kyle evs48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 10:57 AM
Live in the Now
Global Moderator
YNWA

vCash: 500
Awards:
We should have bought Sturridge in the summer.

Live in the Now is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 11:01 AM
Chimaera
same ol' Caps

Should have bought a striker. Maybe him instead of Borini

Chimaera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 11:11 AM
Chimaera
same ol' Caps

What a goat track

Old
01-06-2013, 11:20 AM
kyle evs48
No words needed

that was the worst hand ball i've ever seen

Old
01-06-2013, 11:21 AM
Chimaera
same ol' Caps

Pretty blatant handball

Old
01-06-2013, 11:21 AM
Chimaera
same ol' Caps

It was Henry esque

Old
01-06-2013, 11:23 AM
kyle evs48
No words needed

Oh well. That one won't go down in history against a club like Mansfield.

Old
01-06-2013, 11:23 AM
Chimaera
same ol' Caps

He did certainly hit it, but not sure he meant it

Old
01-06-2013, 11:39 AM
Live in the Now
Global Moderator
YNWA

Awards:
Ref's fault for not noticing it.

Old
01-06-2013, 11:57 AM
mightyquack
You're the man Teemu

Great goal Luis, great goal

mightyquack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 12:00 PM
Chimaera
same ol' Caps

Yeah, I guess he's supposed to raise the flag and blow the whistle next time. No goal scorer would have stopped and said "oh, whoops". Maybe Hesky would have put it into the stands.

Old
01-06-2013, 12:28 PM
mightyquack
You're the man Teemu

Paul Cox [Mansfield Coach] on Suarez's Goal "I'd like to think it was extinctive, he's a terrific talent but I don't think it was intentional, to call him a cheat is cheap"

Paul Cox (Mansfield manager): "Do you feel cheated out if it? No, just because it Suarez he gets a bad wrap for it"

Peter McDowall ‏@Petermcdowall10
Brendan Rodgers says the 4th official admitted it did hit Suarez' hand but it was judged to be non-deliberate. #LFC

mightyquack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 12:41 PM
kyle evs48
No words needed

That is class from Cox.

Old
01-06-2013, 01:22 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Terrible reffing in the Liverpool game, Mansfield could've legitimately had 2-3 penalties on clear handballs and Suarez goal was handball as well. But all the missed calls against Liverpool in EPL make up for it.

Great game between Gunners and Swansea, Arsenal looked much, much better than last weeks fixture, but we really need is a finisher like Michu and probably why Arsenal wants Villa. The best part of this team is our pace and transition game, but I do not understand why Wenger wants to play a conservative style like Barca.

Last edited by S E P H: 01-06-2013 at 04:28 PM.
S E P H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 01:37 PM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

vCash: 50
Southend/Brentford v Chelsea.

Shrimper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 04:25 PM
Perd Hapley
Ya Heard With Perd

Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
Terrible reffing in the Liverpool game, Mansfield could've legitimately had 2-3 penalties on clear handballs and Suarez goal was handball as well. But all the missed calls against Liverpool in EPL make up for it.

Great game between Gunners and Swancity Sea, Arsenal looked much, much better than last weeks fixture, but we really need is a finisher like Michu and probably why Arsenal wants Villa. The best part of this team is our pace and transition game, but I do not understand why Wenger wants to play a conservative style like Barca.
Arsenal should have won, Swansea completely lost control of the game when Britton was subbed.

Perd Hapley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 08:03 PM
Live in the Now
Global Moderator
YNWA

Awards:
The media over there can make Suarez into a pantomime villain all they want to, but his eyes were closed when he hit the ball with his hand and he lashed it into the goal in a manner expecting it to be whistled dead. That being said, I'm sure there's not another player of his stature in world football who would go to a non-league side like that with a dodgy pitch and play as hard as he did, playing like it's a Champions League Final every week. And that's why I love him and would get rid of him for nobody or no moderately realistic amount of money.

Also wanted to mention that I find the outcry over him kissing his wife and daughter's name after scoring EXTREMELY hilarious. Yeah he should stop doing that just because the goal was dodgy, what a fella he'd be then.

Last edited by Live in the Now: 01-06-2013 at 08:14 PM.
Old
01-06-2013, 09:08 PM
kyle evs48
No words needed

People will continue to hate Suarez.

It's ok. He feeds off of it.

Old
01-07-2013, 03:37 AM
ProPAIN
Playoffs! NOW!!

Rodgers is right, Suarez didn't need confess or take responsibility. Yes sportsman spirit dictates that you tell the ref it was a handball but that rarely exists at this level. Last time I saw it is when Arshavin was tackled in the box but he said it wasn't a penalty (it was still given).

