HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Winter Classic Ticket Info

Old
02-16-2012, 02:57 PM
Huddy*

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Huddy*
Winter Classic Ticket Info

Just to keep an update on the info regarding the tickets...

I, as a ST Holder, got my playoff / 2012/13 reg. season packet today and in that packet describes information on WC festivities.

Quote:
As a Season Ticket Holder, you'll have opportunity to be there for every part of the celebration. Information regarding this package will be available to you at a later date.
Just wanna update the mass fan base on whats going on in regards to the tickets for the WC so that the MODS don't get hammered with em..

Ill update this thread as soon as I know as it looks like ST holders will have first access to everything.

Huddy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 04:00 PM
BamaWing

vCash: 598
sounds good man and appreciate it

BamaWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2012, 01:26 PM
mottjm7

Thanks.

you can also sign up for email/text updates from the winter classic website here. Not sure if that is any different or better information though.

mottjm7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2012, 01:46 PM
Fugu
Administrator
HFBoards

Quote:
As a Season Ticket Holder, you'll have opportunity to be there for every part of the celebration. Information regarding this package will be available to you at a later date.
This part slightly worries me. I suppose since it's technically a home game, STH's should be able to get their same number of seats. What I hope they don't do is bundle these tickets with the other stuff...

Fugu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2012, 02:18 PM
Shoalzie

Yeah, I'm on the call list with the Wings ticket office because I bought Gordie Howe ticket pack last season. The guy told me the only way to guarantee myself tickets for the WC is to get 20-game or full season ticket package. Considering I've got to make payments on an engagement ring and fund a wedding...I ain't buying tickets for 20 games unless I'm selling them on the side.

I have a feeling tickets will be a pain to get to the game and you'll be sitting a country mile from the ice...might be worthwhile to just go to any of the events at Comerica Park. I think the Alumni Game would be just as much fun considering the names being mentioned.

Shoalzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2012, 02:38 PM
stallion19
DRW

Thanks for posting and keeping us updated.

stallion19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 12:44 AM
ALF AmericanLionsFan

Wonder when they want to do this. Soon? Seems like the other games didn't go on sale for awhile. All this seems a lot sooner than previous years games.

ALF AmericanLionsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 02:57 PM
PassShootScore
208 Row 18

vCash: 1150
might make the drive from NY does anyone have more info?

PassShootScore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 09:56 PM
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!

vCash: 545
Interesting information. Looks like I won't be going to the Winter Classic.

SoupNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 08:51 PM
MissNHL

Thought some of you would be interested in knowing this:

http://www.kuklaskorner.com/index.ph...medium=twitter

MissNHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 08:49 AM
wingnutjeff

There will be 115,000 tickets out there, if you can't find one you're not trying. I'll probably stubhub it a couple days before the event and find a panic seller.

wingnutjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 05:27 PM
wingsfan17

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissNHL View Post
Thought some of you would be interested in knowing this:

http://www.kuklaskorner.com/index.ph...medium=twitter
Yeah, so whoever signed up first for the information gets first dibs. I know I signed up pretty early but I don't know how early, could've been first day or first week or so. I also think they sent out that email based on how early you signed up, I saw someone post that pic around 3 yesterday and it arrived in my inbox around 8 last night, and it seems like some people still have yet to get an email regarding the public sale. But that's just speculation and it could be completely random...

wingsfan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 06:04 PM
juiceman

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnutjeff View Post
There will be 115,000 tickets out there, if you can't find one you're not trying. I'll probably stubhub it a couple days before the event and find a panic seller.
If you're really daring, you could probably hang out around Michigan Stadium the day of & get a ticket at face value, if not below.

juiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 08:34 AM
wingnutjeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman View Post
If you're really daring, you could probably hang out around Michigan Stadium the day of & get a ticket at face value, if not below.
True, but with stubhub you can select some premium seats and at my age who knows if I'll get the opportunity again.

wingnutjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 04:01 PM
FrozenFloor
Pest

Leafs fan - I come in peace

So I've got seats in Section 33, Row 10 Seats 5,6,7,8 for the Winter Classic and seats for the OHL doubleheader Section 138, Row 30 17,18,19,20 they cost $528 for the four.

