HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-2013 Official BST Discussion Thread Part II

Closed Thread

Old
01-09-2013, 11:18 AM
redbull
springtime hockey!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYI78 View Post
i respectfully disagree..everything about him is slow..his decesion making is awful he gets pushed around too easily..in my humble opinion everything i see from him makes my eyes vomit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneekypete View Post
Somehow he caught Mikko Koskinenitus
vomiting eyes - koskinenitus -> hockey must be back on Long Island!

are these covered by obamacare? and what's the impact on the cap floor?

Old
01-09-2013, 11:23 AM
Isles Enforcer

Send a message via AIM to Isles Enforcer Send a message via Yahoo to Isles Enforcer
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYI78 View Post
i respectfully disagree..everything about him is slow..his decesion making is awful he gets pushed around too easily..in my humble opinion everything i see from him makes my eyes vomit
Tell us how you really feel!

BTW Ness (who was injured last night) is not practicing today. So we can respectfully count him out being invited to camp.

Old
01-09-2013, 11:40 AM
InformTheMasses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles Enforcer View Post

BTW Ness (who was injured last night) is not practicing today. So we can respectfully count him out being invited to camp.
Finally, A prayer has been answered in Islander Country.

Old
01-09-2013, 02:50 PM
blinkman360
Norris

Quote:

LOL, I was going to respond with something similar. Hope Wishart doesn't read these boards. If he does, someone needs to hide the razorblades and sleeping pills in his home.

Old
01-10-2013, 09:59 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

Gotta wonder what Snow 'n co. are gonna do about BPort not only during the NHL mini-camp, but also afterwards?

Have I understood correctly that Ness, MacIver and Cantin are all currently injured?

With Donovan, Wishart, Landry (don't forget, Weight said he's been impressed with this guy) and Hill currently looking like the only somewhat healthy blueliners on a team already pretty lacking in this area, it looks like the team or BPort management will have to bring in some AHL/ECHL gems.

Can't imagine Donovan will be sticking around there long if the Isles don't do something quick with respect to their own blueline.

Nothing new there though with pulling up some boys from around the minors, but it does seem extremely ironic that a franchise that just picked up 9 new Dmen in the week between draft day 2012 and the first day free agency in July are heading into camp with 4 NHL Dmen, an NHL invitee and well, a BPort blueline hardly sporting 4 Dmen of its own.

The word 'shambles' keeps popping up in my mind...

Question:
Is there actually anything anyone knows of preventing the team from signing Kichton to an ELC right now and bringing him to BPort?

Old
01-10-2013, 11:11 AM
luki here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapin Landvogt View Post
Gotta wonder what Snow 'n co. are gonna do about BPort not only during the NHL mini-camp, but also afterwards?

Have I understood correctly that Ness, MacIver and Cantin are all currently injured?

With Donovan, Wishart, Landry (don't forget, Weight said he's been impressed with this guy) and Hill currently looking like the only somewhat healthy blueliners on a team already pretty lacking in this area, it looks like the team or BPort management will have to bring in some AHL/ECHL gems.

Can't imagine Donovan will be sticking around there long if the Isles don't do something quick with respect to their own blueline.

Nothing new there though with pulling up some boys from around the minors, but it does seem extremely ironic that a franchise that just picked up 9 new Dmen in the week between draft day 2012 and the first day free agency in July are heading into camp with 4 NHL Dmen, an NHL invitee and well, a BPort blueline hardly sporting 4 Dmen of its own.

Question:
Is there actually anything anyone knows of preventing the team from signing Kichton to an ELC right now and bringing him to BPort?
Isles didnt name him as one of the chl Prospects they reserved to call up to the nhl in case the lockout was over. I am guessing he wont be at camp.

