HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

The Bluth Company (360) GM League Discussion/Signup Thread PT 4: NEED RESERVES

Old
11-16-2012, 01:37 PM
EvoLu7ioN

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockey View Post
It doesn't matter at all that you played OT games with these stats..... pretty telling right there.

Ribiero: 914 Minutes/ 52 Games Played=17.6 Minutes/game
Laich: 618 Minutes/ 52 Games Played=11.8 Minutes/Game
Wolski: 721 Minutes/52 Games Played=13.4 Minutes/Game

Chimera: 300 Minutes/45 Games Played= 6.66 Minutes/Game
Knuble: 335 Minutes/52 Games Played=6.44 Minutes/Game
Brouwer: 208 Minutes/52 Games Played=4.00 Minutes/Game (4 mins a game is pretty unbelievable)
When the game gets to OT the bench shortens considerably to Ovi Backstrom, Kane, and Ribero.

Laich is the PK beast.

EvoLu7ioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 01:41 PM
That Habs Fan
True Contenders.

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
Not that out of the ordinary man. I'm going to PM you the specifics but i'm making it a rule that you can no longer play those guys that much. Its EXTREMELY unrealistic. Especially since Ovechkin is the best player in this game, atleast shot wise, its a completely unfair advantage.
this + the fact that Ovi scored with a curl wrister in OT makes me wish I hadn't played Evo this morning...

That Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 01:42 PM
xX Hot Fuss
HFBoards Sponsor

I dont have time to lay out the specifics now to GM but for the rest of The Bluth Company, expect Ovechkin-Backstrom-Kane to be on the ice for no more than 28 Minutes/Game for the remaining 30 Games on Washington's schedule.

Failure to do so by the GM will result in the penalization of either a 1st round pick or a noticeable roster player (depending on the severity of how far over 28 minutes/game these players are).

xX Hot Fuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 01:45 PM
EvoLu7ioN

Quote:
Not that out of the ordinary man. I'm going to PM you the specifics but i'm making it a rule that you can no longer play those guys that much. Its EXTREMELY unrealistic. Especially since Ovechkin is the best player in this game, atleast shot wise, its a completely unfair advantage.
Honestly, so you think I should be tallying his time up at the end of each period and then benching him in the third if I'm a bit over? That's not right at all.

Old
11-16-2012, 01:46 PM
EvoLu7ioN

Quote:
I dont have time to lay out the specifics now to GM but for the rest of The Bluth Company, expect Ovechkin-Backstrom-Kane to be on the ice for no more than 28 Minutes/Game for the remaining 30 Games on Washington's schedule.

Failure to do so by the GM will result in the penalization of either a 1st round pick or a noticeable roster player (depending on the severity of how far over 28 minutes/game these players are).
What about the playoffs? Are you actually going to try and calculate how much I play my player per period when their are PPs, OT to factor in, and then make me play my ****** guys just for the hell of it in a crucial situation? This isn't right at all.

And what about Backstrom and Kane, what makes playing them a lot such an "unfair advantage"? There are 10+ and 20+ players in the league better than those guys respectively, every GM could do the same thing and be just as effective with it if they wished.

What you're gonna cause me to do is break up the top line and just roll Ovechkin - Backstrom - Wolski ; Lupul - Ribero - Kane with more of a split in time, which might actually make me better.

I mean I can make an effort to play some other guys more, but it's honestly going to take the fun out of the game for me if I have to tally up my minutes each 30 second intermission and then bench my stars in OT if I were to get a few PPs early in the game. I can make an effort to spread the minutes out a bit, but if there's a game where they go over 28 mins (which happens to a lot of GMs on here) that's dumb if I lose assets for going over once or twice. I can keep their average under 28 minutes from now till the end of the season, but I just know there's gonna be certain situations where they go over in a single game.

Last edited by EvoLu7ioN: 11-16-2012 at 02:13 PM.
Old
11-16-2012, 01:47 PM
EvoLu7ioN

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHamps View Post
this + the fact that Ovi scored with a curl wrister in OT makes me wish I hadn't played Evo this morning...
Aww cmon, it was a beauty. If there's any goal to complain it's that third one on Price where he punched the puck into the net himself

Last edited by EvoLu7ioN: 11-16-2012 at 03:16 PM.
Old
11-16-2012, 02:03 PM
cbenini87

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoLu7ioN View Post
Honestly, so you think I should be tallying his time up at the end of each period and then benching him in the third if I'm a bit over? That's not right at all.
How about instead of worrying about tallying up time you put him on one line like everyone else does with their stars.

cbenini87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 02:04 PM
avsfan89

Quote:
What about the playoffs as I honestly don't care about the regular season. Are you actually going to try and calculate how much I play my player per period? This isn't right at all.

