HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hockey Prospectus: Top 50 Under 23; All Three Jets' Young Regulars Made the List

Old
10-29-2012, 01:59 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

vCash: 500
Hockey Prospectus: Top 50 Under 23; All Three Jets' Young Regulars Made the List

Hockey Prospectus: Top 50 Under 23

All three of the Jets' players who qualified to be considered were in the Top50 which is quite promising. Basically rated the order of NHL regulars who are under the age of 23.
Pronman had put significant emphasis on fancy stats, looking at possession and production levels while considering the quality of competition and zone-starts/usage. Consistency was also added to the equation and, also as usual due to the increased difficulty in predicting defensemen development, defensemen were automatically put at a disadvantage to a forward.

Quote:
21. Evander Kane, Left Wing, Winnipeg Jets

Kane was a tough rank, as I could see good arguments for him being much higher or a little lower. He has produced, but not at a very high level and the difficulty of his minutes have been average. That all said, he is very gifted and looks the part of a consistent 30-goal scorer.
Quote:
23. Zach Bogosian, Defense, Winnipeg Jets

Bogosian may not have reached the level of fellow 2008 draftees like Pietrangelo, Doughty, and Karlsson, but he is still a pretty good player. Big, mobile defensemen who can defend very well and move the puck at an above-average level don't grow on trees, and if they do, I know a few NHL teams who would like to know the location of one of those trees. He has been a consistent, quality player the last few seasons and still has another notch or so to his game.
Quote:
40. Alexander Burmistrov, Center, Winnipeg Jets

Burmistrov is a gifted player who can be a lot of fun to watch when he's on. He is very good with the puck, has high-end hockey sense, and skates well. Usually with players who have the tools, and are as young as Burmistrov, while the production has not yet come, it is a combination of their physical game/getting stronger and playing up to pace that are to blame. Those things tend to come with experience and gym work. Burmistrov has been solid at even-strength, and though he hasn't broken out yet, I see him as a pretty quality player in his prime.

While I don't always agree with Pronman, I always respect him.

garret9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 02:11 PM
allan5oh
#moneypushups

vCash: 50
Too bad he didn't mention Burmistrovs defensive play and PK abilities.

allan5oh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 02:55 PM
Rheged
JMFT

vCash: 500
Seemed like a pretty good list, I could see Kane being a couple spots higher, but he said that himself so no real gripes there.

The only thing that really jumped out at me was Stepan being as low as he was (most specifically David Rundblad being ahead of him) but really there's good arguments for pretty much everyone where they are.

Rheged is offline   Reply With Quote