HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Guess what? You're not funny.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-09-2012, 06:21 PM
  #426
Duddy
Everyday is
 
Duddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: Austria
Posts: 10,427
vCash: 500
Bananarama

Duddy is offline  
Old
11-09-2012, 07:30 PM
  #427
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere
 
BackGroundMusic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Country: Germany
Posts: 24,714
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GirgsAndGrigs View Post
I haven't seen some of those movies since I was maybe 8. I remember liking them and am anxious to see how they stand up. John Cusack is one of my favorite actors though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Navy Goat View Post
Arrrgh, I have lost all hope for the younger generation. One of my neighbors who sells medical grade opticals for lasers has had a fairly last minute business trip come up for Zurich next week and has decided to take the family with him; unfortunately for him it conflicts with an Aerosmith concert / meet & greet package for next week. He's asked me if I wanted to get the tickets from him at a huge discount, since he has four tickets I asked him if I could have an hour or so to see if I can line up company. First couple girls I called had no idea who Aerosmith was, when I mentioned Steven Tyler, they were the judge from American Idol...they thought he was a record producer as I guess his impromptu singing doesn't appeal to them. All of them said they'd go as they know I'll do it in style, but still I don't think it'll be that good of a time with them.
Aerosmith singles, in order of awesome:

Dream On


Everything else


Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcy Regier View Post
Who has the best pizza and wings in the Buffalo/ Niagara Falls area?


That's....so tough.


Quote:
Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs View Post
Re: title

You talking about cake?
It must be. Glad[os] I could help.

BackGroundMusic is offline  
Old
11-09-2012, 08:18 PM
  #428
CriminallyVu1gar
LGBTerrific
 
CriminallyVu1gar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 832
vCash: 500
I like Gabriel's Gate, both for the wings and for the atmosphere. It's a little cozier than the Anchor Bar and Duffs I think, less well known, and more out of the way.

CriminallyVu1gar is offline  
Old
11-09-2012, 08:34 PM
  #429
brian_griffin
Measured Intangibles
 
brian_griffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Z4QQQ batman symbol
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 6,724
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Navy Goat View Post
Arrrgh, I have lost all hope for the younger generation. One of my neighbors who sells medical grade opticals for lasers has had a fairly last minute business trip come up for Zurich next week and has decided to take the family with him; unfortunately for him it conflicts with an Aerosmith concert / meet & greet package for next week. He's asked me if I wanted to get the tickets from him at a huge discount, since he has four tickets I asked him if I could have an hour or so to see if I can line up company. First couple girls I called had no idea who Aerosmith was, when I mentioned Steven Tyler, they were the judge from American Idol...they thought he was a record producer as I guess his impromptu singing doesn't appeal to them. All of them said they'd go as they know I'll do it in style, but still I don't think it'll be that good of a time with them.
I may be in Austin 1st wk of December for business & a quick diversion afterwards to pick up '74 MB 450SL convertible. Are you in Austin area? Dare I risk my life / liver / sanity / virginity playing Tatoo to your Mr. Rourke for a day / night?

brian_griffin is offline  
Old
11-09-2012, 08:38 PM
  #430
CriminallyVu1gar
LGBTerrific
 
CriminallyVu1gar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 832
vCash: 500
Man you guys would hate me, I can't stand most classic rock.

CriminallyVu1gar is offline  
Old
11-09-2012, 08:53 PM
  #431
Rebuild
Registered User
 
Rebuild's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Buffalo
Country: United States
Posts: 1,446
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CriminallyVu1gar View Post
I like Gabriel's Gate, both for the wings and for the atmosphere. It's a little cozier than the Anchor Bar and Duffs I think, less well known, and more out of the way.


If you can tear yourself away from the wings, I'm addicted to their chicken sandwiched. Decent fish fry too.


Last edited by Rebuild: 11-09-2012 at 09:35 PM. Reason: spelling
Rebuild is offline  
Old
11-09-2012, 09:07 PM
  #432
vcv
Moderator
Deal with it
 
vcv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Williamsville, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 13,508
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to vcv
I've fallen in love with the wings at Mattina's in Williamsville. Pizza there sucks though.

vcv is offline  
Old
11-09-2012, 09:27 PM
  #433
aceface33
Registered User
 
aceface33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Herkimer, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 8,030
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
This can not be said enough. Tasty beverage.
Brewery tour invite is extended to you as well Chain. Cooperstown is a fun place to visit.

Best "Buffalo style" (not sure that's actually a thing) pizza is Bocce's, best regular pizza is Casa di Pizza.

aceface33 is offline  
Old
11-09-2012, 09:28 PM
  #434
CriminallyVu1gar
LGBTerrific
 
CriminallyVu1gar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 832
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by two Tylers now View Post
If you can tear yourself away from the wings...
Now that's just crazy talk.

CriminallyVu1gar is offline  
Old
11-09-2012, 10:26 PM
  #435
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon
 
WhoIsJimBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Rochester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 16,653
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian_griffin View Post
Alumnus? My younger sister was there in '86. She was a Phi Mu, or as they were affectionately called, Phi Moo.

Was that the change of the NYS legal drinking age from 18 to 21 ? I'm thinking that's the final Jeopardy answer.
TEP LPE Spring '93.


WhoIsJimBob is offline  
Old
11-09-2012, 10:30 PM
  #436
Afino
The Juice
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Orchard Park, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 21,340
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vcv View Post
I've fallen in love with the wings at Mattina's in Williamsville. Pizza there sucks though.
My favorite place growing up as a kid was Martino's on Transit, by where the Wegmans is now (near Losson). They've been closed for quite a while though now

Nowadays it's the French Pub. Sundays Weck 'N Wings buffet....guhhhhhhhhhhh.....

