HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jose, the model

Closed Thread

Old
02-05-2005, 11:09 PM
Tricolore#20
PK PK PK

vCash: 500
Jose, the model

I was checking out the Djurgarden website, and thought it was pretty cool how they were promoting Jose Theodore. Then I came across some of these pictures:

http://www.difhockey.se/bilder/kgxuyggs.jpg
http://www.difhockey.se/bilder/g27s9uyn.jpg

Maybe Brett Hull was right on the effects of a lockout on Canadians.

:lol

Old
02-05-2005, 11:10 PM
MasterD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricolore#20
I was checking out the Djurgarden website, and thought it was pretty cool how they were promoting Jose Theodore. Then I came across some of these pictures:

http://www.difhockey.se/bilder/kgxuyggs.jpg
http://www.difhockey.se/bilder/g27s9uyn.jpg

Maybe Brett Hull was right on the effects of a lockout on Canadians.

:lol
dunno what Hull said about that, but I agree those pics are funny... Jose looks like a kid on the first one, so small.. lol

He also looks like something else, but I don't think I can mention that here

Old
02-05-2005, 11:24 PM
CH Wizard

Send a message via MSN to CH Wizard
$$$$$$$

6.6 millions wasn't enough for him ?

What I don't like is that girls in my school were listening to the habs just for Theo because they find him pretty. What's next ? Maman dion va commencer a écouter le hockey parce-qu'il parait qu'au hockey , il faut tous les ingredients pour gagner. BOUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!

I don't like Theo.BTW , who's that guy with him ?

Last edited by CH Wizard: 02-05-2005 at 11:33 PM.
Old
02-05-2005, 11:36 PM
Habsolument

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great One
Maman dion va commencer a écouter le hockey parce-qu'il parait qu'au hockey , il faut tous les ingredients pour gagner.
On dirait du Danielle Sauvageau.... et non, c'est pas une bonne chose ( SVP ne ramener pas les threads de Danielle Sauvageau, pitié)

Old
02-05-2005, 11:38 PM
CH Wizard

Send a message via MSN to CH Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument
On dirait du Danielle Sauvageau.... et non, c'est pas une bonne chose ( SVP ne ramener pas les threads de Danielle Sauvageau, pitié)

Danielle Sauvageau : <<Il faut marquer plus souvent que l'adversaire pour gagner.>>

Je vais faire des cauchemars.

Old
02-05-2005, 11:44 PM
Preds

C'est qui le gars à côté de Yôôôsé ?

Old
02-05-2005, 11:46 PM
SkoulasOut4theSummer

Quote:
$$$$$$$

What I don't like is that girls in my school were listening to the habs just for Theo because they find him pretty. What's next ? Maman dion va commencer a écouter le hockey parce-qu'il parait qu'au hockey , il faut tous les ingredients pour gagner. BOUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!

The other playing with Jose is Johannes Salmonsson, a Penguins draft pick.

Old
02-06-2005, 12:07 AM
Brisson11

Send a message via MSN to Brisson11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evasuk21
The other playing with Jose is Johannes Salmonsson, a Penguins draft pick.
He hasn't played for the Pens has he? I swear I heard that name in a game or something.

BTW, theo looks hypnotised in the second pic. I don't think the sweeds are treating him right!

Old
02-06-2005, 12:14 AM
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

Jose le gardien de but, Jose le modèle, Jose le guitariste, Jose le punk, JOSE LE NIAISEUX !

Les fans de Pérusse vont comprendre..

Old
02-06-2005, 12:35 AM
Squeaky

:lol I love the armband.

Old
02-06-2005, 12:59 AM
Balej20*

Is jose married to that girl Stephanie? Cause if hes not, im gonna start wondering a little..........

Old
02-06-2005, 08:16 AM
Histrion

Send a message via MSN to Histrion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument
Un peu plus et l'envie me viendrait de remonter mon thread en honneur à Danielle Sauvageau..

Old
02-06-2005, 09:12 AM
Gainey RULZ

Send a message via MSN to Gainey RULZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH²
Jose le gardien de but, Jose le modèle, Jose le guitariste, Jose le punk, JOSE LE NIAISEUX !

