HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hamilton vs St John's Sat., Feb. 5, 6:05 p.m. ET

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-05-2005, 10:12 PM
  #76
Habsolument
Registered User
 
Habsolument's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: St-Lambert, Qc
Country: Poland
Posts: 948
vCash: 500
http://www.rds.ca/citadelles/chroniques/172036.html

Regarder les liens sous Autres Articles.
Ça démontre comment va l'équipe présentement...

Habsolument is offline  
Old
02-05-2005, 10:14 PM
  #77
CH Wizard
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: preparin for 09 cup
Country: Afghanistan
Posts: 11,690
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CH Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDS
Les Bulldogs laissent filer la victoire
Les Bulldogs coulent en prolongation
Défaite crève-coeur des Bulldogs
:lol :lol

OUCH !

CH Wizard is offline  
Old
02-05-2005, 10:28 PM
  #78
HabSim
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Sherbrooke QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 212
vCash: 500
Serait temps qu'ils updatent l'URL de la section batard lol

Really, what does it take to make them keep their wins???

Kim Staal? Andrei Sidyakin? Victor Ujcik? Johan Eneqvist? Alexander Buturlin? Mikhail Grabovski? Peter Strom back from Italy?

Damn Perezhogin suspension...

HabSim is offline  
Old
02-05-2005, 10:53 PM
  #79
Brisson11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: On the rink
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,264
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Brisson11
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabSim
Really, what does it take to make them keep their wins???

Kim Staal? Andrei Sidyakin? Victor Ujcik? Johan Eneqvist? Alexander Buturlin? Mikhail Grabovski? Peter Strom back from Italy?

Damn Perezhogin suspension...
None of those people can help them win, they are loosing because everytime I don't listen to a game and come read the GDT for the final score they loose like this

Brisson11 is offline  
Old
02-05-2005, 11:24 PM
  #80
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2
 
Des Louise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Country: Sri Lanka
Posts: 19,975
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabSim
Serait temps qu'ils updatent l'URL de la section batard lol

Really, what does it take to make them keep their wins???

Kim Staal? Andrei Sidyakin? Victor Ujcik? Johan Eneqvist? Alexander Buturlin? Mikhail Grabovski? Peter Strom back from Italy?

Damn Perezhogin suspension...
Perezhogin would sure have helped. A guy like Komisarek would have been of great assistance too.

But the dogs problem is the way they play with a lead late into the game. That's a either a defense, experience or coaching problem. Probably a combination of those three factors. I don't like the way Jarvis has handled this team at all. When you have a subpar team you need superior coaching to overachieve, clearly they haven't gotten that at all. A good coach will identify his team's strenghts and weaknesses and will use strategies accordingly. Right now, it seems that the dogs can build leads but can't keep them. Maybe they shouldn't try to defend their lead when they get one and should always go for the offense ? I don't know, I haven't watched them enough. But there's something wrong with the way they play the game as a team. You're not supposed to blow that many leads.

I just hope that altough they're losing, they're still developping and adaptating their game to the pro level.

Des Louise is offline  
Old
02-06-2005, 12:11 AM
  #81
jcpenny
Registered User
 
jcpenny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,878
vCash: 500
Does Kosts' shootout goal counts in his stats?

jcpenny is offline  
Old
02-06-2005, 12:12 AM
  #82
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2
 
Des Louise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Country: Sri Lanka
Posts: 19,975
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcpenny
Does Kosts' shootout goal counts in his stats?
nope

Congratulation on the 1111th post ! Make a wish...

Des Louise is offline  
Old
02-06-2005, 12:14 AM
  #83
jcpenny
Registered User
 
jcpenny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,878
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH²
nope

Congratulation on the 1111th post ! Make a wish...
loll

jcpenny is offline  
Old
02-06-2005, 01:06 AM
  #84
Freaky Habs Fan
Registered User
 
Freaky Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: New-Brunswick
Posts: 9,530
vCash: 500
Let's just hope that the two points of Kostitsyn will be the start of a big explosion in points for him! Good to see Jarvis putting Sanford in the shootout. I think he's 2 on 2 or 3 on 3 for the shootout. Maybe he could be a good foward

Freaky Habs Fan is offline  
Old
02-06-2005, 02:06 PM
  #85
Bulldog fan
Timmy Dogs Alum 1999
 
Bulldog fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: 101York Bld Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 918
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan
Jarvis needs to do something drastic. A bag skate, going out in the media and ripping his team like Therrien did, etc

This is simply unnaceptable at any level of hockey, let alone the AHL. I guarantee you even the worse teams in the AHL this year like Utah and Albany haven't blown as many points late in games as the Dogs have this year.
Why get upset?
This is exactly what you Canadiens fans wanted. Don't add any depth, don't add any experience, let the young guys work through it. Why let an experienced player take the spot of a young potential NHLer?
This team is exactly what you get when you send a bunch of 20 year old kids up against teams of professional with actual experience and leadership.
I'm sure a sub 500 season will greatly improve their NHL potential, admit it Gainey and company really dropped the ball on this one. The proof is in the final scores.