Afino is offline  
Old
11-09-2012, 11:02 PM
  #437
Old Navy Goat
Registered User
 
Old Navy Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Sin City Philippines
Country: United States
Posts: 6,183
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian_griffin View Post
I may be in Austin 1st wk of December for business & a quick diversion afterwards to pick up '74 MB 450SL convertible. Are you in Austin area? Dare I risk my life / liver / sanity / virginity playing Tatoo to your Mr. Rourke for a day / night?
I'm actually in San Antonio...Austin is an hour and change away, though with the new toll road and the 75mph speed limit I could see how fast I can zip up there in the AC Cobra or California.

Your liver would be alright as, except for my memorial shot the other night, I haven't had a drink in a couple years, I won't make any promises about your sanity or virginity as Austin is a college town and it has quite a few very nice brass pole palaces.

Old Navy Goat is offline  
Old
11-10-2012, 11:13 AM
  #438
Burgmania
PA Guy Of The Future
 
Burgmania's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Orleans County
Country: United States
Posts: 4,317
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Burgmania Send a message via MSN to Burgmania
ONG, you're talking about TX 130-Toll that just opened between IH-10 & TX 45-Toll, right?




Burgmania is offline  
Old
11-10-2012, 02:17 PM
  #439
Old Navy Goat
Registered User
 
Old Navy Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Sin City Philippines
Country: United States
Posts: 6,183
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgmania View Post
ONG, you're talking about TX 130-Toll that just opened between IH-10 & TX 45-Toll, right?



Yep...looking at my post I fat fingered 75 when it should have been 85, hell most of the freeways are 70 in Texas now so not much use in paying for an extra 5 legal mph. I just won't be like a former client that used to scoot along in his Ford GT at 125mph + until he got stopped.

Old Navy Goat is offline  
Old
11-10-2012, 06:32 PM
  #440
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon
 
WhoIsJimBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Rochester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 16,653
vCash: 500
My big guy had a goal in his second straight game skating up. This one was one of those where you throw it at the net and it goes in. He had a delayed reaction to it and didn't really realize that he scored for a second.

We went on to win 8-2 and improved to 3-1-1 on the season.

If we get these kids passing and playing more as a team offensively, they'll be really good towards the end of the season.

WhoIsJimBob is offline  
Old
11-10-2012, 08:27 PM
  #441
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe
 
New Sabres Captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 39,514
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegomyLeggio View Post
My big guy had a goal in his second straight game skating up. This one was one of those where you throw it at the net and it goes in. He had a delayed reaction to it and didn't really realize that he scored for a second.

We went on to win 8-2 and improved to 3-1-1 on the season.

If we get these kids passing and playing more as a team offensively, they'll be really good towards the end of the season.
You should post GBUs for each game here.

New Sabres Captain is offline  
Old
11-10-2012, 08:41 PM
  #442
Taro Tsujimoto
2 Sam(my)s, 1 avatar
 
Taro Tsujimoto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Clarence Center, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,273
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Taro Tsujimoto
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs View Post
You should post GBUs for each game here.
Good: My kid

Bad: The other kids

Ugly: The other team


Taro Tsujimoto is online now  
Old
11-10-2012, 11:19 PM
  #443
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere
 
BackGroundMusic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Country: Germany
Posts: 24,714
vCash: 500

BackGroundMusic is offline  
Old
11-10-2012, 11:34 PM
  #444
Duddy
Everyday is
 
Duddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: Austria
Posts: 10,427
vCash: 500
She says baby
It's 5:34 am I must be lonely
When she says baby
Well I can't help but be scared of it all sometimes
Says the rain's gonna wash away I believe it


bananarama

Duddy is offline  
Old
11-10-2012, 11:51 PM
  #445
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon
 
WhoIsJimBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Rochester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 16,653
vCash: 500
G: Winning big

B: Too many puck hogs on our team

U: The other team's dad that melted down in the penalty box

WhoIsJimBob is offline  
Old
11-11-2012, 12:30 AM
  #446
Taro Tsujimoto
2 Sam(my)s, 1 avatar
 
Taro Tsujimoto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Clarence Center, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,273
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Taro Tsujimoto
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegomyLeggio View Post
G: Winning big

B: Too many puck hogs on our team

U: The other team's dad that melted down in the penalty box
That's what you get for picking Engblom:



Should've gone with Melrose.

Taro Tsujimoto is online now  
Old
11-11-2012, 02:39 AM
  #447
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 18,382
vCash: 476
For the pizza and wings thing I liked Surfside in Hamburg. But they've been closed for years. I like Duff's the one in Orchard Park. Santora's isn't bad either.

Silence Of The Plams is offline  
Old
11-11-2012, 09:19 AM
  #448
Afino
The Juice
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Orchard Park, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 21,340
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duddy View Post
She says baby
It's 5:34 am I must be lonely
When she says baby
Well I can't help but be scared of it all sometimes
Says the rain's gonna wash away I believe it


bananarama
Great song.

Afino is offline  
Old
11-11-2012, 01:17 PM
  #449
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck
 
SackTastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 5,114
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CriminallyVu1gar View Post
I like Gabriel's Gate, both for the wings and for the atmosphere. It's a little cozier than the Anchor Bar and Duffs I think, less well known, and more out of the way.
Although I agree with you on GG, this is TOTALLY a hipster comment. :p

SackTastic is offline  
Old
11-11-2012, 03:28 PM
  #450
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 18,382
vCash: 476
Where can a man go to find buffalo chicken wing soup in lancaster?

Silence Of The Plams is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:54 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.