unwillingness to seek the proper help.
That's pretty much where I am with it, it just sucks feeling guilty about it.

Old
11-05-2012, 07:41 PM
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon

So, after today more of my inner circle are telling me to play hardball.....

It's so hard being the bigger person all the dang time....

Old
11-05-2012, 08:04 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

In not-so-new news, Verizon customer service sucks.

Carry on.

Old
11-05-2012, 08:06 PM
Clock

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs View Post
In not-so-new news, Verizon customer service sucks.

Carry on.
Time Warner just sent me a cute postcard, sans phone number, telling me how fantastic their service is and that in order for it to continue to be fantastic, I need to pay an extra 3.95 per month. That sounds like a great deal for fantastic!

Old
11-05-2012, 08:11 PM
Afino
The Juice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clock View Post
Time Warner just sent me a cute postcard, sans phone number, telling me how fantastic their service is and that in order for it to continue to be fantastic, I need to pay an extra 3.95 per month. That sounds like a great deal for fantastic!
At least they told you.

When I moved, they bumped my bill date up a week and a half, so I technically paid twice for the same service over a week and a half timeframe.

And then they bumped it up another day. Used to be due on the 13th....then the 5th. Now this month apparently it's due on the 4th. I found this out when I went to go pay my bill today (the 5th). HEY THANKS FOR THE WARNING ON MY NOW OVERDUE ACCOUNT, ASSHATS!

Old
11-05-2012, 08:36 PM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afino View Post
At least they told you.

When I moved, they bumped my bill date up a week and a half, so I technically paid twice for the same service over a week and a half timeframe.

And then they bumped it up another day. Used to be due on the 13th....then the 5th. Now this month apparently it's due on the 4th. I found this out when I went to go pay my bill today (the 5th). HEY THANKS FOR THE WARNING ON MY NOW OVERDUE ACCOUNT, ASSHATS!
Same, I moved and my bill magically went up $25. They're also charging me to rent a router that I don't even have (I use my own).

Old
11-05-2012, 11:49 PM
cybresabre
Zemgus!

vCash: 723
Send a message via ICQ to cybresabre
Time Warner is a terrible company.

Old
11-06-2012, 12:32 AM
Old Navy Goat

I received the shock of my life today getting a msg on facebook from an old partner in crime. This guy and I had partied, chased women and raised hell on 4 different continents until he left the service in the late 90s due to health issues with his parents and needing to take over the old farm.

Not having talked to him since he left the service or bothered checking his facebook page, I asked him if he'd be interested in a trip down South to 'relive' our youth if he could get away from the farm for a few weeks. He replied back that he no longer partakes in that as he's now following a new path but said we should keep in contact. Perplexed, I decided to check out his facebook page and 'bam' he's now married with a newborn, and is an ordained minister with his own ministry in Guatemala.

I figured, he was married and living the domesticated life with the hogs, chickens and crap that his family raised for Perdue and Jimmy Dean. I would of never figured that someone that knew every sleaze bar, strip club and brothel in over a dozen countries would ever take up the cloth. I was so depressed I went to the brass pole palace and had a medicinal shot in memory of the wild times we used to have.

Think I'm getting too old and maybe need to grow up one of these days.

Old
11-06-2012, 07:16 AM
oldgoalie
In rebuild hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Navy Goat View Post
I received the shock of my life today getting a msg on facebook from an old partner in crime. This guy and I had partied, chased women and raised hell on 4 different continents until he left the service in the late 90s due to health issues with his parents and needing to take over the old farm.

Not having talked to him since he left the service or bothered checking his facebook page, I asked him if he'd be interested in a trip down South to 'relive' our youth if he could get away from the farm for a few weeks. He replied back that he no longer partakes in that as he's now following a new path but said we should keep in contact. Perplexed, I decided to check out his facebook page and 'bam' he's now married with a newborn, and is an ordained minister with his own ministry in Guatemala.

I figured, he was married and living the domesticated life with the hogs, chickens and crap that his family raised for Perdue and Jimmy Dean. I would of never figured that someone that knew every sleaze bar, strip club and brothel in over a dozen countries would ever take up the cloth. I was so depressed I went to the brass pole palace and had a medicinal shot in memory of the wild times we used to have.

Think I'm getting too old and maybe need to grow up one of these days.
Don't do it, Chief. Growing up ain't all it's cracked up to be.

Old
11-06-2012, 08:58 AM
Clock

The most important thing taking place tonight is that I'm going to be eating PK's homemade lasagna.

Closed Thread