HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Brandon Bollig

Old
01-08-2013, 05:22 PM
Bruise Bros 2426

vCash: 500
Brandon Bollig

Will he have a roster spot with the Blackhawks this season? He's been having a good year in Rockford. 35 GP, 9 points, and 157 penalty minutes. Q seemed to like the snarl he brought to the 4th line last season. How many games do you folks see him playing? Or will he stay in Rockford all season?

Bruise Bros 2426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 05:27 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
He's likely our spare forward and plays half the games, little less

DisgruntledHawkFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 05:27 PM
Cullksinikers

Probably will be the 13th forward.

Cullksinikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 05:30 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

The more I see Bollig fight, the more I see an entertainer, not an enforcer or a 'tough guy'. I mean, he is a tough guy in the sense that he fights and fights often.. but there never seems to be any emotion to his fights, they almost always seem staged.. and he always seems to pat the guy on the back of the head after a fight, like "we put on a good show".. I guess what I'm trying to say is, I don't think Bollig is going to be the type of guy that jumps in after Kane, Toews or Hossa takes a big/dirty hit.. not like a Carcillo, Eager or Burish would or even John Scott, whenever he was on the ice and a big hit happened (like on Kruger last year).

I think Bollig will be on the team, because he does fight, but he's not going to be in the important or meaningful fights.. he's going to be in the fights against the likes of Ryan Reaves, at centre ice, right after a puck drop.

HockeySensible is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 05:38 PM
BobbyJet

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
The more I see Bollig fight, the more I see an entertainer, not an enforcer or a 'tough guy'. I mean, he is a tough guy in the sense that he fights and fights often.. but there never seems to be any emotion to his fights, they almost always seem staged.. and he always seems to pat the guy on the back of the head after a fight, like "we put on a good show".. I guess what I'm trying to say is, I don't think Bollig is going to be the type of guy that jumps in after Kane, Toews or Hossa takes a big/dirty hit.. not like a Carcillo, Eager or Burish would or even John Scott, whenever he was on the ice and a big hit happened (like on Kruger last year).

I think Bollig will be on the team, because he does fight, but he's not going to be in the important or meaningful fights.. he's going to be in the fights against the likes of Ryan Reaves, at centre ice, right after a puck drop.
I agree. I'm fine with spontaneous fights in hockey and I want it to stay to keep players honest ... but this staged fighting is just plain stupid and if fighting ever does get banned from the NHL that will be a major reason. Any fight that is not obviously from the heat of battle on the ice (in the game being played, not the past) should result in a game misconduct. This is not the WWE.

As for Bollig: as I said in another thread, he and Paradis were two of the better Ice Hogs on the night I attended. We can use his toughness but as Hoss alluded to, he needs to play his role properly and keep the opps players honest, not simply look for another tough guy and fight him. That accomplishes nothing.

BobbyJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 06:34 PM
DayNah
Ship it donk!

I like his constant ribbing on Bryan Bickell on Twitter.

DayNah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 06:39 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:

He tuned up Ryan reaves twice last year who was always running at our guys

Illinihockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 06:47 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
He tuned up Ryan reaves twice last year who was always running at our guys
And Ryan Reaves will forever be an idiot.. but Bollig wasn't fighting Reaves in response to taking runs at players, he was fighting him because he wanted to fight in St.Louis and Reaves was willing to oblige.. again, look back, and I'm positive you'll see Bollig tap Reaves on the back of the head; that's not something you do if you're sticking up for a teammate or trying to send a message.

So, first fight was for show and the second was in response to Mayers recieving a big hit.

HockeySensible is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 06:50 PM
BBSeabs27
#freeseabs

Quote:

I disagree. He went after Torres immediately after he realized what happend to Hossa and ended up getting a game misconduct penalty, while that ******* torres didn't even get a single minute.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...X7LqBGo4#t=14s

Video of the hit/plays afterwards.

