HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Autumn Thunder: No Ben and No Hockey Make Pittsburgh Something Something

Closed Thread

Old
11-04-2012, 07:31 PM
Crafton
Liver-Eating Johnson

vCash: 400
that felt good.

Old
11-04-2012, 07:33 PM
wheelz87
Pens Predictor CHAMP

vCash: 500
Unreal effort from everyone. Don't forget about that O-line either, they were fantastic. For the first time in years, we have a decent offensive line which is where it all starts. Also, defense put on the clamps in the 4th quarter and started actually getting a pass rush. Great victory all around.

Get well AB, need you and your playmaking skills back. (so does my fantasy team) No let down next week vs the Chefs and lets take the division back in 2 weeks.

Old
11-04-2012, 07:33 PM
sniugneP

Quote:
Originally Posted by End of Line View Post
Dale Lolley ‏@dlolleyor
#Steelers 355 total yards #Giants 182. Pittsburgh dominated this game
We should be ranked #1 defense in total yardage allowed after this weekend. I know we don't play like dominating defense in the past but still that's pretty amazing.

Old
11-04-2012, 07:35 PM
sniugneP

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelz87 View Post
Unreal effort from everyone. Don't forget about that O-line either, they were fantastic. For the first time in years, we have a decent offensive line which is where it all starts. Also, defense put on the clamps in the 4th quarter and started actually getting a pass rush. Great victory all around.

Get well AB, need you and your playmaking skills back. (so does my fantasy team) No let down next week vs the Chefs and lets take the division back in 2 weeks.
Pass protection was shaky at times but we were playing against 1 of the best front 4 in NFL.

Old
11-04-2012, 07:35 PM
Gooch

Congratulations on the win. I missed the 2nd half of the game due to ... issues.

I'll honestly say that I'd rather have my team lose the game than win due to issues of reffing. Especially if the win had been by 4 points or less as you could point to that one play and have it be tarnished.

Old
11-04-2012, 07:37 PM
Sivek

Huge win

Old
11-04-2012, 07:37 PM
sniugneP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColePens View Post
That's what these **** refs get. Trying to **** us the entire game. Really proud of this defense. They came up HUGE today. Great job.
Agreed. We overcame some bad calls and poor decisions by Tomlin but defense really stepped up in 4th.

Old
11-04-2012, 07:41 PM
Iggy Smalls

Excellent all-around win against a very good opponent. Like someone else said, hopefully the Steelers can carry this momentum into the Baltimore game and take the division where it rightfully belongs.

No more LSU/Alabama/Oregon games for Tomlin to get inspiration from. At least when your kicker is Suisham.

Old
11-04-2012, 07:45 PM
End of Line
Human After All

"I don't know what the stronger emotion would be, the joy of winning or the pain of losing"-Sidney Crosby.
Old
11-04-2012, 07:48 PM
sniugneP

Doug Martin ran 22 for 265 yards and 4 TDs.

Old
11-04-2012, 07:50 PM
sniugneP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TangBanged View Post
Excellent all-around win against a very good opponent. Like someone else said, hopefully the Steelers can carry this momentum into the Baltimore game and take the division where it rightfully belongs.

No more LSU/Alabama/Oregon games for Tomlin to get inspiration from. At least when your kicker is Suisham.
Fake field goal never works especially when you have a kicker runs the ball.

Old
11-04-2012, 07:50 PM
bradshaw06

Huge win

Old
11-04-2012, 07:52 PM
Mordax
It don't Maatta

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradshaw06 View Post
Huge win
This

Old
11-04-2012, 07:52 PM
Smoke
Time is the flaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniugneP View Post
Fake field goal never works especially when you have a kicker runs the ball.
Putting the ball in the hands of the least athletic player on your team is never a good idea. If they lost this game Tomlin would never hear the end of it.

Old
11-04-2012, 07:57 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniugneP View Post
Doug Martin ran 22 for 265 yards and 4 TDs.
on my fantasy team I still lost

Old
11-04-2012, 08:02 PM
MrBurgundy
Time to move forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
Putting the ball in the hands of the least athletic player on your team is never a good idea. If they lost this game Tomlin would never hear the end of it.
He still shouldn't. That was the most idiotic thing I've ever seen.

Old
11-04-2012, 08:03 PM
Ziggyjoe21

Send a message via AIM to Ziggyjoe21
Steelers got lit up by, and blew 4th Q leads to, Carson Palmer and Matt Hasslebeck. Now they shut down the Giants and Eli Manning. Weird team. However, they are definitely improving in areas of weakness. Corner is no longer a liability, especially since Lewis seems like a legit complement (dare I say heir?) to Ike. The run D improved. The running game is kicking ass without the starter.

Still, the Oakland and Tennessee losses should not have happened and WILL come back to bite them in the ass. Perhaps even cost them a playoff spot.

