HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Notices

Rangers @ Detroit gameday thread

Closed Thread

Old
09-20-2003, 06:27 AM
Vyacheslav
Subdue the East

vCash: 541
Send a message via AIM to Vyacheslav
Rangers @ Detroit gameday thread

I doubt this is going to get many replies, but here's a thread to talk about the pre-season game. I'm not even sure if the game is being televised at this point. I sure hope so. I need some hockey.

I would predict a score, but who can be enough of a genius to guess pre-season scores. Certainly not me.

OMG I MADE A STICKY(I have so been dying to say that)

Old
09-20-2003, 06:35 AM
Grift69

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Grift69 Send a message via MSN to Grift69
1. The Game is being televised.
2. We better get alot of replies
3. Congrats on your first sticky

Theres really no point in predicting scores to these kind of games, I'm just happy that I will finally be able to see a hockey game regardless it being a preseason game. Excited to get my first look at Hudler and Kronwall.

Old
09-20-2003, 07:31 AM
A Good Flying Bird*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grift69
1. The Game is being televised.
2. We better get alot of replies
3. Congrats on your first sticky

Theres really no point in predicting scores to these kind of games, I'm just happy that I will finally be able to see a hockey game regardless it being a preseason game. Excited to get my first look at Hudler and Kronwall.

Hopefully, Hudler and Kronwall play tonight. Both had rough outings yesterday.

Old
09-20-2003, 08:40 AM
Wings80

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.............

LETS GO RED WINGS

LETS GO RED WINGS

LETS GO RED WINGS

LETS GO RED WINGS

LETS GO RED WINGS

LETS GO RED WINGS

i cant wait (NHL 2004 is commin out today for pc too)

WUT A GREAT DAY

Old
09-20-2003, 08:49 AM
Grift69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsguyone
Hopefully, Hudler and Kronwall play tonight. Both had rough outings yesterday.
What happened in the game, I havent been able to read anything yet. Anything would be appreciated.

Old
09-20-2003, 08:51 AM
Shoalzie
It's Not Complicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wings80
i cant wait (NHL 2004 is commin out today for pc too)
Where at? It was my understanding that it hits shelves on Tuesday.

Regardless, it'll be great to see the Wings back in action. I'm eager to see the new faces...Hatcher, Whitney, Hudler, etc. and hopefully see Hasek tonight since Legace and Lamothe played against Washington.

Old
09-20-2003, 08:52 AM
WestMichWingsFan

http://www.freep.com/news/latestnews...1_20030919.htm

Try here

Old
09-20-2003, 08:55 AM
Shoalzie
It's Not Complicated

Quote:
What happened in the game, I havent been able to read anything yet. Anything would be appreciated.
I saw highlights on the Detroit Sports Report and the boxscore is on NHL.com. It doesn't tell me too much...probably just a bad performance. Legace and Lamothe played but Yzerman didn't. I did hear about McCarty hurting his hand in a fight against Rick Berry. Whitney and Rivers scored the two goals.

Old
09-20-2003, 09:12 AM
Wings80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoalzie
Where at? It was my understanding that it hits shelves on Tuesday.

it already came out in some stores in ontario....i heard from 10 ppl that they already have it!

im pretty sure the rest of the copies should be commin 2nite and 2moro mornin

Old
09-20-2003, 10:12 AM
Grift69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoalzie
I saw highlights on the Detroit Sports Report and the boxscore is on NHL.com. It doesn't tell me too much...probably just a bad performance. Legace and Lamothe played but Yzerman didn't. I did hear about McCarty hurting his hand in a fight against Rick Berry. Whitney and Rivers scored the two goals.
Thankyou Sir

Old
09-20-2003, 10:43 AM
A Good Flying Bird*

Quote:
I didn't listen to it or see it, i just read an article in the freepress (freep.com) and got reports from others at board.redwingscentral.com (best Wings board on the net)

Old
09-20-2003, 02:20 PM
Grift69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsguyone
I didn't listen to it or see it, i just read an article in the freepress (freep.com) and got reports from others at board.redwingscentral.com (best Wings board on the net)
I know about RWC I post there too, alright I just didnt have a chance to really look at anything today, so thanks for all the input.

