HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > The Lounge
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Lounge "...Where the parking lot of the Igloo meets the concourse of the Nassau County Coliseum and the bathroom line of the Skyreach..." - Wickedbsfan

Useless Thread CXCVII : Heel ColePens Depreciation Thread

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-31-2012, 11:45 PM
  #101
Hugh Mann*
Hey! Hey! You! You!
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New Westminster, BC
Country: Greenland
Posts: 17,514
vCash: 500
So many mods.

Hugh Mann* is offline  
Old
10-31-2012, 11:46 PM
  #102
JustGivingEr
How far we done fell
 
JustGivingEr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Hamsterdam
Country: Canada
Posts: 26,058
vCash: 1125
Going to bed.

Take it sleazy and I'm out.

JustGivingEr is offline  
Old
10-31-2012, 11:47 PM
  #103
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,156
vCash: 500
I hate hearing celebrities that use like,uh, and um in their conversations

Krishna is offline  
Old
10-31-2012, 11:49 PM
  #104
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,156
vCash: 500
Also hate when people from the suburbs of philadelphia say they are from philadelphia.

Krishna is offline  
Old
10-31-2012, 11:49 PM
  #105
Hugh Mann*
Hey! Hey! You! You!
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New Westminster, BC
Country: Greenland
Posts: 17,514
vCash: 500
They are. Philadelphia [metropolitan area].

Hugh Mann* is offline  
Old
10-31-2012, 11:50 PM
  #106
Fel 96
JFC
 
Fel 96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Little Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 56,873
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Mann View Post
So many mods.
Not too many mods in The Lounge though.

Fel 96 is offline  
Old
10-31-2012, 11:54 PM
  #107
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool
 
Colt45Blast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Mexico
Posts: 26,046
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Mann View Post
So many mods.
I remember the days when all of the mods would be patroling the playoff section and others would get away with so much crap in the lounge. Hell, we would fill another UT before the prevous one got locked in those times as well.


My how times have changed.

Colt45Blast is offline  
Old
10-31-2012, 11:54 PM
  #108
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,156
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Mann View Post
They are. Philadelphia [metropolitan area].
no, they aren't.

Bucks county is not philadelphia as much as Prongo wants to say.

Krishna is offline  
Old
10-31-2012, 11:55 PM
  #109
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,156
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
I remember the days when all of the mods would be patroling the playoff section and others would get away with so much crap in the lounge. Hell, we would fill another UT before the prevous one got locked in those times as well.


My how times have changed.
mods should go mod the support forum more.

Krishna is offline  
Old
10-31-2012, 11:57 PM
  #110
Hugh Mann*
Hey! Hey! You! You!
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New Westminster, BC
Country: Greenland
Posts: 17,514
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
no, they aren't.

Bucks county is not philadelphia as much as Prongo wants to say.
http://www.philadelphiafed.org/resea...efinitions.cfm

Philadelphia-Camden-Wilmington, PA-NJ-DE-MD
Camden, NJ Metropolitan Division

Burlington Country, NJ
Camden County, NJ
Gloucester County, NJ

Philadelphia, PA Metropolitan Division

Bucks County, PA
Chester County, PA
Delaware County, PA
Montgomery County, PA
Philadelphia County, PA

Wilmington, DE-MD-NJ

New Castle County,DE
Cecil County, MD
Salem County, NJ



Uncle Sam says otherwise.

Hugh Mann* is offline  
Old
11-01-2012, 12:00 AM
  #111
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,156
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Mann View Post
http://www.philadelphiafed.org/resea...efinitions.cfm

Philadelphia-Camden-Wilmington, PA-NJ-DE-MD
Camden, NJ Metropolitan Division

Burlington Country, NJ
Camden County, NJ
Gloucester County, NJ

Philadelphia, PA Metropolitan Division

Bucks County, PA
Chester County, PA
Delaware County, PA
Montgomery County, PA
Philadelphia County, PA

Wilmington, DE-MD-NJ

New Castle County,DE
Cecil County, MD
Salem County, NJ



Uncle Sam says otherwise.
uncle sam is wrong.

