HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

"All Things Peoria" thread...

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-11-2008, 09:00 PM
  #1
WalterSobchak
Blues Trololol
 
WalterSobchak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,877
vCash: 249
"All Things Peoria" thread...

can be found here:
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?p...1#post16742045


Last edited by WalterSobchak: 03-22-2009 at 09:13 PM.
WalterSobchak is offline  
Old
12-12-2008, 08:48 PM
  #2
ChicagoBlues
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 5,374
vCash: 500
Hey Blues fans! I'm sure many of you have wanted a centralized place to get Rivermen news. Well, here it is!! (At least somewhat)

Please don't think of this as "my thing". I fully encourage, but don't expect, everyone to add material.

Check in and enjoy!!

ChicagoBlues is offline  
Old
12-12-2008, 11:07 PM
  #3
Celtic Note
Chi Town Bound
 
Celtic Note's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 8,783
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoBlues View Post
Hey Blues fans! I'm sure many of you have wanted a centralized place to get Rivermen news. Well, here it is!! (At least somewhat)

Please don't think of this as "my thing". I fully encourage, but don't expect, everyone to add material.

Check in and enjoy!!
Congrats on making the big time ChicagoBlues!

Does anyone know if the Riverman have a forum where fans post? It would be nice to get some locals adding to the conversation.

Celtic Note is offline  
Old
12-14-2008, 04:16 PM
  #4
On Axis
Mad Vlad
 
On Axis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: Ireland
Posts: 4,122
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to On Axis
Just a quick heads up: AHL Live is streaming AHL games free of charge tonight. Peoria vs Lake Erie will be playing tonight at 4 PM Central time, so it's a nice chance to see some of the Blues' future.

On Axis is offline  
Old
12-14-2008, 04:24 PM
  #5
Celtic Note
Chi Town Bound
 
Celtic Note's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 8,783
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axel View Post
Just a quick heads up: AHL Live is streaming AHL games free of charge tonight. Peoria vs Lake Erie will be playing tonight at 4 PM Central time, so it's a nice chance to see some of the Blues' future.
Can't get that site working right now, can you?

Celtic Note is offline  
Old
12-14-2008, 04:36 PM
  #6
On Axis
Mad Vlad
 
On Axis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: Ireland
Posts: 4,122
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to On Axis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zundo View Post
Can't get that site working right now, can you?
Do you have the latest version of Flash installed?

On Axis is offline  
Old
12-14-2008, 04:54 PM
  #7
Celtic Note
Chi Town Bound
 
Celtic Note's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 8,783
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axel View Post
Do you have the latest version of Flash installed?
Yep and still no love

Celtic Note is offline  
Old
12-14-2008, 05:27 PM
  #8
On Axis
Mad Vlad
 
On Axis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: Ireland
Posts: 4,122
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to On Axis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zundo View Post
Yep and still no love
http://ahl.neulion.com/team/help.htm

That's all I have. Maybe that will help

On Axis is offline  
Old
12-14-2008, 05:42 PM
  #9
Celtic Note
Chi Town Bound
 
Celtic Note's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 8,783
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axel View Post
http://ahl.neulion.com/team/help.htm

That's all I have. Maybe that will help
Thanks I got it to work.

That was not a very good 1st period

Celtic Note is offline  
Old
12-24-2008, 12:31 AM
  #10
ChicagoBlues
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 5,374
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zundo View Post
Congrats on making the big time ChicagoBlues!

Does anyone know if the Riverman have a forum where fans post? It would be nice to get some locals adding to the conversation.
Thanx, and now I will..........


ChicagoBlues is offline  
Old
12-27-2008, 06:49 PM
  #11
ChicagoBlues
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 5,374
vCash: 500
Well, this new Peoria thread is working well as it gets lots of hits and keeps our minor-league organization in the spot light. I'm trying to keep it at the top of the AHL boards.

ChicagoBlues is offline  
Old
12-30-2008, 02:13 PM
  #12
Prussian_Blue
Registered User
 
Prussian_Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Country: Germany
Posts: 7,753
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoBlues View Post
Well, this new Peoria thread is working well as it gets lots of hits and keeps our minor-league organization in the spot light. I'm trying to keep it at the top of the AHL boards.
Between the two of us, I think we can manage that.

I just posted a comment there re: your comments about Junland and Sunday's epic fail against Houston.

P_B

Prussian_Blue is offline  
Old
01-10-2009, 09:12 AM
  #13
ChicagoBlues
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 5,374
vCash: 500
The Rivermen have been stagnating for the past week and a half as Milwaukee starts to pull away in the standings. Big game tonight against Chicago!

ChicagoBlues is offline  
Old
01-10-2009, 09:53 AM
  #14
Prussian_Blue
Registered User
 
Prussian_Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Country: Germany
Posts: 7,753
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoBlues View Post
The Rivermen have been stagnating for the past week and a half as Milwaukee starts to pull away in the standings. Big game tonight against Chicago!
Milwaukee's burning up their games in hand, though...

If I'm Davis Payne, I'm starting Holt from now until he drops. I'm sure the Blues are pressuring him to give Bishop the games, but Bishop just ain't getting the job done, from where I sit. It's getting to the time of year when you've got to go with the guy who gives you the best chance to win, regardless of who is the parent club's "darling" prospect du jour.

Right now, Holt is the guy that gives the Rivermen the best chance to win.

