HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Mike Milbury Sighting

Closed Thread

Old
02-06-2005, 04:14 PM
Balej20*

vCash: 500
Mike Milbury Sighting

I talked with Mike Milbury today at Legal Sea food, by Roosevelt Field Mall. Since i am a manager at the Bertucci's Restaurant in Westbury, I actually see him quite often...(Along with Terry Bradway, Curtis Martin, Micael Peca etc.) But anyway, he said he obviously doesnt think there will be a season this year and he's just completely fed up with all of this. He's starting to worry about next year, but in the end told me not to worry, we'll play at some capacity. Take it for what it's worth, but thats from Mike.

I even told him, if he needs some replacement players, to give me a call.

Old
02-06-2005, 04:21 PM
AG9NK35DT8*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20
I talked with Mike Milbury today at Legal Sea food, by Roosevelt Field Mall. Since i am a manager at the Bertucci's Restaurant in Westbury, I actually see him quite often...(Along with Terry Bradway, Curtis Martin, Micael Peca etc.) But anyway, he said he obviously doesnt think there will be a season this year and he's just completely fed up with all of this. He's starting to worry about next year, but in the end told me not to worry, we'll play at some capacity. Take it for what it's worth, but thats from Mike.

I even told him, if he needs some replacement players, to give me a call.
I was just at roosevelt field today with my brother then went to Tower records on Old country road ( think thats where it is ), im from bellerose area in queens, you?

Ive been to that place so many damn times and every time i leave i cant get out if its the mall or driving to get home..damn places in L.I suck I always get lost out there

Old
02-06-2005, 04:22 PM
NYRGoalieGlut*

Did u tell him everything that u think of him and the Islanders?

Old
02-06-2005, 04:48 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AG9NK35DT8
I was just at roosevelt field today with my brother then went to Tower records on Old country road ( think thats where it is ), im from bellerose area in queens, you?

Ive been to that place so many damn times and every time i leave i cant get out if its the mall or driving to get home..damn places in L.I suck I always get lost out there
I grew up in Bellrose, moved out to LI a few years back. I live in East Meadow now.

Old
02-06-2005, 05:33 PM
patnyrnyg

Next time you see Milbury, ask him about Berard and his daughter!!!!!!

Old
02-06-2005, 06:11 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Next time Milbury comes in, please ask him how did it feel to have to see his number one goalie Tommy Salo get the crap kicked out of by Dan Cloutier?

Last edited by SingnBluesOnBroadway: 02-07-2005 at 08:32 AM.
Old
02-06-2005, 07:19 PM
mrnasty

vCash:
I started liking Milbury when Dog ripped him and he still kept coming on. He has balls that guy. Unlike Sather who did his radio in Canada.

Old
02-07-2005, 11:30 AM
303Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41
Next time Milbury comes in, please ask him how did it feel to have to see his number one goalie Tommy Salo get the crap kicked out of by Dan Cloutier?
He probably didn't mind it that day since the Swedish Sieve threw a shutout that game. I believe it was 3-0 or 4-0. .

Old
02-07-2005, 01:07 PM
Fish

Come on guys, isn't this taking rivalry to a stupid level? We can all dislike Mike Milbury for being part of the Islander organization, but I don't see why that means we have to go around talking about physically assaulting the guy.

He obviously cares about his team and is one of the few in the hockey hierarchy who has demonstrated any meaningful appreciation of fans. In that sense my estimation of him has risen somewhat...

Old
02-07-2005, 01:26 PM
NYIsles1*

http://www.nynewsday.com/sports/hock...ckey-headlines

Forgetting his awful decisions as a gm for a moment he does get it when it comes to what the fans mean to this game.

Whether someone spends $1,000 or $10,000 on us, they're all supporting us. And we're just punching the fans right in the mouth with this [lockout]. I mean, talk about a scam. We took their money and didn't give them a product for their dollar? I wanted to do this because I know that it's been the fans that have paid my salary all these years."

Old
02-07-2005, 02:02 PM
303Joe

Actually spoke w/ Milbury for about

15-20 minutes several weeks ago as he is calling all season ticket holders. He apoligized over the lockout said he hoped there was something that he could do but its pretty much all the owners right now. Talked about hiw the lockout no matter how long it is has already affected the fans and many will not come back. Talked to him about a few players on the team as well as a few propsects that I saw a few times in Bridgeport. I did post it on the Isles board back then went looking for it it was gone after several weeks. There are may varying opinions on the guy but he was very nice for tthe conversation I had w/ him left off you got my # call me if you ever want to complain about anything.

