HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

KHL (Kontinental Hockey League) 2012-2013 season part II

Closed Thread

Old
12-23-2012, 10:09 AM
Atas2000

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acallabeth View Post
He's not even that small, he just wan't trusted.
Well, he's small enough. And his case isn't unique. Just look at the M.St.Louis' story. If he can establish himself in Khabarovsk he could get an invite from Tampa next season or even get traded again before the deadline in the KHL.

Old
12-23-2012, 11:24 AM
BalticWarrior

Mikelis Redlihs could be traded from Yaroslavl to some other team,appearently coach isnt happy with his performance http://lifesports.ru/news/108706

Old
12-23-2012, 01:08 PM
Ryker

Just finished watching Donbass - Avangard, and I have to say it was much more entertaining than the two previous games I saw (Slovan - Salavat, Lev Praha - Salavat). More open, better passing, and just a more cohesive game in general. So my faith in KHL has been renewed

As a sidenote, Donbass's home jerseys are absolutely beautiful.

Old
12-23-2012, 01:45 PM
Tatanik

Send a message via MSN to Tatanik
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atas2000 View Post
Just read the comment below your post and you get a picture of your objectivity.
Well the referees have been consistently terrible. I know for a fact that Dinamo Minsk have already requested there to be more non-Russian officials in their games against Russian clubs.

Some of the calls I've seen in the five KHL games I've went to live this year have been mystifying.

Old
12-23-2012, 01:57 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatanik View Post
Well the referees have been consistently terrible. I know for a fact that Dinamo Minsk have already requested there to be more non-Russian officials in their games against Russian clubs.

Some of the calls I've seen in the five KHL games I've went to live this year have been mystifying.
please stop crying over bad calls. I am tired of hearing the same crap from Slovan´s players, fans etc. Amateurish and unprofesional behaviour.

I have solution for you and others. If you dont like refs, dont watch KHL. If Slovan does not like refs, go out from KHL. If players dont like refs, play other league.

HC LEV Prague has no problem with refs, it is also non-russian club. So? The problem is in minds of Slovan´s fans/players.

Old
12-23-2012, 02:04 PM
Tatanik

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
please stop crying over bad calls. I am tired of hearing the same crap from Slovan´s players, fans etc. Amateurish and unprofesional behaviour.

I have solution for you and others. If you dont like refs, dont watch KHL. If Slovan does not like refs, go out from KHL. If players dont like refs, play other league.

HC LEV Prague has no problem with refs, it is also non-russian club. So? The problem is in minds of Slovan´s fans/players.
Looool. Okay, sure, I'll listen to your reasoned opinion.

I've watched enough hockey this year to know what the difference is between a good and a bad call. I agree that a lot of Slovan fans go over the top, but I'm not going to discard what I have seen MYSELF. For me, it's the lack of consistency in what gets called more than anything.

Old
12-23-2012, 02:12 PM
Atas2000

Quote:

That request was stupid. DMn are whiners. They get the same reffing as everybody but look for some russian conspiracy. I would support the idea of whatever refs they want just to show them they are just bad at hockey. The reffing might be not perfect, but it's the same for everybody. And btw there are always also some bad calls in the NHL. So what? I just don't see that conspiracy anywhere. I've watched some Slovan games now and I don't get why some slovak fans are picking on the refs. Slovan's consistent hooking, pulling and grabbing dangerously close to a penalty is just there. Some refs make it a call, some don't.

Last edited by Atas2000: 12-23-2012 at 02:18 PM.
Old
12-23-2012, 02:33 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Tatanik
I recommend you to not watch KHL anymore. it is better for you.

Atas2000
As you said, refs are not perfect but fans of Slovan have been complaining all the time. I would understand the complains, if there was any ratio. But... If you ask them where/why this is bad call, you gets answer: "because f g russians are against Slovan". :/ Shame.

I am sure you read interview of Visnovsky today... there is more such statements of Slovan players in slovak media. Ridiculous and sad.

Some people here dont realise Slovan does not play slovak league anymore. You know, Slovan had "help" of refs in slovak league. Now, in KHL, it is not possible to bribe refs.

Old
12-23-2012, 02:51 PM
Faterson

Quote:
Well the referees have been consistently terrible.
I can't agree with that. The refereeing in most Slovan games I've seen was fine. It may be a coincidence, but especially whenever the Finnish referee Rönn was involved, the refereeing was solid. On the opposing end, the worst KHL referee I've seen so far, must be Deev from Moscow. I hope Slovan can avoid him from now forever. (In his portfolio: Dinamo Minsk vs. Slovan, Slovan vs. Astana.) Also, the KHL at least twice officially recognized heavy referee mistakes in Slovan games, so those complaints aren't entirely out of place. In one instance, Igor Radulov scored CSKA's winning goal after Janus got tripped by an opposing forward. In the other instance a few days ago, Kukumberg received a match penalty for an offence that never happened -- the referees just blindly believed the complaining Salavat Yulayev players. Slovan had to spend 5 minutes (!) short-handed -- luckily, Salavat Yulayev players were so flustered they barely had a shot on goal during that stretch.

I don't believe in any consistent pro-Russian bias by the KHL referees. On the other hand, referee complaints (too) often seem justified.

Speaking of Salavat Yulayev, whatever happened to their Finnish goalie in that game in Prague? 19 shots against, and they lose 1-6?

Quote:
HC LEV Prague has no problem with refs, it is also non-russian club. So?
Vorky, it's not the first time that an example you chose to support your argument isn't ideally chosen. I've read lots of Lev complaints about "the Russian referees". Here's a small sample, an early November (admittedly tabloid) article titled, Czech Hockey Players Are Furious: Russian Referees Damaged Us!

http://www.cas.sk/clanok/235627/cesk...poskodili.html

Old
12-23-2012, 02:59 PM
Tatanik

Quote:
Tatanik
I recommend you to not watch KHL anymore. it is better for you.