That area would probably be about the size of Massachusetts. Philadelphia is a city. Once you get out of Philadelphia county, its no longer philadelphia

Krishna is offline  
Old
11-01-2012, 12:02 AM
  #112
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,156
vCash: 500
It's like people from London saying they are from Toronto.

or people from Kamloops or Kelowna saying they are from Vancouver

Krishna is offline  
Old
11-01-2012, 12:03 AM
  #113
Hugh Mann*
Hey! Hey! You! You!
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New Westminster, BC
Country: Greenland
Posts: 17,514
vCash: 500
No it isn't. It's like people from New Westminster saying they're from Vancouver. The Vancouver metro area. When people say that, they don't usually just refer to the city itself but also to the surrounding area. So simple a concept.

Hugh Mann* is offline  
Old
11-01-2012, 12:04 AM
  #114
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,156
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Mann View Post
No it isn't. It's like people from New Westminster saying they're from Vancouver. The Vancouver metro area. When people say that, they don't usually just refer to the city itself but also to the surrounding area. So simple a concept.
Philadelphia is not a metropolitan area. It's a city.

Krishna is offline  
Old
11-01-2012, 12:04 AM
  #115
Swedish Puck Mafia
Break The HeMan Down
 
Swedish Puck Mafia's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 28,228
vCash: 50
Oh my god.

Who cares

Swedish Puck Mafia is offline  
Old
11-01-2012, 12:07 AM
  #116
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,156
vCash: 500
If you're from New Westminster, you are from New Westminster. Not vancouver

Krishna is offline  
Old
11-01-2012, 12:07 AM
  #117
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,156
vCash: 500
No country for old men is on Bravo

Krishna is offline  
Old
11-01-2012, 12:09 AM
  #118
Finnish your Czech
leafs are in the pla
 
Finnish your Czech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Finland
Posts: 45,058
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
It's like people from London saying they are from Toronto.

or people from Kamloops or Kelowna saying they are from Vancouver
Google maps says that it's more like Toronto to Hamilton, and many people from Hamilton say they are from Toronto.

Finnish your Czech is offline  
Old
11-01-2012, 12:09 AM
  #119
Hugh Mann*
Hey! Hey! You! You!
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New Westminster, BC
Country: Greenland
Posts: 17,514
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish Puck Mafia View Post
Oh my god.

Who cares
You know, I think you're onto something.

Hugh Mann* is offline  
Old
11-01-2012, 12:10 AM
  #120
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,156
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnish your Czech View Post
Google maps says that it's more like Toronto to Hamilton, and many people from Hamilton say they are from Toronto.
But they aren't from Toronto. They are from Hamilton.

It's like people from Hoboken saying they are from NYC

Krishna is offline  
Old
11-01-2012, 12:10 AM
  #121
Finnish your Czech
leafs are in the pla
 
Finnish your Czech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Finland
Posts: 45,058
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
If you're from New Westminster, you are from New Westminster. Not vancouver
If I lived just outside of Toronto, and someone who doesn't know much about the GTA asked me where I lived, I'd say that I lived in Toronto. Not many people know where Markham, Hamilton, etc are.

Finnish your Czech is offline  
Old
11-01-2012, 12:10 AM
  #122
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,156
vCash: 500
Colepens, what are your thoughts on this.

Krishna is offline  
Old
11-01-2012, 12:10 AM
  #123
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior
 
ColePens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 34,569
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ColePens
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
thirdmanin has a lot of posts in here right now
That's a good thing.

ColePens is offline  
Old
11-01-2012, 12:11 AM
  #124
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,156
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnish your Czech View Post
If I lived just outside of Toronto, and someone who doesn't know much about the GTA asked me where I lived, I'd say that I lived in Toronto. Not many people know where Markham, Hamilton, etc are.
"I'm from Markham. It's right outside of Toronto"

Krishna is offline  
Old
11-01-2012, 12:12 AM
  #125
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior
 
ColePens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 34,569
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ColePens
I played a team out of Bucks County when I played juniors and had family that lived in Philly. It's the same as any city where the suburbs and outer limits count as the city. I would say yes, even though it's not directly in the city.

ColePens is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:33 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.