BBSeabs27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 06:55 PM
brtriad

Send a message via AIM to brtriad
Hope so. He's a mucker who can play a little bit. I've also heard from a few puck sloots that he's a popular guy in the locker room along with Shaw.

brtriad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 06:58 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:
And Ryan Reaves will forever be an idiot.. but Bollig wasn't fighting Reaves in response to taking runs at players, he was fighting him because he wanted to fight in St.Louis and Reaves was willing to oblige.. again, look back, and I'm positive you'll see Bollig tap Reaves on the back of the head; that's not something you do if you're sticking up for a teammate or trying to send a message.

So, first fight was for show and the second was in response to Mayers recieving a big hit.
So one of those fights is exactly what you claim he didn't do. He fought Schenn after a hit, Clifford jumped him, when he fought Stoner it was because Bollig was going after Heatley who was being an a hole. Bollig gets his role

Illinihockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 07:08 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Bollig can actually play a bit and he isn't a defenseman. Those are really my only two qualifications for a heavy.

DisgruntledHawkFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 11:26 PM
Oh_so_saad

Quote:
Originally Posted by brtriad View Post
Hope so. He's a mucker who can play a little bit. I've also heard from a few puck sloots that he's a popular guy in the locker room along with Shaw.
I'm incredibly confused by this statement. Are u insinuating they have big dinks?

Oh_so_saad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 01:56 AM
ClydeLee

I don't see a use for Bolig to be kept on the NHL roster when Carcillo is healthy/not suspended.

ClydeLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 05:19 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Bollig shouldn't be in the NHL... unless Carcillo & others are out again

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 07:40 AM
HawkeyLife07

Bollig is one of the most overrated players on the squad. I love that he's willing to fight and that he is a good locker room guy. But, he's not a very good hockey player. Nothing wrong with him being an Adam Burish type though, who keeps the guys light.

HawkeyLife07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 08:59 AM
brtriad

Send a message via AIM to brtriad
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsokwehavkrueger View Post
I'm incredibly confused by this statement. Are u insinuating they have big dinks?
Not sure how you got that. They are well liked and hang out with their teammates from Rockford and Chicago. One of the things that was so special about the cup winning team was the cohesiveness on and off the ice. It can't be underestimated.

brtriad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 04:59 PM
Oh_so_saad

Quote:
Originally Posted by brtriad View Post
Not sure how you got that. They are well liked and hang out with their teammates from Rockford and Chicago. One of the things that was so special about the cup winning team was the cohesiveness on and off the ice. It can't be underestimated.
you mentioned puck sloots how do they come into play on this?

Oh_so_saad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 01:37 AM
icekoob

Transitioned well to the NHL. Well needed grit that our team lacks too. Hope he's got a spot.

icekoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 07:25 AM
stingo

He provides us some much needed grit. I'm a fan. I think he'll earn a spot as our 13th forward.

stingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 11:20 AM
TwistedWrister90

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingo View Post
He provides us some much needed grit. I'm a fan. I think he'll earn a spot as our 13th forward.
Agreed. Mayers and Carcillo are tough, but Bollig throws some of the biggest haymakers in the league.

TwistedWrister90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 11:22 AM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
He's a good guy to have to call up, but I don't think we should have him in the lineup as a regular.

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 11:30 AM
Spectra
Registered boozer

Still haven't quite forgiven him for losing his most important fight last year, against Bissonette in the playoffs. But I suppose he'll do as an extra forward.

Spectra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 11:30 AM
TwistedWrister90

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
He's a good guy to have to call up, but I don't think we should have him in the lineup as a regular.
Yeah he'd be a good 13th forward for when the Hawks are playing a tougher team or feel like kicking some Canuck ass

TwistedWrister90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 11:34 AM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
Quote:
Originally Posted by nds90 View Post
Yeah he'd be a good 13th forward for when the Hawks are playing a tougher team or feel like kicking some Canuck ass
Yeah, I agree and am fine with that. However, if we are going on a road trip and we aren't playing one of those teams, I think the team would be better served to carry someone more skilled like Smith for example, in case someone gets hurt. Bollig should find himself in 20-30 games. I'd play him every game against St. Louis, some Vancouver, Phoenix, possibly Anaheim, like you said, the tougher teams where we might need to send a message so they don't run our stars.

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote