HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Part 4|GM#12:Toronto @ Oklahoma City|13/11/2012|11:30AM|Stars that don't shine

Closed Thread

Old
11-09-2012, 08:43 PM
Morlesio14*

vCash: 500
good powerplay. almost put one in

Old
11-09-2012, 08:48 PM
Everlong
JoeyBats

Damigo gets high-sticked and the stars get a PP?? Did I just hear that right?

Old
11-09-2012, 08:50 PM
Leafs at Knight
Fire Burn the Ice

Dat puck movement

Old
11-09-2012, 08:51 PM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morlesio14 View Post
are any of you guys concerned of their fatigue level in 3 in 3?
Kadri and Colborne should be well rested.

Vaive and Ludzik on collapse, and Phaneuf.
Old
anderson3133

Komarov!

Old
Everlong
JoeyBats

Nvm it was a Marlies PP.

Kamorov gets his second of the night. Johnny on the spot getting the rebound and firing it home.

He's had a few great games.

Old
11-09-2012, 08:52 PM
-DeMo-

Send a message via MSN to -DeMo-
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelb7 View Post
Might want to look up the stats on that one... Kadri has 1 less point than B. Schenn in 12 less NHL games. Couturier is another anomaly who made the NHL at age 18, mainly due to his defensive acumen. Sean is most definitely an exception, and not the norm.

I'm not saying Kadri is lighting the world on fire or that I'm not disappointed with his production this year, but at least check your facts and make good comparisons if you're gonna post.
right because points are what matter not the fact that Schenn has earned a full time spot as of last season on a much better Flyer team, and Kadri is struggling to make a much weaker Toronto team.

Couturier might be an anomaly for making it the year he was drafted but of the last 7th overall picks okposo, Voracek, Wilson, Skinner and I expect Schiefele to challenge for a spot on Winnepeg this season, all these guys were 7th overall picks and made the NHL full time after only a single season or less after being drafted. you have to go back to 2006 to Jack Skille who didn't make the jump to the NHL after a single season, so to say Kadri is on a proper development path for a top 10 pick imo is wrong, he's behind. that doesn't mean he wont become a great player in the future cuz I hope he does. but don't act like this is what was expected of a former 7th overall pick.

Old
11-09-2012, 08:53 PM
peety16

Komarov has looked pretty solid in every game I've watched this season...may have a player here

Old
11-09-2012, 08:54 PM
Everlong
JoeyBats

Big hit Yeo. Truck comin lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peety16 View Post
Komarov has looked pretty solid in every game I've watched this season...may have a player here
There's no doubt he's been one of our best players.

Old
11-09-2012, 08:55 PM
Leafs at Knight
Fire Burn the Ice

Abbot has 5 points in 3 games, and I don't think one person has mentioned him.

Old
11-09-2012, 08:56 PM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:
Be nice to have Komarov and Frattin both in the line up.

Old
11-09-2012, 08:57 PM
TheNorthFace
Mo and Willy

Quote:
He's impressed me a lot as well. He could be playing on the Leafs 3rd or 4th line if hockey resumes this season in my opinion.

Old
11-09-2012, 08:57 PM
Frankie

Quote:
Might want to look up the stats on that one... Kadri has 1 less point than B. Schenn in 12 less NHL games. Couturier is another anomaly who made the NHL at age 18, mainly due to his defensive acumen. Sean is most definitely an exception, and not the norm.

I'm not saying Kadri is lighting the world on fire or that I'm not disappointed with his production this year, but at least check your facts and make good comparisons if you're gonna post.
schenn played almost the entire season last year in the nhl, one of his short stints in the ahl early in the season was a conditioning stint. when he was in the ahl, he was dominant with 12 points in 7 games.

by christmas, he was a full-time bonafide nhler, contributing to the flyers' success, and went on to become an even bigger contributor in the playoffs.

kadri hasn't come anywhere close to that. its a fair, valid comparison. kadri isn't anywhere close schenn on the "development" scale. that's a huge disappointment.

Old
11-09-2012, 08:58 PM
Everlong
JoeyBats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs at Knight View Post
Abbot has 5 points in 3 games, and I don't think one person has mentioned him.
He's gotten some praise the last few games. Small sample size with him. I'm taking a wait and see approach as to what I'm expecting from him. So far so good.

