HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

what will Peat bring to the caps this season?

Closed Thread

Old
09-20-2003, 08:34 AM
fedorov_jr

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to fedorov_jr Send a message via MSN to fedorov_jr
what will Peat bring to the caps this season?

lots of PIM? a healthy scratch every few games?

thoughts?

Old
09-20-2003, 09:46 AM
strungout
Professional Killer

Not much...if anything at all. Personally I feel Alex Henry is the better player...maybe not better fighter...but he's learing how to hold his own as a fighter. At this point he's beating out Peat for a 4th line spot...so...who knows. Plus he's really good at cycling the puck...not too many mention that about Henry.

The whole Peat thing always tends to touch a few nerves in Caps Land...yeah...he can fight...but beyond that?

Peat would look good back in Anahiem...

Old
09-20-2003, 10:07 AM
txpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by jincargo
Not much...if anything at all. Personally I feel Alex Henry is the better player...maybe not better fighter...but he's learing how to hold his own as a fighter. At this point he's beating out Peat for a 4th line spot...so...who knows. Plus he's really good at cycling the puck...not too many mention that about Henry.

The whole Peat thing always tends to touch a few nerves in Caps Land...yeah...he can fight...but beyond that?

Peat would look good back in Anahiem...
You are watching a different Alex Henry than I am. I didn't see him touch the puck more than a dozen times last year, much less cycle the puck, much less show any talent for cycling the puck. To me Henry is a pylon. Peat isn't a great skater, but Henry can't skate at all. When the puck is in the Caps end when Henry is on the ice its like playing a man short. Its downright dangerous. Neither Peat nor Henry offer a lot past fighting. Look at their minutes last year. They don't play.

Old
09-20-2003, 10:25 AM
fedorov_jr

Send a message via ICQ to fedorov_jr Send a message via MSN to fedorov_jr
so if i was looking for a goon in a pool, what should i expect from Peat? 100 PIM? more?

Old
09-20-2003, 10:50 AM
Mighty Duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by fedorov_jr
so if i was looking for a goon in a pool, what should i expect from Peat? 100 PIM? more?
Well, maybe Peat might be able to get back to Anaheim, as it was a huge mistake losing him for a 4th rd. pick. The Ducks need an enforcer in a big way. If the Caps and Cassidy are happy with Henry, maybe we can send back a 4th to get Peat back. It doesn't look like Cassidy likes Peat anyway. Of course, with the waiver draft coming up, maybe we can get him for nothing. Do you guys think Peat would like it here in Disneyland?

Old
09-21-2003, 09:13 AM
PSUhockey34

Both guys are converted dmen to fowards and are there for the same reason and thats fightening...Henry has the size but Peat has bloodied alot of NHL goons so I guess its a crap shoot of who you would rather have...I'd take peat over henry for the sole reason you know he isnt going to back down from anyone...did anyone hear the rumor awhile back that peat got stabbed in the chest with a beer bottle protecting Beech when they were playing together in calgary

Closed Thread