HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Oilers to Complete "Wow Factor Trade"?

Closed Thread

Old
11-03-2012, 09:36 PM
Punch Imlach Reborn

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
The Oilers already have their pp Qb. His name is Justin Schultz.
I hope that he is able to make the same transition to the NHl that he has made in the AHL, but there is a big difference between the two and a veteran quarterback on the powerplay and someone who is a little more at easy handling the puck than the guys that wear the Oliers jersey today, would not hurt us...of, at least, thats the way I see it...

Old
11-03-2012, 09:49 PM
blankall

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF24 View Post
If the Oilers could do Yak + for Subban, I think they'd be my favorite team in the NHL outside of my own team (NYR). Montreal probably doesn't do it (although Yak + Galy would be awesome) but if Edmonton could swing it somehow, I think they'd be looking pretty legitimate. Still a goalie away, but something can be done there.
haha the Oilers would not be adding in a Yakupov for Subban deal. Montreal would take that, run, and then change their phone number to avoid a take back.

Old
11-03-2012, 09:52 PM
FanHabtic

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
haha the Oilers would not be adding in a Yakupov for Subban deal. Montreal would take that, run, and then change their phone number to avoid a take back.
Why would the Habs make a trade that would make them significantly worse? Basically in order to get Subban it would take a huge overpayment. Yakupov is not enough of an overpayment.

Subban is virtually untouchable from a Habs perspective due to team needs. Yakupov is certainly not untouchable from an Oilers perspective.

This thread is comical.

Old
11-03-2012, 09:58 PM
SDig14

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanHabtic View Post
Why would the Habs make a trade that would make them significantly worse? Basically in order to get Subban it would take a huge overpayment. Yakupov is not enough of an overpayment.

Subban is virtually untouchable from a Habs perspective due to team needs. Yakupov is certainly not untouchable from an Oilers perspective.

This thread is comical.
Well, you are more than fair in saying you think Subban is intouchable, but suggesting you know that Yakupov isn't untouchable from an Edmonton perspective just because of team needs is a bit silly.

We have winger depth, but Yakupov is untouchable because he is that good.

Old
11-03-2012, 09:59 PM
blankall

Quote:

This thread is comical.
you realize that Yakupov was the universal choice for first overall just a couple months ago?

Subban is very good. But he's also a 23 year old defenceman with questionable defensive game. He had 7 goals and 36 points last year. He's good but players of that calibre do not get you the first overall pick.

Old
11-03-2012, 10:08 PM
Avs44

vCash: 3319
Quote:

This thread is comical.
Saying a player is worth more than another because one is on an "untouchable" list and one is not is flawed logic. Perhaps that makes the "untouchable" player worth more to the team he is on, but certainly not other teams. I'm sure if the Oilers had three top young D ahead of Subban, Subban would not be on the untouchable list either.

I don't even understand your last sentence..."Subban is virtually untouchable from a Habs perspective due to team needs. Yakupov is certainly not untouchable from an Oilers perspective." what...? Somehow Subban>Yakupov simply because the Oilers already have three other top players? Wow...people forget Yakupov was drafted 1st overall so fast...look at the other 1st overall picks. Sure, he has less value than them right now because he has not reached their level yet, be he has an excellent chance of turning into something similar. If I was Edmonton I would not consider moving him at all, unless some team crazily overpayed. If they traded him for anything less, they could be regretting it for many many years.

Oh, and how did you even come up with Yakupov is not untouchable? For crazy overpayment I'm sure he would not be, but nor would Subban. The Oilers did not move that pick at the draft. I don't see why they would move Yakupov now when nothing has changed.

Old
11-03-2012, 10:34 PM
Ho Borvat

What kind of legs would a deal based around these assets have?

- Obviously pieces added to balance out cap difference
- Likely a few picks/prospects to adjust

Edmonton
Roberto Luongo

Vancouver
Sam Gagner
Ales Hemsky

- Hemsky likely not in Edmontons long term future
- Gagner not exactly a core player
- Luongo likely has a bigger impact short term/long term than these players.
- Vancouver gets some "win now" pieces (3-C and top 6 fwd)

Old
11-03-2012, 10:40 PM
Ho Borvat

Vancouver
Ales Hemsky
Sam Gagner
Magnus Paajarvi

Edmonton
Roberto Luongo
Mason Raymond
Jordan Schroeder
1st Round pick

Old
11-03-2012, 10:50 PM
WhereIsIt
#gift

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by kack zassian View Post

Edmonton
Roberto Luongo

Vancouver
Sam Gagner
Ales Hemsky

A trade based around these players would make both teams better, tough news for the rest of the division and conference.

Old
11-04-2012, 12:26 AM
archangel archangel

vCash: 50
Quote:
Vancouver
Ales Hemsky
Sam Gagner
Magnus Paajarvi

Edmonton
Roberto Luongo
Mason Raymond
Jordan Schroeder
1st Round pick
Are you sure you are a Canucks fan? For that package going to Edmonton, I think either Hall, Yakupov, Hopkins or Eberle would need to be involved in the players coming to the West Coast

Old
11-04-2012, 12:32 AM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Quote:

Edmonton
Roberto Luongo

Vancouver
Sam Gagner
Ales Hemsky

Quote:
Vancouver
Ales Hemsky
Sam Gagner
Magnus Paajarvi

Edmonton
Roberto Luongo
Mason Raymond
Jordan Schroeder
1st Round pick
MPS isn't worth Raymond, Schroeder, and a 1st.

