HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hudler

Closed Thread

Old
09-21-2003, 12:01 AM
Murmansk16

vCash: 500
Hudler

What I noticed about Hudler is that he doesn't like to carry the puck up the ice, the way Fedorov, Datsyuk, and Zetterberg like to do. He looks for the open man and passes. To me, that makes it likely he'll end up on the wing, instead of at center. A center has to be willing and able to lug the puck up the ice.

He looks very good in the offensive zone, however.

Old
09-21-2003, 05:58 AM
Zoran Manojlovic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murmansk16
What I noticed about Hudler is that he doesn't like to carry the puck up the ice, the way Fedorov, Datsyuk, and Zetterberg like to do.

Well in that case you haven´t seen his best side yet. That is one of his best attributes, skateing with the puck. I think that he is playing a smart and simple hockey right now. Give him a few more games and you´ll see some magic becose he is very good at carrying the puck up the ice.

Old
09-21-2003, 06:16 AM
zetterberg40

Send a message via AIM to zetterberg40
all i know is is that on that 1 pp in the first, where it jumped over his stick, he looked like shyt up till then, and then he started to get it going, both goals werent bad at all

Old
09-21-2003, 02:41 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

It could partially be just the case that he's getting used to the NA ice surface and size, regardless the future looks bright for him!

Old
09-21-2003, 03:05 PM
kira

Send a message via ICQ to kira Send a message via Yahoo to kira
For as small as the guy is he's a feisty little devil...which is a good quality.

Old
09-21-2003, 07:15 PM
Vatican Roulette
Mona Lisa Lily

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murmansk16
What I noticed about Hudler is that he doesn't like to carry the puck up the ice, the way Fedorov, Datsyuk, and Zetterberg like to do. He looks for the open man and passes. To me, that makes it likely he'll end up on the wing, instead of at center. A center has to be willing and able to lug the puck up the ice.

He looks very good in the offensive zone, however.
He looked very comfertable on the PP. I didn't really notice him unless he actaully had the puck though.

He needs to get stronger(like all prospects) and be a little more agressive IMO.

I personnally didn't think he'd be doing this well in the NHL. But he's not that bad.

Old
09-22-2003, 09:02 AM
McSmack2002

[QUOTE=...and be a little more agressive IMO.

[/QUOTE]

I was actually surprised at how agressive he was. Taking down Kasper into the corner and driving to the net, never expected either out of him.

Old
09-22-2003, 01:24 PM
PigPen

I believe that Hudler is better off at center. It keeps him off the boards and allows him to use his moves more.
My only complaint about his abilities at center are his faceoff skills. He's atrocious at taking faceoffs.

Hudler doesn't carry the puck too far into the offensive zone. He gets across the blueline, floats around it with the puck then dishes it off once he draws 2 or more players on the other team to him. It's really not a bad play at all. He creates good chances for his linemates. I hope holland puts somebody speedy with him in the future to maximize his abilities.

Old
09-22-2003, 02:16 PM
Vatican Roulette
Mona Lisa Lily

Quote:
Originally Posted by PigPen
I hope holland puts somebody speedy with him in the future to maximize his abilities.

isn't that Lewis's job........wait, nope, the puppet does nothing.

Closed Thread