HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Mathletic's Top 210 Prospects for the 2013 NHL Draft (Q1) + Mock Draft

Old
11-06-2012, 02:32 PM
Mathletic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterSurge View Post
No, I haven't. Stenglein needs to just shoot the puck. He always makes stupid passes/drop passes when he could just shoot. Stenglein also has a nice 'edge' to him. Cangelosi and Stenglein are both playing for Team USA up in the WJAC this week. They scored the only goals for Team USA in the exhibition game and had two assists last night.
thanks for reminding me, I forgot this tournament was going on at the moment

Mathletic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2012, 02:45 PM
Jamie Benn
NHL Draft Enthusiast

As A Royals Fan, how are Dixon + Vollrath on the list, but Kanzig isn't?

Jamie Benn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2012, 02:45 PM
Xokkeu

I really hope you're right back Adam Erne. It'd be lovely to see him picked in the top 10.

Xokkeu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 12:44 PM
Opinionator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathletic View Post
thanks!

I always hear good things about Nikkel but it doesn't seem to translate on paper. I'm not pretending that stats are the end of it all. I'd like to hear what you think of him in general and who you think he comapres to at this point.
Nikkel has held even for over the last 25 games on a sinking ship while Roy's stats and others sink like a rock. What does this do for your paper? His skating and compete level are off the charts! #6 overall WHL fights as well for a young 95'. Very under rated. But not surprised for this board. He was totally off this board for the 2010 bantam draft and went 42nd over all. Like someone else said "A WHL Dark Horse!"

Opinionator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 01:52 PM
TS Quint

I must have missed this when it was originally posted. You must have done a great job, I've never seen less complaining about a list ever. I also like a guy who is willing to back up his rankings with reasoning afterword.

I've been curious about Duclair after seeing a few posters (not many) being really high on this kid. You have him ranked higher than I have seen. What do you like about him?

TS Quint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 02:03 PM
Scarecrow Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishManSam View Post
J.Subban does not have enough skill to make up for his lack of size on D for any sane GM to draft him 23rd overall.
I agree with this guy on the Subban. If Subban wasn't such a good goalie, Subban would have a worse +/- lol did I mention Subban... Subban.

Ye I don't see Jordan going any higher than his brother did. Like P.K, he isn't the most responsible defensively, he can help out offensively but it's definitely a high risk player. I don't think size plays into my opinion too much. I'm pretty sure Jordan is listed at like 5'9" but he's actually 5'11" - 6'0" from what I've been told and seen (tough to tell on tv/computer so I asked people from the area)

Scarecrow Boat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 02:21 PM
Mathletic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS Quint View Post
I must have missed this when it was originally posted. You must have done a great job, I've never seen less complaining about a list ever. I also like a guy who is willing to back up his rankings with reasoning afterword.

I've been curious about Duclair after seeing a few posters (not many) being really high on this kid. You have him ranked higher than I have seen. What do you like about him?
Thanks! I should have a new list sometime by December 17-23rd.

As for Duclair, on paper the kid has been consistent for years. From Midget AAA to his freshman year in the Q and again this year. He can play in all situations. Some have knocked his hockey IQ but I don't really see this on paper nor with my own eyes. As for my subjective evaluation. He's a very good puck carrier. At times you may question his vision a bit though but it's good enough. Very good speed and good hands in tight space. He has gained the necessary weight since joining the Remparts also. He came in at 160 or less and is now listed at 180 by CSS, which is perfectly fine for a kid his age. Some will knock his stats for playing with Grigorenko but he has been as productive when matched with other teammates i.e. Erne, Shaw and Houde.

Some have said he might have a questionnable attitude but I heard otherwise. From what I know he comes from a very good family, strong student and all. People who see him on a regular basis seem to like him i.e. Remparts play-by-play guy.

I guess a comparison would be poor man's Taylor Hall. Can't really think of a comparison for now.

Also, I'll try to have 2014 and 2015 draft previews sometime either in December or in 2013.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opinionator View Post
Nikkel has held even for over the last 25 games on a sinking ship while Roy's stats and others sink like a rock. What does this do for your paper? His skating and compete level are off the charts! #6 overall WHL fights as well for a young 95'. Very under rated. But not surprised for this board. He was totally off this board for the 2010 bantam draft and went 42nd over all. Like someone else said "A WHL Dark Horse!"
Thanks for the reply!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Tilander View Post
I agree with this guy on the Subban. If Subban wasn't such a good goalie, Subban would have a worse +/- lol did I mention Subban... Subban.

Ye I don't see Jordan going any higher than his brother did. Like P.K, he isn't the most responsible defensively, he can help out offensively but it's definitely a high risk player. I don't think size plays into my opinion too much. I'm pretty sure Jordan is listed at like 5'9" but he's actually 5'11" - 6'0" from what I've been told and seen (tough to tell on tv/computer so I asked people from the area)
CSS has him at 5'9, 175

Last edited by Mathletic: 12-11-2012 at 02:42 PM.
Old
12-11-2012, 09:39 PM
CATMAN125

Mathletics

Always look froward to your lists , keep em coming

CATMAN125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 10:01 PM
Ewan McGregor

vCash: 622
wasn't that long ago when some sites were saying Jones over MacKinnon

Ewan McGregor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 10:19 PM
Mathletic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewan McGregor View Post
wasn't that long ago when some sites were saying Jones over MacKinnon
I never really bought into it. For those who weren't sure and watched the Red-White game tonight at Canada's camp will start leaning more and more towards MacKinnon as the true n'1.

I guess the only knock on MacKinnon was his vision but I'm finding that he's not really lacking vision, at times he just seems too fast for the play.