HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Business of Hockey
The Business of Hockey Discuss the financial and business aspects of the NHL. Topics may include the CBA, work stoppages, broadcast contracts, franchise sales, and NHL revenues.

The State of Hockey in 1966

Old
11-17-2012, 09:50 PM
Mork

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Mork
The State of Hockey in 1966

Here is a 28-minute clip from the CBC archives: http://www.cbc.ca/player/Digital+Arc...ID/2289804434/

It describes a host of issues the NHL was then facing.

I think it also shows that the strong feelings both for and against the NHL that we see on HFBoards have been present for a very long time.

Mork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2012, 11:22 PM
KevFu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mork View Post
Here is a 28-minute clip from the CBC archives: http://www.cbc.ca/player/Digital+Arc...ID/2289804434/

It describes a host of issues the NHL was then facing.

I think it also shows that the strong feelings both for and against the NHL that we see on HFBoards have been present for a very long time.
Funny, I'm watching the NHL Network's Day That Changed The Game on the 1967 Expansion.

Philadelphia had a parade before their inaugural season opener from City Hall down Broad Street to the arena... and no one showed up. The people in the streets saw these people going by in convertibles and were wondering who they were.

St. Louis had horrible attendance until the playoff race started and they won the West to make the SCF.

No one cared about the sport in these "non-traditional hockey markets" !

KevFu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2012, 11:27 PM
FanSince2014
What'd He Say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevFu View Post
Funny, I'm watching the NHL Network's Day That Changed The Game on the 1967 Expansion.

Philadelphia had a parade before their inaugural season opener from City Hall down Broad Street to the arena... and no one showed up. The people in the streets saw these people going by in convertibles and were wondering who they were.

St. Louis had horrible attendance until the playoff race started and they won the West to make the SCF.

No one cared about the sport in these "non-traditional hockey markets" !
What was Bettman thinking when he expanded teams into all those non-traditional hockey markets?

I love reading this from players and player sycophants alike.

FanSince2014 is offline   Reply With Quote