HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Season Ticket Holders and the lockout

Old
11-01-2012, 04:01 PM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

vCash: 500
Season Ticket Holders and the lockout

As a non season ticket holder, I'm a bit curious how you guys are dealing with this.

Have the Sabres contacted you?
Are they offering some sort of compensation?
Have you or anybody you know called demanding compensation?
Are you considering cancelling them? How do you think the team would react?

I feel like if people really wanted to send a message, season ticket holders cancelling in droves would most definitely work.

HockeyH3aven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2012, 04:18 PM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

All season ticket holders and minipack holders were contacted.

They're offering you 4% interest on your money if you leave it when them, or letting you take refunds at the beginning of every month for any games canceled to that point.

http://sabres.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=83077

They have one of the more flexible options, and are paying a middle of the road interest rate compared to other teams that are doing something similar.

SackTastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2012, 04:24 PM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechsack View Post
All season ticket holders and minipack holders were contacted.

They're offering you 4% interest on your money if you leave it when them, or letting you take refunds at the beginning of every month for any games canceled to that point.

http://sabres.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=83077

They have one of the more flexible options, and are paying a middle of the road interest rate compared to other teams that are doing something similar.
That seems pretty fair. I was talking to a Devils fan and apparently they're stuck paying for cancelled games until a certain amount of it gets cancelled (which hasn't been reached yet). I'd be heading down to the ticket office with a gas can and some matches.

Old
11-01-2012, 04:29 PM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

Some Bruins bloggers, who are GREAT at smack talk, and generally good dudes, put up a blog post back in September recapping whatever they could find about how NHL teams were handling this.

http://daysofyorr.com/2012-articles/...t-holders.html

I think your Devils fan friend is a bit misinformed too. They're basically doing the same thing as Buffalo, except 2% interest, and a much longer wait on cancellation refunds.

Old
11-01-2012, 04:52 PM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

I kept my money I paid (full payment) this year with the Sabres. I gain that 4% deal. And the games I don't go to due to the lockout will just roll into next season. The 4% I'll roll onto my Sabrebucks card when the games resume. Win win.

ZZamboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2012, 05:00 PM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

I'm hoping a lot of people cancel so I can move up the list faster for full seasons again.

Old
11-01-2012, 05:10 PM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

Quote:
I'm hoping a lot of people cancel so I can move up the list faster for full seasons again.

I must say, I've pretty much sworn off paying to go there. I paid $180 to watch them lose a game to the Florida panthers 6-2. The tickets are just incredibly expensive for a sport that plays 82+ games a year.

That being said, I did get club seats to a pre-season game last year. Having access to a bar right behind my seats works wonders for helping to enjoy the game. Sadly, I'm nowhere near wealthy enough to make that regular thing.

Old
11-01-2012, 05:19 PM
Ron C.
HFBoards Sponsor

I signed up to pay for my season tickets by the Sabres Direct payment option. Once the lockout began, the monthly payments were suspended. I can go along with that.

Ron C. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2012, 06:34 PM
sabresfan129103

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyH3aven View Post

I must say, I've pretty much sworn off paying to go there. I paid $180 to watch them lose a game to the Florida panthers 6-2. The tickets are just incredibly expensive for a sport that plays 82+ games a year.

That being said, I did get club seats to a pre-season game last year. Having access to a bar right behind my seats works wonders for helping to enjoy the game. Sadly, I'm nowhere near wealthy enough to make that regular thing.
Ha, I was at that game too. It was back in 2009 I think. I was in 300's and 2 tickets cost me like 50 or 60 bucks. Not as much as you, but I definitely felt like I wasted my money.

sabresfan129103 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2012, 08:48 PM
Rebuild

Quote:

Came here to say this. about 10% of the season ticket holders canceled I'd be happy.

Rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2012, 09:24 PM
aceface33

I asked them to refund my money every month. There was supposed to be a refund today but still nothing in my account...I wonder when it will come.

Anyways, I probably won't cancel. I have some of the best seats in the cheapest section in the arena, only ~$20 a game. I can sell the games I don't go to for much more than that so I'm pretty sure I break even, I never sat down and worked it out though.

Edit: Right after I posted this I checked my account again and they had refunded the money for October games. Well played Sabres...obviously someone in the ticket office is reading my posts.

Last edited by aceface33: 11-01-2012 at 09:34 PM.
aceface33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 08:07 AM
copter

That 4% interest you earn if you leave your money with the club only starts acruing after the originally scheduled date of the game. It would be a lot fairer if they paid it from the date they actually collected your money. That interest won't amount to much for the vast majority of ticket holders.

copter is offline   Reply With Quote