HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Leafs Lounge v. 87 - The Lord of the LL: The Return of the Kamo

Closed Thread

Old
11-11-2012, 03:02 PM
Grant
LL Genius

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrence View Post
Bet all my vCash on the Pats.
How does one bet vCash?

Also, ****! Only got a FG so only a 6 points lead.

Old
11-11-2012, 03:09 PM
Grant
LL Genius

NOOOOO!!!!! Bills recovered

Argh. I'm losing hair fast here...

PATS INTERCEPT!!!!! PATS WIN!!!!!!

Ummmm. Just saw a very disturbing looking injury on TSN sportscenter to J.C. Sherritt. Can't find a picture, but his foot is turned 180 degrees...ouch.

Last edited by Grant: 11-11-2012 at 03:22 PM.
Old
11-11-2012, 03:19 PM
JMcLeaf
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 500
Amanda Bynes' voice is annoying

Old
11-11-2012, 03:44 PM
Terrence
Registered Slacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant View Post
How does one bet vCash?

Also, ****! Only got a FG so only a 6 points lead.
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/vbookie.php?

11-11-2012, 03:46 PM
MeowLeafs
LM is awesome

Old
11-11-2012, 03:49 PM
Grant
LL Genius

Quote:
I've never done betting before so don't really understand it haha.

Say I want to bet on the Kansas Pitts game (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1281777). For the Steelers it says "100/525". Does that mean if I bet 525 and the Steelers win I win 100 vCash and give me 625 back in total? Or is there some sort of spread involved as well?

Old
11-11-2012, 03:53 PM
Terrence
Registered Slacker

Quote:
I've never done betting before so don't really understand it haha.

Say I want to bet on the Kansas Pitts game (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1281777). For the Steelers it says "100/525". Does that mean if I bet 525 and the Steelers win I win 100 vCash and give me 625 back in total? Or is there some sort of spread involved as well?
I believe so.

Old
11-11-2012, 03:55 PM
Grant
LL Genius

Quote:
I believe so.
Believe so about my first guess? Or believe so about the spread? haha

Old
11-11-2012, 03:57 PM
Terrence
Registered Slacker

Quote:
Believe so about my first guess? Or believe so about the spread? haha
Edit, wait no first guess is right.

Like, I bet 500 on the Pats and the odds were 100/600 and I won 83 more vCash plus got my 500 back. Makes sense cause 500 is 5/6 of 600 and 83 is approx 5/6 of 100.

Old
11-11-2012, 03:58 PM
Grant
LL Genius

Quote:
Edit, wait no first guess.
Whatever, I will go all in on the Steelers and see what happens haha.

Edit: Just found a FAQ

Quote:
Q.How does betting work?
A. vBookie uses straight odds, avoiding point spreads and keeping it simple.
problem solved.

Old
11-11-2012, 04:05 PM
RaskY
Re-registered User

To put this into perspective, a man who shoots and murders two other men on the street and gets charged with murder would be facing a prison sentence. The media would fabricate him as a criminal, as a murderer, and as a villain which is plausible. Now if that same man had instead enlisted in the army, gone to a foreign country and murdered two other men on the street, it would go for the most part unnoticed as a crime. In-fact he would return to his home country and the media would fabricate him as a war-hero, rather than what he actually is, a war-criminal.

Any loopholes in this example? I wanna make sure I don't get called out on it if I say this lol.

Old
11-11-2012, 04:31 PM
Baarle*
Lähme looduses

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaskY View Post
To put this into perspective, a man who shoots and murders two other men on the street and gets charged with murder would be facing a prison sentence. The media would fabricate him as a criminal, as a murderer, and as a villain which is plausible. Now if that same man had instead enlisted in the army, gone to a foreign country and murdered two other men on the street, it would go for the most part unnoticed as a crime. In-fact he would return to his home country and the media would fabricate him as a war-hero, rather than what he actually is, a war-criminal.

Any loopholes in this example? I wanna make sure I don't get called out on it if I say this lol.
pretty sure some soldier got charged with killing some afghans or something not too long ago?

Old
11-11-2012, 04:33 PM
Epictetus
Global Moderator
Create yourself.

vCash: 4200
I'm a little confused. Why would the media fabricate him as a war-hero if, in the previous sentence, you said it would go largely unnoticed?

