HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Leafs Lounge v. 87 - The Lord of the LL: The Return of the Kamo

Closed Thread

Old
11-08-2012, 08:47 PM
RaskY
GLG

vCash: 500

Looks intense

Old
11-08-2012, 08:50 PM
Quarter
Exploding Knees

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsMonster View Post
So was it like a clear choice that "i like learning about this, so I'm going to keep takin it and see what happens" or did you choose between different things?

I'm just confused as to how people know what direction they want to go in life. Some don't. But how do they make choices then? What if you'rr passionate about 2 things that you can see yourself doing in the future but you don't know which to pursue?
It was pretty much just Kin. I don't really have any interest in learning about anything else.

Old
11-08-2012, 08:56 PM
LeafsMonster
MeowLeafs is awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarter View Post
It was pretty much just Kin. I don't really have any interest in learning about anything else.
You're lucky lol

Old
11-08-2012, 09:00 PM
JMcLeaf
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 200
Quote:
So was it like a clear choice that "i like learning about this, so I'm going to keep takin it and see what happens" or did you choose between different things?

I'm just confused as to how people know what direction they want to go in life. Some don't. But how do they make choices then? What if you'rr passionate about 2 things that you can see yourself doing in the future but you don't know which to pursue?
Look at how much education you'll need, and how many job opportunities there are in the two areas then the decision should be easier.

Old
11-08-2012, 09:01 PM
Chandrashekhar Limit
ORANJE 4 LYFE

That jersey is awesome, but the sponsor names at the fronts of those ruin it for me.

Ozil is a ****ing beast though.

Old
11-08-2012, 09:04 PM
Quarter
Exploding Knees

National kits >

Old
11-08-2012, 09:11 PM
LeafsMonster
MeowLeafs is awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMcLeaf View Post
Look at how much education you'll need, and how many job opportunities there are in the two areas then the decision should be easier.
Yeah I guess. But it doesn't make it any easier because you want to do both so badly. I'm really stressing for no reason. I guess I should wait and see what happens. But sometimes I start thinking about it and I get really confused lol

Old
11-08-2012, 09:15 PM
Tank

vCash: 50
Got the sickest Tommy jacket, and btw if any of you were wondering... both of us still have our job, the other manager said she'll let it go

Old
11-08-2012, 09:15 PM
Grant
LL Genius

http://www.am980.ca/news/local/story.aspx?ID=1814117

****. Hopefully nothing serious or else I will be screwed going to and coming back from school. The shortest detour for my bus, assuming no traffic would likely take I would guess about 10-15 minutes. With traffic (this is a busy bridge so there will be traffic whatever the detour is) probably looking at close to 30 minutes. Fantastic news...

Old
11-08-2012, 09:18 PM
JMcLeaf
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Yeah I guess. But it doesn't make it any easier because you want to do both so badly. I'm really stressing for no reason. I guess I should wait and see what happens. But sometimes I start thinking about it and I get really confused lol
You're still pretty young so you have time to figure it out. Classes in high school may help you decide what you like more. If you really want help then perhaps talk to a career counsellor or even see if you can talk to people in the profession to see what they have to say about the jobs.

What are the two areas you're looking at if you dont mind me asking?

Old
11-08-2012, 09:18 PM
RaskY
GLG

Quote:
I'm the same way because I've noticed I go through phases where I become totally interested and addicted to something like for example making videos of sports highlights or something, and I feel like I really wanna go to school for film or something..Then I'll lose interest in that and really get into writing, and I think I wanna maybe go into journalism..And so on and so on.

I say just let it come to you, I think you'll know when the time comes that you do have to apply to colllege/uni, it's still pretty far away for you, but it's still good to think about it.

Old
11-08-2012, 09:21 PM
JMcLeaf
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant View Post
http://www.am980.ca/news/local/story.aspx?ID=1814117

****. Hopefully nothing serious or else I will be screwed going to and coming back from school. The shortest detour for my bus, assuming no traffic would likely take I would guess about 10-15 minutes. With traffic (this is a busy bridge so there will be traffic whatever the detour is) probably looking at close to 30 minutes. Fantastic news...
Can't you switch on to the richmond bus downtown? Im assuming you go to uwo

Old
11-08-2012, 09:26 PM
Grant
LL Genius

Quote:
Can't you switch on to the richmond bus downtown? Im assuming you go to uwo
I go to UWO yeah. I will look into doing that but I hear doing that takes a ridiculously long time. People in my area have said they have just missed that bus in the past so they would take a bus downtown instead and transfer to where they would normally get off and they say it takes longer than waiting for the next bus to come haha.

Old
11-08-2012, 09:29 PM
LeafsMonster
MeowLeafs is awesome

Quote:
You're still pretty young so you have time to figure it out. Classes in high school may help you decide what you like more. If you really want help then perhaps talk to a career counsellor or even see if you can talk to people in the profession to see what they have to say about the jobs.

What are the two areas you're looking at if you dont mind me asking?
Medical for forensic pathology, or journalism for sports. If i knew any jobs in the Leafs organization, I would drop everything and do that. I don't know what though. I want to be behind the scenes working with the Leafs, but no idea as what. I love writing and love hockey so journalism seems natural. Not sure if forensic pathology or pyschology.

Basically journalism or medical. Too many possibilities

Old
11-08-2012, 09:30 PM
LeafsMonster
MeowLeafs is awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaskY View Post
I'm the same way because I've noticed I go through phases where I become totally interested and addicted to something like for example making videos of sports highlights or something, and I feel like I really wanna go to school for film or something..Then I'll lose interest in that and really get into writing, and I think I wanna maybe go into journalism..And so on and so on.