Old
09-20-2003, 02:54 PM
Duff88

Anyone can post the Red Wings lineup with jersey #s?

Old
09-20-2003, 03:26 PM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

So far, Wings aren't lookin too good against NYR. Nedved has a goal and an assist, and Kovalev has two assists. Hasek has had only 9 shots, but let two in(from when i last checked). Markannen has stopped 10 shots from when i last checked. He also had an assist.

Old
09-20-2003, 03:31 PM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksflytogether
So far, Wings aren't lookin too good against NYR. Nedved has a goal and an assist, and Kovalev has two assists. Hasek has had only 9 shots, but let two in(from when i last checked). Markannen has stopped 10 shots from when i last checked. He also had an assist.
Just to add a little. Yzerman almost scored. He hit the left post and the puck went hit the right post and out. Hudler has looked good so far. Kronwall has looked really good jumping up into the play on the PP and taking the open shot.

2nd period just started
Zetts stopped on breakaway

Old
09-20-2003, 04:19 PM
HeHateMeFrisbee

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to HeHateMeFrisbee Send a message via Yahoo to HeHateMeFrisbee
Hoodles with 2 goals
3-2 NYR at end of second.

Old
09-20-2003, 04:24 PM
Winger98
powers combined

Send a message via Yahoo to Winger98
Fischer has looked a bit tentative, but Hudler and Kronwall both look a bit bigger than listed. Neither are huge, by any sense of the imagination, but they don't play small, either.

Old
09-20-2003, 05:19 PM
guinness
those were the days

Hudler has been one of the few Wings that have looked pretty good in this game,I actually like the line of King-Hudler-Williams. I think most other players are still getting used to playing again after a long summer, but it's only the pre-season. Holmstrom got hit pretty good in the second (skating into the NYR zone with his head down, he should know better than that).

Old
09-20-2003, 05:49 PM
PigPen

I loved it when Hudler knocked Kaspiritis on his ass. Not a great hit, but it's good to see Hudler rail a guy like Darius.
Lets hope he gets a chance to play.

Fischer looked like he wanted to absolutely kill Scott after that slashing on him late in the 2nd (or was it early in the 3rd?)
Always a good sign when Fischer is pissed off at somebody on the other team.

Williams looks like he's skating much better than last year and will probably play more than Devereaux if he keeps on improving. He created lots of offensive chances, one of which Hudler converted.

Kronwall was getting physical and didn't struggle nearly as much this game as last. I hope the wings' trade off Dandeneault and play Kronwall full time. He looks ready to step it up and make an impact.

Kopecky as usual is unimpressive, and hasn't improved significantly since last season. Still a bad skater who can't throw or take a hit...
I highly doubt he makes the NHL as anything more than a 4th liner. What a waste of a high 2nd rounder.

Old
09-20-2003, 06:04 PM
Laperriere22*

Hmm, I didn't think Hudler had that great a game. He showed a lot of spunk after Lacouture rode him into the boards in the 3rd and knocked his helmet off though. The two goals were created by others, the first was luck that it went right to Hudler and the second was created by Williams and King. Hudler had some nice puck movement on the PP, but it resulted in nothing at all and isn't deserving of much praise. Basically, I tip my hat to Hudler for being opportunistic around the net and for having the hands to finish, but I believe Williams made him look better than he was tonight.

I did like what I saw out of Kronwall though. He had one shift where his head was in his anus and he was running out of position to make hits, but he was solid after that. More physical than expected and has a good outlet pass too. Nearly had a goal if it weren't for a nice save by Markkanen. Wasn't like yesterday when he was on the ice for 3 even strength goals and a PP goal either. Looked quite good.

The Wings PK got manhandled tonight too (Rangers went 4-5 on the PP). It wasn't even close. Kovalev, Nedved, Hlavac, and Poti were just dominating on the PP tonight.

Old
09-20-2003, 06:21 PM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laperriere22
Hmm, I didn't think Hudler had that great a game. He showed a lot of spunk after Lacouture rode him into the boards in the 3rd and knocked his helmet off though. The two goals were created by others, the first was luck that it went right to Hudler and the second was created by Williams and King. Hudler had some nice puck movement on the PP, but it resulted in nothing at all and isn't deserving of much praise. Basically, I tip my hat to Hudler for being opportunistic around the net and for having the hands to finish, but I believe Williams made him look better than he was tonight..