And say instead of murder, you used r*pe. So the guy does this to two females, gets thrown in jail, charged, etc. Now, in the army, he does this to two civilian females. When he returns, would the media celebrate and call him a war-hero? If not, what is the difference between the two cases? Why in the first case, he's a war-hero, but in this case, he's suddenly not?

Personally, I don't think just because you are in the military people will react differently. An innocent person being harmed is an innocent person being harmed. Period.

There have been some notable cases where people frowned upon military actions, especially towards civilians. I think I read about an American soldier opening fire on Afghan civilians during the war -- he got charged and the media didn't cheer him as a war-hero.

Old
11-11-2012, 04:36 PM
Grant
LL Genius

Personally Rasky I wouldn't say that. There are a bunch of cases I believe against it and it can largely depend on someones opinion on how they fell on the matter.

Old
11-11-2012, 04:40 PM
RaskY
Re-registered User

Yeah, because he committed a war crime. I should've mentioned I guess that would be said right before I get into analyzing war crimes and criminals. Today the prosecution against those who commit crimes of war is far more efficient than it was 50 years ago. The concept of a war crime was barely existent before WWII. It basically all started with the Nuremberg Trials.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epictetus View Post
I'm a little confused. Why would the media fabricate him as a war-hero if, in the previous sentence, you said it would go largely unnoticed?
Unnoticed in the sense that he's a criminal. The media and public would commend him for fighting for our country, and ignore the other side of the spectrum. That even in combat crimes are committed. Again, I should have stated I guess that I would be talking about this as it relates to a time period where military soldiers were never indicted for what they did in war.

Old
11-11-2012, 04:42 PM
Leafs at Knight
Fire Burn the Ice

You would actually get charged for killing innocent civilians in a different country if you were in the Army.

Old
11-11-2012, 05:17 PM
KlattNazty

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaskY View Post

Depends on who you are saying it too. Few assumptions I need to dispel. First, the media wont fabricate him as a villain, by shooting two other people in public he has done that to himself. I see your point though, yes the media will pounce on this case quickly.

No. If the man enlists in the army, and does not have orders to shoot, then he will be reprimanded for war crimes. Other factors: If he does have orders, is he killing other soldiers or is it civilians? He will be in big **** if its civilians. Second, is there a presence of a threat? Why is he shooting? Simply because he is trigger happy?

You need to be careful with this example. I see your point, but you might want to add some context. For example.

The man who kills two other men in the street in Toronto is a gangbanger, a drug peddling low life etc etc. That is when the media will truly "paint" someone a villain.

The soldier who kills to other men, if he kills other soldiers that there is open war on, or direct orders to shoot to kill then yes he will be glorified. If it is against civilians, it is POSSIBLE that it is forgotten by the media, but I think far more likely that he is in trouble. The catch 22 is, does the media ever get wind of it. Doubtful. The military has a tighter knit community than even the police, screw ups like that might happen and are not always leaked to the media.

Old
11-11-2012, 05:19 PM
Grant
LL Genius

They are saying only a dislocated ankle, no knee damage and injury isn't as serious as originally thought.

Old
11-11-2012, 05:24 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

awesome.

11-11-2012, 05:32 PM
Terrence
Registered Slacker

Met my future roommate tonight. Might have a LR situation come January on my hands, boys.

Old
11-11-2012, 05:33 PM
Grant
LL Genius

Quote:
Met my future roommate tonight. Might have a LR situation come January on my hands, boys.
I don't think I'm aware of this 'situation'. Sounds juicy though, please elaborate

Old
11-11-2012, 05:34 PM
Polo*

No remembrance day thread on the leafs board?

Pretty classless imo

Old
11-11-2012, 05:37 PM
Terrence
Registered Slacker

Quote:
I don't think I'm aware of this 'situation'. Sounds juicy though, please elaborate
The following image sums it up perfectly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo View Post

Pretty classless imo
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1276757

Old
11-11-2012, 05:37 PM
SeenSchenn2
Have Faith GLG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo View Post

Pretty classless imo
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1276757

You were saying?

Old
11-11-2012, 05:39 PM
Terrence
Registered Slacker

Prepare for trouble and make it double, *****.

Closed Thread