I say just let it come to you, I think you'll know when the time comes that you do have to apply to colllege/uni, it's still pretty far away for you, but it's still good to think about it.
Yeah I know lol. I can't help but get excited for the future. Except it kills me that I don't have a clear idea of the path I'm going to take.

Old
11-08-2012, 09:30 PM
JMcLeaf
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant View Post
I go to UWO yeah. I will look into doing that but I hear doing that takes a ridiculously long time. People in my area have said they have just missed that bus in the past so they would take a bus downtown instead and transfer to where they would normally get off and they say it takes longer than waiting for the next bus to come haha.
I found the richmond bus to be pretty good when I went. When I started at uwo I always took the dundas, but I switched to the richmond then never switched back. I found there were a lot of buses because, although the 6 doesnt come that often, the 6A or buses that just said UWO or something like that came pretty often. May have changed now, but it was great back then. The 2nd bus I had to take is what always caused me problems because it only came every 30 min.

Old
11-08-2012, 09:32 PM
Grant
LL Genius

Just looked at it. Would take 45 minutes taking different buses to get to school assuming perfect timing for transferring.

My current ride takes about 20-25 minutes currently. Adding in the detour I'm looking at pretty much the exact same time.

Edit: by perfect transferring I mean as soon as I get off the one bus I get on another which isn't necessarily the case, likely looking at 5-10 minute wait making the ride 50-55 minutes.

Old
11-08-2012, 09:41 PM
JMcLeaf
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Medical for forensic pathology, or journalism for sports. If i knew any jobs in the Leafs organization, I would drop everything and do that. I don't know what though. I want to be behind the scenes working with the Leafs, but no idea as what. I love writing and love hockey so journalism seems natural. Not sure if forensic pathology or pyschology.

Basically journalism or medical. Too many possibilities
Two tough areas that will take a lot of hard work, but if you're up for it then those should be interesting areas to get into. I'm sure you'll figure out which is best for you eventually.

In grade 10 I wanted to be an aerospace engineer. That changed after I took my first physics class lol.

Old
11-08-2012, 09:46 PM
Tank

Farewell Blaine Gabbert, I will miss thee...

Hello...

Old
11-08-2012, 09:50 PM
LeafsMonster
MeowLeafs is awesome

Quote:
Two tough areas that will take a lot of hard work, but if you're up for it then those should be interesting areas to get into. I'm sure you'll figure out which is best for you eventually.

In grade 10 I wanted to be an aerospace engineer. That changed after I took my first physics class lol.
LOL I won't know for sure until I get into the more specific courses in grade 11. I hope I'll figure it out eventually. I'm going to do co-op and lots of volunteering. There is barely any volunteering in the hockey field, but whatever. I'm sure I'll figure it out (hopefully). Just gotta be open minded with my courses

Old
11-08-2012, 09:54 PM
Quarter
Exploding Knees

Quote:
One of my best friends really wanted to be an architect until he realized he needed a portfolio of sketches and drawings. Said **** it and went into general science instead... now he's taking psychology.

EDIT: Always remember that you aren't limited to what you end up doing. My aunt has changed careers three or four times since she graduated university (which would be around 30 years ago I assume).

Old
11-08-2012, 10:05 PM
JMcLeaf
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarter View Post
One of my best friends really wanted to be an architect until he realized he needed a portfolio of sketches and drawings. Said **** it and went into general science instead... now he's taking psychology.

EDIT: Always remember that you aren't limited to what you end up doing. My aunt has changed careers three or four times since she graduated university (which would be around 30 years ago I assume).
It's definitely for the best that I didn't stick with the aerospace plan because I started struggling in math after gr 10 so I doubt I would have been able to pull it off unless I really worked my butt off. I have horrible work habits when it comes to school so it would have been a disaster

Old
11-08-2012, 10:19 PM
Epictetus
Global Moderator
Create yourself.

vCash: 2050
It's a product of an education system built on gearing students towards finding a job and contributing to the economy (IE: financial state of the country), rather than developing, nurturing, and cultivating talents of the individual to reflect meaning, happiness, and an enlightened society.

I don't blame anyone of you that flip-flop between career paths; reject certain subjects because of a statistical number that is suppose to represent your intelligence-level on the subject (IE: a grade); and find no real interest in anything.

There's a fantastic story about a student who wanted to be a fire-fighter when he grew up, and his teacher claimed there was better jobs out there (disregarding the students dream). He gave the typical claim: 'you're smart', be a doctor, lawyer, teacher, engineer, scientist, etc.

Well, the student followed through on his dream and became a firefighter. Turns out, years later, he gets a call about a car accident. Ends up pulling out a man and a woman, and saves their lives. It was his teacher and teacher's wife.

Patience tends to be a virtue in these things. Volunteer, meet new people, join clubs, get involved socially, work at various places part-time, read books, plays sports, and keep learning.

You'll find something; never rush your entire future because society or circumstance tells you.

Old
11-08-2012, 10:26 PM
Grant
LL Genius

Just read another article on that bridge being closed that is going to cause me hell tomorrow.

Police were called about reports of the bridge swaying but at the time it was bumper to bumper traffic on the bridge. Bridges are always swaying a little and a little movement is fine. Kind of sounds like to me that if it wasn't bumper to bumper this movement wouldn't even be noticed.

Unfortunately this article also makes it sound like they will be inspecting the bridge all day tomorrow. Hopefully they can deem it safe enough to drive on early in the day and still inspect it with cars on it haha.

Old
11-08-2012, 10:48 PM
LeafsMonster
MeowLeafs is awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epictetus View Post

You'll find something; never rush your entire future because society or circumstance tells you.
Exactly what I think

Closed Thread