Some people here dont realise Slovan does not play slovak league anymore. You know, Slovan had "help" of refs in slovak league. Now, in KHL, it is not possible to bribe refs.
Vorky
I'd recommend that you stop living in this fantasy world.

Old
12-23-2012, 03:01 PM
Tatanik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
Speaking of Salavat Yulayev, whatever happened to their Finnish goalie in that game in Prague? 19 shots against, and they lose 1-6?
]
That surprised me too, especially after how well he seemed to do against Slovan! Saying that, Slovan aren't exactly an offensive juggernaut.

Old
12-23-2012, 03:02 PM
vsk92
Alltid IFK

I take it Christmas is on the 25th in Russia, since there are KHL games tomorrow?

Old
12-23-2012, 03:02 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Faterson

make a comparison of Slovan and Lev players... more complains from Slovan.

cas.sk is not serious source

Quote:
Danielsson?

Old
12-23-2012, 03:09 PM
Faterson

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsk92 View Post
I take it Christmas is on the 25th in Russia, since there are KHL games tomorrow?
Christmas in Russia is 2 weeks later! Seriously. They don't recognize the Western calendar for Christmas purposes.

Quote:
Danielsson?
Well, but a saves percentage below 70% in a KHL game is unheard of, even if it was Daniel Alfredsson.

Old
12-23-2012, 03:25 PM
Ryker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
I don't know, I watched the game, and didn't think it was the goalie's fault. I don't remember the goals clearly anymore now, but I also don't remember thinking any of them were his fault. And he didn't look shaky otherwise, Lev just capitalized on their chances and that was pretty much it. Then again, he didn't make any amazing saves, either.

Old
12-23-2012, 04:04 PM
Theokritos

Good or bad calls: If the KHL wants to be a European League, there have to be more non-Russian referees in the future, it can't be avoided.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsk92 View Post
I take it Christmas is on the 25th in Russia
Nope. The Orthodox Church in Russia is still using the Julian calendar (Christmas = January 7), not the Gregorian (Christmas = December 25, not 24 actually!).

Last edited by Theokritos: 12-23-2012 at 05:32 PM. Reason: spelling
Old
12-23-2012, 04:10 PM
Faterson

... but unlike the NHL, there are no free playing days during Russian Christmas, either. Must be hard on players of the visiting teams, because they can't spend the holidays with their families.

Old
12-23-2012, 08:33 PM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

Is there a way to look up players face off percentage, I know the game based one, I just want to know Backstroms, Malkins, and Pavelski.

Just wanna know if Backstrom is tearing it up on the face offs because he's good at it now, or if all the NHL players are doing great.

Old
12-23-2012, 09:00 PM
Faterson

http://en.khl.ru/stat/players/222/skaters/

You can sort by the %FO column. Among those players who regularly take face-offs, Datsyuk currently leads the KHL with 66.1% face-offs won.

Old
12-23-2012, 10:14 PM
Dynamo81

The officiating is poor in general, I don't see a bias just too many clowns. At least the KHL recognizes this and punishes the referees.

Old
12-23-2012, 10:23 PM
Dynamo81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atas2000 View Post
Well, he's small enough. And his case isn't unique. Just look at the M.St.Louis' story. If he can establish himself in Khabarovsk he could get an invite from Tampa next season or even get traded again before the deadline in the KHL.
He needs a couple of good years in the KHL. M.St.Louis was 24 when he played his first full season in the NHL. Datsyuk (I know he is bigger than Gusev) was 23. Gusev is 20, he has the potential to be an elite player just will be a late bloomer IMO.

Old
12-24-2012, 06:49 AM
cska78

Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
I think within 2 years Gusev will be a very good player.

Old
12-24-2012, 07:12 AM
ebis

Being a Slovan fan, even I have to admit that the players tend to whine about the refs too much. Even if they were right, as a professional, you simply don't do that. Not to mention that some of the players even hinted at some bias, which is definitely not true. I've seen many games this season and yes, the refs are horrible sometimes, but that's just incompetence, not any bias or corruption.

But I have to agree with Faterson, I starten noticing the Finnish referee (I always forget his name) some time ago and he has been really solid.

Also, you have to understand that Slovan is owned by a pretty shady, corrupt guy (for example, he is former communist secret service agent who was informing even on his own mother) who is quite influential, and as a result, Slovan has been favored by the refs for years in the Slovak Extraliga. I guess it will just take them (fans included) some time to adapt to the fact that this is not the case anymore. This, I believe, is the reason for Šatan's whining too. He, as a national team captain who brought all the medals to Slovakia, playing for Slovan, was pretty much untouchable in Extraliga and there was an unwritten "no-touching-Šatan" rule. He got used to it and forgot that it won't be like that in KHL.

Old
12-24-2012, 07:43 AM
Helpoing
21st c schizoid man

So, Kari Jalonen is fired and no one on HFBoards cares? Tried to find any sort of discussion on this particular topic, but to no avail.

Was it Syomin or the 9th spot?

EDIT: And Safin. That guy is a coach for MHL-B team.

Old
12-24-2012, 07:58 AM
Faterson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helpoing View Post
So, Kari Jalonen is fired and no one on HFBoards cares? Tried to find any sort of discussion on this particular topic, but to no avail.

Was it Syomin or the 9th spot?
The latter, according to analyses I read. They must be disappointed about being overtaken by all 3 KHL expansion teams in the standings as of the day of the coach's firing.

Closed Thread