Closed Thread

Old
11-27-2012, 01:54 PM
Guiledoom
Formerly JRull86

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSCII View Post
Did you set up tracking on UPS to see where your man parts are?
Ohh ZING!

Old
11-27-2012, 02:13 PM
Shaun
beauty

vCash: 50
Quote:
Did you set up tracking on UPS to see where your man parts are?
yes on July 26th they will be in her mo....

Old
11-27-2012, 02:29 PM
BMC
PerJohan Axelsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
You wish.

And be careful- when Taylor Swift breaks up with or otherwise has an unpleasant encounter with someone she writes songs about them.

Old
11-27-2012, 02:36 PM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
Haha!! Well played....

In all seriousness, have you seen her live before? I'm not sure why, but I picture the crowd to be an odd split of 14 year old girls, and creepy old guys...

Old
11-27-2012, 02:45 PM
BMC
PerJohan Axelsson

Quote:
Haha!! Well played....

In all seriousness, have you seen her live before? I'm not sure why, but I picture the crowd to be an odd split of 14 year old girls, and creepy old guys...
I can't get into her music at all. There's something too delicate/dreamy/sugary about her songs, at least the stuff I've heard on the radio. I know she's very young but still. Ugh. Maybe it is just the music grinch in me

Old
11-27-2012, 02:53 PM
Dogberry
NHL2Seattle plzkthx

Country bubble gum pop. Ick.

Old
11-27-2012, 02:56 PM
BMC
PerJohan Axelsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogberry View Post
Country bubble gum pop. Ick.
Exactly!

Old
11-27-2012, 05:05 PM
Kovi
Kafka and Hockey

Three cheers for Chase credit card!

I tried to buy something online....a very sketchy Bejing company apparently.

they emailed me and said the item was out of stock and to get something else. I said "no thank you"-they said...if you cancel we charge a 3.5% fee.

I said....ummmmm, no.

Chase is fixing it

Old
11-27-2012, 06:13 PM
ODAAT

And so it begins, just received an email from my Son's mother, she received a call from an American College/University regarding my boy's "future" in the game of golf

He's 16, Grade 11, scratch golfer, she didn't mention what school. If the boy stays focused (unlike his father) good things could happen

As much as I am happy about the athletic side of things, I'd have to pinch myself if he could secure a free edumakation

Old
11-27-2012, 09:23 PM
Bruwinz37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris Wanchuk View Post
The weirdest thing I remember from Montreal is the mechanical, controlled, liquor dispensers that the bartenders have to use. Is that the law or something?

No reason to give them a good tip, its not like they are going to make you a stiff drink.
It was bizarre. You go into this provincial controlled store and you have to buy (for the most part) by the can. They werent even really cold and they werent bound together. Total sh-- show all around.

Old
11-27-2012, 09:24 PM
Bruwinz37

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
And so it begins, just received an email from my Son's mother, she received a call from an American College/University regarding my boy's "future" in the game of golf

He's 16, Grade 11, scratch golfer, she didn't mention what school. If the boy stays focused (unlike his father) good things could happen

As much as I am happy about the athletic side of things, I'd have to pinch myself if he could secure a free edumakation
That is awesome. Congrats. Whatever gets your guy a free ride is great.

Old
11-28-2012, 07:56 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruwinz37 View Post
That is awesome. Congrats. Whatever gets your guy a free ride is great.
Thx, it`d be nice however.......he`s 16 almost 17, the boy could hate the game by the end of the month

doubt it though, he`s that golfer who gets to the course early, plays, then stays late working on his game without anyone pushing him to do so, burnout or injury (gawd forbid), rather than disinterest would be the only way he leaves the game

Old
11-28-2012, 08:20 AM
Rubber Biscuit
Noted Loui Apologist

Quote:
Thx, it`d be nice however.......he`s 16 almost 17, the boy could hate the game by the end of the month

doubt it though, he`s that golfer who gets to the course early, plays, then stays late working on his game without anyone pushing him to do so, burnout or injury (gawd forbid), rather than disinterest would be the only way he leaves the game
Sounds a lot like my brother. He's at the course more then he's at home. He's working his way to becoming a PGA pro right now. I think he's a 3 handicap, but I could be mistaken.

Old
11-28-2012, 08:31 AM
TMac21
Retooled for 2014

Send a message via AIM to TMac21 Send a message via Yahoo to TMac21
Quote:

What's his home course in NS?

Old
11-28-2012, 09:29 AM
chuckdobbins

So perhaps not buying a new house afterall. Apparently the people buying our house are having all sorts of trouble finalizing their own home sale. Since their buyers are getting an FHA loan there are some extra hoops to jump through, and now they need to replace a half dozen windows and some structural columns in a crawl space or something. They're supposedly finding out today if their buyer is backing out, and if so, they'll be backing out of our house as well.

That being said, they're overdue on an extension with us so I think we have some legal recourse. We've been living out of boxes for a couple weeks now, and had a storage pod delivered last month. So not only would we have paid all the money for the storage pod, but we'll have to move everything back into the house

Crossing my fingers that our buyers' buyer doesn't back out!

Old
11-28-2012, 10:07 AM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckdobbins View Post
So perhaps not buying a new house afterall. Apparently the people buying our house are having all sorts of trouble finalizing their own home sale. Since their buyers are getting an FHA loan there are some extra hoops to jump through, and now they need to replace a half dozen windows and some structural columns in a crawl space or something. They're supposedly finding out today if their buyer is backing out, and if so, they'll be backing out of our house as well.

