HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

First round Pick 2013

Old
11-08-2012, 10:37 AM
KingHab

vCash: 500
First round Pick 2013

Just out of curiosity, What teams would be willing to give up there 2013 first round pick (top 10 lottery) for Eller and 2 2nd round pick 2013?

KingHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 10:40 AM
zeus3007*

How do we know what teams will be top 10? If we lose the season, its impossible to predict with the lottery ball system.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 10:41 AM
ACC1224
Burke was right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingHab View Post
Just out of curiosity, What teams would be willing to give up there 2013 first round pick (top 10 lottery) for Eller and 2 2nd round pick 2013?
I'd say none.

ACC1224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 10:50 AM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

So a center who likely will never be a 1st line talent and two second rounders for a top ten pick in a deep draft?

What do you think?

Tim Vezina Thomas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 01:07 PM
pcamp

A top 15 pick will be almost impossible to acquire , youre best bet is from 18-25 range (obviously giving less).

pcamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 01:12 PM
HockeyGuruPitka

Draft day is going to be like christmas morning for teams in the top 10.. even top 15.. Eller could be a good player, just not 2013 good.

HockeyGuruPitka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 01:14 PM
ManByng
Moroz fan

Quote:
probably a team that's picking 25 to 30.

ManByng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 01:24 PM
MovesLikeJagr68

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACC1224 View Post
I'd say none.
This

MovesLikeJagr68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 02:03 PM
Homegrown Kings
ft. Philly & Lumbus

Quote:
Depends on where that 1st round pick is, I can't imagine anybody would trade before the order has been assigned. Even with one ball, you've got a chance for 1st overall. Eller plus two 2nd picks is nowhere close to the value of the 1st overall next year.

Homegrown Kings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 02:05 PM
FoppaForsberg*

Is this a joke? 3rd liner and two SECOND round picks for a top ten pick in one of the deepest drafts in years? Change it to Subban or Galchenyuk and MAYBE they do it.

FoppaForsberg* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 02:29 PM
TOGuy14

Quote:
What team is bad enough to finish bottom 10, with a general manager dumb enough to think that a couple of seconds and Lars Eller would be the significant improvement they need?

Realistically only Columbus is that bad at asset management, but besides them, you are looking at nobody.

TOGuy14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 03:03 PM
Homegrown Kings
ft. Philly & Lumbus

Looks like I missed the "top-10" part of the OP. No chance any team bites on that deal.

Homegrown Kings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 03:43 PM
vocks10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOGuy14 View Post
What team is bad enough to finish bottom 10, with a general manager dumb enough to think that a couple of seconds and Lars Eller would be the significant improvement they need?

Realistically only Columbus is that bad at asset management, but besides them, you are looking at nobody.
Not commenting on the bad asset management regarding Columbus. But they might be a team more willing to part with a first rounder.

They have 3 to begin with, so leaving 2 to pick players they have targeted while moving one to accumulate some young players who can contribute earlier might be an option. Not a top 10 pick. But you'd think if one of their picks is in the late teens, early 20's they'd be listening.

vocks10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 04:32 PM
sharks9

Quote:
Originally Posted by vocks10 View Post
Not commenting on the bad asset management regarding Columbus. But they might be a team more willing to part with a first rounder.

They have 3 to begin with, so leaving 2 to pick players they have targeted while moving one to accumulate some young players who can contribute earlier might be an option. Not a top 10 pick. But you'd think if one of their picks is in the late teens, early 20's they'd be listening.
Agreed, Columbus would probably be the only team willing to do this and only for their last first round pick.

sharks9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 04:42 PM
mytor4*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoppaForsberg View Post
Is this a joke? 3rd liner and two SECOND round picks for a top ten pick in one of the deepest drafts in years? Change it to Subban or Galchenyuk and MAYBE they do it.
I agree no team would be stupid enough to give up a top 10 pick for Eller and 2 2nd rd picks but you inturn say something just as stupid.
Do you really believe a team wouldn't be willing to give up a TOP 10 PICK for either
Subban or Galchenyuk.Than you add maybe they do it.