I'd probably do the first, the second, no way.

Old
11-04-2012, 12:51 AM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
MPS isn't worth Raymond, Schroeder, and a 1st.

I'd probably do the first, the second, no way.
I'd do the second if we took out Schroeder and changed the 1st to a 2nd. I'd also be interested in Hartikainen.

11-04-2012, 01:12 AM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDig14 View Post
Well, you are more than fair in saying you think Subban is intouchable, but suggesting you know that Yakupov isn't untouchable from an Edmonton perspective just because of team needs is a bit silly.

We have winger depth, but Yakupov is untouchable because he is that good.
If anything Yakupov would be the one trade, it will be either Eberle or Yakupov and I would take Eberle everyday of the year, no questions asked. The Oilers lack size in their top 6 and need to get bigger and grittier to compete with the likes of the Kings and Canucks and Yakupov doesn't bring that.

Old
11-04-2012, 01:23 AM
GreyEagle14

Quote:

Edmonton
Roberto Luongo

Vancouver
Sam Gagner
Ales Hemsky

This deal makes a lot of sense for both sides IMO. However, Edmonton would be crazy to do this without getting a 2C to replace Gagner. Their depth down the middle is brutal. RNH-Horcoff-Belanger-Lander is absolutely laughable.not saying Van would have to add. But maybe flip Dubnyk somewhere for a mid-late twenties centre with reasonable two-way ability.

Old
11-04-2012, 01:26 AM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyEagle14 View Post
This deal makes a lot of sense for both sides IMO. However, Edmonton would be crazy to do this without getting a 2C to replace Gagner. Their depth down the middle is brutal. RNH-Horcoff-Belanger-Lander is absolutely laughable.not saying Van would have to add. But maybe flip Dubnyk somewhere for a mid-late twenties centre with reasonable two-way ability.
Dubnyk for Bozak might make sense...

Old
11-04-2012, 01:27 AM
SERE 24
LGR

To me, Subban's "questionable" defensive game is a more of a popular internet opinion than an actual fact and the truth is he's a two-way franchise d-man. I think Yakupov might max out at a more valuable ceiling, but the fact is, when you have Hall, RNH and Eberle and your team's top need is a young, two-way, franchise defender, I don't mind overpaying to land the necessary player. Especially not when they're only 23 and clearly still getting better.

Old
11-04-2012, 01:29 AM
sanitysrequiem

I think the luongo for gagner and hemsky trade is fair. Would also give the kesler and booth line a playmaking winger which they desperately need.

Boston fans, would Boston be willing to trade Bergeron instead of krejci? Bergeron and a 1st/2nd sounds good to me for Yakupov.

Old
11-04-2012, 01:52 AM
Spawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by typicryptic View Post
I think the luongo for gagner and hemsky trade is fair. Would also give the kesler and booth line a playmaking winger which they desperately need.

Boston fans, would Boston be willing to trade Bergeron instead of krejci? Bergeron and a 1st/2nd sounds good to me for Yakupov.
The Oilers aren't in a position to trade Sam Gagner unless they can get back a centerman who can replace him in the #2 role. If there is no Gagner on this team, after RNH the option for 2nd line center would be worst in the league.

Horcoff? Maybe 4 years ago, not now
Belanger? Couldn't score a goal if his life depended on it
Lander? Can't even put up points at the AHL level.

There isn't anyone else who is even close to being NHL ready. Maybe if Taylor Hall makes a shift to center and succeeds a Sam Gagner trade could be discussed (there has been discussion that once he gets back into the swing of things at the AHL level he might be tried there). Until then Gagner needs to stay. As I said, if they could get someone back to replace him in a trade it might make sense. But not many teams in the league are going to be looking to trade a second line centerman for Sam Gagner.

Old
11-04-2012, 02:10 AM
Ho Borvat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn View Post
The Oilers aren't in a position to trade Sam Gagner unless they can get back a centerman who can replace him in the #2 role. If there is no Gagner on this team, after RNH the option for 2nd line center would be worst in the league.

Horcoff? Maybe 4 years ago, not now
Belanger? Couldn't score a goal if his life depended on it
Lander? Can't even put up points at the AHL level.

There isn't anyone else who is even close to being NHL ready. Maybe if Taylor Hall makes a shift to center and succeeds a Sam Gagner trade could be discussed (there has been discussion that once he gets back into the swing of things at the AHL level he might be tried there). Until then Gagner needs to stay. As I said, if they could get someone back to replace him in a trade it might make sense. But not many teams in the league are going to be looking to trade a second line centerman for Sam Gagner.
Seems crazy but what about

Oilers
Tim Connolly
Mike Komisarek

Leafs
Shawn Horcoff
Nikolai Khabibulin

Leafs get a veteran backup.