Old
01-10-2013, 11:38 AM
blinkman360
Norris

Quote:

Question:
Well the draft picks never really had a chance of being legit NHL solutions this year. That said the Isles kind of got screwed by the Visnovsky situation and CDH going down. They were on pace to have one open spot in the top-6 for rookie competition, which is reasonable/acceptable, IMO. Now they have two open spots and one or two less candidates(CDH, Ness) for those spots.

I'll tell you what though, that Kichton non-signing is starting to look like a much bigger deal now. Not only will we probably end up extremely weak on defense at the NHL level, but at the AHL level as well.

Old
01-10-2013, 11:42 AM
KrisBeKreame

This is a big reason why I think the Islanders are going to be force to make some sort of trade for a Defenceman at the cost of a forward.

Old
01-10-2013, 12:19 PM
Isles Enforcer

Send a message via AIM to Isles Enforcer Send a message via Yahoo to Isles Enforcer
Ness is back practicing today with a full shield. McIver is back as well. But they are still running 2 Guys out there from the East Coast league as well. Signing Kichton over the summer looks more or less like a move that should have been made.

But since Kichton is an overager, I wonder if the islanders can jut sign him anyway and bring him to Bridgeport.

Old
01-10-2013, 05:54 PM
Jester9881

If Doug Weight said he was impressed with Landry, I hope his opinions are never taken into account in the scouting dept.

Old
01-10-2013, 07:06 PM
InformTheMasses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester9881 View Post
If Doug Weight said he was impressed with Landry, I hope his opinions are never taken into account in the scouting dept.
Jester, I was thinking the exact same thing.

Old
01-10-2013, 08:12 PM
redbull
springtime hockey!

Quote:
But since Kichton is an overager, I wonder if the islanders can jut sign him anyway and bring him to Bridgeport.
I have a feeling Snow may not be so enamoured with Kichton as some on this board. I would have thought he would have been signed by now.

Old
01-10-2013, 08:55 PM
Isles Enforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbull View Post
I have a feeling Snow may not be so enamoured with Kichton as some on this board. I would have thought he would have been signed by now.
I think that he held off signing him because of the looming lockout and the fact that ELC lengths may have changed. Anyway the depth on defense was decent at the time and Im sure he wanted to make sure Kichton was getting as much playing time as possible. With De Haan and Hamonic playing here, his ice time may have diminished so since he still had junior eligibility, he left him in the WHL.

Im sure we all had no idea we would be where we are right now this early in the season with a lack of D-Men on both teams. We have 3 guys from the ECHL on defense as i type this in Dallas Jackson, Daniel Maggio and Jordan Hill (now signed by BPT). With Kichton in the fold, we wouldn't need those guys.

So again, lets see what happens.

Old
01-11-2013, 07:17 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkman360 View Post
Well the draft picks never really had a chance of being legit NHL solutions this year. That said the Isles kind of got screwed by the Visnovsky situation and CDH going down. They were on pace to have one open spot in the top-6 for rookie competition, which is reasonable/acceptable, IMO. Now they have two open spots and one or two less candidates(CDH, Ness) for those spots.
But of course - and we can't forget that Hamonic is coming off a concussion that has had him out a few weeks while Carkner had an injury-plagued 11-12 season. The Isles are not currently anywhere close to an ideal situation at this juncture.

In this thread, I'm actually wondering more about the BPort situation, although IsEnf. mentioned that guys are practicing and that Hill is sticking around while Jackson and Maggio are up, I assume on PTOs, so that's a bit clearer.

I just like looking at the utter irony of a team heading into last summer's draft with 3 signed NHL Dmen and 10 defensive prospects then going about drafting 7 more Dmen and adding Visnovsky & Carkner within a seven day period only to now find itself heading into camp with 4 NHL Dmen, hardly anyone other than maybe Donovan seriously ready to challenge for a spot, an underwhelming and somewhat beat-up AHL blueline and invite Radek Martinek.

Alas, adequate NHL depth on the blueline hasn't yet been a mark of the current management administration, so little reason to think that would change in light of a new situation at the end of the lockout.

