HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

NHL 13 HUT Thread (Both Systems) - Part 7

Closed Thread

Old
11-02-2012, 08:51 PM
Fel 96
JFC

vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
NHL 13 HUT Thread (Both Systems) - Part 7

Continue.

Part 1: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1257189
Part 2: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1263001
Part 3: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1265443
Part 4: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1269083
Part 5: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1272091
Part 6: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1275201

Old
11-02-2012, 09:26 PM
tututooter21

vCash: 500
Anyone want these players? Selling or trade
D.Boyle
A.Kopitar
J.Eberle

PM me!

Old
11-02-2012, 09:37 PM
Deku Scrub
Stay Strong Murray

vCash: 3900
Just had the sickest comeback I've ever pulled off in this game. I was down 4-1 six minutes into the third, and the guy made me watch all his replays. I got two goals midway through the period, and then ended up scoring twice in the final minute to win the game 5-4. Made him watch every damn replay.

Also found a couple good deals at the hour mark. Picked up J-Bo for around 2.5K and Stafford for 200 pucks. Also missed out on a Grabner for 2K.

Old
11-02-2012, 09:56 PM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 239
Chara - sold
SOTW Ehrhoff
Seguin - sold
Havlat - sold
Sharp - sold

Get 'em while they're hot.

I lost the playoffs to another one of those super-stacked teams running all SOTW and Ward as the goaltender. Getting tired of playing this game because it's few and far between the number of real head to head matches I get to play anymore.

E: I uhh... guess I priced them to sell. I figured 10k for Seguin, 13k for Havlat, 45k for Chara and 16k for Sharp were pretty high...

Last edited by Lonewolfe2015: 11-02-2012 at 10:07 PM.
Old
11-02-2012, 10:18 PM
Noel92

Looking for a Giroux, PM me if you're on PS3

Old
11-02-2012, 10:25 PM
HighLifeMan
HFB Partner

vCash: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
Chara - sold
SOTW Ehrhoff
Seguin - sold
Havlat - sold
Sharp - sold

Get 'em while they're hot.

I lost the playoffs to another one of those super-stacked teams running all SOTW and Ward as the goaltender. Getting tired of playing this game because it's few and far between the number of real head to head matches I get to play anymore.

E: I uhh... guess I priced them to sell. I figured 10k for Seguin, 13k for Havlat, 45k for Chara and 16k for Sharp were pretty high...
, I am in the exact same boat as you.

Lost out in the playoffs in four games. The three losses I did have were to ridiculously overpowered teams.

I ended up selling 3/4ths of my roster overnight and have 200k to spend. I am seriously contemplating going out on packs.

Old
11-02-2012, 10:30 PM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighLifeMan View Post
, I am in the exact same boat as you.

Lost out in the playoffs in four games. The three losses I did have were to ridiculously overpowered teams.

I ended up selling 3/4ths of my roster overnight and have 200k to spend. I am seriously contemplating going out on packs.
After I went 1-2 to open the playoffs I went on a 3-0 run with my final life. I steamrolled someone pretty bad, 6-1 in 30 minutes of gameplay and only 2 shots against. Felt bad.

Then Karma hit me back and this stacked dude annihilates me.

I just tossed Kesler, E. Kane, Burns and Myers on the market too. Figured what the hell, can't hurt to see of anyone else feels like building up my piggy back.

Pretty good chance I just sit on pucks until the Spring or so and see then if the market has died down or not. New games will be coming out, I can get some enjoyment out of EASHL if I find a team or I might try old school Dynasty/Be a GM which I haven't done since I was in high school.

Old
11-02-2012, 10:50 PM
wKetch22
Pure Grime

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
After I went 1-2 to open the playoffs I went on a 3-0 run with my final life. I steamrolled someone pretty bad, 6-1 in 30 minutes of gameplay and only 2 shots against. Felt bad.

Then Karma hit me back and this stacked dude annihilates me.

I just tossed Kesler, E. Kane, Burns and Myers on the market too. Figured what the hell, can't hurt to see of anyone else feels like building up my piggy back.

Pretty good chance I just sit on pucks until the Spring or so and see then if the market has died down or not. New games will be coming out, I can get some enjoyment out of EASHL if I find a team or I might try old school Dynasty/Be a GM which I haven't done since I was in high school.
If you want to loan me your players during your hiatus feel free

Old
11-02-2012, 11:02 PM
David Krejci
STANLEY CUP CHAMPS

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, I HAVE RE-GAINED THE MAGIC TOUCH

Tonight started off pretty good, got Byfuglien for 100, I was shocked I got it, because I actually almost hit "Bid", and had to back off of that and scroll down to BIN it, but I got it, sold it for 15.5k.

THEN

THEN

I was at the 59 minute mark, missed out on Zetterberg for 29k, was like "fffffuuuuuu". Got annoyed sitting there, and went to check the SOTWs....

I got SOTW Jonathan Toews...for....

105k BIN. LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL I'd like to thank whoever put that one up for the free 300k+ pucks. It's up right now for 480k, or if you want to live on the wild side and BIN it, you can have it for just 50 pucks more than that. Xbox 360.

The others up there are up for 499k, and 488k.

My ticket for SOTW Zetterberg has been punched!

Last edited by David Krejci: 11-03-2012 at 12:12 AM.
Old
11-02-2012, 11:08 PM
Jesh18

If anybody has goborik im willing to trade hossa pucks couture sotw radulov and pacioretty

Old
11-02-2012, 11:08 PM
Jesh18

Im on ps3

Old
11-02-2012, 11:11 PM
David Krejci
STANLEY CUP CHAMPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deku Scrub View Post
Just had the sickest comeback I've ever pulled off in this game. I was down 4-1 six minutes into the third, and the guy made me watch all his replays. I got two goals midway through the period, and then ended up scoring twice in the final minute to win the game 5-4. Made him watch every damn replay.

Also found a couple good deals at the hour mark. Picked up J-Bo for around 2.5K and Stafford for 200 pucks. Also missed out on a Grabner for 2K.
That must've felt so good. Can't stand idiots who watch every replay.

Old
11-02-2012, 11:14 PM
Noel92

Found a Richie Regehr SOTW. WTF

Old
11-02-2012, 11:34 PM
BIEKSA
Milk Hotdogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by setowildfan View Post
Found a Richie Regehr SOTW. WTF
Yeah, they had a bunch of European league players in week 1 or 2 or SOTW.

Old
11-02-2012, 11:38 PM
ohnoeszz

So how do you get back in the playoffs? Do you have to wait for the next one?

Also where do I set my strategy for HUT?

Old
11-02-2012, 11:42 PM
David Krejci
STANLEY CUP CHAMPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohnoeszz View Post
So how do you get back in the playoffs? Do you have to wait for the next one?

Also where do I set my strategy for HUT?
Yeah you get only 3 shots at the amateur, if you don't beat it in those 3 tries, gotta wait until next month to try again. 2 for the pro, and 1 for the elite.

For some absolutely infuriatingly mind boggling reason, you can't save your strategies in HUT. Same thing with saving your lines and strategies in just regular online vs. Why this isn't included in the game, nevermind after all these years, is completely beyond me and there's really no excuse for it.

Old
11-02-2012, 11:43 PM
Psyfer
Thrashers forever

Wonder what your guys opinion on best D men is, it seems speed is most important but haven't really been able to find solid D I like enough to keep besides doughty and my SOTW suter currently

Old
11-02-2012, 11:50 PM
HighLifeMan
HFB Partner

vCash: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyfer View Post
Wonder what your guys opinion on best D men is, it seems speed is most important but haven't really been able to find solid D I like enough to keep besides doughty and my SOTW suter currently
Matt Carle, Kevin Shattenkirk and Ryan McDonagh are all very good cost effective defenders. Jay Bouwmeester is also a good value buy.

I tried Phaneuf, Kronwall and Letang and could not notice a substantial difference between them and the aforementioned players. Certainly not enough to justify the puck difference.

Old
11-02-2012, 11:53 PM
Canuckfan4Life2

Looking for Gaborik on XBox

Old
11-02-2012, 11:56 PM
David Krejci
STANLEY CUP CHAMPS

Quote:
I think SOTW Chara is the best card in the game. Put a captain on him, and then with a coach, he can have up to 94 skate. Literally unstoppable with his size, and his checking and defense, and shot, and then hands up to 90something, forget about it. You can't top that.

SOTW Weber's the same thing, just Chara's a little bit better. SOTW Suter's great, too, like you said. I've also really liked what I've gotten out of Brent Burns, can skate, but also hits and shoots very well. If you want someone really cheap, Seidenberg's great, or around 15k, Pietrangelo is also good.

Old
11-02-2012, 11:58 PM
TheQuackAttack

Quote:
From what I hear, without a doubt, it's SOTW Chara, who might just be the best card in the game. My best has been Shea Weber. Cannon. CANNON. I literally lose sight of the puck when he bombs it.