And what about Backstrom and Kane, what makes playing them a lot such an "unfair advantage"? There are 10+ and 20+ players in the league better than those guys respectively, every GM could do the same thing and be just as effective with it if they wished.
just playing devil's advocate here, if there are 'realistic' trades then there should be 'realistic' playing times. just use other lines for a balanced approach. 34 + min avg is a bit much

avsfan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 02:07 PM
xX Hot Fuss
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
What about the playoffs as I honestly don't give a **** about the regular season. Are you actually going to try and calculate how much I play my player per period? This isn't right at all.
It isn't right that you can ice the best player in the game for more than half the game. In most cases, almost 10 minutes more than other teams play their 1st liners.

The math isn't hard, or time consuming. I've had numerous complaints from numerous GMs. This is a problem that needs to be addressed, and it will be one way or another.

Old
11-16-2012, 02:16 PM
Couto10

Quote:
The Blutch Company 2013-14 ALL STAR GAME

All Star Game Begins Tonight at 11pm Central Time!

WESTERN CONFERENCE TEAMS

Reserves: In order-->Vancouver, Phoenix, Anaheim, Calgary, Los Angeles, San Jose, Columbus

*Based on whoever is online at the time

EASTERN CONFERENCE TEAMS

Reserves: In order-->Tampa, Rangers, Montreal, New Jersey, Pittsburgh, Toronto, Boston

*Based on whoever is online at the time

Format:

1) We'll do an OTP game (has to be ranked or else we cant use our BAPs) in a specific, Created, Lobby (Bluth ASG or something)

2) Decide amongst yourselves who is going to play what position on each team. Its only an All Star Game, not that important.

3) Every team should Edit their BAPs to reflect the player you want representing your team (from Step 2). Model your BAP after him i.e. Change his name, jersey number, appearance, height, weight, and play by play name to reflect the real player.
==================================================

The Bluth Company Shootout Tournament

ALL teams are welcome to participate in this. I realize everyone will not be on tonight at the same time but, just for fun, here's what the Tree will look like...

1) Dallas vs 15) Boston
1) Islanders vs 15) Columbus

2) Chicago vs 14) Toronto
2) Florida vs 14) San Jose

3) Edmonton vs 13) Pittsburgh
3) Carolina vs 13) Los Angeles

4) Detroit vs 12) New Jersey
4) Winnipeg vs 12) Calgary

5) Minnesota vs 11) Montreal
5) Buffalo vs 11) Anaheim

6) Colorado vs 10) Rangers
6) Washington vs 10) Phoenix

7) St. Louis vs 9) Tampa
7) Philadelphia vs 9) Vancouver

8) Nashville vs 8) Ottawa

Format:

-Unranked, 7 rounds
-Must use your GM Connected teams (Obviously)
-If you're opponent isn't online at the time, they "forfeit" that round and you automatically advance
-The Winner of the shootout will receive(their choice) of a 2015 3rd, 2016 2nd, or a 2017 1st round pick from the
This is awesome.

Couto10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 02:26 PM
EvoLu7ioN

Quote:
It isn't right that you can ice the best player in the game for more than half the game. In most cases, almost 10 minutes more than other teams play their 1st liners.

The math isn't hard, or time consuming. I've had numerous complaints from numerous GMs. This is a problem that needs to be addressed, and it will be one way or another.
Ok, I understand where you are coming from and I'm honestly willing to make some changes if it's a problem to lots of other GMs. I'm listening to what you are saying, and agreeing with it. Ovechkin's ice time needs to come down.

Now please listen to what I am saying as well. I am honestly going to bring his ice time down, his average is going to be less than 28 minutes a game for the remainder of the season. But are you telling me that for one single meaningless regular season game, if I miscalculate his time in a game that goes to OT some other GM is going to freak out and I'm going to lose my first round pick or any player that you choose? If so, I think it's only fair to place that sort or time monitoring burden on every GM in the league, you can't make a rule and single out one GM. Look at other guys in the league, there's lots around the 25 minute mark, and that's an average. I guarantee in games those guys go over the 28 minute mark themselves. That would be like saying the Stockey rule only applies to buffalo.

Old
11-16-2012, 02:28 PM
ArGarBarGar
Global Moderator
Defense Please

Smith needs to try and stop a shortside goal once in awhile.

ArGarBarGar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 02:35 PM
matt1396

Quote:
Ok, I understand where you are coming from and I'm honestly willing to make some changes if it's a problem to lots of other GMs. I'm listening to what you are saying, and agreeing with it. Ovechkin's ice time needs to come down.