Quote:
I'll tell you what though, that Kichton non-signing is starting to look like a much bigger deal now. Not only will we probably end up extremely weak on defense at the NHL level, but at the AHL level as well.
I see it as Isles Enforcer sees it.

And at the end of the day, I won't assume they're going to sign him until it actually happens. I've never really seen the guy play, so I can't say if he's another Spurgeon, another Gervais/Campoli, or just another DeHart type. Snow has some experience now with respect to Dmen of this ilk drafted in later rounds (Graham being yet another this past summer), so here's hoping he has an eye for who is worth signing or not.

Statistically, it would appear that he's done enough to be brought into the fold with an initial ELC, especially in light of a few other prospect signings the Isles have made in the past year.

Last edited by Chapin Landvogt: 01-11-2013 at 07:42 AM.
Old
01-11-2013, 08:33 AM
KrisBeKreame

Quote:
But of course - and we can't forget that Hamonic is coming off a concussion that has had him out a few weeks while Carkner had an injury-plagued 11-12 season. The Isles are not currently anywhere close to an ideal situation at this juncture.

In this thread, I'm actually wondering more about the BPort situation, although IsEnf. mentioned that guys are practicing and that Hill is sticking around while Jackson and Maggio are up, I assume on PTOs, so that's a bit clearer.

I just like looking at the utter irony of a team heading into last summer's draft with 3 signed NHL Dmen and 10 defensive prospects then going about drafting 7 more Dmen and adding Visnovsky & Carkner within a seven day period only to now find itself heading into camp with 4 NHL Dmen, hardly anyone other than maybe Donovan seriously ready to challenge for a spot, an underwhelming and somewhat beat-up AHL blueline and invite Radek Martinek.

Alas, adequate NHL depth on the blueline hasn't yet been a mark of the current management administration, so little reason to think that would change in light of a new situation at the end of the lockout.

I see it as Isles Enforcer sees it.

And at the end of the day, I won't assume they're going to sign him until it actually happens. I've never really seen the guy play, so I can't say if he's another Spurgeon, another Gervais/Campoli, or just another DeHart type. Snow has some experience now with respect to Dmen of this ilk drafted in later rounds (Graham being yet another this past summer), so here's hoping he has an eye for who is worth signing or not.

Statistically, it would appear that he's done enough to be brought into the fold with an initial ELC, especially in light of a few other prospect signings the Isles have made in the past year.
In my opinion he has earned the chance, however I think he is currenty a casualty of the lock-out situation. The Lack of training camp and signing period in September hurt his chances to be added to the Bridgeport roster. Remember going into the season the Tigers had 8 D-men. He wasnt going to get signed to sit on the sidelines. I also think he was hopeing for either the Cap to be lowered and pluck a defenceman or two or another CHL signing period. Now I dont think he can be signed untill his CHL team is done with the season. It was a game Snow had to play because of the Lock-out. I doubt anyone could have predicted accuratey what has happened since July.

I really think we will have to make a trade. Our lack of defensive depth is going to kill us quickly. I know a bunch of you didnt like the deal for Hjlmarsson, However I truely think that Nielsen is the the most Valuable while being in the realm of replaceable and therefore the best piece we could move for a good defenceman.

Old
01-11-2013, 08:50 AM
Wagner

Quote:
I think that he held off signing him because of the looming lockout and the fact that ELC lengths may have changed. Anyway the depth on defense was decent at the time and Im sure he wanted to make sure Kichton was getting as much playing time as possible. With De Haan and Hamonic playing here, his ice time may have diminished so since he still had junior eligibility, he left him in the WHL.

Im sure we all had no idea we would be where we are right now this early in the season with a lack of D-Men on both teams. We have 3 guys from the ECHL on defense as i type this in Dallas Jackson, Daniel Maggio and Jordan Hill (now signed by BPT). With Kichton in the fold, we wouldn't need those guys.

