Closed Thread

Old
11-16-2012, 11:31 PM
Kovi
Kafka and Hockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMac21 View Post
Awesome pic...love visiting there when I go to Boston.
thankie. it was mahem in there tonight.

Old
11-16-2012, 11:51 PM
patty59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
i just got home from work and I turn on the nhl network and the regina pats are playing the Vancouver giants. my question is why do canadians pronounce regina like vagina with a "R"?
Because that's how it's pronounced.

How did you think it's pronounced? Ree-gina? Ruh-geena?

We have another name for it, but it's not appropriate.

Old
11-17-2012, 12:03 AM
robert terwilliger
the bart, the

i always assumed "reh-geena".

Old
11-17-2012, 08:10 AM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovi View Post
thankie. it was mahem in there tonight.
Harvard/Yale weekend, and it's at Harvard this year. There's about one million events scheduled on campus all weekend, starting with Thursday.

Last edited by Kate08: 11-17-2012 at 08:16 AM.
Old
11-17-2012, 08:11 AM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

I thought it was Ruhgeena...like the pizza.

Old
11-17-2012, 08:25 AM
Kovi
Kafka and Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate08 View Post
Harvard/Yale weekend, and it's at Harvard this year. There's about one million events scheduled on campus all weekend, starting with Thursday.
It was CRAZY there. I dont recall it being that crowded ever before.
My girlfriend Amy and I just cruised in to do some night shots. People were tolerant for about the first 45 minutes....then they started getting edgey about our tripods. One lady screamed at Amy and demanded she delete her pictures (because the women thought she was in one)....She went and told a cop--the cop just walked away

Anywhoo--heres another shot

Old
11-17-2012, 08:31 AM
Ference the Finger
Ference is my binky

Quote:
It was CRAZY there. I dont recall it being that crowded ever before.
My girlfriend Amy and I just cruised in to do some night shots. People were tolerant for about the first 45 minutes....then they started getting edgey about our tripods. One lady screamed at Amy and demanded she delete her pictures (because the women thought she was in one)....She went and told a cop--the cop just walked away

Anywhoo--heres another shot

A couple of really nice shots, Kovi. I have always had a thing for black and white. I am really intrigued though - if it was super busy, where are the people in the shots?do they just get kind of faded out because of the length of the exposure? If so, that's super cool. It looks like it's super deserted, and that's one of the things that makes the shots so cool.

Old
11-17-2012, 08:57 AM
Kovi
Kafka and Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ference the Finger View Post
A couple of really nice shots, Kovi. I have always had a thing for black and white. I am really intrigued though - if it was super busy, where are the people in the shots?do they just get kind of faded out because of the length of the exposure? If so, that's super cool. It looks like it's super deserted, and that's one of the things that makes the shots so cool.
yep. you got it exactly right. The length of exposure times makes the fade. there were probably 8 people an 6 cars in this shot. I'm not sure what the exposure was (I'd have to check), but the streak is all thats left of the cars.

I love long exposures. the light looks so haunting.

heres another--ok test your theory, is this exposure time longer or shorter than the last one?

Old
11-17-2012, 09:08 AM
Ference the Finger
Ference is my binky

Quote:
yep. you got it exactly right. The length of exposure times makes the fade. there were probably 8 people an 6 cars in this shot. I'm not sure what the exposure was (I'd have to check), but the streak is all thats left of the cars.

I love long exposures. the light looks so haunting.

heres another--ok test your theory, is this exposure time longer or shorter than the last one?

It would be shorter, because the light streaks from the cars are more prominent (less fade).

I can remember playing with long exposures back when I was in high school, but it was much tougher with actual film and no darkroom to develop it.

Old
11-17-2012, 09:08 AM
Kovi
Kafka and Hockey

Quote:
It would be shorter, because the light streaks from the cars are more prominent (less fade).

I can remember playing with long exposures back when I was in high school, but it was much tougher with actual film and no darkroom to develop it.
good job.

Old
11-17-2012, 09:11 AM
Ference the Finger
Ference is my binky

Here's another exposure shot that I like, though the result is much different from yours:

Old
11-17-2012, 09:12 AM
Ference the Finger
Ference is my binky

Now I'm feeling the need to break my camera out today.

Old
11-17-2012, 09:15 AM
Kovi
Kafka and Hockey

Quote:
Now I'm feeling the need to break my camera out today.
go for it!!!!

last one: heres me....shootin-with-the-boots-on

Old
11-17-2012, 10:10 AM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckdobbins View Post
That's awesome. I know so may people that closed on houses today. Must be awesome just to get that hurdle out of the way, and I'm sure your wrist is killing after signing everything...you'll need to paint lefty now, wink wink. Painting sucks, real bad. I don't really mind doing the wide open rooms, but doing the walls up by the ceiling and near the baseboards is tedious as ****. Plus, if you gotta paint over a staircase or cabinetry, forget it. I do NOT envy you in that regard. Seriously though, congrats on the big move and good luck!

