Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Trade Help

Old
11-02-2012, 01:38 AM
MSPGabe
Born & Bred In Maine

vCash: 500
Trade Help

So I'm currently sitting at 5-3, leading my division and should easily make the playoffs. My starting roster looks like this currently (we use IDP, so I'm not bothering listing those):

QB D. Brees
RB D. McFadden
RB S. Ridley
WR J. Nelson
WR M. Colston
WR A. Brown
TE H. Miller

I'm starting to look at the playoff run, and realizing that my weakest position at the moment is RB. McFadden's underperformed, and Ridley is hit or miss. I've won a few games on the backs of Brees and Colston so far.

I've picked up Woodhead as a bit of a handcuff to Ridley, and since I'm in a PPR league, he has some value there.

Anyways, I figure I have value in Brees (top player in the league this year), and if I could get a stud Running Back in return, it may be worth sacrificing some of Brees's numbers.

One of the other owners is ranked 2nd in Rushing, but 2nd to last in QB. Thinking we could do something like this:

QB Brees
RB Ridley

---------

QB Newton
RB Peterson

Now since we're in an Auction/Salary Cap league, we'd have to balance the numbers a bit, such as below:

QB Brees
RB Ridley
WR Brown
TE Miller

---------

QB Newton
RB Peterson
WR Young
TE Davis

He gets an immediate boost at QB. He does lose at RB a bit, but the point difference is less than he's gaining with Brees. The WRs and TE's are close enough in production that it's really just there to balance salary numbers.

What do you think?

MSPGabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 08:51 AM
MJG

I'm not going to tell you not to do something but that trade makes little sense to me. The only position you are upgrading is running back. However, to date, Peterson is averaging 1 point more per game than Ridley. I know Ridley is hit or miss and there is competition but he is putting up great numbers and hasn't gotten under 13 carries yet this season. Ask any Pats fan and they will tell you that Ridley is "the" guy. Meanwhile, Newton is averaging 7 points less than Brees. Young has had one good game and although Antonio Brown is underperforming he is still worthy of playing. Young has not proven that he is yet. Heath Miller is the second highest scoring tight end right now. Fred Davis is on IR. And if it's Kellen Davis, well, he's next to useless.

I wouldn't do it and I am normally on here advising people to load up and reinforce at RB. If I were you I would ride it out with Ridley and the rest of the guys you have. Ridley has had 4 moster games and 4 games under 10. You just need to hope he has a few big games when you need him the most.

MJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 02:12 PM
MSPGabe
Born & Bred In Maine

I know Ridley is THE guy in NE, but one fumble and that changes. It's already affected two games. I like him, a lot, but he scares me. AP on the other hand, is much, much more consistent, even without the Vikings leading late in games.

In my league's scoring, Miller and Davis are virtually the same (8 points difference). It's basically a wash, and again, that move, along with the WR move, is only to make the salary caps work.

Yes, Young has only had one good game, but with Burelson out and Megatron being double and triple covered, I believe he's gonna be getting a lot of targets. And Antonio Brown is yet to go over 100 yards this season. Not really a huge dropoff in my opinion.

The QB one is interesting. I don't doubt that Brees is going to continue to put up huge numbers. I'm not saying that it won't be a dropoff down to Cam. But if you look at who he's playing the rest of the season, he's facing weak defenses in Washington, Tampa, KC, Oakland, Philly.

I think he'll come around, and the dropoff won't be as big as it looks. Plus he's got the running game which will really help.

It's a risk, but as things stand right now, I dunno if I have the team to win it all.

Old
11-03-2012, 02:03 AM
BGDDYKWL

You're taking a big hit at QB, particularly if you get 6 points per passing TD. I completely understand your concerns, as I had (and traded) Ridley. I was thin at WR and the two teams who were stacked didn't want Ridley so I traded him for Wallace. Could end up being a bad deal, but like you said, one fumble and his value really plummets, and that really worried me. AP is a big upgrade over Ridley, despite the YTD numbers being pretty close, but the hit at QB is just too much for me to make this deal.

BGDDYKWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2012, 02:39 AM
MSPGabe
Born & Bred In Maine

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGDDYKWL View Post
You're taking a big hit at QB, particularly if you get 6 points per passing TD. I completely understand your concerns, as I had (and traded) Ridley. I was thin at WR and the two teams who were stacked didn't want Ridley so I traded him for Wallace. Could end up being a bad deal, but like you said, one fumble and his value really plummets, and that really worried me. AP is a big upgrade over Ridley, despite the YTD numbers being pretty close, but the hit at QB is just too much for me to make this deal.
Passing TDs are 3 points in my league. Rushing TDs are 6.

Fumbles and INTs are also only -1 in my league, so a QB like Newton doesn't hurt as much.

Old
11-03-2012, 04:26 AM
BGDDYKWL

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBruins231 View Post
Passing TDs are 3 points in my league. Rushing TDs are 6.
This makes a big difference. Are we talking about Fred Davis or Vernon (I just assumed Vernon). Also, is the rest of the scoring standard in your league?

Last edited by BGDDYKWL: 11-03-2012 at 06:11 PM.
Old
11-04-2012, 12:28 AM
MSPGabe
Born & Bred In Maine

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGDDYKWL View Post
This makes a big difference. Are we talking about Fred Davis or Vernon (I just assumed Vernon). Also, is the rest of the scoring standard in your league?
Vernon.

PPR. 5 bonus points for going over 100 rushing/receiving, 5 bonus points for 300+ passing, 5 bonus points for a 40+ yard TD.

TE's get 2 points for every 15 yards, and 3 bonus points for going over 90.

Old
11-04-2012, 12:54 AM
BGDDYKWL

The 5 points for 300 yards definitely hurts cause obviously Brees is gonna do it more than Cam, but only 3 points per passing TD instead of 6 makes this one very interesting. I feel like you slightly lose the deal, assuming all things continue as they were, but if Bolden returns and starts eating into Ridley's workload, or Ridley fumbles again, you could be in trouble, especially considering the fact that we all know McFadden is injury prone. I think it's a safe deal, and something can certainly be said for that. I feel like AP is hitting his stride, and Ridley has some brutal matchups coming up. I'd probably pull the trigger.

Old
11-04-2012, 01:41 AM
MSPGabe
Born & Bred In Maine

Well I offered it. No clue if he'll accept, but since he's 2-6, he might. He still has a longshot to make the playoffs, and Brees might get him there.

Since it sounds reasonably close to an even deal, with potential upside for both, I hope he accepts.