HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

How do you play the game?

Old
12-24-2012, 08:09 PM
Blue Regime

vCash: 500
I prefer playing forward. I'm not the fastest skater but I'm pretty big, have good hands and a solid wrist shot. I like to sit in front of the net and deflect shots from the point, put home rebounds, and occasionally work from behind the net and use my hands to either deke around defensemen or set up my wingers.

Since I'm one of the better skaters on my team though, I generally play defense. I'm definitely a very offensive-minded defenseman, though. I take shots from the point and will also pinch frequently.

Blue Regime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2012, 10:51 PM
ds4130

Small (5'6" 155lbs), very energetic, fast and defensively responsible center. Pretty good skater. My best asset is my speed or shot. I have a pretty hard, accurate wrist shot.

However on ice, I think I'm the worst person to play the game. I just made the switch from roller to ice and I can't skate at all which kills my confidence, and than I don't want to try anythign.

ds4130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2012, 01:21 AM
reecardo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds4130 View Post
Small (5'6" 155lbs), very energetic, fast and defensively responsible center. Pretty good skater. My best asset is my speed or shot. I have a pretty hard, accurate wrist shot.

However on ice, I think I'm the worst person to play the game. I just made the switch from roller to ice and I can't skate at all which kills my confidence, and than I don't want to try anythign.
First off, Happy Holidays. Secondly, keep skating! The motor skill will come easier to you as you have a good frame of reference, and the hockey skills obviously transfer more immediately. Try hitting open skates and what not to get more comfortable on the ice.

reecardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2012, 01:39 AM
CanucksSayEh

I just goon it up.

CanucksSayEh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2012, 02:26 AM
Lonny Bohonos
Kassian = P.A.G.A.N

Normally i play wing either side but last game i played center. Took a while to get used to. On occassion i play dman which i started to do last year and that took some getting used to.

Im pretty decent positionally but i suck at skating. Lol

Lonny Bohonos is offline   Reply With Quote