That being said, they're overdue on an extension with us so I think we have some legal recourse. We've been living out of boxes for a couple weeks now, and had a storage pod delivered last month. So not only would we have paid all the money for the storage pod, but we'll have to move everything back into the house

I was under the impression that the FHA program was out of funding for the rest of the year. Hopefully that doesn't impact you. It's a drag that you have to go through this at this late of a date. Hopefully the people buying your buyer's house don't back out.

Old
11-28-2012, 10:14 AM
BMC
PerJohan Axelsson

Quote:

I'm sorry to hear this Chuck. Hopefully you will be able to get some of your money back.

Owning property can suck big time.

Old
11-28-2012, 11:15 AM
chuckdobbins

Quote:
I was under the impression that the FHA program was out of funding for the rest of the year. Hopefully that doesn't impact you. It's a drag that you have to go through this at this late of a date. Hopefully the people buying your buyer's house don't back out.
It might not be an FHA, but it's something along those lines. I guess they were already approved for the loan just recently, but something came up way later during one of the inspections regarding windows. I'm not really sure on details.

Old
11-28-2012, 11:24 AM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:
It might not be an FHA, but it's something along those lines. I guess they were already approved for the loan just recently, but something came up way later during one of the inspections regarding windows. I'm not really sure on details.
I know FHA is done. Maybe its MHL, as that program still has funding since it's a state program.

Yeah, the inspection was our toughest part to get through as well. Since they hadn't filed an extension by the allotted time, they're pretty much locked in to buying your place, right? If they back out now, you get to keep their down payment (if my understanding of the process is correct). At least that's what our deal had in it's language as part of it.

Old
11-28-2012, 11:32 AM
chuckdobbins

Quote:
I know FHA is done. Maybe its MHL, as that program still has funding since it's a state program.

Yeah, the inspection was our toughest part to get through as well. Since they hadn't filed an extension by the allotted time, they're pretty much locked in to buying your place, right? If they back out now, you get to keep their down payment (if my understanding of the process is correct). At least that's what our deal had in it's language as part of it.
Yes we will have some sort of legal recourse. They are weeks beyond filing another extension at this point. I don't know exactly what we would receive, but unless it's a giant check worth 6 figures I'd rather the deal go through so we can move the f on

Old
11-28-2012, 11:40 AM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Yes we will have some sort of legal recourse. They are weeks beyond filing another extension at this point. I don't know exactly what we would receive, but unless it's a giant check worth 6 figures I'd rather the deal go through so we can move the f on
Of course you would prefer to close. At the very least though, you can get your expenses of moving, pod rental, storage, etc... covered since you've already incurred that cost out of your own pocket.

Old
11-28-2012, 11:45 AM
Dogberry
NHL2Seattle plzkthx

Owning property is a total hassle sometimes. I'm dreading how the whole house thing is going to shake out in my divorce. We can't sell it because according to the last appraisal, we're underwater. It's complicated by the fact that it's co-owned by me, her, and her mother... I'm willing to just get out and give it to them but they can't afford the mortgage without me. They may be able to bring it into affordable range with a re-fi, but that's TBD still.

Old
11-28-2012, 12:15 PM
chuckdobbins

Quote:
Of course you would prefer to close. At the very least though, you can get your expenses of moving, pod rental, storage, etc... covered since you've already incurred that cost out of your own pocket.
Just talked to the bride, apparently if they back out then we keep 5 grand. Our agent is suggesting to consider karma...well I did and when you factor in moving expenses (and time/energy) pod rental and storage, the fact we're living out of boxes, and that we may now lose out on our desired development for a new house, I just don't know if you can put a price tag on some of that. I'm pretty furious to say the least. Still hoping that it works out, we'll see.

It sucks to be our buyers, cuz they're hearing it from us AND their buyers now, with potential legal action from both ends it seems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogberry View Post
Owning property is a total hassle sometimes. I'm dreading how the whole house thing is going to shake out in my divorce. We can't sell it because according to the last appraisal, we're underwater. It's complicated by the fact that it's co-owned by me, her, and her mother... I'm willing to just get out and give it to them but they can't afford the mortgage without me. They may be able to bring it into affordable range with a re-fi, but that's TBD still.
Sounds like a nightmare. Even with a re-fi as a best case scenario it's still bound to get ugly. I feel like everyone is underwater, or treading water on their houses these days. It's absurd.

Home ownership aside, sorry to hear about the D word man. We'll all be here for you if you need to yell...or tell inappropriate jokes. We're good at that kinda thing.

Old
11-28-2012, 12:21 PM
Dogberry
NHL2Seattle plzkthx

Quote:
Sounds like a nightmare. Even with a re-fi as a best case scenario it's still bound to get ugly. I feel like everyone is underwater, or treading water on their houses these days. It's absurd.

Home ownership aside, sorry to hear about the D word man. We'll all be here for you if you need to yell...or tell inappropriate jokes. We're good at that kinda thing.
Don't worry about me... it's a very amicable split, and I have a great new girlfriend (the wife and I are officially separated as we go through the legalities). Appreciate the support though!

Old
11-28-2012, 12:23 PM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Just talked to the bride, apparently if they back out then we keep 5 grand. Our agent is suggesting to consider karma...well I did and when you factor in moving expenses (and time/energy) pod rental and storage, the fact we're living out of boxes, and that we may now lose out on our desired development for a new house, I just don't know if you can put a price tag on some of that. I'm pretty furious to say the least. Still hoping that it works out, we'll see.

It sucks to be our buyers, cuz they're hearing it from us AND their buyers now, with potential legal action from both ends it seems
It seems like a straight forward thing to me. They just need to fix what needs to be fixed at their current house in order to sell it. Either that or take money off the sell price and let the new owners fix it. If the prospect of losing $5K isn't enough motivation to make both deals happen, then I'd guess they're are bigger issues at play here. Total drag for you though. Hoping it all works out in the end.

Closed Thread