HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Madison Square Garden Renovations (Part V)

View Poll Results: Which do you prefer?
Old MSG 79 49.07%
New MSG 82 50.93%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
01-22-2013, 06:36 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavelich View Post
Thanks for the quick reply.

So if you're sitting high up in the 200s you can use that stairwell to make a quick escape to the escalator instead of going down through the seats and portal to the 8th floor concourse?
I don't see why not though I haven't done it yet.

01-22-2013, 06:47 PM
nyrmetros

So how overpriced is the food?

Old
01-23-2013, 05:51 AM
rick063092

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavelich View Post
Thanks for the quick reply.

So if you're sitting high up in the 200s you can use that stairwell to make a quick escape to the escalator instead of going down through the seats and portal to the 8th floor concourse?
Not for all of 200's I'm in 209 (low# seats) and there's no exit in the back of 208 and 209 to get to a stairwell or escalator to the concourse..it's also walled off so even if you want to just go to the new small concession area you have to walk all the way across 209 before you'd be able to get to staircase (high# 209 low # 210 seats) to get to new concession area..

Old
01-23-2013, 06:44 AM
jhnyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
Same here -- I had Row N of 306, which was the last row against the concrete. I could stand anytime and lean my head back against the wall. I also had a small standing room next to me I could pace back and fourth when I got nervous Or buy the cheapest seat in the building and have a third person stand/sit in that area.
I also had the last row in my section and these are the same things I'm gonna miss.

Yes, I much prefered it the way it was. I know it was "old," but it didn't really need this drastic of a change. Fresh paint perhaps, new seats, update the concessions maybe... But this drastic of a change wasn't necessary at all.

Old
01-23-2013, 07:29 AM
acjc1

This change was necessary... not for us, but Dolan. He had to get the suites to the middle of the arena, Madison Club, etc, to rake in even more money. You could rest assured that NONE of this was done with the season ticket holder in mind. MSG prefers the casual fan over us, and the corporations over the casual fan.

Old
01-24-2013, 12:10 AM
Kane One
Global Moderator
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

vCash: 2960
Things I hate:
-The small concourse that's now used for two levels (what was the 300 and 400s). Didn't they show very wide pictures online for the concourses? What a joke.
-The lights. Why the hell are they now on? The only place the lights should be on is on the ice.

Things I like:
-No more "sections." Now all the seats are next to each other.
-No more gigantic aisle that was in the way of everything.

Things that I don't care about:
-Small seats
-No leg room

I'm 5'5", so clearly I don't need all that legroom.

01-24-2013, 12:12 AM
Tanner Glass
Call me Nils

vCash: 50
I guess I'm the only on that doesn't have a problem with the concourse

01-24-2013, 12:14 AM
Kane One
Global Moderator
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

vCash: 2960
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Del Ziti View Post
I guess I'm the only on that doesn't have a problem with the concourse
How don't you have a problem with it? Are you in some secret concourse that no one knows about? It is way too small for all the people in the upper bowl.

Old
01-24-2013, 12:14 AM
Giacomin

I happen to have 6 seats in section 226. I have been a season ticket holder for 6 years and the money I lay out is a big deal considering my salary so I sell several games at a profit. I also donate through the Catholic Church some of my tickets.
Any way I donated 3 tickets to a Father and his 2 teenage girls who happen to be diehard Rangers fans and after tonights game and they just called me raving about how great the seats were and the way the Garden looked. I won,t be going until Saturday against the Leafs but I know I will like the new MSG because my Rangers play there!

Old
01-24-2013, 06:23 AM
patnyrnyg

Anyone go last night? Was the 8th floor concourse a disaster between periods?

Old
01-24-2013, 06:41 AM
Giglio NYR15
Section 417

Quote:
Originally Posted by patnyrnyg View Post
Anyone go last night? Was the 8th floor concourse a disaster between periods?
I felt like it wasnt as bad, but i Guess certain spots could be worse. I only passed through to find the store. My seats are actually in the blue seats and I went to the new bathroom up there within 5 minutes, and found no lines for beer on the west balcony during intermission. Couldnt be happier about my location in the 400s.

Old
01-24-2013, 08:03 AM
phan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Monglobster View Post
The lights on the ice don't look like the Garden anymore. I was watching last night and something didn't feel right. Then I realized that it looked like I was watching a game from NJ or Pitt...the lighting that helped make MSG unique is gone.