Old
11-09-2012, 08:59 PM
bax

Quote:
I've seen him live twice now and both times he has really impressed. In the last game I saw (blowout against the Bulldogs) he was easily my favourite player on the ice and got a nice ovation when he got sent off with 6 minutes to go.

Old
11-09-2012, 08:59 PM
Morlesio14*

is that end of period 2. 2-0

Old
11-09-2012, 09:01 PM
peety16

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNorthFace View Post
He's impressed me a lot as well. He could be playing on the Leafs 3rd or 4th line if hockey resumes this season in my opinion.
I'd say he's deserved a good hard look that's for sure, he's been noticeable every time he's on the ice

Old
TheNorthFace
Mo and Willy

Anyone watching the game tell me how Ross has been? I don't imagine he's seen the ice a lot though.

Old
mikebel111
Optimistic/Patient

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
schenn played almost the entire season last year in the nhl, one of his short stints in the ahl early in the season was a conditioning stint. when he was in the ahl, he was dominant with 12 points in 7 games.

by christmas, he was a full-time bonafide nhler, contributing to the flyers' success, and went on to become an even bigger contributor in the playoffs.

kadri hasn't come anywhere close to that. its a fair, valid comparison. kadri isn't anywhere close schenn on the "development" scale. that's a huge disappointment.

kadri over schenn any day of the week, kadri will be good, just watch

Old
11-09-2012, 09:03 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

anyone have a watchable stream?

11-09-2012, 09:04 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Anyone watching the game tell me how Ross has been? I don't imagine he's seen the ice a lot though.
just tuned it or I'd have given you an update.

Old
11-09-2012, 09:06 PM
Frankie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebel111 View Post
kadri over schenn any day of the week, kadri will be good, just watch
really? that's your argument? i hope you're right.

is your opinion based on anything other than the fact the leafs happened to draft kadri?

Old
11-09-2012, 09:06 PM
Everlong
JoeyBats

Quote:
Yea, hasn't seen alot of icetime or atleast hasn't been around the puck that often. His line had some solid pressure in the 1st period which almost led to a goal. Stood up for Damigo after he got a bloody high-stick. Decent game thus far. Nothing too spectacular but he's a rookie, it's to be expected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
anyone have a watchable stream?
http://atdhenet.tv/52560/watch-toron...vs-texas-stars

(double audio again)

Old
11-09-2012, 09:11 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlong View Post
Yea, hasn't seen alot of icetime or atleast hasn't been around the puck that often. His line had some solid pressure in the 1st period which almost led to a goal. Stood up for Damigo after he got a bloody high-stick. Decent game thus far. Nothing too spectacular but he's a rookie, it's to be expected.

http://atdhenet.tv/52560/watch-toron...vs-texas-stars

(double audio again)
Thanks a lot man.

Old
11-09-2012, 09:16 PM
mikelb7

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by -DeMo- View Post
right because points are what matter not the fact that Schenn has earned a full time spot as of last season on a much better Flyer team, and Kadri is struggling to make a much weaker Toronto team.

Couturier might be an anomaly for making it the year he was drafted but of the last 7th overall picks okposo, Voracek, Wilson, Skinner and I expect Schiefele to challenge for a spot on Winnepeg this season, all these guys were 7th overall picks and made the NHL full time after only a single season or less after being drafted. you have to go back to 2006 to Jack Skille who didn't make the jump to the NHL after a single season, so to say Kadri is on a proper development path for a top 10 pick imo is wrong, he's behind. that doesn't mean he wont become a great player in the future cuz I hope he does. but don't act like this is what was expected of a former 7th overall pick.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie View Post

Wow, can we try reading my post next time before responding boys? I'm not disagreeing with either of you about Kadri being disappointing. All I'm saying is the other prospects you guys named haven't exactly lit the NHL on fire themselves. Yes, Couturier/Schenn and all other 7ths named are definitely better prospects/players than Naz now, no one would disagree with that. My point was simply this: Give Kadri more time. If he's as bad as you guys say he is, he must be worth nothing in a trade. So let's keep him and see how he turns out, as opposed to shipping him out in another Stempniak-esque trade. Nazem's skillset was obviously boom-or-bust from draft day and I'd rather he stick around until we figure out exactly how he'll turn out.

Let's also not forget that Nazem made the Leafs out of camp last year before getting injured, and also managed to be a positive Corsi player in the games he did play. 3 pts in 9 games is disappointing, but not the end of the world or his NHL career.

Closed Thread