HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Canucks Scouting Staff at Marlies/Heat Game Last Night

Old
11-02-2012, 05:52 PM
Whydidijoin*

vCash: 500
Scouts watching players!? Somebody alert the authorities!

Whydidijoin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 06:16 PM
ponder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Hoser View Post
Scouts scouting? Obviously something crazy must be happening. It's not like scouts normally scout.
Indeed, scouts at a game, must be a trade!!111!!!111!!!

Rumour sites need to invent stories to get hits, that's how they work. No need to fall for it like sheep, though.

ponder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 06:27 PM
Drew311
Bustlander

It's really not the scouting staff that is surprising, it's the main pieces of management from both teams being in attendance.

No need for smartass remarks (what else do I expect on here). Sure, there may be a good explanation for this, but it could also be a sign that there is a deal is in the works. Give up the condescending attitude like the thought of a potential deal is so far fetched, it's extremely annoying and immature.

Drew311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 07:29 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaive View Post
I said it once and I'll say it again: Flames have no prospects.
Sven, Reinhart, Horak, Brodie, Ruegsegger,Breen, and Lamb are considered prospect for some.

Again not to mention this is AHL team is in Canuck territory, it`s just much easier for them to get a grasp for these players and as well for Toronto's prospect. Doesn't mean they have to make some deal.

11-02-2012, 08:02 PM
MapleLeafsFan4Ever
Go Leafs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
If the NHL owners get their way Luongo's contract sticks on the Canucks when/if he retires before it expires regardless of where he is playing.

Burke would be happy about that.
I hope that's what happens once the CBA is reached, because it would make getting Luongo easier knowing he still on the Canucks salary cap if he retires before his contract finishes.

MapleLeafsFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2012, 03:04 AM
Whydidijoin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew311 View Post
It's really not the scouting staff that is surprising, it's the main pieces of management from both teams being in attendance.

No need for smartass remarks (what else do I expect on here). Sure, there may be a good explanation for this, but it could also be a sign that there is a deal is in the works. Give up the condescending attitude like the thought of a potential deal is so far fetched, it's extremely annoying and immature.
During a lockout, that is not odd at all. A potential deal is farfetched. Posting whenever somebody looks at a player is extremely annoying and immature.

Whydidijoin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2012, 03:21 AM
MorriPage

I'd chalk this up to a simple case of organizations having their scouts, you know, continue to scout games rather than sit around doing nothing. It's a game in Abbottsford. Not a stretch to say there'd be Canucks scouts in attendance.

MorriPage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 04:02 PM
BudForLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFS FAN 4 EVER View Post
I hope that's what happens once the CBA is reached, because it would make getting Luongo easier knowing he still on the Canucks salary cap if he retires before his contract finishes.
Yeah, but wouldn't Luongo's price tag go up? One of the big reason's he'd be available at a discount is his lengthy contract.

BudForLife is offline   Reply With Quote