Bulldog fan is offline  
Old
02-06-2005, 02:15 PM
  #86
BiggMac99
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: St-Hyacinthe, Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 399
vCash: 500
Do you know what are the stats for Kostitsyn in Shootout?

BiggMac99 is offline  
Old
02-06-2005, 02:29 PM
  #87
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2
 
Des Louise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Country: Sri Lanka
Posts: 19,975
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs_Power
Do you know what are the stats for Kostitsyn in Shootout?
2 in 4 99% sure

Dogs games have went into the SO 7 times.

Des Louise is offline  
Old
02-06-2005, 02:43 PM
  #88
Riggins
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,400
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog fan
Why get upset?
This is exactly what you Canadiens fans wanted. Don't add any depth, don't add any experience, let the young guys work through it. Why let an experienced player take the spot of a young potential NHLer?
This team is exactly what you get when you send a bunch of 20 year old kids up against teams of professional with actual experience and leadership.
I'm sure a sub 500 season will greatly improve their NHL potential, admit it Gainey and company really dropped the ball on this one. The proof is in the final scores.
Yes, Gainey should have allowed Dagenais and Ribeiro to play with the Dogs and let the young players learn from their great example.
This is a young team, let them go through the adversity and learn how to deal with it. There are some older players there to help them deal. What I don't understand is how someone can be such a fan of an AHL team without cheering for the parent club.

Riggins is offline  
Old
02-06-2005, 02:50 PM
  #89
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2
 
Des Louise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Country: Sri Lanka
Posts: 19,975
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steadfast
Yes, Gainey should have allowed Dagenais and Ribeiro to play with the Dogs and let the young players learn from their great example.
This is a young team, let them go through the adversity and learn how to deal with it. There are some older players there to help them deal. What I don't understand is how someone can be such a fan of an AHL team without cheering for the parent club.
Maybe I can see why he doesn't cheer for the habs. But I don't understand how you can be a fan of an AHL team without expecting to see some less experienced teams out there.

The fact of the matter is the difference between the dogs being one of the best teams and what they are right now is pretty slim. They're not getting blown out of water, they lose by 1 goal, they compete hard. But they've been afflicted with injuries (Komisarek, Côté, Miettinen..). Besides who could have predicted Ward would have so much trouble without his sticks and Gratton ?

I wouldn't blame the habs management for the dogs woes. They could have been much better with a bit more luck.

Des Louise is offline  
Old
02-06-2005, 03:10 PM
  #90
Bulldog fan
Timmy Dogs Alum 1999
 
Bulldog fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: 101York Bld Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 918
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH²
Maybe I can see why he doesn't cheer for the habs. But I don't understand how you can be a fan of an AHL team without expecting to see some less experienced teams out there.

The fact of the matter is the difference between the dogs being one of the best teams and what they are right now is pretty slim. They're not getting blown out of water, they lose by 1 goal, they compete hard. But they've been afflicted with injuries (Komisarek, Côté, Miettinen..). Besides who could have predicted Ward would have so much trouble without his sticks and Gratton ?

I wouldn't blame the habs management for the dogs woes. They could have been much better with a bit more luck.
As I've said before, I understand the pitfalls of a development league. I can live with bad seasons, in fact, I began attending Bulldog game regularily the only year they didn't make the playoffs.
The reason this season is troublesome is the fact that help (Ribeiro, Dagenais and possibly Andreychuk) has come knocking on the door. These guys want to play here, management didn't have to go after them. While most other teams would have jumped at the chance to improve themselves the Habs simply said no thank you.
This is one of the problems with a independent owner of an AHL team. If the Canadiens owned this team they would much more concerned about the potential profits of signing these guys. The Bulldogs ownership group 3 years ago made a tremendous mistake when the agreed to let the parent club sign all the players. 2 years from now this mistake will not be made again.