Let me see ...the 10th over all pick for Subban or Galchenyuk and that team will maybe do it.

mytor4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2012, 02:08 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOGuy14 View Post

Even Doug MacLean wasn't that stupid. Doug MacLean wasted first round picks by overruling his scouts; trading away picks for garbage was what he did in the later rounds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharks9 View Post
Agreed, Columbus would probably be the only team willing to do this and only for their last first round pick.
It'd certainly be given some thought. I'm not sure how much tho. Center is presently arguably the weakest position in prospect depth because while we have some quality prospects, most of them are likely third-liners (although Captain Boone is looking really, really awesome right now ). It's questionable whether or not Eller really constitutes a significant enough addition to trade down, given that that's about the same level at which he's performing. We've also got plenty of third-line and equivalent guys on the roster already, so his development status doesn't help his value to us.

If we have a top-10 pick this year and that's the target? No way in hell. Later picks... maybe. If we like what we see in the second round.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2012, 02:12 PM
Mystlyfe
We're Touched

I can't wait to bump all these "2013 class = OMGOUTSTANDINGZZZZ" threads six months from now. All draft classes look a hell of a lot better when you're a year out than they do on draft day.

Mystlyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2012, 03:05 PM
blinkman360
Back to Basics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
I can't wait to bump all these "2013 class = OMGOUTSTANDINGZZZZ" threads six months from now. All draft classes look a hell of a lot better when you're a year out than they do on draft day.
I can't wait to be King.... in fact I JUST CAN'T wait, to be King.

blinkman360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2012, 03:10 PM
LeHabsMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoppaForsberg View Post
Subban or Galchenyuk MIGHT get a top 10 pick? Galchenyuk was a 3rd overall pick that is currently 5th in the OHL in points.

LeHabsMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2012, 03:26 PM
SmellOfVictory

vCash: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharks9 View Post
Yup. If they miraculously got all 3 of their picks in the top 10, Eller might benefit them simply from being an NHL player and providing their fans with some more immediate team improvement (and let's face it, they need to provide something for their fans since they lost Nash and Carter).

SmellOfVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2012, 04:16 PM
LetsGOJackets!!

I really like Lars Eller, probably more than most fans,

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmellOfVictory View Post
Yup. If they miraculously got all 3 of their picks in the top 10, Eller might benefit them simply from being an NHL player and providing their fans with some more immediate team improvement (and let's face it, they need to provide something for their fans since they lost Nash and Carter).
but.. as John Davidson has noted to anyone that will listen the Blue Jackets will be rebuilt through drafting & accumulating assets. With that said

LetsGOJackets!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2012, 04:19 PM
sharks9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
It'd certainly be given some thought. I'm not sure how much tho. Center is presently arguably the weakest position in prospect depth because while we have some quality prospects, most of them are likely third-liners (although Captain Boone is looking really, really awesome right now ). It's questionable whether or not Eller really constitutes a significant enough addition to trade down, given that that's about the same level at which he's performing. We've also got plenty of third-line and equivalent guys on the roster already, so his development status doesn't help his value to us.

If we have a top-10 pick this year and that's the target? No way in hell. Later picks... maybe. If we like what we see in the second round.
Eller could definitely be a 2nd liner for Columbus. He's could definitely have a break out season if he's given more than the 15 minutes of ice time a night he's getting in Montreal and some PP time would do him good as well. I completely understand Columbus not wanting to do it if the pick is top 10, but MTL won't do it if it's in the 20's. We'd probably need it to be in the early teens or else we might as well just boost our prospect pool with 2 guys instead of 1 as it's supposed to be a pretty deep draft.

sharks9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2012, 04:20 PM
PierreMcGuire*
How dissapointing

If I'm in the bottom third of the draft, I'd consider it.

If I was Top 3 I wouldn't move the pick for either one of Subban or Galchenyuk, anywhere else in the draft and I would.

PierreMcGuire* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2012, 05:14 PM
FoppaForsberg*

Quote:
Originally Posted by topdog View Post
I agree no team would be stupid enough to give up a top 10 pick for Eller and 2 2nd rd picks but you inturn say something just as stupid.
Do you really believe a team wouldn't be willing to give up a TOP 10 PICK for either
Subban or Galchenyuk.Than you add maybe they do it.

Let me see ...the 10th over all pick for Subban or Galchenyuk and that team will maybe do it.
I never said the 10th pick, the OP said top ten (Lottery pick). So with MacKinnon, Monahan, Jones, etc there, I wouldn't.

Old
11-09-2012, 05:16 PM
FoppaForsberg*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4TheCup View Post
Subban or Galchenyuk MIGHT get a top 10 pick? Galchenyuk was a 3rd overall pick that is currently 5th in the OHL in points.
Refer to post 24. If Galchenyuk was in 2013 draft he'd be a 10ish pick.