Well if Kichton puts up those kind of numbers and consistently, with proper development he could be a solid player and has lots of upside, is that not how and why you sign someone? Not sure what they are thinking but hopefully they don't miss out

Old
01-11-2013, 08:57 AM
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards

vCash: 50
What line has Nino been playing on?

01-11-2013, 09:37 AM
kasper11

Quote:

I think the ice time was key. In addition to De Haan and Hamonic, Donavan and Ness would also have been ahead of Kichton, and the team likely would have wanted a veteran presence like Wishart and/or Landry. Kichton would have had a tough time getting on the ice early in the year, so the team most likely decided to let him get top pairing minutes in the CHL.

That said, it could be that after an entire draft of dmen, including Reinhart, Pokka and Pelech who have all been good, Kichton is no longer in the team's plans.

Old
01-11-2013, 10:08 AM
blinkman360
Norris

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisBeKreame View Post
In my opinion he has earned the chance, however I think he is currenty a casualty of the lock-out situation. The Lack of training camp and signing period in September hurt his chances to be added to the Bridgeport roster. Remember going into the season the Tigers had 8 D-men. He wasnt going to get signed to sit on the sidelines. I also think he was hopeing for either the Cap to be lowered and pluck a defenceman or two or another CHL signing period. Now I dont think he can be signed untill his CHL team is done with the season. It was a game Snow had to play because of the Lock-out. I doubt anyone could have predicted accuratey what has happened since July.

I really think we will have to make a trade. Our lack of defensive depth is going to kill us quickly. I know a bunch of you didnt like the deal for Hjlmarsson, However I truely think that Nielsen is the the most Valuable while being in the realm of replaceable and therefore the best piece we could move for a good defenceman.
I really like Hammer, I just disagree with your stance on Nielsen. IMO he will be a very difficult guy to replace. His defensive ability, his PK and PP contributions, the fact that he's good for at least 40 points(even from the defensive line), and his shootout ability. Not to mention he's one of our few veterans, and a guy who has been here for a while(which I think is important).

I think one of the main benefits of having a stocked prospect cupboard is that it opens up your trade options. Even more so when your team is almost non-existent on the UFA market. With the amount of chips we have in our system, IMO it wouldn't make sense to deal a guy like Nielsen. If Chicago isn't interested in prospects we could just look elsewhere. I'm sure there would be a better fit out there somewhere.

Old
01-11-2013, 10:47 AM
InformTheMasses

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10 Min Misconduct View Post
Of late he has been playing LW with Ullstrom on the right and Sundstrom in the middle. Has been since Pellerin moved Persson to the Wing on the Cizikas-MacDonald line.

Old
01-11-2013, 10:51 AM
Isles Enforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10 Min Misconduct View Post
He's been playing on the top line with Cizikas and McDonald although due to injuries and minor line shuffling, he was switching spots with Persson for a few games as well.

Old
01-11-2013, 01:05 PM
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformTheMasses View Post
Of late he has been playing LW with Ullstrom on the right and Sundstrom in the middle. Has been since Pellerin moved Persson to the Wing on the Cizikas-MacDonald line.
Quote:
He's been playing on the top line with Cizikas and McDonald although due to injuries and minor line shuffling, he was switching spots with Persson for a few games as well.
Okay, thanks!

Old
01-11-2013, 06:07 PM
InformTheMasses

For those wondering about Hamonic. He is back playing in Bridgeport tonight, took a penalty his first shift. Nilsson in net tonight.

I will be uploading the highlights to my youtube page DURING the game tonight, so check it for updates.

Old
01-11-2013, 06:14 PM
InformTheMasses

Brock Nelson is also back in the line-up tonight. Full face shield

Old
01-11-2013, 06:21 PM
blinkman360
Norris

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformTheMasses View Post
Brock Nelson is also back in the line-up tonight. Full face shield
Awesome to hear! Thought he was going to be out a little longer.

Closed Thread