The contract we got for our home is pretty thorough. We pay nothing til we close. I don't like that there's a clause in there saying we can't bail once they start building, but I guess that's normal on pre-con. There's something in there about not being able to bail based on inspection details, but they will work with us to fix it on their dime if deemed necessary. Basically they told us originally that we had to pay for faucets, the washer/dryer, and that we had a 2500 allowance on a fridge, dishwasher, range/oven, and microwave (and they claim to get them at cost through a local dealer so 2500 is feasible for it all)...but the P&S is saying that literally all of that is included without condition, including faucets and all appliances. The verbiage is weird though. Also, there's something in there about the wiring for all lighting, but it says nothing about lighting fixtures being included (though it does say "supply and install Kohler or equiv faucet/bath fixture" etc etc)...so it seems like they supply the faucets but not lighting all of a sudden.

IDK, my head is spinning. I feel like it would be easier to ask "WHAT DO WE HAVE TO BUY, AND ANYTHING YOU DONT LIST BEST BE INCLUDED IN THE PURCHASE PRICE"
I don't mind painting at all. I did some carpentry/construction a lifetime ago, and we did a lot of painting. All you need is a good chisel tipped brush to cut in and the rolling is very relaxing once that's done.

The part I dread is the moving of all the big stuff and then the unpacking. When it was just us, we could live out of a box and be fine, but with the kids, we have to get everything settled as soon as possible.

Old
11-17-2012, 10:12 AM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Congrats my man! I know I give you a lot of grief, but it's only cuz I like you. (cuz you're just like me)

Seriously, congrats on the closing.
Thanks, mang! No worries, I never take any of the jokes here personally. In fact, I look forward to them...

Old
11-17-2012, 10:19 AM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Here's another exposure shot that I like, though the result is much different from yours:
And here I would have expected something a lot different from you when I heard the word exposure. Live and learn, I guess...

Old
11-17-2012, 10:21 AM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert terwilliger View Post
lego lord of the rings is finally in wife and i's possession after two delays by the game company.

of course:

1- we both worked ridiculous hours today and are both exhausted.
2- the ******* main board on the tv went out again. third time that the main board has gone out, which activates my "no lemon policy" with sam's club and their warranty. will the terwilligers get a new tv? probably not since they'll likely cite some rule that was written in invisible ink on the warranty form.

so i have to call tomorrow about getting a repairman to come out and swap the main board on the tv for the third time, taking all of my wonderful saved settings with it.
I am infatuated with the lego games. Star Wars was great, Indiana Jones was even better, so I am dying for this game. Maybe I'll get the wife to pick it up for Christmas, even though we're not really exchanging presents since we just bought the house.

Old
11-17-2012, 10:31 AM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

Old
11-17-2012, 10:40 AM
robert terwilliger
the bart, the

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSCII View Post
I am infatuated with the lego games. Star Wars was great, Indiana Jones was even better, so I am dying for this game. Maybe I'll get the wife to pick it up for Christmas, even though we're not really exchanging presents since we just bought the house.
for some reason, our local store's distribution was delayed.

and the tv going out was just perfect timing.

Old
11-17-2012, 11:46 AM
BMC
PerJohan Axelsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckdobbins View Post
Update on the home buying/selling.

Our buyers were kinda backed into a corner, cuz their window to back out had passed, plus there was verbiage in the contract explicitly stating that since we came down so much on price already we weren't taking anything else off or doing any work based on what happened during the inspection. Technically they could have backed out based on the radon results, but they waited too long and now they have no recourse as far as I know. So they got a quote for it that was 1200, we found a guy that will do it for 950, so they're using our guy and paying themselves. WIN!

As far as our future house, it's still just flat ground at the moment. We got an updated P&S from the builder's attorneys today and there's tons of stuff that doesn't add up. I have a ton of questions I need cleared up before I sign, such as who pays for light fixtures, bath/kitchen fixtures, is there a specific $ amount for an appliance allowance or are they included, does that include washer and dryer, will HVAC be supplied to the finished basement, and just some general questions about subfloors (upstairs and in the cellar) and the water proofing/vapor barriers in the cellar. The contract mentions almost all of it, but it's extremely vague and some of it is completely opposite (in some cases for the better, some for the worse) of what we were told in the recent past. We shall see!
IMO don't sign it until the language is changed/clarified in writing. It will save much pain and $$ later on.

Old
11-17-2012, 11:48 AM
BMC
PerJohan Axelsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranold26 View Post
or on my shoulders....

/too much? lol
This is the OT thread. Where too much is never enough

Old
11-17-2012, 11:50 AM
BMC
PerJohan Axelsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssault View Post
Wonder what happened...
Holy shiat. Hope it wasn't another head injury.

Old
11-17-2012, 11:53 AM
BMC
PerJohan Axelsson

Quote:
are you crazy?

leave em on

and....for the record. Kate08 will now be known as EvilKate08.... I had time to kill before I met my galpal tonight. I stopped at Burlington just to poke about......came home with these...on the left(but in distressed brown)
(had friggin boots on the brain)

Yup it is all Kate08's fault. I spent last night online drooling over boots.

I like the pair on the right. How much $, do you know?

Old
11-17-2012, 11:55 AM
BMC
PerJohan Axelsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
i just got home from work and I turn on the nhl network and the regina pats are playing the Vancouver giants. my question is why do canadians pronounce regina like vagina with a "R"?
I noticed that too. Weird.

Old
11-17-2012, 11:57 AM
BMC
PerJohan Axelsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate08 View Post

Congratulations Kate!

Closed Thread