Bulldog fan is offline  
Old
02-06-2005, 03:33 PM
  #91
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2
 
Des Louise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Country: Sri Lanka
Posts: 19,975
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog fan
As I've said before, I understand the pitfalls of a development league. I can live with bad seasons, in fact, I began attending Bulldog game regularily the only year they didn't make the playoffs.
The reason this season is troublesome is the fact that help (Ribeiro, Dagenais and possibly Andreychuk) has come knocking on the door. These guys want to play here, management didn't have to go after them. While most other teams would have jumped at the chance to improve themselves the Habs simply said no thank you.
This is one of the problems with a independent owner of an AHL team. If the Canadiens owned this team they would much more concerned about the potential profits of signing these guys. The Bulldogs ownership group 3 years ago made a tremendous mistake when the agreed to let the parent club sign all the players. 2 years from now this mistake will not be made again.
Well, we did sign Ward and Hainsey to AHL contracts. If Ward was the player of 2 years ago, Hamilton would be much better. If Komisarek and Côté had played from the start the Dogs would be much better. At the beginning of the season, the habs management couldn't know this would happen. With a little bit more luck you guys would be watching a winner for the 3rd straight year.

As for the fact Ribs and Dagenais could have been signed easily and that every other teams would have signed them, that's not true. I don't remember who but there are other AHL teams who refused to sign their NHL players. If you ask for it, I'll check it out. Maybe other people could help me out.

And if the habs owned the dogs, you can bet the same decisions would have been made. AHL teams are hardly where a NHL owner will make his money. They're considered an investment for the future. Especially considering past history for attendance in Hamilton. There were no evidence to prove that signing Dags and Ribeiro would be such a profitable investment.

Des Louise is offline  
Old
02-06-2005, 03:46 PM
  #92
Bulldog fan
Timmy Dogs Alum 1999
 
Bulldog fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: 101York Bld Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 918
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steadfast
Yes, Gainey should have allowed Dagenais and Ribeiro to play with the Dogs and let the young players learn from their great example.
This is a young team, let them go through the adversity and learn how to deal with it. There are some older players there to help them deal. What I don't understand is how someone can be such a fan of an AHL team without cheering for the parent club.
It's really easy to be a fan of an AHL club without being a fan of the parent club. When an AHL club moves into your backyard you don't switch your favourite NHL club to that parent team. NHL fans in Iowa (I know, I know, like there are NHL fans in Iowa :lol ) whose favourite team isn't Dallas are not going to stop cheering for their team and switch to Dallas when the Stars farm team moves there next year.
Now I don't hate the Canadiens and, yes, I especially want to see former Bulldogs do well in Montreal or where ever they end up. We here in Hamilton are proud of "our boys" when they do well. The outdoor game was an especially big moment as both Edmonton and Montreal had several former Bulldogs on the ice.
I'm also a fan of seeing great hockey at prices a family can afford, two adult season tickets cost under $1,200 and also come with 2 authentic Bulldogs jerseys. (Some are still waiting on the trip to Montreal,we decided to take the jerseys.)
Lastly, another reason to support this team is the way they give back to the community. Program sales, 50/50 proceeds, jersey raffles and many other promotions go to help charities in the local area.
The front office is first rate, I've always had immediate response to any questions and or problems. I've sat on the Season Ticket Holders Committee Board so I've got a very good idea of how this organization is run. This is an organization that I'm proud to consider myself a small part of.

Bulldog fan is offline  
Old
02-06-2005, 03:54 PM
  #93
Bulldog fan
Timmy Dogs Alum 1999
 
Bulldog fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: 101York Bld Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 918
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH²
Well, we did sign Ward and Hainsey to AHL contracts. If Ward was the player of 2 years ago, Hamilton would be much better. If Komisarek and Côté had played from the start the Dogs would be much better. At the beginning of the season, the habs management couldn't know this would happen. With a little bit more luck you guys would be watching a winner for the 3rd straight year.

As for the fact Ribs and Dagenais could have been signed easily and that every other teams would have signed them, that's not true. I don't remember who but there are other AHL teams who refused to sign their NHL players. If you ask for it, I'll check it out. Maybe other people could help me out.

And if the habs owned the dogs, you can bet the same decisions would have been made. AHL teams are hardly where a NHL owner will make his money. They're considered an investment for the future. Especially considering past history for attendance in Hamilton. There were no evidence to prove that signing Dags and Ribeiro would be such a profitable investment.
See the neat thing here is we will see Ribeiro and Dagenais in Hamilton whenever the NHL resumes. I say this because right now their development as players is being hampered playing Europe where little attention will be paid to them by the Montreal management.
When Dagenais comes back from the division2 league he's playing in he won't be up to speed with the NHL and even though Ribeiro is playing in a different league I expect the same to happen to him too.
It's kind of like the guy in the old muffler ads, "You can pay me now, or pay me later". Apparently the Canadiens have choosen to pay later.