Now please listen to what I am saying as well. I am honestly going to bring his ice time down, his average is going to be less than 28 minutes a game for the remainder of the season. But are you telling me that for one single meaningless regular season game, if I miscalculate his time in a game that goes to OT some other GM is going to freak out and I'm going to lose my first round pick or any player that you choose? If so, I think it's only fair to place that sort or time monitoring burden on every GM in the league, you can't make a rule and single out one GM. Look at other guys in the league, there's lots around the 25 minute mark, and that's an average. I guarantee in games those guys go over the 28 minute mark themselves. That would be like saying the Stockey rule only applies to buffalo.
the only problem is Ovechkin and company play for more than 28 mins a game, I wouldn't be surprised if his avg TOI is in the 30's or early 40's. Having one in the mid to somewhat high 20's is normal but Ovi's definitely isn't.

matt1396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 02:39 PM
SUBdrewgANS
born into trouble

Send a message via AIM to SUBdrewgANS
Quote:

im pretty sure it would be the average over the amount of games.. not per game.. obviously there are some games where he will be played more.. for instance trailing in the 3rd by a goal, i'd play my top line at least every other shift to try to tie it.. but if I am being blown out with no chance of a comeback or if I am leading by a considerable margin (unlikely) i'd rarely be putting out my top lines.

just my 2 cents

SUBdrewgANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 03:02 PM
xX Hot Fuss
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

I appreciate you understanding me. I know i'm singleing you out here, which isn't really fair, but i have to do it for the good of the league. I'm not saying Ovie's time needs to be watched on a Period-Period basis, or even a Game-Game basis really.

Look at it this way, there are 30 more games for you in your season. Thats 1800 more possible minutes (60 minutes/game x 30 games). In order for Ovechkin-Backstrom-Kane to Average no more than 29 minutes per game, they cannot play more than 870 minutes (29 minutes/game x 30 games) each for the remainder of the season.

You dont have to put Ovie on your 2nd line, you dont need to not ice him if you're about to lose a game. Just spread out your forward depth a little bit and dont run your 1st line as much throughout the entire game. It'll take getting used to but it must be done.

Old
11-16-2012, 03:08 PM
HabsIslesFan

I only have 2 games this block!

HabsIslesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 03:12 PM
EvoLu7ioN

Quote:
I appreciate you understanding me. I know i'm singleing you out here, which isn't really fair, but i have to do it for the good of the league. I'm not saying Ovie's time needs to be watched on a Period-Period basis, or even a Game-Game basis really.

Look at it this way, there are 30 more games for you in your season. Thats 1800 more possible minutes (60 minutes/game x 30 games). In order for Ovechkin-Backstrom-Kane to Average no more than 29 minutes per game, they cannot play more than 870 minutes (29 minutes/game x 30 games) each for the remainder of the season.

You dont have to put Ovie on your 2nd line, you dont need to not ice him if you're about to lose a game. Just spread out your forward depth a little bit and dont run your 1st line as much throughout the entire game. It'll take getting used to but it must be done.
Understood. I'll make sure his average is under the limit, and will also make a conscious effort to not overplay him in individual games as well.

Now watch him get injured in the next double advance

Old
11-16-2012, 04:26 PM
slightlystewpid420

Can we advance early if everyone is done??

I just have the 1 game left with Detroit and im done, but idk about everyone else.

slightlystewpid420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 05:01 PM
That Habs Fan
True Contenders.

vCash: 400
I've played two and have two remaining (versus Florida and NJD) and would love an advance if everyone can finish early

Last edited by That Habs Fan: 11-16-2012 at 05:09 PM.
That Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 05:04 PM
Price 89

Still got 5

Price 89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 05:13 PM
SUBdrewgANS
born into trouble

Send a message via AIM to SUBdrewgANS
played none yet

SUBdrewgANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 05:14 PM
cbenini87

Winnepeg, I want to apologize for taking a run at Mike Green at the end of the game inside the last 10 seconds. Obviously a lot of frustration. Good game. Prob the worst game I've played, I need to expand my game offensively.

cbenini87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 05:18 PM
Couto10

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbenini87 View Post
Winnepeg, I want to apologize for taking a run at Mike Green at the end of the game inside the last 10 seconds. Obviously a lot of frustration. Good game. Prob the worst game I've played, I need to expand my game offensively.
It's all good man, it was pretty good game, and that tip on the 1st shot of the game was lucky haha.

Old
11-16-2012, 05:29 PM
slightlystewpid420

All hope is lost. My D might be the worst in the league, abysmal....

Last edited by slightlystewpid420: 11-16-2012 at 06:09 PM.
slightlystewpid420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 06:11 PM
Couto10

A reserve is going to have to take place of the Winnipeg Jets in the all-star game due to me forgetting I have tickets to the Cougars game tonight. Goes from 7:00-9:45 pst. Wish I could be in it, sorry boys