HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

The Bluth Company (360) GM League Discussion/Signup Thread PT 4: NEED RESERVES

Old
11-11-2012, 04:18 AM
Stockey
Let's Go Buffalo!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockey View Post
-Booty's face when he makes the playoffs and realizes he is going to get swept in the first round.
-Colorado's face after getting smashed last year by Buffalo's rebound goals
-Benini's face when Nino leaves for Buffalo in Free Agency
-Sensei's face whenever he finally realizes his team still sucks after last year
-Price's face when Shea Weber misses the Stanley cup penalty shot
-Subdrewgans reaction when he plays the cpu (9 of 13!!!!!!)
-NYRMatt's face when losing the semi's last year after being up 3-1 in the series.
-Evolution every time he faces Buffalo (0-?)
-Anybody who tries to play Calgary online
-Ottawa's face when he realizes it was Christmas when he beat Buf 6-1.
-Pittsburgh everytime he turns his xbox on or goes on hfboards

feel free to add let's heat things up a bit

Last edited by Stockey: 11-11-2012 at 04:42 AM.
Stockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 07:40 AM
NYRMatt

Quote:
Stockey's face after rage quitting to the CPU and quitting the league to have 0% DNF vs. CPU.

NYRMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 08:30 AM
ArGarBarGar
Global Moderator
Defense Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRMatt View Post
Stockey's face after rage quitting to the CPU and quitting the league to have 0% DNF vs. CPU.
Hey.

Answer your PMs, dawg.

ArGarBarGar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 09:30 AM
matt1396

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRMatt View Post
this. x1000 (I can't believe were getting along)

matt1396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 09:31 AM
That Habs Fan
CH fan in TO

I have a few more games to play this block and won't be able to play until Monday, hopefully the advance isn't until then.

Also hoping I can get in a couple wins this block, currently 0-3-1

That Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 09:36 AM
xX Hot Fuss

Quote:
Haha well played Stockey

ChessArmy's face later this season when Nuevirth and Perrault turn out to be terrible.

xX Hot Fuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 09:39 AM
ArGarBarGar
Global Moderator
Defense Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
Haha well played Stockey

ChessArmy's face later this season when Nuevirth and Perrault turn out to be terrible.
It is only a matter of time.

ArGarBarGar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 09:57 AM
Price 89

Quote:
-Booty's face when he makes the playoffs and realizes he is going to get swept in the first round.
-Colorado's face after getting smashed last year by Buffalo's rebound goals
-Benini's face when Nino leaves for Buffalo in Free Agency
-Sensei's face whenever he finally realizes his team still sucks after last year
-Price's face when Shea Weber misses the Stanley cup penalty shot
-Subdrewgans reaction when he plays the cpu (9 of 13!!!!!!)
-NYRMatt's face when losing the semi's last year after being up 3-1 in the series.
-Evolution every time he faces Buffalo (0-?)
-Anybody who tries to play Calgary online
-Ottawa's face when he realizes it was Christmas when he beat Buf 6-1.
-Pittsburgh everytime he turns his xbox on or goes on hfboards

feel free to add let's heat things up a bit
Fuss's face next time he comes in down the middle with Kane and atttempts to do that dumb wrist shot and I decapitate Kane

Price 89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 10:02 AM
xX Hot Fuss

Not getting all of this wrist shot hate. If you're giving up shots in the slot, you're asking to get scored on. I dont complain about your little breakaway move that works 9/10 times. Playing solid D solves all these problems.

Old
11-11-2012, 10:03 AM
xX Hot Fuss

Quote:
Booty's face when he sees that he has to play atleast two of...

in the playoffs

Old
11-11-2012, 10:08 AM
Price 89

Quote:
Not getting all of this wrist shot hate. If you're giving up shots in the slot, you're asking to get scored on. I dont complain about your little breakaway move that works 9/10 times. Playing solid D solves all these problems.
Edit nvm not worth it

Old
11-11-2012, 10:25 AM
Chessarmy
Its a Marty Party

Winnipeg shuts down Devils, 2-1

New Jersey was given the false impression that they were ready to run the table this schedule period, but Winnipeg put those discussions to rest. "This is like meeting a very hot girl at the bar, you hit it off, she invites you over to her house and you think things are going great. Once you arrive, you knock on the door and she lets you in. You go upstairs to the bedroom, she throws you on the bed and locks the door. She proceeds to slowly take her clothes off, but before her shirt gets over her head, she stops, looks at you and goes 'haha, I was just ****ing with you, get out of my house you moron'. That's what this run has felt like, a giant tease" said RW Mathiew Perreault to the media this morning.

