HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kronwall

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-23-2003, 08:50 AM
  #1
Mephisto
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 312
vCash: 500
Kronwall

Hi guys,
I am mentionning him because he's swedish and plays defence just like Lidstrom but other than him, is there anybody else on theroster that the Wings are grooming to replace him when he leaves?

And how does Kronwall look at training camp anyways?

Thx.

Mephisto is offline  
Old
09-23-2003, 08:56 AM
  #2
Motown Beatdown
Need a slump buster
 
Motown Beatdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Indianapolis
Country: United States
Posts: 8,554
vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephisto
Hi guys,
I am mentionning him because he's swedish and plays defence just like Lidstrom but other than him, is there anybody else on theroster that the Wings are grooming to replace him when he leaves?

And how does Kronwall look at training camp anyways?

Thx.


Kronwall looks very good in training camp. He'll still more than likey head to Grand Rapids and play the year in the AHL. Unless a D-man gets traded with Cujo

As for replacing Lidstrom, it's not gonna happen. All we Wings fans can hope is guys like Fischer and Kronwall continue to improve. Dont forget Chelios is more than likely gone after this year too. But IMO Nick will be back for a couple more years.

Motown Beatdown is offline  
Old
09-23-2003, 09:01 AM
  #3
Mephisto
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 312
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWI19
Kronwall looks very good in training camp. He'll still more than likey head to Grand Rapids and play the year in the AHL. Unless a D-man gets traded with Cujo

As for replacing Lidstrom, it's not gonna happen. All we Wings fans can hope is guys like Fischer and Kronwall continue to improve. Dont forget Chelios is more than likely gone after this year too. But IMO Nick will be back for a couple more years.

What can be expected in terms of production from him?
Say compared to Bouwmeester...

Mephisto is offline  
Old
09-23-2003, 09:44 AM
  #4
Shoalzie
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Portland, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 14,081
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephisto
What can be expected in terms of production from him?
Say compared to Bouwmeester...
That's a little much. I don't think he could be any more skilled than Fischer on the offensive end. He's a good skater from what I understand and we saw this weekend that he can play the body well.

Shoalzie is online now  
Old
09-23-2003, 09:47 AM
  #5
Riddarn
1980-2011
 
Riddarn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Country: Sweden
Posts: 9,151
vCash: 500
Lidström was once said to be the biggest swedish defensive talent since Salming, and Kronwall was once said to be the biggest swedish defensive talent since Lidström, wouldn't it be sweet if the trend continues?

Riddarn is offline  
Old
09-23-2003, 11:06 AM
  #6
A Good Flying Bird*
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Ann Arbor
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,359
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoalzie
That's a little much. I don't think he could be any more skilled than Fischer on the offensive end. He's a good skater from what I understand and we saw this weekend that he can play the body well.
Fischer has lots of intriguing talents ... size, skill, shot, passing, speed
But for whatever reason, he hasn't come close to putting anything together offensively. I hope he gets some powerplay time this year, but with specialists like Lidstrom, Schneider, and Woolley around, and even Hatcher, I doubt he'll get much time.

A Good Flying Bird* is offline  
Old
09-23-2003, 11:19 AM
  #7
zetterberg40
Registered User
 
zetterberg40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 21,218
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to zetterberg40
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWI19
Kronwall looks very good in training camp. He'll still more than likey head to Grand Rapids and play the year in the AHL. Unless a D-man gets traded with Cujo

As for replacing Lidstrom, it's not gonna happen. All we Wings fans can hope is guys like Fischer and Kronwall continue to improve. Dont forget Chelios is more than likely gone after this year too. But IMO Nick will be back for a couple more years.
actually, as of now we would need 2 dman to be moved, since woolley and dandenault are ahead of him, although, who knows what might happen soon, i agree that kronwall has looked good in camp and preseason...... hopfully he'll just get better and better

btw: not 1 player out there will be able to replace nik when he's gone, and if anyone can help ease the loss of him in the long run, it may be Jay-Bo, and the odds of us getting him are the same odds of cujo being a vezina goalie this year, so obviously its not gonna happen

zetterberg40 is online now  
Old
09-23-2003, 11:21 AM
  #8
zetterberg40
Registered User
 
zetterberg40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 21,218
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to zetterberg40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsguyone
Fischer has lots of intriguing talents ... size, skill, shot, passing, speed
But for whatever reason, he hasn't come close to putting anything together offensively. I hope he gets some powerplay time this year, but with specialists like Lidstrom, Schneider, and Woolley around, and even Hatcher, I doubt he'll get much time.
the 1 key thing he lacks in shot accuracy, if you ever watch him you can notice that his shots are never very good, they may be strong and powerful, but they are NEVER accurate
*btw: by "if you ever watch him" its just a reference, its not directed towards you and anything......

zetterberg40 is online now  
Old
09-23-2003, 03:49 PM
  #9
stu the grim reaper
Registered User
 
stu the grim reaper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Lakeview
Posts: 1,104
vCash: 500
i was very suprised by his physical game, but i had never seen him play before

stu the grim reaper is offline  
Old
09-23-2003, 03:57 PM
  #10
A Good Flying Bird*
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Ann Arbor
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,359
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetterberg40
the 1 key thing he lacks in shot accuracy, if you ever watch him you can notice that his shots are never very good, they may be strong and powerful, but they are NEVER accurate
*btw: by "if you ever watch him" its just a reference, its not directed towards you and anything......

That's what I'm saying.
In practice, he can get a nice, fast shot on net.
different story in a game.
In pylon tests, he's a fast skater.
Not so in a game.

Coaches really need to flesh out his considerable skills.

A Good Flying Bird* is offline  
Old
09-23-2003, 05:38 PM
  #11
Grift69
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Detroit, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 4,964
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Grift69 Send a message via MSN to Grift69
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridderwall
Lidström was once said to be the biggest swedish defensive talent since Salming, and Kronwall was once said to be the biggest swedish defensive talent since Lidström, wouldn't it be sweet if the trend continues?
I like how you think

Grift69 is offline  
Old
09-23-2003, 05:52 PM
  #12
zetterberg40
Registered User
 
zetterberg40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 21,218
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to zetterberg40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsguyone
That's what I'm saying.
In practice, he can get a nice, fast shot on net.
different story in a game.
In pylon tests, he's a fast skater.
Not so in a game.

Coaches really need to flesh out his considerable skills.
hopfully hatcher will do some good for him.....

although, he's kinda making me think that maybe jiri will be more of a hatcher then a lowerclass pronger

zetterberg40 is online now  
Old
09-24-2003, 06:24 AM
  #13
PigPen
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Detroit
Posts: 1,831
vCash: 500
Kronwall has very good speed, but he tends to stay out on the ice too long and looks slow at the end of shifts. He can't have 2 minute shifts in the NHL. At least not yet.

I think that maybe he's trying a little too hard to make an impression on management and it could be affecting his game.
However, I think Kronwall will be a very solid defenseman for the wings down the road once he stops taking dumb penalties.

PigPen is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:11 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.