Feel bad for Mansfield though. They could've benefited from a replay and it would be more eye candy for us watching at home (if you know what I mean)

He's still a tool though.

ProPAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 05:17 AM
Chimaera
same ol' Caps

Add scores how he wants to the list

Old
01-07-2013, 12:25 PM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
Great game between Gunners and Swansea, Arsenal looked much, much better than last weeks fixture, but we really need is a finisher like Michu and probably why Arsenal wants Villa. The best part of this team is our pace and transition game, but I do not understand why Wenger wants to play a conservative style like Barca.
Our CB situation has been alarming for the past 5+ years IMO. I have no idea why we can't invest in solid defenders. Bacary Sagna looked lost yesterday and he's been "off" for the past coupe of weeks.

What's up with Jenkinson, is he injured?

DEVILS ALL THE WAY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 12:49 PM
villevalo

Our CB is not alarming, and we have solid defenders, we have three CBs that are international standard. Sagna has looked a bit suspect for a couple games sure, but for me he's one of if not the best RB in the league, incredibly underrated.

I should remind you that we are 4th best in goals conceded this year, doesn't really sound like a team with a dodgy defense to me.

villevalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 01:45 PM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by villevalo View Post
Our CB is not alarming, and we have solid defenders, we have three CBs that are international standard. Sagna has looked a bit suspect for a couple games sure, but for me he's one of if not the best RB in the league, incredibly underrated.

I should remind you that we are 4th best in goals conceded this year, doesn't really sound like a team with a dodgy defense to me.
Our CB's are nothing to write home about oustide of Vermaelen. I'm really not a fan of Mertesacker and Koscielny is good one game and brutal the other. I'd like to have two steady CB's and not a rotation of "average" defenders with Vermaelen as the only lock.

As for Sagna, he's a real solid RB, like you said maybe one of the best in the EPL but odds are he'll be playing elsewhere when his contract will run out, basically following the same path the rest of our stars took (Fabregas, RvP, Song, etc, etc, etc,). I hope he stays but the writting is on the wall and I'd fully understand if he'd left for a team that actually wants to win trophies and not just cling to a 4th seed giving them access to a CL birth.

We are 4th best in terms of goals conceded mostly cause we've played against average/mediocre teams since the start of the season outside of Manchester United and Chelsea.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 10:58 AM
villevalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
Our CB's are nothing to write home about oustide of Vermaelen. I'm really not a fan of Mertesacker and Koscielny is good one game and brutal the other. I'd like to have two steady CB's and not a rotation of "average" defenders with Vermaelen as the only lock.

As for Sagna, he's a real solid RB, like you said maybe one of the best in the EPL but odds are he'll be playing elsewhere when his contract will run out, basically following the same path the rest of our stars took (Fabregas, RvP, Song, etc, etc, etc,). I hope he stays but the writting is on the wall and I'd fully understand if he'd left for a team that actually wants to win trophies and not just cling to a 4th seed giving them access to a CL birth.

We are 4th best in terms of goals conceded mostly cause we've played against average/mediocre teams since the start of the season outside of Manchester United and Chelsea.
We'll the managers of Belgium, France and Germany must see something in them because they are locks to make their international squads. I'd argue that having 3 potential starters keeps everyone on their toes, Verm is probably the best of the 3 but his position isn't guaranteed, competition breeds success, the chance of not making the start on a weekend drives them on, it raises their performance, there's nothing worse than a good player who becomes complacent because there is simply no competition for their place.

I'll be honest and say I have no idea what's happening with Sagna. I'd give his stay/go a 50/50 right now.

I'll go with that remark saying Sagna going to another team is a pop at Arsenal not wanting to win things. I'm really getting ****ed off with those in the air melodramatic statements that everyone seems to be making these days. We are wanting to win trophies but not at the cost of sustainability. Yes we could spend a bit more than we do and over the summer we saw some decent money signings and I think once the stadium is truly finished off we will see the board ok more bigger signings. Remember that we as a club in recent times have never spent huge amounts, we won things with a sustainable team before, its not our fault that the sugar daddy teams came along and changed the game. If anyone thinks the Man City and Chelski and PSG owners in the world are in this for the long run are absolutely kidding themselves. They will leave and all the debt, all those huge running costs will come rushing through and it will rot those clubs from the inside out. We will be fine, because we run things like a sustainable business which is what modern football is.

I don't particularly get your last point about the goals against? Are you seriously saying that the only two good attacking teams are Chelsea and Man Utd? This isn't some backwater beer league, this is a league where every game is hard and every team has the potential to score goals, so to suggest that we are 4th best because we don't play Chelsea and Man Utd and friends every game is ludicrous.

villevalo is offline   Reply With Quote