Basically works out to Connolly for Khabibulin (and a change of scenary for Horc/Komi)

Old
11-04-2012, 03:24 AM
SexyJoffreyLupul

Quote:

Oilers
Tim Connolly
Mike Komisarek

Leafs
Shawn Horcoff
Nikolai Khabibulin

Basically works out to Connolly for Khabibulin (and a change of scenary for Horc/Komi)

LOL i'll drive them to the airport.

still Leafs management won't go for it because our blue line would be the softest in the league.

Old
11-04-2012, 05:21 AM
oilwings

Quote:

Oilers
Tim Connolly
Mike Komisarek

Leafs
Shawn Horcoff
Nikolai Khabibulin

Oiler fan here, I do the trade without thinking. Komi is alright and Horcoff is terrible. I'd take Connolly over Gagner at 2C anyday. We can then move Gagner to the 3C and not use Bellanger at 3C.

Komi, Whitney, J. Schultz, N. Schultz, Petry, and Smid. I'll take Komi over Peckham anyday.

Dubnyk, Bellanger, and a 3rd for Luongo and Schroeder.

With all said and done, we get rid of Horcoff, Khabibulin, Bellanger, and Dubnyk for Luongo, Connolly, Schroeder, and Komi.

Give Hall the 'C' and Yakupov gets his #10. Everyone is happy. Most importantly we get rid of Horcoff and Bellanger, 2 of the biggest problems in the lineup last yr.

Last edited by oilwings: 11-04-2012 at 05:41 AM.
Old
11-04-2012, 05:46 AM
Howboutthempanthers
No Bandwagon Allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
To VAN:
Hemsky

To EDM:
Luongo

- - - - - -

To FLA:
Yakupov
Klefblom

To EDM:
Kulikov
Gudbranson
Maybe, on the second trade. You can't have both of our defensemen though. Maybe replace Kulikov with Weiss. But having said that I know it won't happen because Tallon is partial to North Americans and in this trade he is sending away two and bringing back two Europeans. He probably wouldn't be looking to do a deal like this.

Last edited by Howboutthempanthers: 11-04-2012 at 05:53 AM.
Old
11-04-2012, 07:14 AM
FanHabtic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
Saying a player is worth more than another because one is on an "untouchable" list and one is not is flawed logic. Perhaps that makes the "untouchable" player worth more to the team he is on, but certainly not other teams. I'm sure if the Oilers had three top young D ahead of Subban, Subban would not be on the untouchable list either.

I don't even understand your last sentence..."Subban is virtually untouchable from a Habs perspective due to team needs. Yakupov is certainly not untouchable from an Oilers perspective." what...? Somehow Subban>Yakupov simply because the Oilers already have three other top players? Wow...people forget Yakupov was drafted 1st overall so fast...look at the other 1st overall picks. Sure, he has less value than them right now because he has not reached their level yet, be he has an excellent chance of turning into something similar. If I was Edmonton I would not consider moving him at all, unless some team crazily overpayed. If they traded him for anything less, they could be regretting it for many many years.

Oh, and how did you even come up with Yakupov is not untouchable? For crazy overpayment I'm sure he would not be, but nor would Subban. The Oilers did not move that pick at the draft. I don't see why they would move Yakupov now when nothing has changed.
No one is suggesting that the Oilers move yak. All I am saying is that due to team needs the habs value subban more than they would value. Yak!

Yakupov may have more value than subban on a whole. But it isn't enough for the habs to weaken their team by making this trade. The hole it would create is massive.

From a habs pov subban is untouchable. I'll retract my statement about yakupov not being untouchable from the oilers perspective. Maybe he is untouchable! (He is certainly a luxury from an oiler team needs perspective as opposed to a necessity)

Old
11-04-2012, 07:21 AM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Dubnyk for Bozak might make sense...
This makes zero sense. We have Reimer/Scrivens....we have no need for Dubnyk as he is virtually the same...young and unproven.

Old
11-04-2012, 07:26 AM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilwings View Post
Oiler fan here, I do the trade without thinking. Komi is alright and Horcoff is terrible. I'd take Connolly over Gagner at 2C anyday. We can then move Gagner to the 3C and not use Bellanger at 3C.

Komi, Whitney, J. Schultz, N. Schultz, Petry, and Smid. I'll take Komi over Peckham anyday.

Dubnyk, Bellanger, and a 3rd for Luongo and Schroeder.

With all said and done, we get rid of Horcoff, Khabibulin, Bellanger, and Dubnyk for Luongo, Connolly, Schroeder, and Komi.

Give Hall the 'C' and Yakupov gets his #10. Everyone is happy. Most importantly we get rid of Horcoff and Bellanger, 2 of the biggest problems in the lineup last yr.
Everyone is happy? Not sure the Leafs are. Connolly only has one year left and we actually need him as our Center depth is horrid. With the trading of Schenn, Komi is also needed. Horcoff is just brutal and overpaid, Habby we could use if he is healthy.

Closed Thread