Shame they changed the lighting. It's been a number of years since I was at MSG, so I havent seen the upgrades, but the lighting and organ were two of the things that I clearly remember being unique to the arena.

Old
01-24-2013, 08:30 AM
Megustaelhockey
Global Moderator
Hybrid icing

Quote:
Originally Posted by phan View Post
Shame they changed the lighting. It's been a number of years since I was at MSG, so I havent seen the upgrades, but the lighting and organ were two of the things that I clearly remember being unique to the arena.
The lighting and the ice are all anyone on this site seem to want to talk about.

Old
01-24-2013, 08:41 AM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Finally saw my new seats last night! Sec. 104. New Garden looks good. Lighting is A LOT better. There used to be too much yellow. Lower concourse was fine. Popcorn and soda for my brother cost >$10.

Anyone know why they take the bottle caps off and don't let you keep them? Most retarded thing ever.

Old
01-24-2013, 08:44 AM
MessierIsGod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
Anyone know why they take the bottle caps off and don't let you keep them? Most retarded thing ever.
They do it at all the sporting events now. They don't want people throwing caps onto the ice.

Old
01-24-2013, 08:46 AM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
It's so if you pelt someone in the back of the head with it, more force will be dissapated in the flying liquid than if there was a cap on it so less chance of injury. I've never seen anyone hit with a bottle at any game of any sort, but I'm sure it happens and I guess the lawyers recommended that rule. Just bring in a couple bottle caps in your pocket

Old
01-24-2013, 08:48 AM
twistedwrister

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
It's so if you pelt someone in the back of the head with it, more force will be dissapated in the flying liquid than if there was a cap on it so less chance of injury. I've never seen anyone hit with a bottle at any game of any sort, but I'm sure it happens and I guess the lawyers recommended that rule. Just bring in a couple bottle caps in your pocket
also the reason they use plastic beer bottles instead of glass

Old
01-24-2013, 08:51 AM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

I smuggle a bottle of water anyway. But that seems like a stupid rule. I highly doubt my 11 year old brother is going to throw his precious coca cola at someone. I could understand it if they're buying beer. But soda?

Old
01-24-2013, 09:22 AM
patnyrnyg

It is not the bottle. They dont want people throwing caps everywhere.

Old
01-24-2013, 09:23 AM
Tanner Glass
Call me Nils

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
How don't you have a problem with it? Are you in some secret concourse that no one knows about? It is way too small for all the people in the upper bowl.
Behind Hank, in the 200s. 202 to be exact.
It wasn't perfect, but much better. You could move at normal walking speed, and the lines were short

Old
01-24-2013, 09:24 AM
broadwayblue

Interesting, I bought a bottle of water on opening night from a vendor standing against the wall (blocking what little room was available for walking) and she didn't remove the cap. I thought they changed the policy.

Old
01-24-2013, 09:32 AM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by patnyrnyg View Post
It is not the bottle. They dont want people throwing caps everywhere.
I've heard differently. Plus why wouldn't they rather have a few bottle caps they can sweep up rather than sticky floors everywhere from all those spilled drinks

Old
01-24-2013, 11:29 AM
coatjones
Debauchery #1

Send a message via AIM to coatjones
I still think the crowds have to do with

A) People walking around to check out the new sights.
B) People not knowing the fastest way to their seats

I noticed the bathroom line next to my tunnel to be extremely long. Also there is no exit. Coming back out in a tight hallway past the people waiting is a little rough. Some of the walls in the concourse looked temporary. I could be wrong, but it doesn't look finished.

Old
01-24-2013, 11:31 AM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedwrister View Post
also the reason they use plastic beer bottles instead of glass
The switch to plastic is also about cost. The plastic bottles do not weigh as much as the glass. They wouldn't have plastic if it was more expensive.

Old
01-24-2013, 11:33 AM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
I've heard differently. Plus why wouldn't they rather have a few bottle caps they can sweep up rather than sticky floors everywhere from all those spilled drinks
If someone throws a bottle, it is usually pretty obvious. If people start flinging caps, it can be done much more discreetly, plus it does become a pain in the butt to clean up. My friend has been in the concession business for over 10 years and has worked at many stadiums and arenas. He told me it was about the caps being thrown. Bottle throwing and spills have never been much of an issue.

Closed Thread