I don't think you are giving Hudler enough credit on the first goal. It was a nice pass, yes, but he did a great job shaking the defender and re-directing the puck.

Quote:
I did like what I saw out of Kronwall though. He had one shift where his head was in his anus and he was running out of position to make hits, but he was solid after that. More physical than expected and has a good outlet pass too. Nearly had a goal if it weren't for a nice save by Markkanen. Wasn't like yesterday when he was on the ice for 3 even strength goals and a PP goal either. Looked quite good..
I totally agree. Krowall looked like a real keeper, to me he was the best Dman on the Wings tonight.

Quote:
The Wings PK got manhandled tonight too (Rangers went 4-5 on the PP). It wasn't even close. Kovalev, Nedved, Hlavac, and Poti were just dominating on the PP tonight.
I agree, the JAP line looked pretty deadly tonight. Hlavac looked like a different player, or maybe the just same player, but more like the one before he left NY.

Old
09-20-2003, 07:51 PM
Laperriere22*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire
I don't think you are giving Hudler enough credit on the first goal. It was a nice pass, yes, but he did a great job shaking the defender and re-directing the puck.
Nice pass on the first goal? The first goal was the 3-on-2 with Williams leading the rush on RW, winds up and takes a slapper that's deflected by Kasparaitis right over to Hudler. Lampman is looking at Hudler when the puck comes right to Hudler; the first goal was a complete fluke. Even Hudler's shot was ugly on that goal.

The second goal was a nice re-direction, but Hudler was wide open. He didn't shake a defender because there wasn't one. Williams bodied Tjutin off the puck to start the play, King swoops in, takes the puck, and goes around Purinton (quite easily I might add). Scott had the point covered well. The problem was Larose and Ortmyer were both playing Schneider moving into the zone. Right as King is about to make the pass, Ortmyer realizes there's a man wide open and turns to cover him. Way too late by that time though. I gave credit to Hudler for finishing the play, but all the hard work was done by Williams on the forecheck and King for making a very difficult pass look easy. The tip wasn't exactly easy, but I expect offensive forwards to finish those plays (at the very least I expect them to put it on goal from that distance). Hudler was named 2nd star of the game, but he was not the best player on the Wings IMO; he just had the two goals to point at when it was all said and done. Zetterberg, Holmstrom, and Williams were all much better players tonight than Hudler IMO.

It's been so long since I've seen hockey, I resorted to taping a preseason game between the Rangers and Wings. What's the world coming to?

Old
09-20-2003, 08:47 PM
kira

Send a message via ICQ to kira Send a message via Yahoo to kira
I missed seeing Pasha tonight...maybe next game.

Actually, Hudler wasn't all that bad tonight, and Kronwall showed some signs that he might be a feisty little devil.

I had to laugh at Holik though when he tried to argue about that one play and landed in the sin bin, then slammed his stick and got another two. Stupid homer...got what he deserved.

I guess it could have been worse...

Old
09-21-2003, 02:40 AM
Shoalzie
It's Not Complicated

The Rangers power play was big for them scoring four times. I was very impressed by Hudler. I'm glad he's showing a scorer's touch because the Wings don't need another Datsyuk who thinks pass first. For a little fella, Hudler showed me quite a bit. I agree that Kronwall was solid...he played the body quite well. Even Yzerman looked good considering his knee has been bothering him. They lost but there were some good things to take from that game.

Old
09-21-2003, 05:00 AM
JCProdigy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire
I agree, the JAP line looked pretty deadly tonight. Hlavac looked like a different player, or maybe the just same player, but more like the one before he left NY.
Ah...the JAP line, I kinda like it but could be taken the wrong way no? people today and their oversensitivity. Over on the Rangers board one came out with the name, "the 2nd coming line", since it's all their second stints with the Rags.

Pretty sloppy game for both teams tonight but that's expected this early in preseason. Fortunately for you guys the sloppiness will end once the season starts....but for us rangers fans it looks like our team is in mid-season form....

Closed Thread