P_B

Prussian_Blue is offline  
Old
01-23-2009, 08:19 PM
  #15
NuBluesFan
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 7
vCash: 500
Totally Agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

NuBluesFan is offline  
Old
02-17-2009, 11:44 AM
  #16
ChicagoBlues
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 5,374
vCash: 500
Over 3,500 hits

The Peoria Rivermen thread is clipping along at a good pace.

ChicagoBlues is offline  
Old
02-19-2009, 12:58 PM
  #17
ChicagoBlues
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 5,374
vCash: 500
Here's a nice tidbit.

The Peoria Rivermen lead the AHL in shorhanded goals with 13; two ahead of Hamilton.

And Tomas Kana got into a fight.

ChicagoBlues is offline  
Old
02-19-2009, 03:18 PM
  #18
Celtic Note
Chi Town Bound
 
Celtic Note's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 8,783
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoBlues View Post
Here's a nice tidbit.

The Peoria Rivermen lead the AHL in shorhanded goals with 13; two ahead of Hamilton.

And Tomas Kana got into a fight.
Do you know who the leading shorthanded point getters are...off hand?

And Tomas Kana in a fight? I gotta see that.

Celtic Note is offline  
Old
03-15-2009, 11:04 PM
  #19
hockey jedi
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 166
vCash: 500
Peoria Rivermen now in playoff position

They won tonight against Quad Cities and now have 72 points in 4th place in their division. Their climb has not been as steep as the Blues, but still impressive. It would be great to see them get some extra games especially if Sonne, Peluso, and others join the team for the playoffs.


Last edited by Prussian_Blue: 03-19-2009 at 01:25 PM. Reason: Fixed typo in title...
hockey jedi is offline  
Old
03-15-2009, 11:17 PM
  #20
Prussian_Blue
Registered User
 
Prussian_Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Country: Germany
Posts: 7,753
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey jedi View Post
They won tonight against Quad Cities and now have 72 points in 4th place in their division. Their climb has not been as steep as the Blues, but still impressive. It would be great to see them get some extra games especially if Sonne, Peluso, and others join the team for the playoffs.
Peluso, probably, if the Rivermen make it... but Sonne's team is poised to go a long way in the the 'Dub playoffs, and they may still be playing when the Rivermen are done.

BTW, I was at the Peoria-QC game today, and the boys looked OK. Quad's second goal was weak, weak, weak (shame on you, Manny), but guys like Porter, Stastny, Reaves, Hellstrom and newcomer Danny Richmond were all hustling and making plays.

And of course, Trent Whitfield was all over the place. That guy's quite the leader up there...

P_B

Prussian_Blue is offline  
Old
03-15-2009, 11:34 PM
  #21
hockey jedi
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 166
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prussian_Blue View Post
Peluso, probably, if the Rivermen make it... but Sonne's team is poised to go a long way in the the 'Dub playoffs, and they may still be playing when the Rivermen are done.

BTW, I was at the Peoria-QC game today, and the boys looked OK. Quad's second goal was weak, weak, weak (shame on you, Manny), but guys like Porter, Stastny, Reaves, Hellstrom and newcomer Danny Richmond were all hustling and making plays.

And of course, Trent Whitfield was all over the place. That guy's quite the leader up there...

P_B
Whoever joins the team would be great. I wish Cole, Paluhaj, Fairchild would go pro and join Peoria.

hockey jedi is offline  
Old
03-16-2009, 09:17 AM
  #22
MVS
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Kouvola, Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 27
vCash: 500
Blues 3rd round pick, center Jori Lehterä will join Peoria for rest of the season. He played in FEL this season and was the leading scorer of his team Tappara with points 9+38 in 58 games. Tappara didn't make to the playoffs, so that's why it's possible for him to come over and play there.

LINK: (In Finnish) http://www.jatkoaika.com/smliiga.php...utiset&id=9406

EDIT: Slow


Last edited by MVS: 03-16-2009 at 09:44 AM.
MVS is offline  
Old
03-16-2009, 11:34 AM
  #23
Ville Isopää
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Posts: 2,069
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Ville Isopää
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVS View Post
Blues 3rd round pick, center Jori Lehterä will join Peoria for rest of the season. He played in FEL this season and was the leading scorer of his team Tappara with points 9+38 in 58 games. Tappara didn't make to the playoffs, so that's why it's possible for him to come over and play there.

LINK: (In Finnish) http://www.jatkoaika.com/smliiga.php...utiset&id=9406

EDIT: Slow
The 38 assists was 4th best in the league. He also added 4+5 in 3 Play-out games to keep his team in the FEL.

Ville Isopää is offline  
Old
03-16-2009, 11:48 AM
  #24
Ciccarelli
Registered User
 
Ciccarelli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,147
vCash: 500
Jori Lehterä = Petri Kontiola. Expect PPG production if he adjusts.

Ciccarelli is offline  
Old
03-18-2009, 11:42 PM
  #25
hockey jedi
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 166
vCash: 500
3/18 Manny Legace and Peoria got the 1-0 shutout tonight over the San Antonio Rampage. They moved into 4th place last weekend, and now they have moved into third place. They play tomorrow against the Rampage again and the Houston Aeros Saturday. If they win tomorrow night, they pass the Aeros into second place. Chris Porter scored the lone goal this evening.


Last edited by hockey jedi: 03-18-2009 at 11:49 PM.
hockey jedi is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:43 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.