Old
11-04-2012, 08:05 PM
Ziggyjoe21

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBurgundy View Post
He still shouldn't. That was the most idiotic thing I've ever seen.
I agree. If you need 1 yard, why not put it in the hands of your red hot power runner? To play devil's advocate, however, Giants got the ball inside their 5 yard line and didn't do anything with it. Steelers ended up scoring a TD because of it.

Not TOTALLY idiotic in hind site.

Old
11-04-2012, 08:07 PM
sniugneP

Yeah, we could have been 7-1 easily.

Old
11-04-2012, 08:09 PM
Crafton
Liver-Eating Johnson

Coughlin calls this one of the most disappointing losses ever? what?

Old
11-04-2012, 08:11 PM
MrBurgundy
Time to move forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggyjoe21 View Post
I agree. If you need 1 yard, why not put it in the hands of your red hot power runner? To play devil's advocate, however, Giants got the ball inside their 5 yard line and didn't do anything with it. Steelers ended up scoring a TD because of it.

Not TOTALLY idiotic in hind site.
The thing that made it idiotic was the fact that even after we came back down to score our TD, the Giants had an opportunity to have the ball for the rest of the game and win without our offense touching the ball again.

We could have been up 7 at that point instead of 4, and no matter what, the Giants wouldn't have been able to beat us with a final drive (well barring a 2 pt conversion).

It was idiotic on multiple levels.

Old
11-04-2012, 08:13 PM
Gooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggyjoe21 View Post
Steelers got lit up by, and blew 4th Q leads to, Carson Palmer and Matt Hasslebeck. Now they shut down the Giants and Eli Manning. Weird team. However, they are definitely improving in areas of weakness. Corner is no longer a liability, especially since Lewis seems like a legit complement (dare I say heir?) to Ike. The run D improved. The running game is kicking ass without the starter.

Still, the Oakland and Tennessee losses should not have happened and WILL come back to bite them in the ass. Perhaps even cost them a playoff spot.
On the Giants board there seems to be a lot of blame tossed at Mark Herzlich for the bad run D. Chase Blackburn the usual starter was out this week. I am a Herzlich fan but I did notice the run D was not very good this week. I am not sure how much of that was the Giants just being bad or the Steelers being good. The way you guys talk about it being surprising that the running game was good makes me lean more towards the Giants side being bad.

One thing I was expecting since the beginning of this game was that the Steelers offense would be effective against the style of D that the Giants play. The dinking and dunking really the most effective way to play these guys and I think now with this loss to the Steelers and extreme sloppiness to the Cowboys who were doing similar that the book will now be out and the Giants are going to go into a mid season collapse.

Steelers are an easy team to like though. We are going to be moving from CT in the next year or so. Right now I am shopping locations and Pittsburgh is near the top of my list, the other being Idaho of all places and the wifey wanting Florida. Being a Pirates and Pens fan already I felt I would be accepted on that behalf but I do wonder how people treat fans of other football teams even if they don't have any at all hostility towards the Steelers but are honestly rather fond of the team?

Old
11-04-2012, 08:22 PM
Crafton
Liver-Eating Johnson

James Harrison ‏@jharrison9292
I got to get my scoop and score game up!

Old
11-04-2012, 08:31 PM
BUCKSHOT
w00t !!

Send a message via Yahoo to BUCKSHOT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost in Crafton View Post
James Harrison ‏@jharrison9292
I got to get my scoop and score game up!
just read this on FB .....

not sure if he needs or

Old
11-04-2012, 08:34 PM
Ziggyjoe21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooch View Post
On the Giants board there seems to be a lot of blame tossed at Mark Herzlich for the bad run D. Chase Blackburn the usual starter was out this week. I am a Herzlich fan but I did notice the run D was not very good this week. I am not sure how much of that was the Giants just being bad or the Steelers being good. The way you guys talk about it being surprising that the running game was good makes me lean more towards the Giants side being bad.

One thing I was expecting since the beginning of this game was that the Steelers offense would be effective against the style of D that the Giants play. The dinking and dunking really the most effective way to play these guys and I think now with this loss to the Steelers and extreme sloppiness to the Cowboys who were doing similar that the book will now be out and the Giants are going to go into a mid season collapse.

Steelers are an easy team to like though. We are going to be moving from CT in the next year or so. Right now I am shopping locations and Pittsburgh is near the top of my list, the other being Idaho of all places and the wifey wanting Florida. Being a Pirates and Pens fan already I felt I would be accepted on that behalf but I do wonder how people treat fans of other football teams even if they don't have any at all hostility towards the Steelers but are honestly rather fond of the team?
I don't understand, are you choosing where you move to based on if their football fans accept fans of other teams as neighbors?

Closed Thread