Bulldog fan is offline  
Old
02-06-2005, 03:57 PM
  #94
Bulldog fan
Timmy Dogs Alum 1999
 
Bulldog fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: 101York Bld Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 918
vCash: 500
One other thing signing Hainsey to the Dogs wasn't a big deal to most of us down here. Most of us were very suprised he ever got the call to Montreal, I've seen him play enough to honestly say he is not an NHL defenseman, never was, never will be.

Bulldog fan is offline  
Old
02-06-2005, 03:58 PM
  #95
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2
 
Des Louise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Country: Sri Lanka
Posts: 19,975
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog fan
See the neat thing here is we will see Ribeiro and Dagenais in Hamilton whenever the NHL resumes. I say this because right now their development as players is being hampered playing Europe where little attention will be paid to them by the Montreal management.
When Dagenais comes back from the division2 league he's playing in he won't be up to speed with the NHL and even though Ribeiro is playing in a different league I expect the same to happen to him too.
It's kind of like the guy in the old muffler ads, "You can pay me now, or pay me later". Apparently the Canadiens have choosen to pay later.
Maybe for a conditional stint, but I would be REALLY surprised to see either one of Ribeiro or Dagenais for long stretches of time in Hamilton.

Des Louise is offline  
Old
02-06-2005, 03:59 PM
  #96
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2
 
Des Louise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Country: Sri Lanka
Posts: 19,975
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog fan
One other thing signing Hainsey to the Dogs wasn't a big deal to most of us down here. Most of us were very suprised he ever got the call to Montreal, I've seen him play enough to honestly say he is not an NHL defenseman, never was, never will be.
Well he once was a pretty useful AHL defenseman, you can't deny that. He had some good seasons in the AHL.

This year he is not dedicated that's for sure.

Des Louise is offline  
Old
02-06-2005, 04:08 PM
  #97
Bulldog fan
Timmy Dogs Alum 1999
 
Bulldog fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: 101York Bld Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 918
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH²
Well he once was a pretty useful AHL defenseman, you can't deny that. He had some good seasons in the AHL.

This year he is not dedicated that's for sure.
Decent AHL defenseman, OK, but in my opinion he has never shown the drive or ability to take it to the next level. I think reports of his success my have been tainted by Montreal's will for him to succeed.
Our best defenseman the last couple of years has been JP Cote. His biggest downfall is a lack of offense, but if you want a partner for a rushing defenseman I would love to see this kid given a chance. Like everyone else at this level he has made mistakes, but you rarely see him make the same mistake twice. Sadly, I think the scouts and managers are overlooking Cote because he wasn't one of their blue chip picks.

Bulldog fan is offline  
Old
02-06-2005, 08:16 PM
  #98
FTK
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Longueuil
Posts: 560
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog fan
Decent AHL defenseman, OK, but in my opinion he has never shown the drive or ability to take it to the next level. I think reports of his success my have been tainted by Montreal's will for him to succeed.
Our best defenseman the last couple of years has been JP Cote. His biggest downfall is a lack of offense, but if you want a partner for a rushing defenseman I would love to see this kid given a chance. Like everyone else at this level he has made mistakes, but you rarely see him make the same mistake twice. Sadly, I think the scouts and managers are overlooking Cote because he wasn't one of their blue chip picks.
I disagree, Cote has been good, but Beauchemin was rock solid and okay offensivly.

FTK is offline  
Old
02-06-2005, 08:39 PM
  #99
Bulldog fan
Timmy Dogs Alum 1999
 
Bulldog fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: 101York Bld Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 918
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FTK
I disagree, Cote has been good, but Beauchemin was rock solid and okay offensivly.
And you watched, how many games? Beauchemin had a flair for the glaring, poor timed error. That is probably why Montreal took the chance on him leaving. On simple defense alone Cote has been our best.

Bulldog fan is offline  
Old
02-07-2005, 12:55 AM
  #100
Kirk Muller
Registered User
 
Kirk Muller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: FIRE THERRIEN
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,923
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH²
Maybe for a conditional stint, but I would be REALLY surprised to see either one of Ribeiro or Dagenais for long stretches of time in Hamilton.
Ribeiro won't see the AHL unless like you said a conditioning stint. There is no maybes about it. "Really surprised", I would say doesn't even say half of it. Ribeiro is a young centre who put up 65 points(?) last year, fact is he wouldn't clear waivers to be sent down, and if it ever got to the point where he struggled struggled, he would be dealt before than so again, wouldn't be in Hamilton.

See the neat thing is, how some talk like they have any clue about the parent club, when in fact have,no idea. (not directed at you)

Kirk Muller is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:36 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.