Old
02-07-2005, 02:12 PM
Olympic nut

Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Joe
15-20 minutes several weeks ago as he is calling all season ticket holders. He apoligized over the lockout said he hoped there was something that he could do but its pretty much all the owners right now. Talked about hiw the lockout no matter how long it is has already affected the fans and many will not come back. Talked to him about a few players on the team as well as a few propsects that I saw a few times in Bridgeport. I did post it on the Isles board back then went looking for it it was gone after several weeks. There are may varying opinions on the guy but he was very nice for tthe conversation I had w/ him left off you got my # call me if you ever want to complain about anything.
That's class. I don't like Mad Mike because of how he's always hated the Rangers, I think he's pure comedy as a GM sometimes, but that's a great thing for him to have done. The Rangers fan forums were a great idea, but can you imagine the time Milbury must have taken to do that?

Old
02-07-2005, 02:27 PM
Kodiak

Send a message via ICQ to Kodiak Send a message via AIM to Kodiak Send a message via Yahoo to Kodiak
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007
That's class. I don't like Mad Mike because of how he's always hated the Rangers, I think he's pure comedy as a GM sometimes, but that's a great thing for him to have done. The Rangers fan forums were a great idea, but can you imagine the time Milbury must have taken to do that?
It can't take that much time when you only have three season ticket holders.

(Sorry Joe, that one was just waiting to be jumped on)

Last edited by Kodiak: 02-07-2005 at 04:31 PM.
Old
02-07-2005, 03:41 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Milbury knows how to work the media, the fans, even the isles owner. The problem is he's an awful GM.

Old
02-07-2005, 08:58 PM
AG9NK35DT8*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20
I grew up in Bellrose, moved out to LI a few years back. I live in East Meadow now.
Well im in the Bronx now live with a girl, my parents are the ones in bellerose like it around there pretty good area.

Old
02-07-2005, 09:56 PM
NYFAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13
Milbury knows how to work the media, the fans, even the isles owner. The problem is he's an awful GM.

He couldn't possibly have done worse than our current resident genius!!

Old
02-08-2005, 08:24 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYFAN
He couldn't possibly have done worse than our current resident genius!!
I don't know. Sather hasn't given up the young talent that Milbury has.

Old
02-08-2005, 10:19 AM
drewcon40

I would probably love Milbury if he wasn't so anti-Ranger. I am 30 years old so I was a bit young to remember the shoe incident against the Bruins. However, in 1990, I did find him likable when he was the Bruins coach in their Stanley Cup run against the Oilers. (The Gretzky-less cup)***.

I read the book "Fishsticks" and get the feeling he is a likeable person. It seems he goes out of his way to insult the Rangers. That is the only thing that annoys me about him. I am one of the rare Ranger/Mets fans in this city. (most Ranger fans seem to be Yankees fans). I understand the feeling of playing second fiddle to a team. With Milbury, I guess it's an inferiority complex as an Islander. The Islanders have had better teams since Charles Wang , but it seems that the Islanders get more satisfaction out of finishing higher than the Rangers than actually progressing in the playoffs. When the Rangers would qualify for the playoffs (late 80s/early 90s), I didn't even consider where the Islanders were (except 1990 and 1994 when we played them).

***Speaking of that 1990 Oilers team, I didn't realize how that Oiler team would impact the Rangers.

Players
Messiah Messier
Adam Graves
Jeff Beukeboom
Kevin Lowe
Jari Kurri
Glenn Anderson
Esa Tikkanen
Craig MacTavish (assistant coach and player)
Geoff Smith

Joe Murphy (The infamous November 1999 tryout which ended with Murphy's skate being tossed in the bay).

Management and Coaching
Glen Sather
Ron Low :mad:
John Muckler
Ted Green
Charle Huddy (coach)
Dave Brown (scout)

Former Ranger, Reijo Ruotsalainen was on that team.

Old
02-08-2005, 10:23 AM
Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
I don't know. Sather hasn't given up the young talent that Milbury has.
He also hasn't made the playoffs like Milbury has.

Old
02-08-2005, 08:52 PM
303Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by patnyrnyg
Next time you see Milbury, ask him about Berard and his daughter!!!!!!
You can also ask him how it felt when he went in the stands at MSG and whacked some schumk with his own shoe. Classic!!!

Closed Thread