HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > NCAA, CIS, and other college
NCAA, CIS, and other college Discuss college/university news, players, leagues, games, and tournaments.

Notre Dame

Old
10-09-2012, 09:14 AM
GUYMAN

vCash: 500
Notre Dame

Anyone out there a fan of the Fighting Irish program?

GUYMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2012, 01:10 PM
Slowe

Not a true fan but I check up on them every once in a while. I'm an Illini fan without a (D1) team. Wisconsin and Notre Dame seem to pull in a decent amount of Illinois players so I like to keep tabs. Enough so that I picked up some tickets for the Hockey City Classic outdoor game.

Should be a good year, though it sucks Lucia was injured. Tynan's another year older and should only improve. He and Lee were voted as two of the top three CCHA forwards by CCHA coaches. USCHO also has Notre Dame at number two in their CCHA preview recently. Should be an interesting last year before moving to Hockey East.

Slowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2012, 01:35 PM
Oilers Chick
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUYMAN View Post
Anyone out there a fan of the Fighting Irish program?
Love the Fighting Irish. Then again I love all the D-I teams!

Good luck against Maine tonight. Should be a great game.

Oilers Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2012, 05:10 AM
Hossa

What kind of ice time should Fogarty get to start off the year?

Hossa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2012, 11:13 AM
Oilers Chick
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hossa View Post
What kind of ice time should Fogarty get to start off the year?
Well in last night's game, he centered Notre Dame's third line with Herr and Nugent. Fogarty wasn't all that noticeable, even though I thought he played well. But it's only the first game too.

One Notre Dame player that I was really impressed with was Thomas Di Pauli. Love his speed and he seems to use it really well.

Anders Lee looked like a horse out there. He's stronger (if that's even possible) and the Maine defenders really had a hard time moving him off the puck.

For Maine, the player that really caught my attention was Devin Shore. This kid looks like he's going to be a keeper. Great along the wall and is remarkably strong for a freshman.

I really love Joey Diamond, but he really needs to play with more discipline and set an example for the youngsters. He's the captain. I love the fact that Joey plays with a lot of tenacity, but he just needs to keep his emotions more in check.

I realize that it's very early here, but how much do you all think that Maine misses Spencer Abbott?

Old
10-13-2012, 11:24 AM
herbst20

I follow the Irish a lil bit with former Roughriders Costello, Beers, and Mike Johnson on the roster. Costello was one of my favorite players during his time here!

herbst20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2012, 11:59 AM
Oilers Chick
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbst20 View Post
I follow the Irish a lil bit with former Roughriders Costello, Beers, and Mike Johnson on the roster. Costello was one of my favorite players during his time here!
Costello didn't play last night. He's out with some undisclosed injury. Doubt he'll be playing vs. UNO in tonight's Icebreaker Championship game. Here's to Jeff's speedy recovery.

Old
10-31-2012, 09:13 PM
ChiGuySez
2013 SC Champions

Blackhawks hoping Stephen Johns will sign and provide size and strength on a diminutive Blackhawk blueline. Dire need of a big shutdown RD with and edge. RD prospect depth is thin. Olsen is a stiff.

Props to all the hometown boys from the Chicagoland area.

ChiGuySez is offline   Reply With Quote