Winnipeg has beaten the New Jersey Devils 6 times in a row now. "We might as well just put it in the 'L' column before we even play them, save us some time", said center Dainus Zubrus, he was later scolded for his comment after the game. The Devils will look to regroup and continue their voyage towards a playoff spot against Washington. In what is going to be the most interesting game of the season, New Jersey will play the Capitals for the first time since the big trade. A loss will mean ridicule by the fans, and commissioner Fuss, who have all been very critical of the trade that sent Larsson to Washington. Chessarmy would not comment on his issues with commissioner fuss, "everything is status quo", he said. Rumors are that there was a heated dispute between the GMs last night, with Fuss eventually threatening to begin fraternizing with Chessarmy's girlfriend. "He seems to want to give everything away", said the Commissioner, "so I guess he wouldn't care if we added his girlfriend to the list"

"Trading Larsson was stupid", he concluded.

Devils vs Washington is set for Monday afternoon on NBC Sports Network.

Devils Lines -

Kovalchuk-Zajac-Perreault
Elias-Marleau-Henrique
Frolov-Zubrus-Latandresse
McCormick-Josefson-Bernier

Phillips-Greene
Tallinder-Schultz
Engelland-Fayne

Nuiverth
Brodeur

Injuries: Antrapov (40+), Volchenkov (40+)

Chessarmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 10:46 AM
xX Hot Fuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Price 89 View Post
Edit nvm not worth it
This is a League discussion thread dude. You can say whatever you want. Its not like i'm going to kick you or anything. Anything that makes the league better is important to me so lets hear it.

Old
11-11-2012, 10:57 AM
Price 89

Quote:
This is a League discussion thread dude. You can say whatever you want. Its not like i'm going to kick you or anything. Anything that makes the league better is important to me so lets hear it.
We all have our go to move. Ill just adjust. My breakaway goal involve me actually getting on a breakaway but the goals Kane scored involves you just crossing a blue lone and taking a wrist shot from far out that you and I can save. But like I said we all have our moves ill adjust so that next game either Kane gets decapitated or ill leave someone their so Kane won't take that shot

Other than that solid game was tight until the end

Old
11-11-2012, 11:08 AM
HaroldDruken

If you're giving up a lot of breakaways you deserve to get scored on. But in all fairness, If I have a lead and I get a breakaway I'll typically try something different than my few go-to moves... whether it's backhand/shelf, or dangle/five-hole, I won't score with the same move more than twice.

I hate people who all they do is circles in the offensive zone looking for the wrist shot in the slot. Circle all you want, but spread the puck around... pass it to the point, make a little dangle here and there, look for a one-timer or a tip-in, or just crash the net. There's so many fun ways to score in this game it boggles my mind why someone would want to be so repetitive and boring.

HaroldDruken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 11:42 AM
EvoLu7ioN

Quote:
Stockey after realizing he doesn't have a PPG forward, and Washington has 3

EvoLu7ioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 11:48 AM
Stockey
Let's Go Buffalo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoLu7ioN View Post
Stockey after realizing he doesn't have a PPG forward, and Washington has 3
You should probably check that again buddy. Skinner isnt a PPG player? hm...
maybe I should just take advantage of the game and send him out there for triple shifts like someone i know.....
and even better yet.. you have never beaten me so who cares about your stupid little players

My face when I turn on the Bills game today.......

Last edited by Stockey: 11-11-2012 at 12:04 PM.
Stockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 12:05 PM
stevezz

Fuss when will the next advance be? monday night?

stevezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 12:15 PM
Nick1219

Hopefully Monday....

I forgot to check who I have to play still... I believe I (Oilers) gotta play LA, CBJ, VAN, and someone else. Just because I'm not sure who it is exactly I won't message you guys, but ill be online around 9 est tonight.

Nick1219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 12:19 PM
EvoLu7ioN

Quote:
You should probably check that again buddy. Skinner isnt a PPG player? hm...
maybe I should just take advantage of the game and send him out there for triple shifts like someone i know.....
and even better yet.. you have never beaten me so who cares about your stupid little players

My face when I turn on the Bills game today.......
Haha, if you had a player as dominant as Ovi I think you'd double shift him too.