Old
11-03-2012, 12:03 AM
wKetch22
Pure Grime

vCash: 50
Anyone have a Stastny for trade on xbox?

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Krejci View Post
I think SOTW Chara is the best card in the game. Put a captain on him, and then with a coach, he can have up to 94 skate. Literally unstoppable with his size, and his checking and defense, and shot, and then hands up to 90something, forget about it. You can't top that.

SOTW Weber's the same thing, just Chara's a little bit better. SOTW Suter's great, too, like you said. I've also really liked what I've gotten out of Brent Burns, can skate, but also hits and shoots very well. If you want someone really cheap, Seidenberg's great, or around 15k, Pietrangelo is also good.
I would agree about SOTW Chara

Well worth the 200k plus you will drop

Literally can absolutely wreck people while not moving or while skating behind them. Its hilarious when the faster skaters like Grabner try to blow by him and Chara keeps up with him skating backwards haha

the only underwhelming thing with him is that I haven't managed to finish on a single breakaway with him (yes he gets plenty of breakaways haha). He has been awesome defensively but just alright offensively, for some reason (maybe Im bad at slapshots) I havent been able to score with him from the point (but his rebounds are plentiful and he gets a lot of assists through those)

Old
11-03-2012, 12:09 AM
David Krejci
STANLEY CUP CHAMPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheQuackAttack View Post
From what I hear, without a doubt, it's SOTW Chara, who might just be the best card in the game. My best has been Shea Weber. Cannon. CANNON. I literally lose sight of the puck when he bombs it.
Yeah SOTW Weber is great, too. I've got him and SOTW Chara back there just bombs away all game, lol. If I get the shots through, look the f out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wKetch22 View Post
I would agree about SOTW Chara

Well worth the 200k plus you will drop

Literally can absolutely wreck people while not moving or while skating behind them. Its hilarious when the faster skaters like Grabner try to blow by him and Chara keeps up with him skating backwards haha

the only underwhelming thing with him is that I haven't managed to finish on a single breakaway with him (yes he gets plenty of breakaways haha). He has been awesome defensively but just alright offensively, for some reason (maybe Im bad at slapshots) I havent been able to score with him from the point (but his rebounds are plentiful and he gets a lot of assists through those)
Yeah I love blowing by people with SOTW Chara. I've actually scored a bunch of breakaway goals with him. I love carrying the puck into the zone with him, and like I said before, in the waning seconds of a game where I have the lead, I'll take it into the corner of the offensive zone and behind the net, and just challenge the guy to try and take the puck from me, they never are able to.

I love taking a drop pass or something and skating up to right before or around the hash marks and winding up and just absolutely drilling a slapshot top shelf, lol. Won a game in OT like that earlier, came into the zone with Datsyuk, stopped just as I got over the blue line, waited, waited, waited, and then as Chara was crossing the blue line, I passed the puck all the way across the ice (lucky nobody was there to intercept it) and hit Chara perfectly in stride, wound up, let it rip, and game over.

And yeah, his checking is just insane, will flatten literally anyone from almost any angle, at any speed.

Old
11-03-2012, 12:13 AM
Canuckfan4Life2

E.Malkin
H.Zetterberg
P.Marleau
M.Havlat
J.Pominville
J-Bo
P.Sharp
P.Statsny
L.Eriksson
D.Doughty
S.Gagne
M.Koivu
J.Neal
K.Letang
A.Pietrangelo
J.Carlson
E.Kane
J.Carter
J.Benn
J.Tavares
T.Myers
M.Duchene
D.Perron
A.Steen
B.Dubinsky
D.Backes
W.Simmonds
K.Yandle
B.Campbell
K.Shattenkirk
E.Johnson
J.Iginla

STOW
Toews (Serious offers plz)
Selanne
Callahan
Weber
Suter
Hamhuis

Legends
Gretzky (91 OVR)
JR

Im looking for Gaborik, Lucic and Lundqvist.

PM if you're interested or have the players I want

Edit
XBOX

Old
11-03-2012, 12:23 AM
Bud2790

Lost my 1st playoff game 3-1. The guy was good, but was a jackass for watching all his replays. You score a nice goal, go ahead and watch the first replay. But if you throw a weak wrister on net and poke it into the goal and then watch the whole replay, that makes you a jackass!

I won my next game 3-2, it was tied 2-2 when Nuge sniped a SHG with 1.8 seconds left in the 3rd!

Going to play round 2 now.

Closed Thread