HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

graf skates and runners

Old
11-04-2012, 05:51 PM
puckmover

vCash: 500
graf skates and runners

hi,

i have a pair of graf 709 skates and graf holders i found they fit best for my wide feet, i had them profiled to 11 rocker and half a millimeter forward lean, i had this done when I first got the skates and i seemed to like it, but this year i had to replace my blade, so i got the same profile, only to find my toes hurt and transitioning from forward to backward is all off,so i finally got fed up and got it to a 11 rocker and neutral, so far its abit better,

so the question im asking what is the graf runners out of the box as soon as you get them is there already a pitch forward?

do tuuk holders make a diffrence to put me abit more on my heels? just think the forward lean is in the actual boot aswell and the actual foot bed .

i play defence my skating is one of my strong points in a game, but since i replaced the blade it hasn't felt the same,

im hoping after getting it neutral everything will work out.

let me know your thoughts,

thanks

Last edited by puckmover: 11-05-2012 at 09:49 AM.
puckmover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 12:01 AM
ean

Yes Cobras put you more forward and tuuks would put you back.

ean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 09:09 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

If you know what your old skates were, get them matched. I went from stock LS2's (9' radius neutral pitch) to Grafs (11' radius forward pitch) and struggled for weeks until I had them redone. It was instantly better.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 09:54 AM
puckmover

thanks for the responses

after getting it to neutral it does feel better, but if the problem still happens i might put tuuk holders,

when i first got my grafs and had it profiled to half milometer forward and 11 radius I did struggle with it before at the begining but eventually it got grinded down to neutral after so many skate sharpens, thats when i seem to like it when the blade was small lower to the ice,

im going to give it a couple more skates at a neutral cut, but if i find im still battling with it i might try the tuuks if it will put me back on my heels,

any ideas?

Last edited by puckmover: 11-05-2012 at 10:06 AM.
puckmover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 10:03 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Tuuks shouldn't put you on your heels per se, they are more neutral. Just ask if the shop can check the profile vs LS2's and if so go for it.

I *THINK* the difference between LS2's and the Cobra holders is the Cobras feel a little stiffer while the LS2's felt a bit springier. But once the pitch/radius is matched, you should feel pretty close.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote