HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

"All Things AHL" Part II...

Closed Thread

Old
03-30-2014, 06:38 PM
ChicagoBlues

vCash: 500
Wolves lost to Rockford 6-3

Rattie has scored his 28th and 29th goals.

Game Summary

----------------

From yesterday: Wolves stormed back to beat Lake Erie.

Game Summary

Last edited by ChicagoBlues: 03-30-2014 at 08:02 PM.
Old
03-31-2014, 08:33 AM
CentralFan

I went to the game Saturday night. Allen warmed up but didn't start, which was a disappointment since we were looking forward to seeing him in the net. Climie was brilliant in the shootout though.

I was curious to see if the Wolves have adopted STL-style play: we used to live in Chicago and had season tickets '05-'09. The first two periods were sloppy, but the third period was Blues-esque. Porter and Cundari both had a standout game and it was nice to see the vets Cracknell and Aucoin play. Andronov had a good game too.

It was kind of irritating to see a lot of Hawks jerseys in the stands- they probably don't know the history and present affiliation of the Wolves.

Old
03-31-2014, 11:14 AM
ChicagoBlues

Quote:
Originally Posted by CentralFan View Post
I went to the game Saturday night. Allen warmed up but didn't start, which was a disappointment since we were looking forward to seeing him in the net. Climie was brilliant in the shootout though.

I was curious to see if the Wolves have adopted STL-style play: we used to live in Chicago and had season tickets '05-'09. The first two periods were sloppy, but the third period was Blues-esque. Porter and Cundari both had a standout game and it was nice to see the vets Cracknell and Aucoin play. Andronov had a good game too.

It was kind of irritating to see a lot of Hawks jerseys in the stands- they probably don't know the history and present affiliation of the Wolves.
The Wolves most definitely have adopted a Blues-like style. They roll four lines, employ a heavy forecheck and keep shot counts low by blocking the puck. Andronov has developed beautifully over the course of the season.

Old
03-31-2014, 02:08 PM
BlueDream

Quote:

Porter???

Old
03-31-2014, 02:55 PM
WolfKeeper

Quote:
You win two cups and everyone's suddenly a Hawks fan

Bet most of them were $35 knockoffs too.

Old
03-31-2014, 03:37 PM
CentralFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDream View Post
Porter???
I was surprised to see him in the lineup, thought he was playing in STL that night.

Old
03-31-2014, 04:28 PM
ChicagoBlues

Quote:
I was surprised to see him in the lineup, thought he was playing in STL that night.
Sorry, dude, but Porter was definitely playing for STL that night. Must be thinking of someone else.

Old
03-31-2014, 05:44 PM
CentralFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoBlues View Post
Sorry, dude, but Porter was definitely playing for STL that night. Must be thinking of someone else.
Oh lord. I need glasses. PONICH looked really great.

I swear I read his jersey and the program as Porter, wondered why he was wearing 10.

Back to lurk mode.

Old
03-31-2014, 05:50 PM
ChicagoBlues

Quote:
Oh lord. I need glasses. PONICH looked really great.

I swear I read his jersey and the program as Porter, wondered why he was wearing 10.

Back to lurk mode.
**** no!! Get your ass back here. We need some REAL Wolves fans!! I've been watching the Wolves from day one and the great days of Steve Maltais.

Old
03-31-2014, 06:38 PM
CentralFan

Quote:
**** no!! Get your ass back here. We need some REAL Wolves fans!! I've been watching the Wolves from day one and the great days of Steve Maltais.
Thanks, man. I hate being wrong on the internet.

Of course the minute they became a STL affiliate we moved across the lake. It wasn't a bad drive, somehow made it in under two hours. I'll definitely go back for the playoffs.

Love the Wolves (Martins was my guy), love the Blues.

Old
03-31-2014, 09:26 PM
ChicagoBlues

Quote:
Thanks, man. I hate being wrong on the internet.

Of course the minute they became a STL affiliate we moved across the lake. It wasn't a bad drive, somehow made it in under two hours. I'll definitely go back for the playoffs.

Love the Wolves (Martins was my guy), love the Blues.
Oh yeah! Glad to hear Ponich looked good. I have not been able to watch him play, but once or twice, and he didn't look so good.

Oh...and it's okay to be wrong. I have made a decent living by being wrong.

Two hours is pretty good. Takes about that long to get to the Niles/Dewogiac area.

Old
03-31-2014, 09:51 PM
Vladys Gumption
Trap City

Am I the only one that thinks Jaskin should be with Chicago right now? He needs to be playing every game, and playing in a playoff race with Chicago seems to be a much better option than sitting in the press box in St. Louis. On a related note, I saw him after the game on Sunday. He's definitely 6'2 or whatever they have him listed as, but I really thought he'd be a bit beefier than he looked.

Old
03-31-2014, 10:29 PM
BlueDream

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlue247 View Post
Am I the only one that thinks Jaskin should be with Chicago right now? He needs to be playing every game, and playing in a playoff race with Chicago seems to be a much better option than sitting in the press box in St. Louis. On a related note, I saw him after the game on Sunday. He's definitely 6'2 or whatever they have him listed as, but I really thought he'd be a bit beefier than he looked.
He just turned 21, he'll fill out his frame more.

