HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who is the Blues #10 Prospect?

View Poll Results: Who is the Blues #10 Prospect?
Ville Husso 3 8.57%
Jake Walman 1 2.86%
Tommy Vannelli 23 65.71%
Joel Edmundson 0 0%
Jani Hakanpaa 2 5.71%
Sebastian Wannstrom 0 0%
Cody Beach 2 5.71%
Sam Kurker 0 0%
Zach Pochiro 0 0%
Maxim Letunov 3 8.57%
Sergey Andronov 0 0%
Mackenzie MacEachern 0 0%
Nicklas Lundstrom 1 2.86%
Ryan Tesink 0 0%
Jaedon Descheneau 0 0%
Austin Poganski 0 0%
Yannick Veilleux 0 0%
Santeri Saari 0 0%
David Shields 0 0%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
08-05-2014, 07:18 PM
EastonBlues22
Mod Supervisor
Team ϶(o)ϵ

vCash: 500
Who is the Blues #10 Prospect?

1) Allen 53%
2) Fabbri 45%
3) Jaskin 39%
4) Rattie 61%
5) Barbashev 86%
6) Schmaltz 79%
7) Parayko 33%
8) Lindbohm 40%
9) Binnington 48%

Old
08-05-2014, 09:23 PM
Redgren Grumbholdt

I was between one of the 2 or 3 guys who are closest to the NHL, so Hakanpaa, Andronov and maybe Edmundson. Everyone else is a far off, project level of player.

I went Hakanpaa, Im not his biggest fan, but hes close and at least has an intriguing set of skills.

Old
08-05-2014, 09:34 PM
Meatwagon
Blues=Overrated

vCash: 50
Went with Letunov. Big lanky skilled Russian center. Was the best player on a terrible USHL team. Has a huge frame to add weight. Swift skater, slick hands, good vision. Should easily lead his team in points next year. Wouldn't be suprised to see him as a PPG center next year.

Then he's off on the NCAA route(which is super rare for a Russian born player) where he will have plenty of time to bulk up. Has 2nd line center upside, it will just take him 5-6 years to get there.

Vanelli is dropping for me. He looked just OK at prospect camp and he just got cut from US WJC camp. That may very well be politics at play, he turned down a NCAA scholarship to play in the CHL. Next year will be a big year in determining his value as a prospect.

After Letunov, I guess I'm going with Vanelli,Edmundson,Husso.

I really like Husso, played lights out in the top Finnish men's league. Top rated Euro goalie in this past draft, that and you have to love tall Finnish goalies!

Last edited by Meatwagon: 08-05-2014 at 09:42 PM.
Old
08-05-2014, 09:36 PM
KirkOut
EveryoneOut

Vanelli for me again. Hope he can take another step forward this season.

Old
08-05-2014, 09:37 PM
Meatwagon
Blues=Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumblin Erb Brooks View Post
I was between one of the 2 or 3 guys who are closest to the NHL, so Hakanpaa, Andronov and maybe Edmundson. Everyone else is a far off, project level of player.

I went Hakanpaa, Im not his biggest fan, but hes close and at least has an intriguing set of skills.
FWIW, Andronov is back in the KHL. I'm not sure he should even be considered a prospect anymore.

Old
08-05-2014, 09:58 PM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

I really like Vanelli's skill set, so I went with him.

Old
08-05-2014, 10:03 PM
Multimoodia
Sicker Than Usual

I'm not sure that Vannelli has regressed as much as Schmaltz has really taken off which make Milli Vannelli look worse by comparison.

That's his official nickname by the way, just so we're all clear. Milli Vannelli. If Fabbri is on the ice at the same time it'll be epic.

I want him to make the team just so I can brush off my "Greatest Frauds of the 80's" boxed set and jam to "Girl You Know It's True"

Old
08-05-2014, 10:53 PM
STL fan in IA

I came into this thread all ready to vote for Vannelli but when I looked at the list of players that are left and thought about which one I'd want to keep the most, it was Husso. He could be a diamond in the rough and my gut tells me Vannelli's going to bust.

I like Vannelli's puck skills, hockey sense and skating but he's small, not physical and a mess defensively. If he can round out his defensive game then he could be another Shattenkirk. If not, he's a smaller, less skilled David Rundblad.

Old
08-05-2014, 11:09 PM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

The prospect I find most intriguing at this point is Letunov. I think he could become a steal, and I'm rooting for him. Not sure where he should fit in the current rankings, but he's one I look forward to following.

Old
08-06-2014, 01:03 AM
Bluesnatic27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatwagon View Post
Went with Letunov. Big lanky skilled Russian center. Was the best player on a terrible USHL team. Has a huge frame to add weight. Swift skater, slick hands, good vision. Should easily lead his team in points next year. Wouldn't be suprised to see him as a PPG center next year.

Then he's off on the NCAA route(which is super rare for a Russian born player) where he will have plenty of time to bulk up. Has 2nd line center upside, it will just take him 5-6 years to get there.

Vanelli is dropping for me. He looked just OK at prospect camp and he just got cut from US WJC camp. That may very well be politics at play, he turned down a NCAA scholarship to play in the CHL. Next year will be a big year in determining his value as a prospect.

After Letunov, I guess I'm going with Vanelli,Edmundson,Husso.

I really like Husso, played lights out in the top Finnish men's league. Top rated Euro goalie in this past draft, that and you have to love tall Finnish goalies!
I haven't heard much on the world junior front, but I didn't know this happened. Do you have a link for this? Or any more news on this?

Old
08-06-2014, 06:14 AM
PerryTurnbullfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesnatic27 View Post
I haven't heard much on the world junior front, but I didn't know this happened. Do you have a link for this? Or any more news on this?
I had heard that as well about being cut and the rumors prior that he would be cut for not taking his scholarship. While his stats are intriguing as his tool package of speed, offensive potential, I too am of the bust crowd. Shatty has a mean streak and plays better D than he is given credit for. I'm going with Husso here as I think he is the most likely contributor at the NHL level.

Old
08-06-2014, 09:28 AM
SirPaste
#HitchGonnaHitch

Vanelli for me, probably Letunov or Edmundson next

Old
08-06-2014, 09:48 AM
STL fan in IA

Regarding Vannelli getting cut from the USA WJC summer camp, I would say that politics may have played a small part in it (USA Hockey has a bad rep of punishing kids that leave the USNTDP AND/or NCAA for Canadian Major Jrs) but I say it was most likely because he simply didn't make the grade. He's very skilled and is an excellent skater but his gap coverage is bad, has trouble forcing forwards wide and generally gets manhandled physically. His defensive weaknesses are pretty apparent against his peers of 18-19 yr olds so that tells me he has a long way to go to ever be physically and defensively ready for the NHL. Hopefully he's putting in major time in the gym to improve his strength (which in turn would allow him to better defend against forwards that are currently beating him easily given his size/strength disadvantage).

Old
08-06-2014, 04:06 PM
JustOneB4IDie
Everyone Overpayment

You can take Sergey Andronov's name off the prospect list he's heading back to the KHL.

http://www.stlouisgametime.com/2014/...to-cska-moscow

Old
08-07-2014, 06:58 PM
Redgren Grumbholdt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatwagon View Post
FWIW, Andronov is back in the KHL. I'm not sure he should even be considered a prospect anymore.
Didnt hear about this, but he is replaceable. He didnt really have any skills that stood out as above average.

Closed Thread