Old
02-06-2005, 09:34 AM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Quote:
$$$$$$$

I just can't beleive how Theodore can still be considered as a top goalie in the game. He had one great season, one average and two very bad. How is that worthy of a top goalie? He was actually so bad in 2000-01 and 2002-03 that we landed the 7th overall pick and 10th overall pick, with very decent teams. Also, he took part of playoffs run, and the team in front of him was really sharp, and in both cases he was almost the worst goalie with a 3.07 GAA in 2001-02 (how can you win in playoffs if you gotta score 4 goals!!!), also he screwed us against Carolina with the worst playoff performance I ever witnessed. Then, last year, he sucked against Boston and even more against Tampa. He had the worst stats among the goalies who played 7+ games. What a shame a he's well rated by habs fans, it just proves how biased some of us are.

Old
02-06-2005, 09:44 AM
habsfan4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip J. Fry
I just can't beleive how Theodore can still be considered as a top goalie in the game. He had one great season, one average and two very bad. How is that worthy of a top goalie? He was actually so bad in 2000-01 and 2002-03 that we landed the 7th overall pick and 10th overall pick, with very decent teams. Also, he took part of playoffs run, and the team in front of him was really sharp, and in both cases he was almost the worst goalie with a 3.07 GAA in 2001-02 (how can you win in playoffs if you gotta score 4 goals!!!), also he screwed us against Carolina with the worst playoff performance I ever witnessed. Then, last year, he sucked against Boston and even more against Tampa. He had the worst stats among the goalies who played 7+ games. What a shame a he's well rated by habs fans, it just proves how biased some of us are.
It's pretty easy to make a list of the bad. I could just as easily make a list of good accomplishments to counter your argument, but it's a pointless argument.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. He's what we've got right now and I personally think he's a great goaltender. I think he will be a top 10 goalie in the league over the course of the next decade, where ever he plays.

Old
02-06-2005, 10:07 AM
MasterD

Quote:
Agreed, I always thought we should have found a way to test Garon more, and if he steals the job (which I think he would have done, looking how he beat all the high ranked teams he played last year.. remember that crazy performance vs LA? Theo wouldnt have done that...), trade Theo...

I don't like him 'cause he's prone to big streaks and softies... Garon, while maybe not being as good as Theo on a hot streak, will always give you approx. the same level of play

Last edited by MasterD: 02-06-2005 at 10:26 AM.
Old
02-06-2005, 10:25 AM
Masao

I think Theodore is a great goaltender, the only problem is that he lets in way too many goals.

It seems that he stops all the most difficult shots, one-timers, dekes, etc. but gets beaten by weak wrist shots from the blue line or dead angles or something

Plus, he always seems to let in bad goals in the last minutes of tight games...

Old
02-06-2005, 10:28 AM
theo6060

Quote:
I still don't understand how some people have beef with Theodore. He had a bad year after winning the Hart and Vezina, yes, but history would dictate whenever a good player has an outstanding year he comes back the next year with a less than stellar performance. Kind of like the rookie jinx. Some people might forget the same happened to Iginla that year until he was able to turn it on around mid-January. So looking at his stats now, people would think Iginla had an awesome year when he wasn't until that point.

How the hell can you call that performance against Carolina the worst you've ever witnessed? By your standards, you must live under a rock or not watch much hockey at all. Do you not remember how he was peppered with shots throughout the playoffs? Game in and game out, shot after shot in such a short schedule with that much travel (but hey, hockey players aren't allowed to be fatigued right?) As for that same year's playoffs. If you have Game 5 against Boston, watch it. I have never seen a better goaltending performance in my life than the one Jose did against Boston, stopping 40+ shots while the Habs won 2-1 with only 14 shots on Byron Dafoe.

If you want to go ahead and compare him to other goalies then that's a pretty arbitrary thing to do. Among the goalies who played 7+ games, Jose had by far the least amount of help from his defenceman. I'm not going to sugarcoat it, our defence sucks. Jose's the only reason the Habs even made it to the 2nd round last year and come on, blaming him for how he played against Tampa are you insane? Nobody could stop Tampa, that team was on fire. So that's yet another pretty weak argument.