Could anyone with pre-exisiting knowledge of the seating charts at the bighouse / comerica tell me if these seats are somewhat decent? I just want to be there for the atmosphere, so the quality of seats aren't all that important to me, being a Leafs fan it's the biggest event I'm likely to see in the near future..

Thanks in advance

FF

FrozenFloor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2012, 01:42 PM
wynne

I'm hoping someone can help me out here.

So I'm going to grab my WC tickets within the next week, but wanna figure out what seats to get. I'm sure most of you have seen the seating price chart already, and see that the orange seats are the cheapest at $89. I know they are saying the higher the better, but this picture looks like it's in the orange section for seats, and it looks absolute fine.

http://www.rodandtara.com/images/201...ouse%20(1).JPG

Would that be in the orange section? If not, would the view be that ubstructed?

wynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2012, 11:41 AM
rrasco

I got that email on the 25th and yesterday I got an email telling me I could buy up to 4 ticket packages. I was able to get section 4, row 12. It was either that or section 8, row 94. I'd rather be close to the action than higher up and too far away to see anything. Tickets to GLI are section 113 row 10; not sure if I'll make that game though. I still gotta figure out how to get to Detroit and where I'm staying. All I know is I have tickets, now I have to go.

rrasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2012, 01:56 PM
Adam Schnepp
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by wynne View Post
I'm hoping someone can help me out here.

So I'm going to grab my WC tickets within the next week, but wanna figure out what seats to get. I'm sure most of you have seen the seating price chart already, and see that the orange seats are the cheapest at $89. I know they are saying the higher the better, but this picture looks like it's in the orange section for seats, and it looks absolute fine.

http://www.rodandtara.com/images/201...ouse%20(1).JPG

Would that be in the orange section? If not, would the view be that ubstructed?
Hard to tell how many rows the orange section will be, but it does seem like the photo is from that general area.

For comparison, this is my photo from The Big Chill at the Big House. I believe we were in section 29 near the top, but I'm not sure what row number. To me, it looks like this seat would be $129 at the Winter Classic.

Adam Schnepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2012, 04:58 PM
rrasco

I will be much happier with that first picture if that's where my seats are in orange. Let's be honest, it's hockey in a football stadium, are there really any good seats? I'm going for the event, I'll be able to see the game one way or another.

Old
08-05-2012, 01:36 PM
MissNHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrasco View Post
I got that email on the 25th and yesterday I got an email telling me I could buy up to 4 ticket packages. I was able to get section 4, row 12. It was either that or section 8, row 94. I'd rather be close to the action than higher up and too far away to see anything. Tickets to GLI are section 113 row 10; not sure if I'll make that game though. I still gotta figure out how to get to Detroit and where I'm staying. All I know is I have tickets, now I have to go.

Which section 4? The purple or yellow? When I spoke to my ticket rep, yellow sections were sold out.

We got section 19. Can't remember what row we are tho. The higher up we are the better you will see.

Old
08-05-2012, 04:53 PM
rrasco

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissNHL View Post
Which section 4? The purple or yellow? When I spoke to my ticket rep, yellow sections were sold out.

We got section 19. Can't remember what row we are tho. The higher up we are the better you will see.
Neither, they are in orange.

Old
08-05-2012, 10:58 PM
MissNHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrasco View Post
Neither, they are in orange.

Ah. Not sure how well those seats will be. I know those who went to the Big Chill said they couldn't see that well when they were in the lower level of the stadium.

Old
08-06-2012, 01:08 AM
cheesehead9099

Where / how am I supposed to get tickets? are they available to the general public at all? I signed up for the alerts on the wings website but never got an email

cheesehead9099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 10:02 AM
MissNHL

As of right now you must be either a full season ticket holder or a 20 game partial ticket holder to get tickets for the Winter Classic. The Griffans season ticket holders also can get Winter Classic tickets. Public sale has yet to be announced.

Old
08-06-2012, 10:19 AM
juiceman

If you signed up after the game was announced, then the Wings would send more info on tickets & when there would be a public sale. I signed up & they had released more tickets for sale. I was able to get four packages (4 tickets to the WC & 4 to game 1 of the GLI). If anyone is interested, PM me for details.

juiceman is offline   Reply With Quote