And talk is cheap so I won't get into it on here. I think you'll see a different Washington team the next time we play

EvoLu7ioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 12:29 PM
HaroldDruken

Anyone else having trouble hooking up with San Jose?

HaroldDruken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 01:07 PM
Couto10

Quote:
Originally Posted by chessarmy View Post

Winnipeg shuts down Devils, 2-1

New Jersey was given the false impression that they were ready to run the table this schedule period, but Winnipeg put those discussions to rest. "This is like meeting a very hot girl at the bar, you hit it off, she invites you over to her house and you think things are going great. Once you arrive, you knock on the door and she lets you in. You go upstairs to the bedroom, she throws you on the bed and locks the door. She proceeds to slowly take her clothes off, but before her shirt gets over her head, she stops, looks at you and goes 'haha, I was just ****ing with you, get out of my house you moron'. That's what this run has felt like, a giant tease" said RW Mathiew Perreault to the media this morning.

Winnipeg has beaten the New Jersey Devils 6 times in a row now. "We might as well just put it in the 'L' column before we even play them, save us some time", said center Dainus Zubrus, he was later scolded for his comment after the game. The Devils will look to regroup and continue their voyage towards a playoff spot against Washington. In what is going to be the most interesting game of the season, New Jersey will play the Capitals for the first time since the big trade. A loss will mean ridicule by the fans, and commissioner Fuss, who have all been very critical of the trade that sent Larsson to Washington. Chessarmy would not comment on his issues with commissioner fuss, "everything is status quo", he said. Rumors are that there was a heated dispute between the GMs last night, with Fuss eventually threatening to begin fraternizing with Chessarmy's girlfriend. "He seems to want to give everything away", said the Commissioner, "so I guess he wouldn't care if we added his girlfriend to the list"

"Trading Larsson was stupid", he concluded.

Devils vs Washington is set for Monday afternoon on NBC Sports Network.

Devils Lines -

Kovalchuk-Zajac-Perreault
Elias-Marleau-Henrique
Frolov-Zubrus-Latandresse
McCormick-Josefson-Bernier

Phillips-Greene
Tallinder-Schultz
Engelland-Fayne

Nuiverth
Brodeur

Injuries: Antrapov (40+), Volchenkov (40+)
Yo Chess, have you noticed every game has been 1 goal?! Pretty crazy.. P.s. Volchenkov and Antropov? Ouch.

Couto10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 01:09 PM
Chessarmy
Its a Marty Party

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couto10 View Post
Yo Chess, have you noticed every game has been 1 goal?! Pretty crazy.. P.s. Volchenkov and Antropov? Ouch.
Yes, you are my fiercest challenge so far - good games all around, maybe one day I'll win a game

I wasn't even mad last night though, you played a good clean game and I can't gripe about losing. I made two more mistakes than you, end of story. Good luck the rest of the season brother

Chessarmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 01:28 PM
xX Hot Fuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevezz View Post
Fuss when will the next advance be? monday night?
Advance is monday night

Old
11-11-2012, 01:35 PM
xX Hot Fuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Price 89 View Post
We all have our go to move. Ill just adjust. My breakaway goal involve me actually getting on a breakaway but the goals Kane scored involves you just crossing a blue lone and taking a wrist shot from far out that you and I can save. But like I said we all have our moves ill adjust so that next game either Kane gets decapitated or ill leave someone their so Kane won't take that shot

Other than that solid game was tight until the end
I dont know man, this is just my opinion but "actually getting on a breakaway" is a little sketchy. I'm not a fan of how EA handled this when they made the new skating engine. I love how important acceleration is in this game but i think that, especially defenseman, got screwed over in this regard. It takes so freaking long to get up to speed as a defenseman in this game and i think Dmen are especially sloppy when it comes to changing direction.

Your "go to move" is just a real short backhand-forehand that squeaks in behind the goalie. Its a result of poor programming. If you watch the replay the goalie always leaves waaaaay too much net open. Wrist shots are essentially the same thing, a result of poor programming which leads to goals that are almost Automatic.. I watched both of those Kane goals because i wanted to see exactly where i scored them. They weren't "far out" shots, they were in the slot.

Nonetheless, both of our situations are instantly fixed with better defense so i cant really complain.