If you ask me, you're probably one of those people who just hates on him for all the things he does outside of hockey. Let the guy do what he wants, it's his life and he's not doing anything that reflects badly on the organization. If you want to hate him for that then so be it, but atleast realize that when he's playing, he's one of the best. As far as I'm concerned, he's easily one of the top five goalies in the league.

Old
02-06-2005, 10:34 AM
Anksun

Send a message via ICQ to Anksun
Oh come on,

not that again. It seems like we cannot have a great goalie in Mtl, it's never enough. For those who can remember, Roy was threat the same way in his last year in Mtl. People were telling similar stuff like: he let in softies, he play huge in "93 and before but now he's not that good... Now you wont find a single one of those saying this: no no, i always though he was a great one, we should have keep him, and blah blah blah.

COME ON, There's about 25 teams in the league who would trade their goalie for Theo straight up in a heartbeat and quite possibly 2 or 3 who would think of it A LOT.

And the funny part: he's not good enough.

Old
02-06-2005, 11:04 AM
mvp76

He should be in the weight room instead.

Old
02-06-2005, 11:09 AM
MasterD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anksun
COME ON, There's about 25 teams in the league who would trade their goalie for Theo straight up in a heartbeat and quite possibly 2 or 3 who would think of it A LOT.

And the funny part: he's not good enough.
Calgary would not, NJ either, Dallas either, Florida either, SJ I doubt it, Boston probably would not but I agree they might think about it, i dont think Tampa would, toronto probably wouldnt either, be it only because Theo isn't old enough for them, not too sure Anaheim would.. then there are all the teams with the DiPietros, the Lehtonens, the Fleurys of this world who would probably trade for something else than a goalie...

I don't think Theo is as valuable as you might think

Oh, and about the he's not good enough part.. it's not that he's not good enough, it'S that most people, me included, would prefer to settle for someone who might be a little bit worse than him, but that has CONSISTENCY!! Someone that gives your team some stability, who you're not afraid he'll let in a softie at any point.

Old
02-06-2005, 11:20 AM
Squeaky

Since when did we have very decent teams in 00-01 and 02-03? I mean I'm a diehard habs fan and all, but even I admit that those teams were well below average.

Old
02-06-2005, 11:48 AM
Balej20*

[QUOTE=Masao]I think Theodore is a great goaltender, the only problem is that he lets in way too many goals.QUOTE]

lol, kinda contradicting. But i know what you mean.

Old
02-06-2005, 11:53 AM
Tricolore#20
PK PK PK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masao
I think Theodore is a great goaltender, the only problem is that he lets in way too many goals.

It seems that he stops all the most difficult shots, one-timers, dekes, etc. but gets beaten by weak wrist shots from the blue line or dead angles or something

Plus, he always seems to let in bad goals in the last minutes of tight games...
Exactly. I love Theodore, he is my favourite player because of what he has done for this team. But sometimes I truly do question his clutch ability, despite his key wins in the playoffs against the Bruins. Allowing late goals have been a major flaw of his, as it happened many times this season, and especially during the playoffs. In game 4 of the Boston series, Mike Knuble put the puck in the last minute to tie it, and send it to overtime (where of course Murray scored). Then in the Tampa series, in game 3, we had the lead before Lecavalier scored in the final minute (and Richards banked it off Jose for the OT win). The elite netminders, like Roy, Hasek, Brodeur seem to have the ability to block everything out and persevere through situations like that. Theodore has all the physical capabilities to be the best netminder in the leg. He has quick legs and good lateral movement. But sometimes, I wonder whether he has the confidence in himself to be amongst the best. It happens to us all, where we doubt whether we should be considered amongst the elite. But all elite players are able to overcome that. I really do think that Theodore eventually will, and even with those issues, there are very few goalies I would take ahead of him right now.

Old
02-06-2005, 11:56 AM
Erngueva

Some you must remember that Jose is only 28 years old. His best years are not even behind him. I am confident he will gain in consistency during next couple of years. There is not a lot of goalie i will take ahead of him actually. Brodeur, Luongo, Khabi, (Turco?) ???? i'd judge the others at his level. And a question for those who think Theodore doesnt have consistency. Who, in the league, you consider to be consistent ? Other than brodeur, i dont see many.

Closed Thread