But yeah he probably should be in Chicago, and Cracknell should be here.

Old
04-02-2014, 07:02 PM
Daley Tarasenkshow
#hateonbackes

I've always thought the aspect of having someone sit in the press box or play in the AHL was an overrated factor.

Getting used to the NHL 'way of life' is difficult in it's own, an it's clear that Army thinks he's okay not playing everyday.

Old
04-02-2014, 07:26 PM
ChicagoBlues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daley Tarasenkshow View Post
I've always thought the aspect of having someone sit in the press box or play in the AHL was an overrated factor.

Getting used to the NHL 'way of life' is difficult in it's own, an it's clear that Army thinks he's okay not playing everyday.
I can see your point on that. i would rather have Jaskin playing in the AHL, but him sitting is not hurting his development. He adapted very quickly to the AHL.

In other news.....Mark Cundari has been recalled to the Calgary Flames. link As a reminder, he was only on loan to the Wolves.

They already signed a forward to take his roster spot. They have Corvo to fill in, I guess, but Cundari will be a huge loss.

Old
04-03-2014, 11:52 AM
ChicagoBlues

According to Abbotsford Heat over at the Flames' board:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbotsford Heat View Post
The Wolves will get Cundari back for the playoffs though. He will be sent back to Chicago on the 14th or 15th, potentially sooner if he is considered the emergency recall. Although I think Breen is the emergency recall as he was called up immediately after the Flames last game and quite honestly it's Breen we want to be able to send back and forth so it helps the Heat more, so it makes sense to keep Cundari up as an actual recall rather than an emergency recall that will have to go back immediately
Just an fyi.

Old
04-03-2014, 11:55 PM
Vladys Gumption
Trap City

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daley Tarasenkshow View Post

Well we'll have to agree to disagree then. I'm of the belief that it's much better for a guy to be playing big minutes in a playoff race in the AHL than sitting in the press box in St. Louis, especially a young player that's still developing. I think the Blues totally botched Cole's development by shuttling him back and for between the big club and the minors and then letting him ride the pine up here instead of logging big minutes in the AHL.

Old
04-04-2014, 08:06 AM
The Note in Ky
Bow to the pyramid

Hitch mentioned in his interview before the game last night that Jaskin was getting a lot of benefit from being up with the big club this late in the season. I trust his judgement.

Old
04-04-2014, 12:37 PM
ChicagoBlues

Chicago Wolves have signed Jake Chelios () to a PTO.

link

Old
04-04-2014, 12:41 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

vCash: 130
I think Jaskin has basically maxed out what he can do in the minors. Let him get the NHL routine under his belt and work more closely with the NHL coaches so he can hit the ground running next season.

Old
04-05-2014, 01:11 PM
Celtic Note
Not in Ferguson

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
I think Jaskin has basically maxed out what he can do in the minors. Let him get the NHL routine under his belt and work more closely with the NHL coaches so he can hit the ground running next season.
Being on the NHL squad is the best thing for him. I agree that he is probably maxed out in the AHL. The practices and training will be tremendous for Jaskin's development.

Old
04-05-2014, 05:01 PM
ChicagoBlues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtic Note View Post
Being on the NHL squad is the best thing for him. I agree that he is probably maxed out in the AHL. The practices and training will be tremendous for Jaskin's development.
For a while I was in agreement with those who thought Jaskin should be in Chicago, but an open-minded person (READ: One who is not intransigent) is capable of adjusting their position upon receiving good information or a compelling argument.

Consider me compelled.

Old
04-05-2014, 05:45 PM
Daley Tarasenkshow
#hateonbackes

Wonder if the Blues like Jake Chelios.

Old
04-05-2014, 05:58 PM
Celtic Note
Not in Ferguson

Quote:
For a while I was in agreement with those who thought Jaskin should be in Chicago, but an open-minded person (READ: One who is not intransigent) is capable of adjusting their position upon receiving good information or a compelling argument.

Consider me compelled.
Don't get me wrong, it would be more entertaining to watch him in Chicago. But, I just think be every day NHL life will be better for him, even if he is on the bench. Honestly, I think he is pretty wore out, just like Tarasenko was last year. The time off might actually allow him to have more life in his legs for when he gets to play. Even in the AHL he looked tired despite really exerting the effort.

Old
04-05-2014, 07:28 PM
HooliganX2

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Note in Ky View Post
Hitch mentioned in his interview before the game last night that Jaskin was getting a lot of benefit from being up with the big club this late in the season. I trust his judgement.
I disagree strongly I think Hitch's judgement has hurt Cole's development a lot. Jaskin needs to work on his skating he should be playing everyday not sitting in the press box. Hitchcock's judgement is also that Jackman and Polak should be paired together. He has made enough questionable decisions that he doesn't get a free pass.

Closed Thread