HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Leafs ECHL update article

Closed Thread

Old
02-06-2005, 03:46 PM
Holly Gunning

vCash: 500
Leafs ECHL update article

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article.php?sid=7524

Old
02-07-2005, 04:13 PM
Leaf Army

Did anyone read this? It's a good read.

I think it's crazy that on a prospects forum, threads about utter nonsense can get 40-50 replies while an article about actual prospects slides down the page without anyone reading it!

Anyway, here's what I thought. It's too bad the coach can't be a little more objective. Every player he's asked about is "a good prospect" or "has a lot of upside."

Here's my thoughts on the article.

David Turon- A year or two ago, I thought he was described as being more of a stay-at-home defenceman. Now it sounds like he's all offense. At any rate, his numbers aren't that good for a guy who's supposed to be an offensive defenceman. He played one game in St. John's this year and he was pretty suspect.

Scott May- Nice to see he's putting up the numbers for Pensacola but he didn't show anything in St. John's. Of course he didn't get much ice time in St. John's. Maybe he'd be worth another look later in the season.

Chris St. Jacques- I was somewhat surprised to read that he's playing a checking role.

Cam Keith- It's too bad he doesn't have more of an offensive touch, because St. John's could use a big winger. Sounds like he's more of a checking player right now and St. John's certainly doesn't need another checker.

Dominic D’Amour- Interesting that he describes him as a "power play" guy. I know he was in Junior, but I don't envision him ever playing that kind of role at a higher level. At least not to a significant extent. He's got potential, but he still needs a lot of polish to round out his game.

Tyson Marsh- Good two-way defenceman with speed? I think of him more as a stay-at-home guy with average to less than average speed. But I haven't seen a lot of him I guess.

Todd Ford- He's put up impressive numbers but I'm trying not to get too excited. His parter Frederic Cloutier also put up impressive numbers in his first ECHL season and where did that get him? We'll have to wait and see about Ford I guess.

Old
02-07-2005, 06:39 PM
Frankie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Army
Did anyone read this? It's a good read.

I think it's crazy that on a prospects forum, threads about utter nonsense can get 40-50 replies while an article about actual prospects slides down the page without anyone reading it!
can't say i'm surprised. most fans, even the ones who post on a prospects board, only have a passing interest in prospects. until the player is a toronto maple leaf, he's a worthless nobody.

farrish was more then generous to those players.

Closed Thread